November 2018 Moms
Options

Appointments and Updates 4/15-4/21

Another week of our little ones growing! 

When is your appointment?

How far along will you be?

What is being addressed?

Questions/Comments/Concerns:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Appointments and Updates 4/15-4/21

• Options
    When is your appointment?  Monday, 4/16 at 930

How far along will you be? 7w5d

What is being addressed?  Confirming growth

Questions/Comments/Concerns: My anxiety is through the roof. We haven’t had an ultrasound since we saw the yolk sac so we should be seeing the heartbeat. My symptoms have been off and on so it’s not helping me stay calm. I go back and forth between thinking it’s over and feeling confident.
  • Options
    I'm going to have an elective ultrasound today and I have an OB appointment on Wednesday 

9 weeks today, 9+3 on Wednesday

What is being addressed?
    Elective ultrasound today to see lo and get a heartbeat recording stuffed animal to give to my mom when she comes to town at the end of the week.
    Wednesday will be my first "official" OB appointment with the doctor I settled on, even though it will be the 3rd time I've met with her. I assume I'll have to give some blood. I wonder if she will try to use a doppler.

*TW* I'm actually pretty anxious about going to the ultrasound today after the multiple losses this week. I had a lot of anxiety last night because I had been symptom free for a few days. Morning sickness was back with a vengeance this morning, though. I've never been so thankful to feel so awful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 I'm sorry you have been having anxiety! It actually makes me feel a little better to see that someone is feeling the same way I am, though! Hoping time flies and you have a great appointment tomorrow!
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy its reassuring to hear you’ve been symptom free for a few days, but it’s back today. I can’t help but think the worst when that happens. I’m trying to keep busy to help keep my mind off of it, but I’m sure you know that’s next to impossible. The losses this week have set me off as well. Hoping your appt goes well on Wednesday! 
  • Options
    Thursday, can’t come soon enough! 

11+1

What is being addressed?
    This is my first time meeting with the doctor so I’m assuming it’ll be a general intake appointment, family history, pap, etc. There won’t be an ultrasound but she will use the Doppler to find the heartbeat. 

Just the general anxiety leading up to the appointment wanting to know everything is okay and babe is growing healthy in there! 

One question: I wasn’t sure if my husband should come with me to this, or if he should stick to just the ultrasounds? I told him I think I want him there just in case anything goes wrong, but on the other hand he really doesn’t need to see me getting a Pap smear and all those other lovely pregnant woman things. Thoughts or experiences? 

• Options
    @firsttimespartanmom my husband comes to every appt. He’s able to with his work and I like having him there because of our history. He steps out when he needs/wants to. 
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom my DH wasn't able to come to appointments with DS, so this time around he has gone to 3 already. He had questions that he wanted to ask the doctor himself and he appreciated hearing everything during the appointment. That being said, he's not going to go to ALL appointments but I liked having his around so early this time.
  • Options
    @firsttimespartanmom DH came to one or two of the first non-u/s appts last time before realizing they’re mostly pretty boring and routine and it was just easier to go alone and not have him take time off work. This time, just the u/s. I get if it’s the first couple of visits esp in the first pregnancy wanting to have someone with you though. 

• Options
    Mon 4/16 at 12:30 (finally found a new doctor)
    10w6d
    What is being addressed?
    First appointment with new doctor. Arrangements for blood tests.
    Questions/Comments/Concerns: Because we had a scare at six weeks, we've already had an ultrasound where we saw the flicker of the HB. But, it's been over 4 weeks since then, and I've had some intermittent spotting, which was really just sometimes pink/brownish/rarely red dots on when I wipe. I hope that they can do another  ultrasound right away. TMI warning. Also, I'm scared to death to have sex with my husband because of this spotting. Incidentally, I met with my last OB the week before I found out I was pregnant. I told him that it hurt to have sex and that's probably why we were having trouble conceiving. He told me that sex was just going to hurt because of my PCOS. I'm going to ask my new (female) OB about that.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! 
  • Options

Wednesday (4/18)

Exactly 8 weeks!

What is being addressed?

Just snother ultrasound to see growth and heartbeat. We will also be talking about testing. I read through everything they sent me home with but I am so confused! All that stuff wasn't around the last time I went through this. Also, want to look at my blood pressure again.

After each appointment I feel so good and confident but as the days go on, I get more anxious. With all the losses lately and my own history it is hard not to think that way. I just can't wait to see our little blueberry again. 

