Infertility

June 2018 FET

Re: June 2018 FET

• @kristimh80 I believe it's the same for me, they want the triple lining around 12-15 and start pio for 5 days before transfer. 

Isn't it interesting how different things are from Dr to Dr. ***TW** I personally have done 2 transfers that both resulted in implantation with the protocol mentioned above so I trust it. ***END TW**

I still say trust your gut. If something feels off, it might be. Especially if you dont trust or feel comfortable with the dr doing the transfer. But if it feels right then go for it. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    History in the spoiler (child and pregnancy loss mentioned)
    IVF #1 - Jan 2015 - 25 eggs retrieved down to 4 blasts to freeze
    FET #1 - March 2015 -- BFP twin boys
    Lost one twin June 2017
    FET #2 - August 2017 -- BFP single girl
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #2 - Jan 2018 - 13 eggs retrieved down to 1 blast
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF
    FET # 4 - Unknown start date, waiting to finalize everything

• Did my first PIO shot of this cycle and it was a gusher!!  Blood all over my bedsheets.  I don’t know what happened.  My husband said there was no blood when he pulled up.  Ugh!
  • Loading the player...
  • mo777mo777 member

Hi all. New here. Had my FET day 1 ultrasound this morning. No new cysts. Just waiting now on bloodwork and the “ok” to start estro pills/patches. Transfer is scheduled for June 29th.

• @laurengon82 Ugh, I'm so sorry!! It always seems like its all or nothing with those things! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• mo777mo777 member
    Did my first PIO shot of this cycle and it was a gusher!!  Blood all over my bedsheets.  I don’t know what happened.  My husband said there was no blood when he pulled up.  Ugh!

Oh no! No tips to offer as I haven’t yet started PIO shots, but I hope it’s just a one-off. 
  • @laurengon82 I don't know how to prevent it but have had that happen at least twice in previous transfer cycles. Nurse said as long as no blood when he pulled the syringe back it's fine. Hope it doesn't happen again but be prepared with gauze or something like that as a just in case. 

AFM had a lining check and at 8 and triple layered. All is looking great just waiting for the call to see how my hormones look.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz glad everything is looking good!
    @kristimh80 yup!  I’ve had bleeding before, but not that much.
    @knottie194a0d005d856c40 welcome!

This is my third transfer with PIO and this is the most I’ve bled!  Hopefully that was just a one time thing!
  • Talked to my RE for a long time today and we came to a consensus that since my lining had looked different and much better in the past, including in my one successful FET, that we'd hold off on this one so as to not waste an embryo in a suboptimal environment. Plan is to take July off to reset, then do suppression with Vivelle patches 10 days after ovulation in August cycle (bad reaction to subQ Lupron) and hope for better lining for September FET. If this is just how my lining is now then we'll go forward with it then. Thanks everyone for your input and support, and sending so much good luck and sticky dust to all of you!
  • @chamomile-2 glad you and your re came to a decision together.  Hopefully after you reset your lining will be just right.  Good luck with your September transfer!
  • @mo777 - Welcome!  

@chamomile-2 - Sorry to hear you won't be moving forward but wishing you luck for the future.  I'm still going to answer your question on how long I was on estrogen before the lining check for another answer for you and others.  I started baby aspirin on day 1 and I was on estrogen patches for 17 days before my lining check.  My RE normally does them on day 18, but due to scheduling I was moved up a day.  I started PIO and Endometrin on Day 19 and am scheduled for transfer on Day 24 (which is tomorrow).  I did take doxycycline and Medrol for a few days starting on Day 19... not sure if this is typical as this is my first FET.  
  • @mandapanda1421 happy transfer day!
  • linxyzlinxyz member
    @mo777 Welcome!
    @mandurz yay for triple layers! My RE never told me this stuff...
    @chamomile-2 I'm sorry that you had to hold off this month. Praying that you will have optimal conditions in september! <3
    @mandapanda1421 HAPPY TRANSFER DAY!!

Updates for me:
    Beta at 16dp5dt: 2802. Progesterone: 20.2. We saw the gestational sac on wednesday(5weeks pregnant).
    Now having anxiety about miscarriage. I have occasional specks of blood(like 3-5 drops of red blood) that freaks me out. It is most likely from irritation from crinone suppositories but it's still so scary! Also my progesterone drop from last week, it was 38.5 before. The nurse and doctor assured me that its normal, progesterone fluctuates and its still within normal range. I still feel a little crazy and paranoid.
    Next sonogram is next wednesday.

