November 2018 Moms

Small gestational sac - good news!

edited April 2018 in November 2018 Moms
Okay, this is a little random but when I was searching online for positive outcomes last week, I couldn't find many so mostly I want to post this for posterity....

Last week I had an ultrasound for this IVF FET baby of ours at 7 weeks and was told she measured at 6 weeks 1 day and the gestational sac at only 5 weeks 3 days. The heartbeat was good at 119 so the doctor and nurses all said that was most important thing, but they wanted me to come back in 1 week for another US to see how things were progressing (and, frankly, the vibe I was getting wasn't super optimistic). After going home and reading online about small gestational sacs in early pregnancy, it seemed that it was a major indicator of early miscarriage--with something like an 80% chance--and almost every thread I found online about a situation like my own ended in bad news. 

In any case, I went back yesterday at 8 weeks and DD is measuring 7 weeks 5 days and the sac at 6 weeks 6 days with a heartbeat of 150 and everyone at the office said all the numbers are wonderful! I had completely prepared myself for the worst, so obviously I am elated. And of course I know it is still early so it's not like I'm out of the woods, but I just wanted to post this out there for any other moms going through a similar thing... it is TOTALLY POSSIBLE that the baby/sac catch back up and do just fine!!

Thanks for listening. :)

Re: Small gestational sac - good news!

• Thats great! Happy you got good news.
  • Awesome news! So happy for you! 
  • Loading the player...
  • That's awesome!  Our RE also told us that our gestational sac was measuring "a few days behind" (he wouldn't tell me specifics) at our 6w2d ultrasound.  But then I went in this week for our 8w2d, and everything looked perfect.  I know it would have been nice to hear some positive stories when I was panicking 2 weeks ago!
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @soehlerk You know it's worrisome when the doctor calls you for a follow up and says "So you aren't having any cramping or bleeding? Oh good".  :/  I was definitely in an internet rabbit hole looking for stories. 
  • Woo Hoo! Great news! I’m so happy things are looking positive. 
  • That's wonderful! So glad it turned out to be ok. Thank you for sharing.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Great news!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Im so glad you had a positive outcome from the follow up ultrasound! Thanks for sharing!
  • Such wonderful news!! I can't imagine the amount of stress that first ultrasound would have caused. Thanks for the positive story!!

• Yay!!!!! Thank you for sharing this. I think we needed some happy news here! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker