April Symptoms - Page 2 — The Bump
July 2018 Moms

April Symptoms

Re: April Symptoms

• @wildtot thanks, I do feel super bulky and weighed down recently. It bums me out, I definitely feel it after a full day of being out and active.

@julybabybear that's the feeling I get, like I've been through a serious workout when all I've done was play at the beach with the family. I started off at a healthy weight but still 10lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant with my daughter, maybe I'm just forgetting things but from what I do remember I was feeling stronger and lighter at this point with that pregnancy  :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You guys I’m basically In tears because my legs hurt so bad! I have bad RLS and being off my medication has been hard but I’ve been able to do it. Tonight I’m at my limit though. They hurt so bad. Pitty party for one over here
    SmashJam
  • Loading the player...
  • @elizabethrn87 oh no! Hope you feel better soon!
  • @elizabethrn87 I didn't have pre-existing RLS but I've been dealing with it now most evenings, hope you get some relief! Until then, pity party: table for 2!

I've had the worst skin issues of my entire life this pregnancy. Each trimester is a new bizarre experience lol I had horrible acne the first trimester, ridiculously dry skin (cracking and bleeding) the second trimester and now I've got this eczema-like rash thing on my neck going down towards my collar bone just on one side. UGH

• My acne is flaring up a bit again, I blame it on all the treats I've had and all the eating out. Better get back into the astringent toner before things get worst! Sorry about RLS @elizabethrn87 :(

I'm being kicked/head butted in the vagina right now. Thanks, baby.
  • @chaser61 the OWT is that boys carry low and girls high - I'm finding that true in my case but boy is also second and I've also heard seconds carry lower than firsts so who knows
    momofelise71  it could be SPD but it could also be "lightening crotch" from baby bouncing around on cervix or combo.  I've been getting that a lot too especially when I've been on my feet a lot.  I've been in to my OB every week for a month with concerns and I'm a STM so you would think I'd know what was normal - every pregnancy is different and that's why they have the advice line.  My Pediatrician is the same way, they would rather you call and feel better and be safe than worrying alone.
    @amdftw I was having palpitations and high heart rate early on too - had full cardio workup with EKG, echo cardio, halter monitor, etc - cardiologist decided it was just pregnancy and that I was probably slightly anemic and not drinking enough water (I drink a gallon most days) - he told me to try to up the iron, and if water alone doesn't do it add some salt to my diet to raise my BP (i'm always super low - 90/60 before morning coffee).

So I'm +1 for very watery CM, SPD, frequent wake-ups (did you know this is mother nature's way of training us to get up to nurse every 4 hours after baby comes? thanks so much mother nature!), foot cramps, feeling a heck of a lot more pregnant than I am, swelling, constant fatigue and brain-fog.  Still battling this disappearing UTI thing - I've felt like I had one for 3+ months, OB keeps doing cultures that come back negative, PCP got a positive for WBC and leukocytes, but OB retested and saw nothing...but my CBC is all over the place with borderline anemia, elevated WBC, and high neutrophils pointing to a bacterial/fungal infection SOMEWHERE. Guess I better up the vitamin C, cranberry juice, B12.

What I find helps: I find hard surfaces and direct pressure on my crotch/sacram makes the SPD worse - dr tables, work chairs, restaurant chairs - so I'm giving in and buying a donut.  A sciatica belt for pregnancy helped with DD, but DS is too low so it digs in this time.  For the swelling - I had to take my wedding set off already months ago :( I was feeling naked so I got a silicon band on Amazon for $6 and since it's a little stretchy it helps!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    emsnedmomofelise71
  • TMI alert - soooo much itching down there. It feels like bordering on a yeast infection, but it's been the same for a few days now, no better but no worse. Also, none of the discharge you usually see with a yeast infection, and no pain/soreness either....just so itchy! Gah it's killing me. I've been applying yogurt topically plus eating yogurt every day, have been trying to resist the monistat/anti-fungal creams/suppositories. Mostly since I'm not convinced it's yeast, but I don't know what else it could be. I know I should probably call the midwife but I feel uncomfortable calling her after we left off on such a bad note last time I saw her. 
  • @zande2016 "you really like yogurt huh?" 
    "It's for my vagina" haha

Hope you're using plain yogurt and the itching guess away soon! I just ate a pineapple yogurt and I'm glad I already finished it because now I don't want anymore yogurt haha

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
    acunamatada
  • @flockofmoosen3 yes plain....definitely not using fruit on the bottom lol. Sorry if I ruined yogurt for you! 
    wildtotacunamatada
  • UGH so sick of this constant congestion, post nasal, and blowing blood into a tissue every morning...not sure if the weather or the pregnancy is more to blame but it's a dynamic duo
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 i think it’s pregnancy for me because i didn’t have this before. I kinda remember it with DS too. But weather sure isn’t helping either.
  • +1 for the blood in the tissue every morning and suddenly the watery CM.  And for feeling more pregnant than I am - maybe it's a STM thing?!? Our pediatrician yesterday said something about adding one kid doesn't double the work, it's more like 3-4 times.  I laughed because I've already heard as much and said something like "too late now!"
    gingerbride26wildtotsm05-2acunamatada
  • At the risk of this being TMI, is anyone finding that they're really tight when having sex? We use lube, so that's not the problem. But it feels so different now, like we need to go slower and be more careful.
    zombiehoohaazg49
  • @sm05-2 I have! Actually, one of my symptoms is probably the lack of sex drive in general. And when we do have sex it's different. I feel tighter and dryer and it um.. takes longer. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
    sm05-2zombiehoohaazg49
  • Agreed! I actually need to get some lube, ugh. I wish I had taken advantage of the early second tri a bit more. DH has been treating me like I'm a delicate porcelain vase...I'm like...I still have needs, lol
    millpesm05-2zombiehoohaazg49
  • @sm05-2 yes to the tightness, I figured it's just all the extra blood flow to the area. 
    I have noticed it's much more difficult to be in certain positions because the belly gets in the way. And changing positions is like a 5 minutes process. and for sure my drive has slowed down, the beginning of the second tri, I was all about it, now I'm like whatever. 
    sm05-2zg49
  • Thanks, ladies—glad it’s not just me!
  • @sm05-2 definitely yes to the tightness, as well as  being dry. Using lube has helped, however sometimes it's still a bit uncomfortable. 
    @coco305 what you said about changing positions made me giggle. Its so true though! The only position that seems to be the most comfortable it doggy (tmi...) and cowgirl. Everything else is just...frustrating.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

millpeSmashJamsm05-2zg49
  • Re positions I’ve found the most doable position during pregnancy in when we’re both on our sides facing each other. I kind of miss sex...it’s been a few weeks and H has been asking for it but I still have this itching issue that is preventing me from giving in. 
    millpesm05-2
  • catftm2018catftm2018 member
    edited April 2018
    + 1 for the change in sex club. 

My belly now just gets in the way! Lol 

edited because autocorrect hates me. 
    millpesm05-2
  • @sm05-2 I'm so glad you asked this!  I had the tightness issue last time DH and I were trying and I just couldn't continue after a while.  Too uncomfortable.  Wish this wasn't a thing for so many of us, but I am happy it's not just me!  

My doc told me today that we should keep trying because it's great for labor, especially closer to the due date.  I'm like :#  we shall see.
    millpe
  • I had recently been unaffected by pregsomnia and for the last two days have woken up several times a night and then for good at 4:45am. The hip pain has started occurring, which contributes to the waking because I have to turn over. I even took a Unisom last night because I had trouble last night, but it didn't help at all. SIGH.
  • Add me to the waking up 1-2 times a night to pee. Hoping it stays that way. Our hotel gave us separate beds at DH’s conference, I was originally annoyed (this happens EVERY year) but it was sooo nice to have the bed to myself.. No bed hogging dog, no flip flopping husband, no kitten playing with my hair. Just me, my pillows, lil baby, and my bladder. Our dog comes home from the IL’s and I’m dreading what sleep will look like tonight. 
    Also feeling way more pregnant than I am right now. Everything makes me out of breath, way less space to fit anything in my stomach, annoying reflux sometimes for no reason at all. 
    Feeling so so large, I’m interested to see how much I’ve gained this time at my appt tomorrow. 
    gingerbride26
  • Like @acunamatada I was also feeling like I am running out of space but only some days, I think it depends on ewha I eat. It may be time to lay off the carbonated water...I have a soda stream and I made a whole bottle yesterday and drank it all. By dinner I was feeling super big! I also noticed it happens on non-pooping days...going to drink some lemon water now!
  • I have been sick as a friggin' dog.  Left work on Tuesday early and slept the day away.  Thank God DH had it all under control.  Wednesday stayed home and rested all day.  I didn't even work out this week, but yet my Garmin has me at 297 active minutes because it's taken my body that much effort just to function (minutes based on heart rate).  Luckily I'm back at work today and able to be a functioning human!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
    gingerbride26
  • Anyone noticing their eyesight is getting worse? This happened with DS too, I was told it was normal during pregnancy and should improve after birth but it never did. And it’s happening again! 
    michelle_bird
  • @WorkinWeezel sickness during pregnancy sucks so much, glad you're feeling better.

