October 2018 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Baby Carriers

Re: Product Spotlight: Baby Carriers

• Options
    I know a lot of people make their own ring slings since they aren't difficult. I bet the Etsy one is fine as long as you read reviews!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i agree with @DunkinDecaf on the ring sling for nursing. My littles lived in that and a knit wrap the first six months at least. If you live somewhere warmer, the solly baby wrap is a little pricey but seriously awesome. it is a knit fabric that is somehow really light and yet holds up really well without too much stretch. (also, @ummibtihaj they carry two sizes, so extra length for those that want/need it)
  • Options
    I have a sling ring (hate), a woven wrap (love for cold weather season), a Tula (love for short periods of time because I have the same problem that @tinattt23 has and it hurts my hips) and a Lenny Lamb onbuhimo (favorite!!). I'm thinking about getting a onbu in a toddler size, do you have any advise on brands?
  • Options
    @iostodopoderoso
    I havent tried them but I know Sakura Bloom has one but only up to 35lbs.. then I found this one which is up to 40lbs
    https://soulslings.com/us/shop/onbuhimo.html

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @mytrueloves That picture is so sweet!  
  • Options
    Thank you! They're beautiful!!
  • Options
    dont have a baby carrying group within 2-3 hours of me grrr 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth do you have any friends with kids? Maybe you can borrow a carrier from them to try out. I’d also ask at Target or any baby store to see if they’d let you try it out. 
  • Options
    No friends with kids. I will check the stores out! :) thanks! 
  • Options
    @KFrob Thank you! It's one of my favorite pictures of us.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    FTM here so clueless about babywearing. How versatile are the carriers for sharing with your partner/husband if they are bigger than you? DH wants to baby wear too and I'm wondering if certain carriers are easier to use by both of us or if we're going to need different sizing. For reference, I'm 5'5" and DH is 6'2". We're not super different in the waist department (I caught him accidentally wearing a pair of my soccer shorts one day) so hopefully this will make things easier?
  • Options
    @jellybelly114 Most slings and wraps only come in one size, so sharing is no issue. Buckle carries can also be shared, but are a little more annoying to have to readjust a million straps if you’re frequently switching back and forth. K’tan is the only one I know of that comes in specific sizes and couldn’t be shared (unless you happen to be the same size). 
  • Options
    drurosedrurose member
    Lillebaby is having a sale on purple carriers for mother's day... I'm strongly considering getting one even though it's just going to sit in a closet for a few months
  • Options
    @drurose I got my Lillebaby a few months before DS2 was born. I ended up getting a carrier that was originally $170 for $85. I haven't looked at the Mother's Day sale but if the carriers are 40%+ off I would buy it. 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    drurosedrurose member
    It's 30%, but I'm happy with that. I got one I love!
  • Options
    Laumb11Laumb11 member
    @drurose a shop was having an earth day sale on lillebaby so i bought one! It’s in my closet, with the other 3 carriers I’ve bought

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to those that replied to me but I never commented back.  I read the forum mostly on my phone and for some reason can't see the notifications.  Thank you for the recommendations for carriers for plus size people.  I'll check out their websites!
  • Options
    Lillebaby has been doing their color sale for a while, but they finally have a sitewide sale going on now! 30% off everything with the code SUMMER30. Ends 5/31. 
    So excited to finally order my Airflow Complete!
  • Options
    I havent checked it it out but that’s a good deal!

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ohh! I really want a Lillebaby. But I won a free Tula so I feel like unless someone buys the one on my registry I can't justify buying one myself.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 love tulas :)

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Any thoughts on baby K’tan vs. Moby for around the house, breastfeeding, and maybe brief fall walks in the neighbourhood? We already purchased an ergo 360 mesh new for when baby is bigger but I was thinking of getting a wrap style used since they’re washable and readily available on marketplace. I’m a first time mom so I’m nervous about all the ties and wrapping which is why I’m leaning towards the k’tan.
  • Options
    @jenchoo both work okay. But stop being supportive when baby hits around 15-17lbs. And if you get a K’tan make sure you get the right size. If they are too big they aren’t safe, and too small you can’t get baby in (or if you can they’re too high and squished). Check if there is a local babywearing group in your city (google your city name + babywearing) and they likely have meetings where you can try different carriers and wraps to see what works for you, even before baby is here. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jenchoo I got the k'tan for precisely that reason and I loved it. They say it's your normal t shirt size, but if you can, go try them on. I just tried them on in a buy buy baby and that worked fine. I can't speak tp the moby, but there are great things about that as well. 
  • Options
    LÍLLÉbaby all season or the airflow? 
    I’m unsure on which carrier to get, I live in coastal GA and it’s hot all the time especially the summer. 
  • Options
    @alexa_94 I live in VA and I have Lillebaby embossed. I love it and never get hot. I would probably get the airflow since it's hot most of the year in GA.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    @alexa_94 I'm in Atlanta and I got the Airflow. I used a regular Ergo 360 with DD and we would both be sweating by the end of a hike. I haven't tried the Lillebaby Complete but would assume it would be similar.
  • Options
    I used a moby stretchy and it was okay. I recommend buying used if you can, I didn’t get much use out of mine.
  • Options
    Hey, guys!

If anyone was interested in LILLEbaby carriers, Amazon has 35% off for Prime members for a limited time! Here's the link.
  • Options
    rabtaido1214rabtaido1214 member
    edited July 2018
    How many months of use do you usually get our of a baby carrier before they outgrow it?
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 it depends on which one you have. A Tula free to grow fits an infant, and I can squeeze my 3.5 year old in there too. Ring slings are similarly versatile.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tlmilltlmill member
    @rabtaido1214 we used our Tula with DS until just after he turned 2. We used the same one with DD as well until she was 3-ish. 

With our ring sling, I really just liked it for the newborn phase, before they were big enough for the Tula (we got ours before the Free to Grow was released and I had no interest in buying an insert). 

I used my Moby wrap and K’Tan for about 5 minutes with DS before I realized I hated them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @slitzee just took advantage of the Amazon deal! Super excited!
  • Options
    I did today, too @cagncoo12!!!
  • Options
    I have so many carriers I got used and I am a FTM. Lol I would love to baby carry and because that is what I want (and havw 6-7 carriers) I have a feeling kid will have different plans. Excited I finally found a ring sling and I got it for $1 at a rummage sale where everything (almost) was $1!!
  • Options
    I know there’s regulations on wraps and all but have any of you made your own?