July 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 5/12-5/13

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 5/12-5/13

• @wildtot if you go run errands alone you should do something special for yourself- go out to lunch, get a pedicure, spend an hour in a bookstore (if that’s your thing). 
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @hillbillywife I’m planning a lunch with a few moms from my support group next weekend so I at least got that going. DH got his nail removed today and dealing with his man cold still so might not get enough time to do more. But I’ll definitely take my time at the grocery store and buy myself some personal goodies!
  • Loading the player...
  • zande2016zande2016 member
    edited May 2018
    @lindsayleigh1989 crappy situation, literally, our entire house smells like shit!! Sorry for the vulgarity. But it does. I also told my husband I wanted a massage, many weeks ago, I suspect that’s what he got me. Enjoy your massage and pedi!! 

@hillbillywife exactly, don’t treat me like a little kid and tell me wtf is going on. she was like whispering things to my sister and husband but refused to say anything to me. does she think I’m gonna go into labor or something?? 

I still don’t really know what happened, but when we got here my step dad was gone. I haven’t gotten up the courage to go look downstairs, but as I mentioned, the house reaks of bleach and poop. some of our rugs were rolled up and pushed to the side, windows open, house was freezing. Bathroom looks like it was taken apart and put back together. And there’s a pile of something unrecognizable on the counter, I’m guessing it’s whatever may have clogged the pipes? No clue what it is or how it got in there, but I’m positive we will be lectured and blamed and scolded for this (my mom and step dad own the house, we rent it from them). It will somehow be our fault, even though this house is 80 years old and has been known to have plumbing issues. I’m just so stressed about all our stuff in the basement and feeling like I don’t want to use that baby stuff anymore but can’t afford to buy all new stuff. My H made brunch reservations at 10 tomorrow, I doubt we’ll get to go with this late night and knowing how my son will be in the morning. sorry to complain so much, I know it could be a lot of worse.

ETA happy  mother’s day to everyone, I hope everyone gets to sleep in tomorrow, and gets some relaxation time!! 
  • @zande2016 oh man I am glad you got to go home instead of dropping money on a hotel, but super curious what the unrecognizeable mass is and what might have happened. Even if they are mad about the clog and the flooding, I don't understand why they are keeping you in teh dark about this issues.

I also hope that you are able to go to brunch today, and that your DS miraculously holds in his shitshow for afterwards. 

@kbernal2021 you look great! Hope your baby shower was tons of fun. And excited to hear how yours was, @noideawhatshesdoing

@wildtot I'm laughing at your comment on @paytonpedro 's story about our DH's holding in poop...too true. 

+1 to planning my own mothers day, but its typical, and the same for all holidays. I usually say, "I want to do this" and we try and make it happen. Last year he did bath time (which at the time was atypical) and this year we are going to MIL's house and doing brunch for her and her and I are going to a plant sale, but that was MY idea, again, which is fine, I'm excited! I usually have DS make him an adorable card or something for Father's day and maybe a little something else. I think we might just be bad at holidays in general.

DS woke up at 4:54 screaming, and I was like, no way he's never going back to sleep. DH got up and went and sung him Yellow Submarine and covered him with a blanket and miracle of miracles, he went back to sleep! It was even starting to get light. I was amazed! So that was a mother's day started off right!
  • wildtotwildtot member
    We’ll it was suppose to be my weekend to sleep in plus you know mother’s day. DS got but 10 mins before 6, i tried calling DH phone (since I’m sleeping in a different bed right now) and tried yelling his name for 20 mins. Finally got up because there is no way i can fall back to sleep with a coughing toddler next to me. 
    Happy Mother’s Day ladies!
  • @wildtot @paytonpedro I want to give your husbands a good talking to!! 

Has anyone done a float tank? It’s basically a sensory deprivation tank where you float in Epsom salt for an hour. I mentioned wanting to do it a long time ago, so that’s what I got for mother’s Day. Not gonna lie, kind of disappointed because I have been dying for a massage. But I’ve been reading up and seems like floating has a lot of benefits for pregnancy. Maybe I’ll just schedule a massage for after the floating and make a day of it. 
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @zande2016 he’s at least making breakfast right now. We’ll see what that mess looks like after...
    re float tanks: I’ve heard of them and have a friend who tried it. Haven’t heard if anything bad. I can definitely see how it would benefit pregnancy pains and feeling heavy overall. I’d love to do one. I’ve seen a few enclosed ones that give me some claustrophobia though. 
  • @wildtot yay for breakfast, I hope he cleans up his mess! Yeah, I do get claustrophobic so I’m nervous about that, but from looking at their website it looks like they offer open tanks for people who don’t like enclosed spaces. 
  • @zande2016 I've done it at 15 weeks. I liked it, but 60 min was too much for me. I'm a little ADD, haha, and despite my yoga I'm not exactly the meditative kind of brain:) but it was lovely for 40-45 minutes. I also would have appreciated soft music and a little bit of light. My tank was completely in the dark. Inwas thinking about doing it again closer to birth as it did feel super relaxing and maybe if I go when I'm huge and uncomfortable I'll appreciate the 60 minutes.
  • Wow. 2 friends (more like acquaintances) of mine, both pregnant and due in June, gave birth to premature babies. One was 9 weeks early and the other was 4 weeks early. Both are doing well, one was in Palm Springs when it happened so the baby was in the NICU there and got transferred to San Diego 2 weeks later. The other one I'm not sure he is in the NICU, probably is too, but he was 6pounds - pretty good weight for a preemie! Cue the freakout
  • wildtotwildtot member
    Bad day to do my grocery shopping. But funny to see all the dads with kids telling them to sit down and just overall dealing with the chaos lol
  • @zande2016 @wildtot @kissableviv
    the place that I've gone to go floating you can leave the door to the tank open and they have magnetic/waterproof lights that you can have inside the tank if you just want a little bit of light and it's for a whole 90 minutes 
  • wildtotwildtot member
    We’ve been wanting a storm door for a while but since we have 9’ doors it would be pricey to get them custom made. So DH thought it’d be a good idea to make our own today. A project for the family if you will. Well instead I’m stuck keep DS from getting into things while DH does the work. I can rarely help because then DS wants attention. 
  • Happy mother’s day ladies!! 
    Lucky me is working today, left the house at 6 to bring DS to my sister for the day and then going out to eat for my mothers boyfriends birthday lol. I’ll get my date night tomorrow  :#
    I came in this morning to a Mother’s Day card from all the little kids at my shelter and it’s so stinking cute.
    Meanwhile DH was dead asleep when I left the house this morning. He did take the initiative to plan a date night tomorrow, which was unlike him, and says he got me something... Secretly hoping for kit kats. 

@wildtot I saw sooo many overwhelmed dads at the grocery store today  :D
    @kissableviv freaking out over here too! Our babies will be here before we know it!
    @zande2016 float tanks would sound amazing in a few weeks, but idk how I’d feel being so huge and uncomfortable and also in a closed space- worth a try though! 

• Haha re overwhelmed dads at the grocery store...I just sent my husband grocery shopping with my son as I settle in for some rest/maybe a nap. I sent them to a store that’s a good 25 mins away, and added a second stop at Whole Foods on the way home for a protein shake I like that’s only sold there. I’d say I bought myself a good 2.5 hours to myself. 

@acunamatada the thing I was worried about was floating on my back when we’re not supposed to lie on our backs. I’m guessing because of the lack of gravity it’s not an issue? The guy assured my husband pregnant women do it all the time. 
  • wildtotwildtot member
    Can you be in a reclined position in the pools? 

DH while doing dishes: “not all of these dishes are going to fit” um yeah i often do two loads. “I hate this thing (silicone place mat), I’m going to throw it away”. Um no your not.
    Feel.the.pain. 
  • zande2016zande2016 member
    edited May 2018
    I’m so bummed about our infant seat. My son used it from birth until around 8months, and it was stored in a closet. I had no clue until I pulled it out today how dirty it had gotten. Aside from just being dirty from use, it was stored next to some of that horrible Christmas wrapping paper with sparkles, so it has all these sparkles in it. I can’t take the lining out to wash it. oh we also somehow lost the infant/newborn inserts and apparently uppababy doesn’t sell replacements for those. I feel like we are literally just incapable of keeping anything nice and in good condition in this family. Everything we own gets gross. Now I don’t know what to do about the car seat :frowning:

