October 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

I don’t know who normally starts this one (so sorry for stealing your thunder), but I didn’t see one yet and selfishly want to vent. What’s got you all saying WTF today??

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    @pumpkinpancake I'm laughing because honestly who doesn't wipe their ass?!?! But that's disgusting...

My wtf is that I'm still sick and called out of work for the second full day in a row.. and I'm so frustrated about it...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake - I think that this and a couple other of the weekly ranty threads are started by whoever has the biggest thing to vent.  

And seriously- wtf to flushing. Eww.  Eww.  Eww.  
  • Options
    Wtf to the person who brought their sick kid to the birthday party on Saturday. It's slowly starting to work it's way through my family and we seriously JUST got better from the last sickness. I'm going to flip out. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake Anybody walking around the office scratching their ass all day?  How does one not use any tp after that? Doesn’t it get itchy? And their clothes... ewww.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ew. Ew. Ew. Who doesn't wipe??? That's just weird...
    My day has been in the dumps all day. I had to help my 7 and 6 year old to get dressed this morning. It shouldn't be that big of a deal especially since we've been doing this getting-ready-for-school thing for MONTHS. Thankfully, they weren't late for school, but seriously, we should be good at this by now. I was trying to get their lunches packed and myself dressed, breakfast for them and lil sister.
    The house is an absolute disaster and these last two days I've felt all gross again. I have a sink overflowing with dishes that stink and I'm as unenthused as mud. 
    I did get a good nap in, so I have that going for me. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    Oh and I had my cashier at our local grocery store tell me to smile... Like, seriously lady? Just ring my stuff up please. It wasn't like I was scowling, just not showing off my pearly whites. :neutral:
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    @coffee-saur I HATE that! I have a classic RBF. Yes, I know I look good when I smile, but I just don't go around grinning like a loon.
  • Options
    WTF?

I mentioned to a friend who likes to visit from out of town that I can’t play hostess all weekend because I need to do yard work.  And first he’s like “oh, you are totally nesting.”  No, dude, it is spring, and I always set aside a few days for spring yard clean-up and weeding.  

And then he’s like “are you going to be able to safely tackle your yard work?”  (That is a quote.). No, I’m going to put my health and my baby’s health at risk by dragging around 60lb bags of mulch.  

Dude. Back. Off.  

I sent that to him a bit more politely, and hopefully in a humorous manner so he knows that I’m not brushing off his question, simply refusing to allow him that level of privilege in my life.  However, I am still pissed.  We don’t know each other well enough for him to invade my space like that.  (And frankly, if he lived in town, we would never know each other that well, because I have a seriously limited tolerance for that shit even when I am not pregnant.)
  • Options
    @coffee-saur - I’ve started just glaring at people like that.  I don’t have time to lecture everyone that does that to me that if you want to encourage someone to smile, you make eye contact and smile yourself.  Otherwise, you just irritate me.  
  • Options
    WTF to my skin..... it had finally calmed down and stopped breaking out until2 days ago when it turned into another zitty teenage hot mess. I’m so sick of it. Pregnancy glow MY ASS. 

Speaking of ASS .... +1 to WTF non-wiping poop bandit. That’s disgusting 
  • Options
    Ugh, I don't know what's worse, strangers telling you to smile or swamp ass mystery turd coworkers. 

Wtf second trimester....I still feel like garbage. No more nausea but headaches instead and a continuation of debilitating exhaustion. Where's my splendid little burst of energy?
  • Options
    @jemmerjams that sounds like someone with a legit mental disorder. Especially throwing in the notes. So weird. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Second to still feeling like crap. At first I was like ok, I’ll trade the nausea for headaches (since not terrible) but now I just have both.. when do I get to trade it in for the mythical pregnancy “glow”
  • Options
    WTF the roof is leaking.... again, but in a different spot.  PSA - if you are thinking about getting skylights, don’t. 
  • Options
    Re wtf pooper - the only thing I could think of is the toilet paper was behind the poop, so the flush took the TP. OR the person used wipes and didn't want to clog the toilet, so threw them out. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    Wtf to the guy that ran a stop sign earlier and I had to swerve.. in the rain...to avoid t boning him. Then he waves at me like he didn't just cut me off and almost cause an accident!

WTF to the popper. I can't imagine someone not wiping! I'm seriously hoping @hellopartyof5 is right! 
  • Options
    Glad you and the babe are safe!! 

I seriously don't want to think they didn't wipe let alone flush (because ick!) So I'm going with the poop was a floater and didn't get sucked down with the toilet paper. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    You guys crack me up.  

Also - WTF my pregnant body.  Yes, I can fold three loads of laundry, carry them upstairs and put them away. Well... normally.  They are sitting on my hope chest mocking me right now.  I’ll put them away tomorrow.  Or next week sometime...
  • Options
    Re: my WTF... I was trying to think of scenarios where this person may have used toilet paper but it somehow just didn’t end up in the (clearly non-flushed) toilet, and I’m seriously at a loss. Like maybe they threw their toilet paper in the little trash thing for tampons and pads, but seriously, that wouldn’t make it any better.... I honestly just can’t comprehend this one, and fear that I’m working with a monster hiding among us...
    In some countries they don't flush TP, they put it in the trash can. However, we don't live in a country where our plumbing is that bad (in most places). It was really weird for me in Peru and Costa Rica.
  • Options
    Wtf terrible two's!!! My kid has meltdowns about everything these days. Today it was taking his socks off...full on meltdown. And having to put shoes on to go to swimming lessons.

Usually I can stay pretty composed but pregnancy has me moody and zero patience all around. Ugh...toddlers.
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Carrying a laundry basket actually become one of the few tasks I could not do the last couple months with DS. It was super awkward. Like my arms could barely reach around my stomach and I could rest any of the basket weight on my body. I’d just kick it across the floor. 
  • Options
    I'm really sorry @purplegoldfish2. Some people just don't get it.
  • Options
    Re: the poop incident. I used to live with someone who had digestive issues, so when they finally managed to go, it was so big that the toilet would flush the tp but couldn't handle the waste. 

Point being, I can see how it would seem like someone didn't wipe and didn't flush but they actually did.

But I'm still sorry for giving y'all that visual.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    @tinattt23 - I wasn’t even trying to carry my laundry basket!  Umm... it still has a load of laundry from two weeks ago that I have folded but not put away in it...  

But yeah, I can totally see that being a problem here in a month or three.  I’m trying to get back into my routine, in part so my loads are smaller.  
  • Options
    WTF DH who opened the windows yesterday and didn’t turn off the heat, so I woke up to a sauna in my bedroom. Hopefully our bill won’t be crazy high now.

Also, WTF nose bleeds. I’m not sick anymore, you can stop, I don’t want a repeat of last pregnancy.

RE pooper: Ew who does that?! I always stand guard and make sure it all goes down so the next person doesn’t have to deal.
  • Options
    @tinattt23 uuhhhhh I kick my laundry basket across the floor on the reg anyway...
  • Options
    Thanks @sammierose464. He doesn’t know about the losses because he wouldn’t have been supportive, but still, who says that? 
  • Options
    Dh was grumpy about something that got moved (months ago) but he just noticed it now. Woke pregnant lady up and now she is tired and grumpy for many reasons. 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @norahkate this made me giggle so much
  • Options
    I know its not Wednesday but WTF self. For the second time this week I have screwed myself by not putting lids on things all the way. I then go on to pick up said thing by the lid and BAM its all over me now. This time its at work with orange juice. Last time it was with DD antibiotics and we had to call in more. Get your shit together me!
  • Options
    @knottieamusements those things annoyed me so much when I was pregnant last time.  By nature, I like my house to be clean and organized.  If it's not it just bugs me.  So when people kept saying "oh, you're nesting" every time I wanted my house clean it would irritate me.  Also, when people think just because you are pregnant you can't so much as lift a paperweight.  As long as I'm not high risk I can do most of the things I could do prior to being pregnant (with some exceptions).  Women don't turn into this crazy delicate flower just because we are growing a baby. 
  • Options
    @ninji15; my husband does that all. the. time. He doesn't have the excuse of mommy brain though lol 
  • Options
    @arome2311 - Exactly!

I’m finding that I have new limits to what I am able to do- but I don’t need someone standing over my shoulder trying to tell me what those limits are.  (Honestly, I’m struggling enough with having to accept those limits without people reminding me that they are there.)
  • Options
    @arome2311 Yes, the delicate flower thing was so annoying last time. Let me live my life. If I need help, I’ll ask. 
  • Options
    Pre-pregnancy I would go on "cleaning binges" where I would just clean like crazy for a few hours. DH would call it my "crazy cleaning mode" which I hated, because he assumed I was upset. No, it's just that every so often you need to actually clean all the dust bunnies under our couch (especially with hardwood and 2 pets!). I'm itching to clean under the couches and DH just laughs at me. I hate that I can't do as much...