TTC #1 since Nov 2015
    Me-26 Nothing Wrong DH-30, Low Morphology
    6 iuis
    IVF w/ PGS  - Feb 2018, 24 retreived, 18 mature, 11 to blast, 6 PGS normal(2 boys,4 girls)
    FET #1 - April 2018 -  BFN
    Endometrial biopsy/scratch - end of april 2018
    FET #2 - May 28th 2018, BFP girl, beta #1, 9dp5t:230, progesterone 38.5, Beta#2, 11dp5dt:630, beta #3, 16dp5dt:2802. 
  • @linxyz woo hoo! I am very happy for you. And yes it can be normal for progesterone to fluctuate. Are they going to test it again soon? My Dr said anything above I think 20/25 (I can't remember which) is perfectly fine. So I am sure you are doing good. They may change progesterone dose or add a 2nd way of getting it if it goes any further down. I had to add suppositories 3 yrs ago because pio wasn't enough to keep it in range after transfer, and that worked perfectly so I wouldn't worry.

Afm I did get the hormone call and estrogen was around 350 and they want to see it stay at or above 500 so I had to increase my shot dose, but no big. My trip in fl is going well. Today is the year mark of when I lost my son, so spent time trying not to focus on that fact and just hung out with my hubby and best friend. Honestly the day wasn't awful, which is exactly why I took this trip so I am doing ok. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• linxyzlinxyz member
    edited June 2018
    @mandurz Florida, Such a nice distraction! Enjoy your trip!

@mandapanda1421 how did the transfer go? How are you feeling? Are you on bedrest?
  • @linxyz - Transfer is complete... but it wasn't without a little drama.  The embryo didn't transfer on the first try, but it did on the second.  I guess that is why they double check the catheter.  They said it happens all the time, but when it happens in the moment it is a bit stressful.  I didn't do valium this time... but after this experience I'd probably do it in the future (hopefully for baby #2). 

I'm not on bedrest, but definitely told to take it easy... no exercise and I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs.  They even told me not to lay on my stomach... which seems extreme, but I'll listen!  
  • mo777mo777 member
    @linxyz - Transfer is complete... but it wasn't without a little drama.  The embryo didn't transfer on the first try, but it did on the second.  I guess that is why they double check the catheter.  They said it happens all the time, but when it happens in the moment it is a bit stressful.  I didn't do valium this time... but after this experience I'd probably do it in the future (hopefully for baby #2). 

I'm not on bedrest, but definitely told to take it easy... no exercise and I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10 lbs.  They even told me not to lay on my stomach... which seems extreme, but I'll listen!  
    Good luck! 
  • mo777mo777 member
    I get so nervous after every appointment - I try to not stress and remind myself that I’m doing all that I can... just want things to be progressing as they should for a favorable transfer. 

Got a call that my lining check today was ok but not as thick as my RE would like at this point. I’m at 4.8 and they want it to get to 7.5 by Friday. 

Fingers crossed that upping the estro does it. 
  • @mo777 Thanks!  and I hope everything looks good with your lining on Friday!!  What date is your transfer scheduled?  
  • @mo777 good luck, I know hearing things aren't exactly on point can make things more stressful than it already is but there is time for it to work itself out. I also had to increase my estrogen dose, not for lining but just because my level wasn't at 500 like they wanted. I have another check tomorrow morning to see if the upped dose help since fri. 

@mandapanda1421 woo hoo for getting through the transfer. Are you one to test before beta? If so how early do you test? I do and will try and wait til 9dpt. Last year I started at 7 and that was too early for me so I hope starting on day 9 will ease that stress. 

@linxyz thanks, it was a very good distraction and was nice to see my BFF. We got home about 1.5hrs ago and now just trying to get settled so I can actually get to sleep. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• mo777mo777 member
    @mo777 Thanks!  and I hope everything looks good with your lining on Friday!!  What date is your transfer scheduled?  
    As of now, the plan is to transfer on 6/29. :)
  • @laurengon82 happy transfer day!!!!!!!! GL and let us know how it goes!!!!!! 

@chamomile-2 so sorry to hear that but glad that you have a plan for moving forward. I hope that the time off and new plan works out perfectly!

@mandapanda1421 yay! When is your beta?

@mo777 when were they planning on having you start progesterone? Hope your lining gets nice and thick!  

