December 2018 Moms
Options

Announcement Ideas?

im trying to come up with some fun ideas to announce to grandparents. We plan on having them all over at the same time. The only thing I can come up with is having our son write out each verse of the following poem on a notecard for each set of grandparent that they will read aloud and then having him say the last verse 

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Christmas this year is about to be EXTRA sweet,
Cause our family is growing by two little feet!

I don’t know. It seems corny. What have ya’ll thought of for telling close family? Nobody sees this baby coming. Our son is 5 1/2 and I think everyone thinks we are (were) done!!

We are due Christmas Day, so I want to incorporate that somehow.

Re: Announcement Ideas?

• Options
    We are planning to tell our families on Mother's Day (it's also my Dad's birthday).  For my family, its the first grandchild/niece/nephew so we are planning to give my parents and each of my sisters a little box that has a raspberry inside and a note that says "your first grandchild or niece/nephew is now the size of a raspberry."  (I'll be 8 weeks at that point).
    For my husband's family, it's the second grandchild.  So we are thinking we will have a big box and tell them it's a family gift we picked up on our honeymoon but had to ship home because it's fragile.  When they open it, baby balloons will come out.

I love surprising people, so I'm really looking forward to it.

For facebook/instagram, we will probably do something with our dog saying he's going to be a big brother.
  • Options
    This thread has been closed to new posts as it was accidentally posted multiple times. To reply to this post, please visit the active thread on this board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"