October 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • Not Wednesday, but happened Wednesday, so close enough. Had a call with my boss, so I told him I’m pregnant. After congratulations, the next thing he said was “don’t you guys have anything better to do”. Awkward...don’t really know how you respond to that. 
  • Ummm @tinattt23 that'd be a solid HR violation here. Who says that!?!

@knottieamusements Hahah thank you for the laugh! My boss likes to protect his image too much to tweet. He's pretty protective about letting people see his insecurities, but they're clear as day to me.
  • @tinattt23 - I had an executive at a previous firm express a very similar idea to me (his was a “don’t get pregnant” comment) - three days after I was diagnosed with PCOS.  I reported that shit.  
  • @mytrueloves Haha! This is actually what I look like sometimes. And I'm also laughing out loud at you getting your hair stuck. That is legitimately something that WOULD happen to me. I'm surprised it hasn't yet.

But glad you finally got a new W/D, that's exciting! 
  • @hannaht8516 I was just wondering this the other day. Our washer is top loading that sits on a cement slab and it come up to my armpit now. I'm going to have to invest in a step ladder! Lol

@mytrueloves glad you got your new w/d! We are getting a new dryer soon and I'm so excited. It hasn't worked in a couple weeks now and hanging clothes to dry is just not feasible for a family of 6.

Also I can totally sympathize with your WTF to hormones. All I do is cry over everything. SO said I'm worse this pregnancy and hes totally right. Half the time I dont even know why I'm upset and that in turn upsets me more.
  • @hannaht8516 I'm super thankful both the new washer and dryer are front loading machines. 
    @nmadjeski Yikes! That would drive me crazy. I don't know how I'd manage that.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Ugh. I just have felt like poop all day long. I'm SO over this feeling gross all the time.
    It feels like DH is being a grouch but it's probably just me projecting my feelings onto him. He started a new job so I think he's feeling insecure about being the new guy. I have not felt up to sex for awhile now, or really even felt the desire to. That could really be contributing to the grouchy factor. 
    At least my cat likes to sit on me while I'm feeling down and out. She so crazy soft I'm sure I annoy her with all the petting. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • ashin121ashin121 member
    edited April 2018
    My wtf is that I have mastitis. I'm not nursing. I'm a STM. I'm 15w 5d pregnant and I have mastitis. Even the triage nurse said that was impossible  since " I'm not lactating and she's never heard of that happening while pregnant". I told her I did lactate 2 weeks ago and last week I pointed out to my husband that I had milk ducts lumps on my left boob like when i was nursing DS and how weird it was. So yesterday, I start to feel weak, tired, chills, nausea/vomiting . Thought I was just sick with a cold. Then I noticed my left boob was painful with three large hard lumps. My right boob is completely fine. I've been massaging them out but it hurts

Well, I searched Dr Google while waiting for obgyn to get back to me and tons of women have had mastitis while pregnant. It's possible. He calls back and wants to see me soon and tells me it's possible but he hasn't had anyone have it yet (he's out of residency 3 years now). He said it sounded like it and gave me recs but I was already doing all of it.. So ... Yay me. 

• @ashin121 - That sucks. I hope it resolves quickly.  
  • @ashin121 Ugh! That’s awful! Feel better soon!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @sliztee Lol! She really has the annoyed royalty attitude down pat! You should see the look on her face when she deems its enough. She's so fluffy a person can't help just smooshing her face a bit! My 3 y.o. DD does it to her majesty too :lol:
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • sarahzett said:
    Wtf to how I got stuck in my shirt a few days ago lmfao. It had a tie around the waist and somehow when I pulled it to untie it, it got stuck in a knot and the more I tried to undo it, the tighter it got. I tried sticking a pen in there to loosen it and other small, thin objects. I probably looked like I was fighting a ghost. After 20+ minutes (and working up a legit sweat lol), I called DH. Luckily he was on his way home and he HAD TO USE PLIERS TO GET MY SHIRT OFF. I was cry-laughing it was so ridiculous. That's never happened before ever. What is my life lol
    Hahahaha, my husband has used pliers to remove my earrings before, but never a shirt!
  • @sarahzett I got stuck in a jacket once. It had a double zippper that zipped from the top and bottom. Somehow they got stuck together in the middle. I tried pulling it over my head, but it had no stretch. I was in college at the time and had to wait for my roommate to get back from class to rescue me.  :D
  • @sarahzett I have these workout pants that fall down my butt when I run/squat, so I end up tying a knot/loop thing in them to keep the waist band up. Well, half the time, I end up pulling the wrong loop, and instead of freeing the knot, it just ties it into a tighter knot with no loop. I have to use tweezers to pry open the knot and it takes me like 10 minutes to get out of my pants. I feel your struggle!
  • WFT? I peed and flushed the toilet and it freaking overflowed.  My 5 year old pooped before I went in there and everything went down, but apparently it got stuck at some point because nothing went down when I flushed.... just how I wanted to start my day - standing in a puddle of my own urine trying to plunge a toilet that spills every time I move the plunger.  Ugh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic