July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 5/12-5/13

Put em' here ladies! 

Re: Weekend Randoms 5/12-5/13

• Options
    @SmashJam, I hide/sleep in the mornings and DH does kids stuff. Especially on the weekends. I love it.
    But also, you were sick last night? I missed that! That sucks!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    emsnedemsned member
    @SmashJam I hope you are feeling better this morning despite the grumpy little. I’ve been trying (and failing) to encourage DD to rely on DH a little more every time she passes him and comes straight to me with a problem. Like, I’m not the only one in the room. Ask your dad for juice every once in a while, or whine to him when you’re having a meltdown. 

Anyone else been waking up with pain from their ears getting bent at night? I sleep on my sides like I’m supposed to, and I get all settled and comfy to fall asleep. But then I wake up and I guess my movement at night is causing my ears to get folded over, which is really painful in the morning. Can my sore ears turn into cauliflower ears? I really don’t know how to prevent myself from moving my head in my sleep. 
  • Options
    Solidarity on the DH front @SmashJam. After a horrendous day of contractions, grumpy DD and obnoxious, crying dog, DH said to just let him know what I needed. I asked him to stay home from work today to help with DD. He offered to work 2 hours short, which would put him home during her nap time....and zero extra help. This was after he stopped to pick up dinner last night but also stayed for 2 beers. I get that he needs time to relax too but dude, I can't get away from this baby in my belly so my sympathies are quickly can fading...
  • Options
    It also occurs to me that we often try NOT to interfere with each others parenting when its in the middle of happening, so if I'm dealing with a meltdown he lets me go until I tag out, that way we aren't undermining each other. He came out right after I got him in time out, so maybe he just was waiting to see what happened before he came out and changed the dynamic. Who knows?

@TalesOfASocialIntrovert I would be so annoyed about the two beers thing, unless he was just waiting for the food in that time, I guess. 

@emsnedds I have the sore ears sometimes and it happened before I got pregnant too, I have no idea why it happens but I hate it. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    +1 with H hiding from the craziness sometimes. 
    +1 for sore ears but i don’t know why. I think it’s because I’m just not use to sleeping on them this much.

over the past week there has been some work done to the drain pipes because of the new homes being built across the street. It took them three days to finish and each day i came home to some chemical smell in the house. DH called on the first day to ask if it was normal they said it’s fine. Well there was no work done yesterday and the smell is still coming in and giving me a headache. I might have to push DH again to call and complain. I could smell it all night and it’s still to cold to open windows at night. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam sorry for the rough start. But +1 for being sick, got taken down by food poisoning, stomach bug, or stress last night. Not sure what that was about, but it was miserable.  Had to choose which end got to make use of the toilet and which I'd rather clean up a mess from floor. Decided cleaning up puke was going to be somehow less gross. Ugh. Of course my shower is today. Great.
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    Sorry to hear you mamas feeling sick! Hope it passes soon! I remember having a stomach bug during third tri with DS. It’s no fun! I had to go to L&D because i became to dehydrated. Take care ladies and hope you feel better soon!!
  • Options
    Chris and I take turns on who gets to hide from the child- haha. 

Im excited because we have a date night tonight! I need to sleep since I worked all night and then by time I get up and get ready my dad should be here to watch DD. What a wonderful day! I do miss her since being back on nights though.
    normally I will still see her daily but with me getting the weekend off I had to work during the week. I dropped her off at daycare Thursday morning and won’t see her until I wake up today. I had to leave before they got home Thursday . Friday morning she was at daycare by time I got home ( to sleep ) and then I was gone again Friday before they got home. If I stay at my close hospital I have an extra hour and can catch them before I leave but when I go to one of my further hospitals it’s an hour commute.
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    Gah DH really bugged me just now. He has his foot procedure today and i just told him that I’ve been feeling really wet this morning. I need to keep an eye on it to make sure it’s just discharge. He looks at me and he asks if that means i would have to go to L&D. I said maybe only if it doesn’t stop. He’s like “really on the day i have to get my procedure?!” Yeah like i have total control on this?! It’s not his first rodeo, he knows the drill. Sorry i can’t schedule my pregnancy scares to his schedule. Let’s hope it’s nothing. I don’t forget about his stuff like he does with mine. 
  • Options
    acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited May 2018
    DH and I take turns hiding from the kid too, but when he’s home the kid only wants him so he’s usually out of luck. Sorry not sorry, I deal with him all day! 

