December 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms - Week of 4.23

Stupid autocorrect thought I wanted to make a post about Fandoms, and then Ransoms! LOL

What’s going on this week?
Me: 32 DH: 33
Type 1 Diabetic
DS: Born 2/18/17
TTC #2: Jan. 2018 BFP: 3/27/18 EDD: 12/6/18

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Randoms - Week of 4.23

• Options
    omg you guys! It's finally spring here (western Ny). It was in the 60s all weekend and today is almost 70! I am loving it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @morgantu I am in upstate ny and it is wonderful how nice out it is!
  • Options
    It is crazy how much less stressed I feel when I can actually get some great air. Everyone seems less cranky!
  • Options
    @morgantu I'm in WNY too and can't believe how gorgeous it is outside! I just went for a really nice walk and it made me so happy! Lovin' the sunshine!!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Congrats on your LO starting to walk @mittenlove86! Such an exciting parenthood moment for sure!

I live in eastern WA and it’s finally feeling like spring here too. Although we had a bit of snow last week, so who knows if it’ll last! 
  • Options
    Yaaaaaay @mittenlove86! Tell him to give some lessons to my son ;) We just started PT and he has a very weak core, so we're working on it. He'll stand without support for a second or two, but only if he doesn't realize he's doing it, ha.

I've been seriously fading every afternoon. I stuffed my kid in his crib at 2:30 and collapsed on the bed for the most glorious half-hour nap in the world. Phew.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Spring finally decided to show up here in western MI too! Not holding my breath, but enjoying it while it's here. 

Diffent note: we ended up telling our closest friends (married couple) that we are expecting this weekend. We didn't plan to, but we went out to dinner (and I didn't order alcohol) and used my migraine as an excuse. Afterwards everyone wanted to go to a local brewery, where it took me 15 minutes to dance around "picking something to drink" and "my migraine just won't stop". When they say "maybe the beer will help, just pick something already" I ended up having to spill the beans. They just had their second baby not too long ago, so she's finally back in the drinking game, and was super suspecting when I wouldn't join her.. whoops. 
  • Options
    I've been SO busy last week and today at work because we've been short staffed.  Is it bad that I'm ready for everyone to be back so I can bump at work tomorrow?   :D  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited April 2018
    +1 for it finally feeling like Spring!! Woo!!

Minor vent ahead: so my BIL (24) married this lady (34). She has two kids (16 and 7). When they started dating, he said that they agreed she'd get a reversal done (tubes tied) and have a kid so he could have one of his own. Well DH and I just found out from MIL that now SIL is saying she doesn't want another kid. And she told BIL he couldn't adopt her youngest because then she wouldn't get child support anymore. I wasn't too thrilled with the marriage to begin with, but now I'm just pissed off for BIL. And now, DH and I are going to feel like jerks telling everyone we're expecting. 

ETA I should have probably put this in Monday Bitchfest, but I don't feel like moving it now, lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @bkcl629 I am in west MI too!
    Me: 32 DH: 33
    Type 1 Diabetic
    DS: Born 2/18/17
    TTC #2: Jan. 2018 BFP: 3/27/18 EDD: 12/6/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mittenlove86 I was wondering if the "mitten" was for Michigan! 
  • Options
    Omg what a long day. My six year old is soooo tired, and there is no talking any sense into her. She’s not going to finish her homework and I give zero fucks. She can explain to her teacher why she didn’t do it. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @mittenlove86 oh congrats! DS didn’t walk on his own until 14 months too. Which was strange to us becuse he was walking by holding on to furniture or with those push toys. 
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    @CecilB93 She sounds very selfish. How awful for your BIL.

@mittenlove86 Congratulations! They are even more fun once they can run!
  • Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited April 2018
    I am headed to Kentucky tomorrow for the rest of this week to chaperone a high school trip. I occasionally chaperone field trips for the school where I used to work.  It's normally a nice, easy gig, but I am dreading doing it nauseous and exhausted.  I also still haven't gotten my zika results (ugh!) or had an US, so I don't know how things are going and I'm anxious.  I am hoping the time goes quickly.  But I also have a paper to write for Monday, so not too quickly.   My first US is Tuesday and hopefully I'll have the Zika results by then.  If everything goes well, life will improve significantly on May 2!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @kadeephd I live in Kentucky!  Where are you going?? 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @CecilB93 Yikes that is not a good situation.  I really wish people were upfront about their desire (or lack of desire) for kids.  My ex and I broke up because he didn't want any which was tough... but at least he told me so I could move on.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hkom Louisville for some kind of robotics championship competition!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is anyone else obsessed with what the new prince’s name will be? I’m going to be a little sad if it’s Arthur - I’ve loved that name forever now and I don’t want people thinking I picked it (if we have a boy) just because Kate Middleton picked it. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    kadeephd said:
    @hkom Louisville for some kind of robotics championship competition!
    Oooh fun! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @CecilB93 Ugh that is a really shitty situation and she sounds like a real peach. 

No real randoms for me today, except sorry I haven't been around much, this exhaustion and nausea is kicking my ass. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @mittenlove86 congratulations! That’s really exciting.

I’m in Michigan too, but I’m eastern MI.  Hoping the warmer weather sticks! *crosses fingers*  I’m so ready for winter to be over.

• Options
    I went to Cheesecake Factory last night for my niece's birthday and I've been eating really well lately, so I figured I'd splurge and eat exactly what I wanted. I had brown bread, 3 buffalo blasts, and 1/3 of a red velvet cheesecake.  Well, apparently the babies hated it because it made me so nauseated. I threw up in my mouth once and my stomach hated me all night long.  I guess the babies like healthy food. NOTED!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mckcak23 Wow that sounds like a living nightmare. So glad you were able to get reimbursed for it!
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    @mckcak23 That's so terrible! And how disappointing! I don't take disappointment like that well, lol!  So glad y'all played it safe with the trip insurance! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @runrinserepeat no! They went with Louis Arthur Charles! Louis has been our other boys name since BB1. Now everyone will think we’re being trendy.  :|
  • Options
    Did anyone watch The Letdown on Netflix? It’s about new motherhood and I thought it would make me cry but mostly it just made me terrified of having another kid.  :#
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @rosebud332 I saw the preview and her blank stare while nursing at the end was SO REAL. But yeah, I want to watch it but am sort of afraid at the same time. I think I’ve idealized the newborn period. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon It was good but definitely portrays all the bad parts of having a newborn.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @rosebud332 I saw the first ep and got a bit terrified. The worst part is that it was my husband´s suggestion to watch it together cause he thought It would be fun... errr... . fail  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    ugh I thought about watching it but I already don't want to deal with a newborn.  Maybe this is an UO but newborns are NOT FOR ME.  Like I love them because they're mine but.. ugh.  My son got a lot more awesome starting around 7 months and it's just been uphill from there.  Even his toddler bullshit is SO MUCH better than having a newborn who doesn't sleep and won't let me put him down.  
    I mean.. it's gonna be great!
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    also I'm dead @ all the mirena ads on the bump. too late!
  • Options
    Well this is random. If I make goat cheese out of pasteurized goat milk, that means the cheese is safe right?

What’s the concern with raw soft cheese anyway?
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga