July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 4/7-4/8

Re: Weekend Randoms 4/7-4/8

• Options
    Selfishly started because i need to vent.
    DS has been throwing a fit for over 30 mins because i put on music and turned off the tv (he wasn’t even watching it!). He started unfolding the laundry i finally got to, started hitting things with my water bottle and just whining/crying nonstop. I tried to ignore him and did a few things around the house. I start to feel like I’m gonna lose my shit and DH walks in. He goes directly to me, i tell him what’s going on and i yell out to DS from across the house to stop. DH starts lecturing me. That i need to learn to deal with it and ignore it and soon I’ll have two crying kids. And goes back out to the garage to do whatever he’s doing. The words “soon “I” will have two” just got to me. How about he comes in and takes over DS instead of lecturing me? It’s not just me in this. I finally took DS to his room to cry and hopefully he’ll just nap. 
    Vent over.
  • Options
    Ugh, @wildtot that's not a way to be helpful that's for sure. He will have 2 crying babies too!

Hello from me and my phlegm. Lol. I showed DH a couple of spit outs so he can get used to gross fluids. I was pretty proud of them! He made me some warm tea with honey because my throat is just so irritated from me trying to cough and get things out. I think I'm gonna give in to Robitussin to give my throat a break... slowly starting to feel better and no cold thankfully.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh I'm sorry @wildtot I'd be bothered by the wording of you just having two as well. It's easy to walk into a situation and lecture about learning to handle it, but he wasn't the one there dealing with it. I also don't think they really get how much harder it can be to deal with toddler meltdowns when you're pregnant and hormonal and physically not at your normal functioning. I have no shame pulling the pregnancy card with my husband when I'm having a tough time. 

As for me, I wasted $400 at the ER last night (seriously, 400 copay for ER??) They confirmed I have influenza B - thanks I already knew that - and then lectured me about how there's nothing I can do but ride it out. I was like look I know there's not much I can do but I literally haven't slept in 24 hours because I can't breathe, there has to be something you can do to help me breathe. They eventually hooked me up to a nebulizer treatment and gave me an inhaler, which seemed to help, but I didn't appreciate the lecture from the doctor about how I just have to suffer through it. Then he was proceeded to tell me he has a cold too and he just deals with it. Seriously dude? You don't have the flu, or 2 pounds of baby pushing on your lungs, so eff you. 
  • Options
    @wildtot are we married to the same guy? I just got into it with mine, again. I'm not going to get into any huge detail or I would probably get banned for language, but his words to me were that I am so awful to be around that he wishes he could live somewhere else. 
  • Options
    @wildtot oh no I’m sorry! DH says that too when I complain about being overwhelmed with DS, he says it as a joke, but it’s not funny. DS has been on a whining spree for days, so solidarity there. I tried to take 5 minutes to myself yesterday, closed the gate in the living room while DS was watching TV.. Two minutes later I hear the gate open, which I had NO idea he knew how or was even strong enough to do. 
    Go easy on yourself, youre just one person, hormonal and pregnant and he should have stepped up and offered to help. 

@cseley321 DH likes to sarcastically call me his ray of sunshine when I’m pregnant. I’ve heard that “so awful to be around” nonsense too.. I not so sarcastically told him I don’t like him very much when I’m pregnant either. 

@zande2016 how rude, with how scary the flu was sounding this year I totally would’ve gone to the ER if I was struggling to breathe.. He’s kidding himself if he thinks he can compare that to a man cold. Wow. Hope you start feeling better soon, that sounds terrible. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 that just really sucks. Especially since if you get pregnant in the flu season they just drill it into your head that its dangerous for pregnant people to have the flu! I am so mad for you for that and the damn copay. Ugh. 

@wildtot eff your DH. "You're" gonna have two. WTF. Its amazing that the attitude of men sometimes defaults back to the women being most affected by babies. I mean, in some cases we ARE more affected, but I have been preparing DH for months with his increase in responsibilities that will happen when baby comes and sometimes he's like OMG WE CANT HAVE MORE THAN TWO THIS IS HARD WAH and sometimes he's ok. It's like they lack the ability to suck it up when things are different than expect or when things change and its hard.