I feel like my ankles are getting fat/swollen. I was trying on some shoes last night and they were noticeably thicker, ugh. I already don't like my legs. Can't wait to be in maxi dresses full time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @acunamatada +1 for eyesight getting worse.  I've had glasses for distance for a long time, but my eyes aren't focusing right away for close up now.  I'm really hoping it goes back to normal though!
    acunamatada
  • Adding myself to the insomnia list. I don't know why I can't sleep. I must be uncomfortable, but I really can't tell. I start out slightly sitting up (in case I get acid reflux), then move to my left side, but I think I need to somehow elevate my neck. I've been functioning normally during the day, so it's not a huge issue I guess (and it's preparing me for life once she comes), but I want sleep!
  • +1 with bad eyesight. I already have to wear glasses at work but normally not outside of that. I occasionally see little colorful lights and it happened with DS too. Just making sure i stay hydrated and not move too quickly. I haven’t seen a eye doctor in 2 years so it’s also that lol. 
    +1 with insomnia
    i also have this weird pain between the side of my leg and crotch. Usually only when i walk. Idk if it’s a result from yesterday’s bowling or if I’m getting another swollen lymph node. I had one there years ago after being super sick.
    acunamatadaSmashJam
  • zg49zg49 member
    +1 with the bad eyes. I never got my eyes checked after DS (had him 2 years ago) so I am noticing a big change in my eye sight already. 
    +1 interesting sex changes. LOL

acunamatada
  • @acunamatada for sure with the eyesight!  Happened each time so far.

+1 for sex issues... as a matter of fact, I've avoided it... poor DH!  I guess I need to get back on it... so to speak!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
    acunamatadababygagnon2018zombiehoohaa
  • @WorkinWeezel I've also been avoiding it. Wasn't comfortable the last time, and LO kicked and I think that just weirded DH out too much, so I think we're both avoiding it. LOL.

I usually have a pretty low drive anyway, but now I think it's dead.
  • kbernal2021kbernal2021 member
    edited April 2018
    For the last couple of weeks I have been in serious nesting mode, also experiencing a lot more back, pelvic and hip pain as baby grows. I have been getting some BH as well, and achey/crampy feelings a lot more (although this probably has to do with my insane cleaning spree due to nesting lol.) My body is feeling in the home stretch and getting uncomfortable but we are almost there mamas!!

ETA myself to the insomnia and low sex drive club! 
  • +1 for low/no sex drive 

Also, Braxton Hicks contractions seem to have started. I got one every time after I peed yesterday.
  • I have some bad pubic pain and some throbbing that started in my right...vulva I guess? it was like a rhythmic throbbing that would start and stop yesterday but only when I was in the car. I don't remember lightning crotch being like this...its sore when I touch that area which makes me think its probably a varicose vein in the vagina or something. Either way, its annoying. 
  • zg49zg49 member
    Gas and bloating. Oh Mylanta it's been a rough couple days!

• I notice that if I don't poop for even just 24 hours i have low appetite and like zero space for food. Felt huge yesterday because of that and even 30 min on the treadmill was torture because I was so uncomfortable. It can only get worse...
    SmashJamacunamatadaamdftwemsned
  • @kissableviv yes!!! I am the same. 
  • TMI warning...

Last week in noticed an odd bump on my inner labia while showering. Since I can no longer see down there, I had to go by feel It felt like something in between a mole and boil. Then I felt another one! They don't hurt to touch. So I call ob nurse line and ask about these weird bumps. The nurse tells me, "oh it sounds like varicose veins. However, when you see your ob on Friday, ask her about them and DO NOT try to pop them". Well damn...she knew I was going to ask. Okay...so leave them alone...got it.
    So I tell my OB on Friday. She makes me undress and takes a look. "Yup, those are normal with pregnancy. They should go away after baby". Should?!?!? Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did they go away after your baby was born?

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

emsned