December 2018 Moms
Options

Prenatal causing cramps?

Hello ladies! I hope everyone is doing well and not stressing over every tiny little thing! 

I've got a question that I've done some research on, but I want personal opinions from you guys. I just started a prenatal yesterday after debating on which one would give me what I need most. It seems to be that I'm lacking iron, will confirm with my doctor on this on May 7th, but the prenatal that I'm taking is an RX prenatal by PrimaCare.

Last night in bed I felt strong cramps coming on. They'd last for a little while and of course I'd get a hard stomach along with the cramps. They didn't feel like period cramps, with those I get basically a cramp that lasts all day long. These felt to me more like contractions that I experienced with my daughters birth and also with a miscarriage I had in January. There have been no loss in any pregnancy symptoms, they're all still very much there with sore breasts and nausea being in the lead. Most importantly no spotting/bleeding has started. Ladies, I'm a ball of nerves right now. Can any of you relate on the cramping feeling like contractions? Anyone have what felt like contractions early on but continued on with a healthy pregnancy? Also has anyone experienced prenatals giving you cramps? I don't recall ever dealing with cramping from my pregnancy with my daughter when I took prenatals, so I'm only hoping that's the cause. I've made the choice to wait on taking another one until I speak with my doctor. When I lived in another state there wasn't really much of a debate on which prenatals to take as my doctor prescribed me one that she felt was best for me. My doctor at my first appointment when I was 6 weeks didn't discuss prenatals. She handed me 3 different sample types in a bag when I checked out. So, I'm a bit nervous/confused/going crazy! 

If anyone can offer advice, share stories, anything...I'd greatly appreciate it. I know I'm extra paranoid due to having a couple of losses before but I thought if I got lucky enough to get pregnant again that it would be easier/less stressful instead of harder! 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Thank you so much! Pregnancy is indeed a strange thing and this one seems to be similar yet different than my first in a lot of ways. It feels like since I was pregnant the first time that I totally forgot everything about pregnancy! It's like I understand more about the changes my body goes through and when I read about certain things my brain understands why it happens, but things that I'm not used to/remember feeling before worry me! The cramping has since went away while other symptoms stay the same, so I'm going to take that as a good sign. I know some pregnancy symptoms can seem to suddenly disappear once a miscarriage begins, so I'm not going to stress. I just wondered if prenatals were causing issues for anyone else because that is the only thing I did differently yesterday. 

My stomach is a little sore today from the cramping. So I think I'm going to take it easy today and try my best to rest. Sleep deprivation has already begun for me! LOL! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    *lurking* 
    Soon to be STM and this pregnancy is WAY different than the first. Could it be that prenatals are causing digestive changes causing cramping. Iron supplements can make you constipated. My body experience certain symptoms way sooner and more intense that the first time around. My doctor also said it’s because your body knows what to do now. I want to second the importance of following up with a real medical professional if you are still worried.
    I don’t want to be a Debby Downer but having symptoms are not always signs of a progressing pregnancy. Just like a lack of symptoms doesn’t mean a miscarriage. Each pregnancy is different even for the same person.