December 2018 Moms

Randoms - Week of 4.23

2»

Re: Randoms - Week of 4.23

• hkomhkom member
    Well this is random. If I make goat cheese out of pasteurized goat milk, that means the cheese is safe right?

What’s the concern with raw soft cheese anyway?
    I've been following the "if it says pasteurized anywhere on the package, it's safe" method.  

I think the concern is listeria in unpasteurized milk.  Unless you're buying it straight from the farmer or some kind of rare cheese in a specialty shop or fancy restaurant, pretty much everything is pasteurized. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• TGIF! Another day closer to my appointment on Tuesday! I’m hoping once i see my doc it will start to feel more real. I’ve been really tired and crabby AF otherwise luckily no symptoms so it hasn’t really sunk in yet. 

Were in in the middle of an 8 hour drive to Nebraska right now where I get to try and pretend to drink and not give anything away while hanging out with my whole dads side of the family. Wish me luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • @hkom the problem is I’d like to buy raw milk and make the cheese myself so... I mean I can use pasteurized milk. Probably. And I think that would make safe cheese? Idk, and idk where to look, and my OB is gonna tell me to gtfo with my nonsense and that all soft cheese is bad because she’s so cautious. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @rosebud332 I definitely don’t need to see anything that makes the newborn period any worse than I already remember.  I get upset seeing the previews of Tully.  There is no way I’m watching that movie.
  • hkomhkom member
    @runrinserepeat I think if you used pasteurized milk it would be fine!  From what I can tell, milk is generally pasteurized and then the cheese is made and not the other way around.  Right?  Isn't that how it works?! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am going camping this weekend with my husbands friend and  his friends family.  I said yes before I found out I was pregnant and now I really wish I had asked him to cancel.  Nothing sounds worse right now than totally sober camping in a tent with a toddler, suffering with nausea and enduring public bathrooms.  I’m trying to stay positive but we are still on the road so we have to set up in the dark.  I’m already tired and fantasizing about my amazing king bed and Netflix at home.
  • @married_to_a_muggle Exactly! I feel like I have honestly blocked a lot of the newborn period out of my mind, due to my PPA/PPD and other horrible experiences. Don't need to relive the downsides! Hoping this time goes better (but prepared for another rough ride just in case.)
  • @runrinserepeat if the milk is pasteurized it should be fine.  Unpasteurized cheese is more likely to have bacteria so the big concern with it is listeria.   
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • I’m not looking forward to the newborn stage either, the snuggles are great, but everything else we can skip. 
  • I drink raw milk and eat unpasteurized cheese. I trust my and know my farmers, see everything going on with the cows/goats.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't mind newborn stage!!!! Maybe I just blocked out the bad parts
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Oh but did you guys read the spoilers to Tully that everyone is so upset about?
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon yeah, and I'm okay with skipping it (not that I'm a huge movie watcher anyway, but whatever). 

I'm not super excited about a movie about the real struggles of new motherhood where the female characters are super concerned about dad's sexual needs, and I'm definitely definitely not excited about a a tragedy about a really common mental illness being dressed up like a dramedy with an "edgy" plot twist. Get back to me in a couple decades when mental illness actually gets taken seriously and postpartum care is prioritized in real life and I might be more interested.
  • @PensiveCrayon I haven’t heard about the twist but I don’t think it’s sonething I want to see based on previews.

+1 To thinking the newborn stage is rough and not really looking forward to feeling like I may never sleep again. It makes me nervous thinking about it and that show definitely added to that feeling.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Why do kids’ movies have to have words like shut up and stupid in them? Of course “shut up” is the phrase from Toy Story that my 2 year old latched onto. He doesn’t even know what it means, but repeats it if he does not have pur undivided attention.He heard it again this morning in Secret Life of Pets. So now we have to keep talking about it.. Urrg....
  • @katy0990 I feel the same way. I never thought I would be this way, but I feel a lot more sensitive about stuff like that since having a kid. We were watching that movie zootopia together and they must have said die or dead like 50 times in the first 5 minutes. I don’t know why it bothered me so much but I turned it off! Lol
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @rosebud332 It’s just annoying that they are kids’ movies so you would think they would leave words and phrases that parents don’t want their kids to hear or repeat out!
  • I've never seen the whole thing but I was driving with a girlfriend to Nashville and we had our two sons in the car and she put that movie on and at one point it talked about a suicide pact. That really threw me off.
  • I feel like it’s hard being due right at the end of the month.  It feels like I’m so far behind everyone else.  I’m just barely 5 weeks and I feel oddly jealous of everyone who are already 8 weeks.  I’m not a person who enjoys being pregnant and I feel like, once I get that BFP, Time totally starts to drag.  I feel like it’s worse in the beginning being the first tri is definitely hardest for me both physically and emotionally.
  • @married_to_a_muggle I am due December 2nd, but with my son I was due July 25th, so I absolutely feel where you're coming from. Once we get a little but further in, it will feel like we're all on the same playing field!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @married_to_a_muggle I’m right there with you. I’m due December 31st and feel so far behind everyone.
  • Totally get the struggle @married_to_a_muggle. That was me in my last BMB, plus I was almost two weeks overdue so I had the actual baby of the group. But stay anyway!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @married_to_a_muggle that was me last time around.  I was due 5/27 and was overdue 10 days.  I was the last of my BMB to give birth so we call my daughter the caboose! It was slightly annoying when everyone was in the newborn stage and I was still pregnant, but it is nice now because I usually get to see who goes through sleep issues, or developmental things to look forward to.
  • @married_to_a_muggle I feel the same exact way.  I am due Dec. 27th and feel sooo far behind!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In my last bmb I had the opposite problem. I was due 7/1/16 but had my son 6/5/2016 so he was the second baby of the group and it took what felt like forever for everyone else to have their damn babies. 
  • whaatwhaat member
    @married_to_a_muggle I know! Last time I was one of the earliest due dates so this isvweird for me.