@SmashJam I hope you’re feeling better! 
    @noideawhatshesdoing hope you have a great shower! 
    @paytonpedro teach me your ways  :s. I’ve yet to get DS to do a good poop on the potty, but we recently switched to no diaper at nap time with a pretty good success rate! I’ll be insanely happy when I’m done cleaning dirty farts out of this kids pants/underwear. 
  • Options
    I've been feeling super anxious due to a possible issue coming up with the area where we live, but I will save the story for Monday BF - it still needs to be verified, so I am TRYING to brush things off. The giant desk is GONE so now I can't focus on the nursery.

We are about to go to an 8 hour birth class through the hospital and I didn't sleep much due to too many thoughts in my brain so I'm not very excited...trying to focus on tomorrow's brunch at one of my favorite places.

You ladies feel better, I was right there with you last week and with the puking and the pooping there's seriously no relief in those moments:(
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited May 2018
    @acunamatada Literally pantsless at home and popsicles!! My kid knows that when he poops on the potty that he’ll get a popsicle, which makes him happier than nothing else, and it is the best motivation. We also weirdly (apparently) acknowledge farts and poops, so I ask him every time he farts if he’s gotta poop. But the past week he’s gotten it down and we’ve actually started putting cotton undies and pants back on him at home. He’s had a couple peepee accidents but no poop yet. One day he just did it. We FaceTimed my sister (who he loves) to tell her, and called DH. So we made a pretty big deal of it as well as the popsicle reward. Your DS will get it soon!! 

@wildtot I woke up with the same problem and had to change my undies before I left for work, and then put a pantyliner on. Im also pretty sure some of it is mucus plug, not that I’m super concerned because I know it regenerates. I almost thought I peed myself at first though. Really hoping it’s just normal, and not a yeast infection or something. On another note, I’m pretty sure my DH doesn’t remember a second from the 9 months I was pregnant last time. When I tell him my hips or back hurt he asks why... every night I have a tough time, he acknowledges it and asks why... when I tell him I’m having BH or even real contractions, he asks what the dr said- even though we’ve been though this and he knows the answer... when I tell him I just need to lay down, he makes me feel lazy... when I tell him bending over hurts/is uncomfortable, he asks why.... BECAUSE IM PREGNANT. Lol. So I’m pretty sure he was replaced by a look a like the last go around. 

Edit to add- he also has a pregnancy book for men with all the answers that he’s never even bothered to open, last time or this time. 
  • Options
    emsnedemsned member
    Oh man, I’m so sorry to you ladies that are sick  <3  sending you well wishes! 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @paytonpedro gonna have to try the popsicle trick for potty training. We are give the 3 day process a trying during Memorial Day weekend. I’ve already had a few scares this pregnancy for him to remember the drill. But i hear ya on the memory loss on all things pregnancy related. 
  • Options
    @paytonpedro we did m&ms which was great to start... I could count on one hand the number of accidents this kid has had in the past 4mo since we started, but he’ll fight me tooth and nail to poop on the potty. He farted on the potty the other day and I swear I threw him a parade  :D. One day! 
  • Options
    I could go on and on... but yeah let's just say I am jealous about how some husbands actually lend a hand...

For those struggling on potty training, the 3 day method worked like a charm for us!
  • Options
    @zande2016 it should be fine to use the chair massage. 

In laws are here and I am being forced to nest haha now that I have started it is like I am a tornado my upstairs is destroyed. and I hate that i am currently in such nursery limbo. I can't hang decor until we paint. I need to move the crib to our room and put the toddler bed in what will be the nursery but is still dd's room for now to help her transition to the bed. I just want both rooms done but ugh no where near close! I also went through and organized all my freebie bags haha I think I have a problem so many of them lol whoops! that's what happens when theh were giving them out like candy at babies r us once they announced the closure. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I’m sorry some of you are feeling so rotten. You made a good choice @noideawhatshesdoing barf is by far the better thing to clean up off the floor. Learned that the hard way. 

My ears have been fine but I’ve been sleeping weird on my arms and they fall asleep every night. That’s irritating. 

I wish my DD was completely potty trained @paytonpedro @acunamatada she’s been struggling with constipations so I don’t know if we’ll be very successful until that’s taken care of. It’s frustrating though because she’s definitely ready. I also don’t like cleaning wet farts out of underpants. 
  • Options
    We’ve been having plumbing issues. thought it was fixed after we had the septic pumped, then today discovered every time we flush the toilet, the water pours into the basement. The entire basement smells like septic and mildew, and all our baby gear is down there so I specifically asked my husband if everything was safe. He said yes, it’s only in one spot. I told him I still wanted everything moved because I don’t want our baby stuff smelling like mildew and septic. He of course ignores me and doesn’t move anything. Then as we’re getting ready to go to dinner, he starts flipping out that he can’t find his work phone. He literally just had it so I tell him to retrace his steps and he basically refuses and says he doesn’t know where he was. Like a freaking kid having a tantrum. So since I knew he had just been in the basement,
    after 20 mins of him tearing the house apart and stressing everyone out I went down there (with him telling me it was pointless beciase he just looked down there). Stepped right in the puddle of toilet water with my bare feet because the puddle was before the light switch and I couldn’t see. So bye bye freshly pedicured feet. Then as I turn the light on I see that the bassinet is literally sitting in the puddle of water. Wtf, he told me everything was safe?? Then I immediately found his stupid work phone after 20 seconds of looking. I’m mostly upset becuase we can’t afford To buy new baby stuff and I’m imagining putting our newborn baby into a moldy stinky bassinet. My step dad is on his way over to fix our leak and now my poor mom has To go to dinner without him for her own mother’s day celebration and I feel awful about that. And I have heartburn and there’s no water in the car to take my Zyrtec. H has the nerve to tell me “you know, you don’t have to be so miserable.” I wish I could give him my pregnancy symptoms and see if he lasted one freaking hour. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 sorry! Plumbing issues suck even when everyone is being their nicest selves. I hope nothing got ruined! 
  • Options
    @kissableviv “spotting after birth”. That makes me laugh. Haha. It’s definietly more like just falling out of you/ borderline murder scene. At least for the first few days/weeks. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @kissableviv Bahaha “spotting” i wish! She’s in for a surprise.
  • Options
    Hah! Spotting! It’s good she learned the truth now...

So my step dad called my mom and told her things are quite a mess and we can’t go home until he gets it cleaned up. Like they won’t let us leave until he says it’s okay. We’re a good 45 min drive from home, it’s aleady over an hour after my son’s bedtime, and it doesn’t sound like we’re gettijg home anytime soon. I’m anxious about what the heck is going on at my house and just waiting for my son to start melting down/nervous about how he’ll be for mother’s day tomorrow when he’ll be cranky from being up past his bedtime. And I just had a really painful Braxton Hicks. when it’s painful is it not BH anymore? I think I’m just over stressed. 
  • Options
    @kbernal2021 absolutely gorgeous!! Love the dress!!
  • Options
    Looks like we may be heading to a hotel tonight. I don’t understand what is going on at my house, my mom won’t tell us anything except that we can’t go home. I lost my cool and told her my 1.5 year old child is exhausted and our only option is brining him home or driving him around in the car, and at almost 8 mos pregnant that’s not the best option for me to drive around all night. I’m sure tomorrow will be ruined at this point, so much for a relaxing mother’s day, 
  • Options
    emsnedemsned member
    @zande2016 so sorry to hear you’re having such a rough night! I hope you all get to sleep as soon as it is possible and maybe sleep in tomorrow too? Good luck! 

As for my ears being in pain when I wake up, I’m thinking it’s just one more reason (along with my SPD) why I might start sleeping in the recliner from now on. Anyone else given up on sleeping on their sides in their bed? 
  • Options
    @zande2016 oh no!  that's awful! I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all this crap! 

• Options
    welp husband didn't do anything again for yet another celebration/holiday so when he asked me what I wanted to do instead of getting mad I told him I wanted a massage and pedicure. I go to the beauty academy near us so it is pretty inexpensive. Maybe this will teach him to plan next time. 

• Options
    @zande2016 that is really stressing me out for you. Why do people think keeping you in the dark will make you feel better. My brain will automatically go to “the house burned down.” I’d rather just know what’s going on, have my freak out moment, and then figure out how to fix it (or what to do next.) keep us posted! I’m really hoping it’s nothing too too bad! 

I also hope that you’re Mother’s Day is still relaxing. You deserve it, mama! 

@lindsayleigh1989 boo to your H (and your H @paytonpedro - way to ruin a good thing!) My H is going to get me a massage too. I’ve never had one before so I’m excited. I feel like I have a love hate relationship with holidays. Obviously I love getting gifts for everyone and getting gifts. DH complains about “having” to get me something every time. It makes me not want anything if it’s going to be such a chore. But then I’d be really bummed that he didn’t do anything either. I feel like it’s a lose-lose. A massage and pedicure will be really nice though! I feel like my H can’t remember if I’ve ever commented on something I’d like to have so giving him ideas is more worthwhile. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    @zande2016 so sorry to hear about your house situation. Hope you can still relax a bit tomorrow!
    @lindsayleigh1989 no plans here either. I have to run a few errands and probably go alone for once but that’s all. DH kept offering to cook a special dinner but i keep say no. Him cooking is not that special since he does most of it. Hope you enjoy your mini pampering session!