edit: I managed to get the seat cover off to wash, but one of the plastic tabs that secures it around the base of the seat just snapped right off in the process!! Waiting on email back from uppababy to see if seat is still safe to use. I’m so aggravated. 
  • DH just made DS dinner on the xouch. It was a pbj. There were crumbs. He swept all the crumbs onto the ground and told the dogs to clean it up. I was like dude, we tell D'S not to do that at the table can you clean it a different way? Instead of saying sorry he told me it's my fault he eats on the couch so if he can't put crumbs on the floor then there is no more couch eating. Are you actually serious? I told him it bugged me because it made me feel like he didn't care that it gave me more work and now he's not talking to me.
  • @SmashJam so annoying! wiping crumbs on the floor for the dog to clean up is exactly what my husband does too...whether it’s his own crumbs or our son’s. 
  • Worst mother's day ever. My husband and I fought all morning, making me cry. At lunch my kid wouldn't go to the public restroom, she asked to go and I took her literally 7 times. She peed in her booster seat anyway... TWICE. When I got back to the table, I was upset with my kid, my food was cold, and my husband starts lecturing me that I need to clean the high chair properly (i just wiped it off and got a new one). I went back to the bathroom and soaked a clean towel with soap and water and came back and cleaned it. Afterward I threw it on the floor by my feet to try and eat. He starts lecturing me again and I lost it crying and had to go cry in the bathroom. I just don't want to ever go anywhere again. Right now I am just watching my kid while my husband hides away upstairs sleeping or playing video games. Happy f-ing mother's day to me.
  • @cseley321 I am so sorry your Mother's Day was crap. I hope you guys make up and the day tomorrow is better, or maybe tonight is better. Hugs to you!

I feel like Mother's Day can be such a let down, especially if your husband is not often completely involved in the day to day aspects of life. My husband was like this before I quit working, but he's kind of worse now. They just get so damn stressed being expected to pull it together and even do some part of what we do that it ends up being a hot mess for everyone. My DH cooked a ham at his mom's, drank mimosas all morning, and has said almost nothing to me about it being mother's day and appreciating what I do. He's been borderline annoyed with me all night, if anything. I feel like I don't spend a lot of time getting acknowledged for what I do, and it would be cool if ONE DAY out of the year, someone said something to me about how great I was, and how they appreciate how hard I work. The true "mothers day" is really just basically doing everything you always do while your DH half asses his way through maybe attempting to help. 

Ugh I'm such a downer! But we basically came home and did life as usual. I haven't even had a "Happy Mothers Day!" from him. Its how things typically are on this day, but its still annoying. 
  • @smashjam I feel the exact same way. Usually it's not this bad for me, but my husband is going through a rough patch due to losing a family member this week. I almost feel bad for complaining, but I just feel worn down. 
  • @cseley321 @SmashJam I’m sorry for the crappy mother’s days! Holidays can be such a letdown. I can imagine it being really hurtful if your partner acknowledges his own mom but not the mother of his children, especially when your kids are too little to tell you themselves how much they love and appreciate you. Hugs!! 
  • Well DH(furthermore to be referred to as dick head) sucked today. No card no acknowledgement until i brought up he could write something to me on facebook... the best part all I asked to do was to go on a walk and eat dinner as a family. Nope, he apparently has "soooo much" yard work to do. Then the best part, when he comes in, and I took dd on the walk which is super hard on me and tends to cause an increase in BH, he doesn't lift a finger to help me with her at all nope. instead goes in to his office to play chess and then doesn't help with dinner, doesn't help with bedtime or when she woke up the first time because the game is more important. I would say I want to cry or yell but honestly I am just so used to this bullsh*t and him ignoring how much of a jerk he can be I just feel numb. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @lindsayleigh1989 sorry he is being a jerk. We should all get together for retail therapy. I'm placing my amazon order right now
  • so sorry many of you had crappy mother's days... mine wasn't the best but probably could have been worse...

