October 2018 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Strollers

2»

Re: Product Spotlight: Strollers

• Options
    @knottieamusements I used my stroller exactly 1 time before DS could sit up in the regular one. I was team babywearing for the first few months. It worked fine for me.
  • Options
    @knottieamusements On the flip side, I indetended to mostly baby wear and rarely did. Not sure if it was me, DS, or the carriers we had, but just wasn’t our thing. So the car seat clicked into the stroller was used constantly. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Observations after walking around downtown Boston: the Uppababy is very popular here. I saw several, easily 10 or more. Mostly the Vista.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 uppababy is actually made in Mass! We're going with uppababy and our tactic has been to email the factory daily to see what's in stock as you can get models for like 25-40% off. Only catch is you have to drive there same day to pick up, but for us it's worth it. 
  • Options
    Those deals sound awesome! I'm happy with our stoller choice (Graco Trailblazer) though.
  • Options
    I’ve been stalking Toys R Us hoping the stroller I was going to get goes down in price more, but also making sure their stock doesn’t get too low and we miss out. While counting boxes today I noticed a stroller I hadn’t seen before.  Does anybody have any experience with the Chicco Urban stroller?  They only had them in boxes, so I couldn’t see how it handled and how big the wheels actually are, but I’m liking the option of changing the seat/carriage/car seat outward facing or parent facing.  That is the one feature that I wished the city mini had when my kids were younger because despite the huge canopy, when walking into the sun, the sun was shining directly on their legs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I’m happy to see so much love for the BOB joggers on here. DH really wanted one and I initially balked at the price tag. But he bought the car seat adapter so we can use it right away!
  • Options
    I wanted a BOB but DH vetoed it. We were out on Sunday and someone with a BOB passed us. DH commented how it was a nice stroller and I just laughed. I gently told him it was the BOB that I had wanted.
  • Options
    I’ve been stalking Toys R Us hoping the stroller I was going to get goes down in price more, but also making sure their stock doesn’t get too low and we miss out. While counting boxes today I noticed a stroller I hadn’t seen before.  Does anybody have any experience with the Chicco Urban stroller?  They only had them in boxes, so I couldn’t see how it handled and how big the wheels actually are, but I’m liking the option of changing the seat/carriage/car seat outward facing or parent facing.  That is the one feature that I wished the city mini had when my kids were younger because despite the huge canopy, when walking into the sun, the sun was shining directly on their legs.

I was drawn to the Chicco Urban too, but there are a lot of negative reviews online. People mention the front wheels locking for no reason. I thought being able to switch forward or rear facing would be good as well, plus I liked that the cloth part can be removed and washed. (OK, OK, I liked the idea of being about to get different colour cloth kits, too.) 

But the bad reviews scared me off and I ended up registering for one of the other Chicco models. 
  • Options
    melbo444 said:

I was drawn to the Chicco Urban too, but there are a lot of negative reviews online. People mention the front wheels locking for no reason. I thought being able to switch forward or rear facing would be good as well, plus I liked that the cloth part can be removed and washed. (OK, OK, I liked the idea of being about to get different colour cloth kits, too.) 

But the bad reviews scared me off and I ended up registering for one of the other Chicco models. 
    Wow, I'd never seen this stroller.  I'm contemplating the Chicco Bravo, but wish it would turn around.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have the chicco Bravo and Chicco car seat for DD.  We have used it many places and it has been a pretty good stroller overall. 

We plan to get the city mini GT double for this baby.  DD is 2.5 and still likes stroller rides plus I need to keep her contained as much as possible because she is a runner! I am having a hard time finding the adapter for the city mini double for chicco carrier.  It may no longer be available.  If that's the case we plan to borrow my cousins graco infant car seat.

• Options
    drb2424 said:

We have the chicco Bravo and Chicco car seat for DD.  We have used it many places and it has been a pretty good stroller overall.

