October 2018 Moms
Options

May Accomplishments

I really enjoyed this thread, so I figured I'd make a May one (since the other one hasn't had a post since April).

What have you accomplished? What are you proud of?

Re: May Accomplishments

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @sammierose464 So pretty!  I keep thinking about getting some hanging planters for our porch but I can't keep plants alive  :(
  • Options
    @KFrob that's a huge accomplishment!!  And thanks. I love having flowers around, it just makes me happy. 
  • Options
    I’m kind of jealous of all these accomplishments. I just keep adding things to the to do list and not checking any of it off.  Maybe I should just make an easier list - things that don’t involve putting up fences, fixing siding, getting on the roof or replacing bathroom fixtures... you know - reasonable pregnant lady projects.
    Sometimes, making dinner is an accomplishment! 
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2

What @sammierose464 said.  

Also- what has helped me is breaking big projects down into smaller doable projects. So, instead of “getting yard ready for summer”, I had get out hoses, rake leaves, clean out stairwell, buy plants, get out pots, plant plants.  

I still have “weed terraces” on the list.  Unfortunately that is a big project, and I just don’t wanna.  
  • Options
    My backyard garden bed looks horrible with weeds. I hate looking at it, but I know it probably wont' get weeded this summer. Which really sucks after I put so much effort into it last year. My front bed has this horrible weed that has shot up like crazy. I really need to get to it.
  • Options
    Getting packed for the weekend at the in laws! Honestly making through the weekend is going to be accomplishment!
  • Options
    I’m kind of jealous of all these accomplishments. I just keep adding things to the to do list and not checking any of it off.  Maybe I should just make an easier list - things that don’t involve putting up fences, fixing siding, getting on the roof or replacing bathroom fixtures... you know - reasonable pregnant lady projects.
    Sometimes, making dinner is an accomplishment! 
    We’ve gone out to eat every night this week because of my inability to make dinner.  :s

@knottieamusements They are actually pretty “small” already - caulk the skylight, replace the siding piece that the fence broke, buy a wooden fence post and somehow get it home with a Toyota Yaris, repair the fence... the problem is that I don’t have the vehicle to get the stuff we need, or I’m too short to do stuff without getting on a ladder (a questionable undertaking for me when my center of balance is normal), or the fence weighs 100lbs and I can’t physically get it back in place... ok, I may have exaggerated the weight, but I still can’t lift it and it’s a foot taller than I am. The only one I could do is fix the bathroom sink, but MH & his friend are going to have to take it back out to finish the bathroom remodel anyway, so that one would be wasted effort right now.

I did wash half the dirty dishes today, so I’ll count that!  Who knows, maybe I’ll get ambitious and finish the other half too :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I finally went through DS’s dresser to put away the old clothes that don’t fit him anymore so that we have room for his new clothes that do. And I put away the piles of clothes that have literally been sitting on my rocking chair in my room for at least two months! My room looks kind of barren now, but I call that an accomplishment! 
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 - I see your point and understand your frustration.  
  • Options
    @knottieamusements  yeah, I just need to make a more reasonable list and hope the neighbor doesn’t get mad about the fence not getting fixed soon.

I still have to weed too. But a cat pooped all over the front bed & random neighbor’s outdoor cat’s poop + pregnancy doesn’t sound like a risk I want to take.  Seriously considering getting some of that weed blocking fabric and just putting it over everything except the big plants and then mulching over it.  Solves the weed problem and the poop problem... I just won’t be able to plant any flowers ever again (you know, or I guess cut holes in the fabric next year when/if I get around to planting flowers).  I’m also kind of waiting to see if the cat peeing on our shrubs killed 2 of them... I kind of hate those cats (there’s a couple and I don’t know which one is responsible so I hate them all).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Laumb11Laumb11 member
    @tinattt23 I feel like everything is cleaner when DH is away! Harder to get out of the house on time but everything else is easier with him away is that bad?! 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lest12lest12 member
    We have to have some work done in our master bedroom, so we used it as an opportunity to buy some real bedroom furniture.  So, over the weekend, I cleaned out all of the old stuff, cleaned out our closets, and (with DH and my brother's help) got rid of all the old furniture.  I felt so accomplished.  And exhausted.

image        image

• Options

This past Saturday, I took the dog for a 6 mile walk, made our weekly dinner menu and grocery list, bought seeds and added dirt to my vegetable garden so I can plant this weekend. I'm excited to have a garden for a second year now!

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• Options
    I just went through like 5 hampers of clean laundry that have been piled in my bedroom for weeks...ah, feels good!
  • Options
    Picked up a growing pile of dirty laundry on our floor, did 3 loads of laundry total! Went to my appointment with DH today and scheduled the anatomy scan for next week! Adding more to the registry and slowly checking things off the list! 
  • Options
    I tackled 4 loads of laundry that have been piling up in our guest room, created our registry and picked out all of the "big" things we want. I almost bought our nursery furniture Saturday but forgot, then went to do it Sunday, and Target's 20% off sale went away... so now I'm holding out for another sale.
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    @MissBridg THIS. My house is in shambles. Packing up the kitchen and clothes in our closets tonight and moving in the morning! Good luck to you.
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    I'm just starting the crazy packing for our move mid July. We already have the guest shower full of boxes! I hate moving!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    sliztee said:
    @MissBridg THIS. My house is in shambles. Packing up the kitchen and clothes in our closets tonight and moving in the morning! Good luck to you.
    Good luck!  I am both crazy excited and dreading it.  But I know it will be over in less than a week so that's comforting.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So many of you are moving! I give you major credit. Just moving SS upstairs was enough for me. ;)
  • Options
    GL to all of you who are moving!  I’m having nightmares/flashbacks just thinking about moving after doing a cross country move followed by another move into our house a few months later last year! Couldn’t imagine doing that pregnant, so kudos to you all!