DH decided he wants to buy a new couch/sectional for mother's day so that I can sit downstairs with the family since right now that couch eats my butt and throws my back out.  So we did pancake breakfast and hit a few furniture stores with cranky toddler; then all I wanted to do was pamper myself a bit after a week of dealing with puking toddler - but was soo tired I just rushed it.  Saturday we did fancy dinner out with in-laws.  DH was snippy in the car, DD wanted none of it, and dipshit here wore heels. MIL only pissed me off like once and that was at the end when I was just as done as DD. Then the back door to the garage we parked in was locked so after sitting in a hard restaurant booth for hours I got to limp - in heels, in the rain - a couple extra blocks to the front of the garage to get to the car. Actual mother's day morning was nice- DH took DD to panera and starbucks to get me bagels and coffee in bed (my request) and he picked up a succulent and card.  We laid in bed watching kid movies for a bit, then the happy bubble popped...she refused to nap and DH wanted to get out of the house... So all 3 of us are miserable and yelling at each other and we end up driving 45 min away to hit up 2 more furniture stores as DD throws full blown tantrums due to no sleep and he has me speed walk through the store alone because apparently I need to pick out the new couch >_< dude i just wanted to stay home on the couch...  I started feeling icky on the drive down and sat in the back to try to stretch out, then on the way home was having contractions 10 min apart...all back... we got ice cream at Jordon's and stopped in New Haven to pick up pizza - but by the time we got home the smell of the pizza made me nauseous so I skip food and just keep pushing water to try to kill the contractions. Finally wrestle her down to bed and like an hour later I start puking my guts out all night long.  Bright side is I felt a LOT better after the first round - DH said it was the most interactive I'd been all day! by round 5 I felt like death though...

I think I'm down to 2 couches... 1) navy blue sectional from Bob's that we can customize the pieces so it fits without any furniture changes.... 2) discontinued model from Jordan's that we'd have to unbolt one of the bookcases in the family room and move it to make it fit.... there's actually 2 versions (one has built in massage!! but the other is a nicer color/fabric) and since they're in the last-chance room they're only about $300 more than the Bob's one but most likely way higher quality...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 I am jealous of your New Haven pizza!! Except you didn't end up getting to eat it and puked your guts out instead, so I guess I'm not that jealous. We bought some stuff from Bob's a few years ago  that totally did not last, but my dad has a couple couches from there that he swears by and they've held up just fine. So maybe we just got unlucky, who knows. Their pricing is very tempting. We got a sectional from Pilgrim Furniture in Danbury 2 years ago (no idea if that's anywhere near you, but they had a lot of affordable options), it has held up so well and has taken sooo much abuse from my family. 
  • lol @zande2016 - went to Modern and didn't eat a single slice! i'm actually not super dissapointed - i've been in a super Margarita kick with legit moz and their idea was a cheese pizza with basil thrown on... Where we keep going back and forth is with 2 under 2 I don't want to go buy a $3000 sectional - which even Pilgrim in Milford that's pretty much what they had. I know Bob's is a crap shoot but considering how many times my 2 year has puked or rubbed blueberry into these couches...figured it would keep me from obsessing or getting pissed. The discontinued from Jordan's being only slightly more than the Bob's Discount seemed a decent compromise of quality but not breaking the bank. We also go back and forth between a stationary sectional with the giant stuffed ottoman and a recliner...but I'm thinking with my back the recliner is a better idea
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 We got a new couch last summer that we only spent $600 on from Target and it's cute and comfy and wasn't a huge investment because we knew we were going to start ttc and didn't want something expensive to end up having it ruined within the first few years. Deep down in my heart though all I want is a bright colorful $3000 sectional from joybird but I'm going to wait until we've had both kids we plan on having and the 2nd is at least 5 lol

• Fwiw I have an ikea sectional and I love it! It was $1300. Comfortable and spacious! But I'm literally the Ikea girl here, I know it's not for everyone but it works for us as we rent and we are cheap when it comes to furniture...we also have zero eye for interior design.
  • Also in a happy note after my insurance scare (see WTF thread) I am proud if my credit card tricks .I was able to get $45 back from one of my card's annual fees since I do not use it at all so I downgraded it to a different product that has no annual fee and I still maintained the credit line.

I also transferred a credit like from one card I don't use to my Southwest card. This will give me a higher credit limit and hence a better chance to get another companion pass for next year! I'm trying to make sure we can go to see the in laws in Texas often and it will be great to only pay for my ticket and not for DH.
  • @gingerbride26 my H and I had one of our first dates at Modern :smile: I'm delivering in Danbury and happy because I will NEED pizza right away since I can't eat it now thanks to GD, and there's a Pepe's not too far away. I'm gonna tell people if you wanna visit, you have to bring Pepe's. Also our sectional from Pilgrim's was nowhere near 3,000...we might have gotten it on clearance, I think we paid under 1,000. Reclining is definitely an awesome feature, my living room is too small to be able to pull it away from the wall enough to recline. We have the big ottoman type thing.