Even the flipping front and back - it sounds great and all but  most of the time my kids want to be outward facing as soon as possible to take in the sights so it might end up being a non-factor in the grand scheme of it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think we are going to go with the uppababy cruz. Its a bit smaller than the vista and we are only planning on one so we won't need a double. I actually fell in love with the new minu when we went to a stroller event at our local baby store but they told me it wouldnt last a Canadian winter. If it wasn’t for winter, i would have bought it on the spot. Also, there is a huge used market for uppababy strollers so we are looking second hand. It also uses the vista bassinet which is one of the few sleep safe ones if anyone is lookong for a bassinet solution anyway.
  • Options
    @melbo444 I saw some bad reviews and some people that loved it. I know sometimes when people are mad about something not being what they thought they can exaggerate in their reviews how bad it was and some of the reviews I saw seemed angry.  If you saw a lot of bad reviews then maybe the angry people were justified, although I admit I’m a little surprised because Chicco generally has good quality products.  Thanks for your input!  We’ll probably stay with the other one, which makes MH happy because it’s cheap at TRU right now. $210 for the Chicco Viaro and KeyFit 30 travel system - the KeyFit alone is normally $199!!
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @jenchoo We bought the Vista with bassinet used for an amazing deal. Make sure you get a 2015 or younger model as they changed the design so if you want all the accessories to work or you need to replace a part it will be easier. We also are in Canada and it is really the best stoller for our winter's! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @jenchoo  I    am so mad I    sold my Cruz last year. I    really loved it and think I  will prob end up getting it again. The Vista was too big/heavy for me and the Cruz is amazing. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually love being able to parentface. If DD is being fussy, usually I can turn her to face me and she's a happy camper! She's 19 mos 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    I actually love being able to parentface. If DD is being fussy, usually I can turn her to face me and she's a happy camper! She's 19 mos 
    I feel like it would be easier when your kids want to talk to you nonstop too because stopping every 5 steps to go in front of the stroller to hear them is a pain
  • Options
    Those that have used or have the city mini have you used the one with the single front wheel and the one with the two wheels close together at the front? Any difference? 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth I like the sturdiness of the wheels for the GT (The one wheel). I haven’t used the regular one (two wheels) but I did look at it and push it around. It’s smooth but I liked the feel of the GT better and found one second hand on Facebook. We’re planning on getting the double for baby. 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth We have the regular double (with 2 wheels) and loved it, but when we tried the single in the store I wasn’t impressed.  The GT (single wheel) was much easier to handle. We had our 40lb 5 year olds get in them while we were testing them so there was some weight in it. Not sure if the regular version would be easier with less weight in it.
  • Options
    It's weird  they have three wheels styles:
    4 wheel - one at each 'corner`
    4 wheel - back two wide at 'corners', front two close together 
    3 wheel two back and one in front 
    The 4 wheel ones you ladies are talking about, are they the ones at all corners or the two close ones in the front? 
  • Options
    For anyone interested in Chicco products, Zulily is having a sale this week. I think it goes for another day or two.

We had registered for the Viaro travel system in Cranberry, which they had for about $100 off the regular price. While we were debating and discussing whether it would be cheaper to wait for our completion discount at Target or Amazon to avoid paying for shipping (Zulily charged us $25 for shipping), my phone locked. I unlocked it to look at it again and fat-thumbed the purchase button, so I guess we bought it! Fella assures me it really is a great deal.
  • Options
    I'm leaning towards the Chicco Bravo - sound simple enough but there are so many variations!

Chicco MIni Bravo
    Chicco MIni Bravo Plus
    (I've already discounted those first two because I really want a frame stroller)
    Chicco Bravo
    Chicco Bravo LE
    Chicco Bravo Air
    Chicco Bravo Primo
    There might even be more.  Holy moly!!
  • Options
    For those looking for stroller deals, Nordstrom is having their annual Anniversary sale starting the 20th to everyone, today for store card holders.

There’s Baby Jogger, Thule, Jules, Nuna, and Bugaboo at great prices and Nordstrom has amazing customer service if you need help after your purchase.

I’ll be picking up the Nuna Mixx/Pipa combo!

(I don’t work for Nordstrom, just wanted to share!)
  • Options
    @knotknotwhosthere1 woke up early this morning to shop the sale and unfortunately my stroller brand wasn't on sale :( but looks like amazing deals on the nuna!
  • Options
    It's weird  they have three wheels styles:
    4 wheel - one at each 'corner`
    4 wheel - back two wide at 'corners', front two close together 
    3 wheel two back and one in front 
    The 4 wheel ones you ladies are talking about, are they the ones at all corners or the two close ones in the front? 
    Quick overview for you -
    4 wheels with one on each corner is city select
    4 wheels with the two front close together is actually considered a 3 wheel stroller and is called city mini
    3 wheels is the city mini GT

The difference between the city mini and the city mini gt is the wheel style. The gt has the better wheels and is more expensive than the regular city mini.  

The strollers I was talking about were the city mini and the city mini gt.  I have no experience with the city select (4 wheels on the corners).
  • Options
    @nikimelon what were you hoping to find? I was hoping Uppababy would be part of the sale because I’ve been debating between it and Nuna, but I guess it made the decision easy for me!

I also picked up some nursing bras and maternity yoga pants!!
  • Options
    @knotknotwhosthere1 I'm getting the Uppababy. It's been on our wishlist for a long time so DH wasn't willing to try another brand, I knew it was a long shot but was still disappointed! We ended up getting a gift card to Nordstrom so I was hoping for double savings!

My manager though purchased the Nuna and has said nothing but great things about it!
  • Options
    Small victory: I have a summer infant 3D lite I had for dd but it’s bright pink. I have no problem using for upcoming DS, but was looking for options. Today some lady on Facebook is selling the same model in green for 30 bucks, so I’m picking it up tonight and already have two ladies interested in buying my pink One for the same price! Cost neutral, yay!
  • Options
    Ok found out more about the city mini and city mini gt!! Thank you buy buy baby!!!
    City mini - plastic tires (think big wheel) 
    Harder foot break
    Handle doesn't pivot 
    I think there was more but I was sold on the city mini gt!
    Gt - rummbwe tires 
    hand break
    Handle pivots 

• Options
    @sweetsweettooth I wouldn’t compare the city mini wheels to big wheel wheels. Big wheels kind of sucked and our city mini double is pretty good everywhere we have taken it.  Most strollers have plastic wheels.  That being said, the gt is definitely nicer than the regular, but if the price difference is an issue for anybody, the city mini is still a good stroller  :)
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    That was how the sales lady referred to explaining the plastic wheels. Lol she said the city mini was good but was just explaining the differences. Heck FTM with showers  I will register for the more expensive one and probably buy it with the registry discount.