AFM had my last monitoring today before my FET tomorrow!! Lining is triple layer and thickness is where they want to see it. So thankful that my lining is thicker than last FET and no fluid! So excited for tomorrow!! 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 Exciting!!! Happy Transfer Eve! That's awesome that your doctor checks the days before as well. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @beachbunnyxo123 glad your appointment went well!  Thank you, and  I will let you all know how my transfer goes!
  • mo777mo777 member
    @beachbunnyxo123 Good Luck! 

If my lining looks good on friday, I’ll do a pregnyl shot Saturday and start progesterone on Sunday. 
  • linxyzlinxyz member
    @mandapanda1421 sounds like she/he is a stubborn one lol. Fingers crossed!

@beachbunnyxo123 hope it goes smoothly tomorrow!

@laurengon82 Happy transfer day!
  • @laurengon82 Happy Transfer Day!!! <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• My transfer is on Thursday 6/21. Getting anxious! DH is out of town and I had to do PIO on my own =[
    History in Spoiler
    Me: 34 DH: 31
    Dx: PCOS with history of endometrial cancer (under control with hormone therapy)
    RE advised IVF as fastest way to get pregnant before hysterectomy
    IVF #1, Jan 2018: Tons of follies, only 2 eggs, zero blasts :(
    IVF #2, April 2018: 22 eggs-> 16 mature -> 9 fertilized -> 3 5-day blasts -> 2 PGS normal
    FET#1 June 2018

• @moly416 will he be back for your transfer? that’s awesome that you were able to do PIO solo. I’m short and there’s no way my arms would reach especially to pull back on the plunger to check for blood.
  • @linxyz and @kristimh80 thank you!

The transfer went well.  Now going home to bedrest.  I need to find something good to binge watch on Netflix!

• mandurzmandurz member
    edited June 2018
    @laurengon82 woo hoo! So excited to hear your beta results, when will you get that done?

@moly416 I definitely understand the nerves. I wouldn't even know where to begin with trying to give myself pio. Good luck, I hope it's easier than it seems and it goes well. 

@beachbunnyxo123 good luck today and tomorrow. 

@mo777 hope everything looks great fri.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• laurengon82laurengon82 member
    edited June 2018
    @mandurz I have my beta scheduled for Friday June 29th.  When is your transfer scheduled for?
  • @kristimh80 have you gotten your era results yet?
  • @laurengon82 Yep! Of course it came back normal! lol I go in tomorrow for a sonogram. Since they had me on BCP for a week (during AF), I don't think my body knows what it's supposed to do now.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 really?  What does the re think about that?  How many transfers have you had?  How many embryos do you have left?
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited June 2018
    @laurengon82 Haven't talked to the RE yet, hopefully I'll see her tomorrow. They offered for us to come in and talk but I didn't see any reason because nothing changed. I've had 1 transfer, this will be my 2nd and final embryo left that made it thru pgs testing.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 I hope this next transfer is it for you and you get your bfp!  Do you have a date for your next transfer?
  • My transfer is scheduled for June 27th. I actually had a monitor this morning because my estrogen wasn't at 500 on the 14th. Well today it's over 1000 and lining is at a 9. So all is good and nurse said I didn't need another monitor and am just good to go for the 27th. Will start pio fri.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @laurengon82 I go for my sono tomorrow to determine when I can start estrace. If can start tomorrow or this week...it'll be the 2nd week of July :)

@mandurz Yeah!! Excited for you!!! <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @beachbunnyxo123 yes, he'll be back the night before the transfer...i have to do it myself a couple more times though. The initial prick is the worse.
    History in Spoiler
    Me: 34 DH: 31
    Dx: PCOS with history of endometrial cancer (under control with hormone therapy)
    RE advised IVF as fastest way to get pregnant before hysterectomy
    IVF #1, Jan 2018: Tons of follies, only 2 eggs, zero blasts :(
    IVF #2, April 2018: 22 eggs-> 16 mature -> 9 fertilized -> 3 5-day blasts -> 2 PGS normal
    FET#1 June 2018

• @beachbunnyxo123 - My beta is scheduled for 6/25

@mandurz - This is my first FET and when I had my one fresh transfer in the past I didn't do a hpt.  I am a little curious about trying one this time so I can maybe do one over the weekend, but if I try 6/24 that would be 9dpt so not sure how accurate it would be.