• Options
    Sorry I’ve been MIA around here. I’ve been taking some time to process. Hopefully after tomorrow I’ll have some clarity about what happens next.

When is your appointment?  Monday at 12:30pm

How far along will you be? 8ish weeks I think?

What is being addressed?  Had a bad u/s last week so they’re double checking tomorrow to see if maybe I was much earlier than I thought or confirm that this isn’t a viable pregnancy. 

Questions/Comments/Concerns: I’m extremely anxious about tomorrow. I’ve gone through so many emotions over the last week and trying not to get my hopes up. I just feel like I need answers now. I hate this waiting in limbo. I’m expecting the worst tomorrow, but I’m an eternal optimist so there’s still a little tiny part of me hoping that it was all just a misunderstanding. 
  • Options
    amama3amama3 member
    edited April 2018
    April 17th
    Exactly 12 weeks (:
    What is being addressed?
    NT Scan.
    Still am not feeling the best, feels like more then just morning sickness. Never was like this with my 1st child..
  • Options
    @brookepdavis I truly hope you get good news tomorrow. I can't imagine being in limbo like that. I'm praying for you and hope that you get answers.
  • Options
    @brookepdavis Good luck tomorrow
  • Options
    @brookepdavis - I really hope you get good news tomorrow! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @brookepdavis hoping you get positive news tomorrow!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited April 2018
    @nervous0220 Good luck with your appointment!  I am 7.5 weeks, and I have the exact same spotting.  I also had an ultrasound at 6.5 weeks because I was in a lot of pain- however I was told the pain was normal but I did find out i was pregnant with twins and heard their heartbeat.  I'm a nervous wreck- and am looking forward to my "first" OB appointment on Friday (which seems like a lifetime away).

I hope your appointment brings you peace of mind :-) 
  • Options
    @brookepdavis Thinking of you today.  <3
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 Good luck!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    bqtmom25bqtmom25 member
    edited April 2018
    @middleschoolmommy did you ever update after elective US yesterday? Or am I a day off? 

@kbrown2385 and @brookepdavis thinking of you today, cant wait to hear updates! :heart:

ETA you too @nervous0220!  Sorry I missed ya, it's difficult for me to remember pages of these.  Baby brain? :blush:
  • Options
    Tomorrow (4/17)!

10w2d

What is being addressed?
    Another u/s and possible NIPT test and discuss next steps/how often I'm coming in.

• Options
    @Amber1174 thank you for sharing that. Of course my mind is going a million miles an hour, thinking the worst, but it helps me relax a little! 

@brookepdavis I’m sorry you didn’t get a more definite answer. Being in limbo so early in pregnancy is the worst. I’ll be thinking of you and hoping for the best. 
  • Options
    @brookepdavis While I am so glad your doctor is still hopeful, I'm so so sorry you are just having to wait still. I know it is awful. T&P are with you and hope you find ways to occupy your mind this week.
  • Options
    @MamaMunn I have non-pregnancy related high-blood pressure.  My OB switched my meds and I seem to be doing well so far.  I have to document my hbp for the next couple of weeks.
    Me: 43  Hubs: 42 
    Married My BFF 3/22/10
    3 Beautiful Girls: 17, 21, 23 (previous marriage)
    Tubal Reveral: 10/12
    Ecoptic: 3/13 (Lost Right Tube, Left Tube Blocked)
    IVF #1: 3/14  = BFN 
    IVF #2: 3/15  = BFN
    IVF #3: 6/15  = BFN
    FET#1: 11/17 = BFN
    Endometrial Scratch: 2/18
    FET #2: 3/18  = BFP! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @brookepdavis fx you just have a late implanter!  My u/s showed a baby over a week younger than my dates. And I know the last time we had sex before dh left for a 3wk work trip. But so far my baby is still growing. Sometimes it just can't be explained. 
  • Options
    @brookepdavis hoping for lots of development for your little one this week! Will keep thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way!
  • Options
    @brookepdavis I hope baby has a big week of growth. Maybe it is just late implantation. I'm sorry for the additional confusion!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @brookepdavis wow that’s frustrating that you didn’t get a clear answer today. But if your doc is super optimistic that’s a good sign! Im holding out hope for you that baby is gonna grow in the next week. I know it will be super stressful though 

• Options
    @brookepdavis - I'm sorry that you are still without answers but I'm really hoping that everything turns out alright and there is a heartbeat next week. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018