Also...must be a day for kid tantrums because I got the date of the farmer's market wrong and it turns out its next weekend not this weekend. I go to get raw milk to make yogurt and sometimes meat, so nothing really for DS, but he lost his SHIT when we drove away. He cried through the grocery store, racking sobs, snot and tears. This one woman stopped to stare and he was like, "STOP LOOKING AT ME!" and she was like, "Sorry, sweetie!" and he was like,  "My name's not SWEETIE its ______!" So hard not to laugh. He's down for a nap now hopefully he sleeps. We have a chili cook off to go to that I entered (with a recipe I've never made) and he'll be up a little past bedtime.
  • Options
    @zande2016 @kissableviv hope you both feel better soon! 
    @cseley321 heck I wouldn’t want to be around me either sometimes! The minute I stayed quiet he’s like “oh here comes the attitude”. Like really it’s always “attitude” do you know any other words? I have other feelings.
  • Options
    @cseley321 @acunamatada @wildtot ugh when DH complains about me being a debbie downer I'm like uh...you want me to perk up? Take some effing stress off me by picking some things up off my plate! Might be less stressed then. Being the only person whose life is changing drastically takes a toll on the mental outlook sometimes!
  • Options
    I miss having good poops lol I hate feeling so bloated all the time. Also my dh is also being a tool and definitely tells me im a debbie downer as well. on the plus the mom conference I went to was great and I got tons of swag and the prenatal yoga class was amazing! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Somehow tweaked my hip today sorting laundry on my bed. Now I get shooting pain in my hip if I step "wrong" and then it throbs for several minutes afterwards. I am hoping it goes away by tomorrow but I really don't know what to do with it. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 fingers crossed it is better tomorrow! hip pain is no fun

• Options
    I went to bed early because my back hurt super bad and I was all crampy...pretty sure Bernie is just laying on me weird somehow because I didn't do anything strenuous besides stand a lot. Anyway I woke up at 12/1am and could not go back to sleep! DH didn't even come to bed until 1am and wasn't asleep until 2am ish, I finally fell asleep so hard I don't remember turning off my 5am alarm and woke at 5:30-to the sound of DS running across his bedroom floor. I am gonna wait til 6 to go in there unless he starts yelling.

Yesterday at naptime I didn't go in when he was yelling. He pooped in his pull ups (still gets those for sleep times) and instead of leaving it, he took them off, tried to poop more in the toilet, then tried to wipe himself off with EVERY SINGLE WIPE we have in the bedroom, then changed his pants and went back to bed. Cute, but quite the mess to clean up 45 minutes later. 
  • Options
    I think I’m starting to get sick. I woke up with a sore throat, headache, teary eyed and my usual congestion. But the last day or so my nose has been extremely sensitive making me think it’s just allergies. Idk. Hope it’s not a cold. Hope everyone else is feeling better!

Im pretty sure DH is dreaming he is eating or wine tasting because all the mouth smacking last night didn’t let me sleep. At least DS stayed in his bed till 610. I also started on nursery decoration. I did these for DS and have them hanging on a wall. Two down 4 to go! The color pattern is on one entire ball of yarn. They will go on the other side of that door.

• Options
    @smashjam that poop story is pretty funny/cute. I'm not looking forward to potty training (with an infant on hand). @wildtot I love those! I feel bad I haven't even thought about the nursery. I'm still not sure what we're going to do. H and I sleep downstairs, and our son's room is across the hall from us. We have 2 more bedrooms upstairs that we don't use. One will be the playroom (if we ever get around to it...) and we can't decide if we should move the toddler up there or keep him where he is. Running out of time I think. 

I am so sick of being sick! In many aspects I feel better, the fever is gone, aches are gone, nasal congestion is slightly better. But, my throat is no better at all, and my chest congestion/cough are only a little better. It's impossible to get sleep, I wake up constantly in agony because my throat needs constant moisture. I've gone through like 3 bags of cough drops and 2 boxes of tea and an entire container of honey! I definitely have cabin fever and wish I could get out of the house. 
  • Options
    Well, I've been feeling better I suppose in that my throat is better but now the cough has begun as all the crap in my chest wants to come out. Last night was acony coughing so hard and incontrollably. I managed to sleep soundly for 5.5 hours but was up at 6(yeah went to bed wayyyy too late). Been coughing since then and now I moved downstairs to let DH sleep. Made something warm with honey and later going to get some Robitussin- I know it's silly but I worry about the baby with all this violent cough I've had and at this point I need something to kick the cough just enough so I don't hurt myself coughing so hard. Ugh. It sucks because other than that I'm feeling good...

Let's not mention the coughing and peeing because it's been unavoidable considering how violent this cough is. 

On another note we put together the changing station yesterday (it's basically an Ikea storage system) so I feel good about making some progress in the nursery.

@wildtot I love the decor! Fx you're not getting sick
    @zande2016 I'm sure my agony is not comparable to yours but I sympathize for sure.
    @SmashJam that is cute indeed but then who's cleaning up? Hehe.
    @flockofmoosen3 I hope your hip is better today
    @lindsayleigh1989 I had a 3 day streak of no pooping then finally it happened and in the past day or so it's like my body is playing catch up...but I'll take a good poop day anytime
  • Options
    @kissableviv I've been having violent coughing fits every time I try to lie down to sleep...last night I rubbed a bunch of Vicks vapor rub on my chest and that actually made the coughing stop for the rest of the night. I haven't tried Robitussen, I'm already dosing myself regularly with Tylenol and mucinex, plus the tamiflu, so I was trying to limit the drugs I'm ingesting. Hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited April 2018
    @wildtot Is your DS now Wyatt? Or is that what you’re naming #2?? My DS is Wyatt!!  <3

Edit it to add those are awesome! Where did you find that yarn??
  • Options
    Fx to feeling better, ladies! Hopefully, these sicknesses are finally done for us!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @paytonpedro yeah DS is Wyatt Conner and his brother will be Collin William. I got the wood letters and yarn at hobby lobby. I pretty do it while watching tv.
  • Options
    These hormones are getting the best of me guys. A woman my mom sort of knows posted on fb that she had girl scout cookies to sell and my mom arranged for her to deliver 4 boxes of tagalongs to my house yesterday. So yesterday I wait around for over an hour and the woman is like oops I'm running late I'll bring them tomorrow after church. So I wait around for her today she was 45 minutes later than she said she was going to be and then she comes to my door with freaking samoas. So I ended up sobbing on my couch for 20 minutes lmao DH must think I'm a lunatic
  • Options
    @smashjam lol about the poop cleanup attempt. Sorry!

Thanks ladies for the shout-out about my hip. It was already better after sleeping a few hours last night and today so far so good.

@wildtot I love the letters and the yarn you used! We do letters for our kids too and once we settle on a first name for DD2 we will do her letters.

Last night was interesting. DS woke up DH with a whimper and so he went in to check on him, then a minute later called me for help. Poor DS had thrown up (partially on DH). We were both like, oh no! The stomach bug! Turns out DS just had a super full stomach and wasn't digesting dinner so his body was getting rid of it. He slept and puked 2 more times within another half hour and then was fine and today is fine. Poor baby! DH cleaned stuff up and then I sent him to bed last night in case I would be awake all night after he cleaned. So happy things worked out.

Today I woke up early and made a big breakfast tea party for DD and then fell asleep on the couch. I just woke up to DH having cleaned the kids room and organized it again, done all the laundry, and also is securing a tall shelf to the wall in the baby's room. All while watching the kids without me. I said he is doing awesome and being so productive and he goes, "I'm nesting!" Lol

• Options
    @carsonraynee if someone brought me the wrong girl scout cookies I would sob too. Although, the other way around...I hate tagalogs and love samoas.
  • Options
    @wildtot So awesome! Ours is Wyatt.Stephen and we’re thinking Henry for #2. I’m gonna have to go look there for yarn! I always go to michaels but they don’t have fun stuff like that!
  • Options
    @SmashJam my little sister (10) ended up giving me her last box because she felt so bad for me lol
  • Options
    zande2016zande2016 member
    edited April 2018
    My appetite has returned and I would kill for a giant cheeseburger and fries. But, my body hasn’t caught up with my appetite and my throat still kills. It literally hurts to drink water, and I haven’t eaten a thing besides soup and ice pops in days. Why is this happening, why couldn’t my appetite wait for my throat to heal? So cruel. My body has betrayed me. 

Is it bad I literally have shed some tears over this? 
  • Options
    @zande2016 I would cry over being hungry and hormonal. Hanger is real for me, everything seems 100 times worse when I'm hungry and I am so emotional...hungry and pregnant...stay the eff away from me.
  • Options
    Omg DH thinks he has salmonella. He grilled chicken and it all looked fine (even i ate it) but when he checked the rest of them there was a slight tint to the juices that came out. We put them back to cook more but we had already had ours. Well 20 mins later he said his stomach hurt and he had salmonella because he apparently read that’s how it starts. Ugh this guy is so dramatic. I’m sure it’s all the random foods and lack of lunch causing him to have trapped air and a stomachache. 
  • Options
    Which would you choose? #2 for me!

• Options
    @wildtot I'm torn between 1 and 2! Sleep gives me energy so maybe also energy to clean??

I'm eating two enormous scoops of ice cream then crashing for a nap...
  • Options
    @wildtot I think salmonella symptoms would take more than 20 minutes to set in. I had it once from bad sushi and it took like 12 hours. Sounds like he’s being a little dramatic. I saw that on Facebook the other day and I’m definitely torn between 1 and 2! 

I took two extra strength Tylenol and then managed to eat chicken parm, penne vodka, and a roll that my husband brought home from a family dinner. I ate it so fast, despite my throat pain, it was very impressive. I couldn’t really taste it but it was still nice to eat real food. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I will take #2 hands down. That's where most of our time goes--cleaning up after ourselves and the kids all.the.time.

• Options
    @wildtot definitely number 2!! I hate cleaning

• Options
    @zande2016 yeah he’s fine lol. A stomachache 20 after eating is the new man cold lol so dramatic. I asked him not to Dr Google it because then he’ll be told it’s cancer.

Idk how many times i picked up toys today but #2 all the way for sure. Then I’ll have time to do other things. 
  • Options
    Is it mean of me to not want to participate in a bridal gift for a coworker, and that I resent being forced into it by association? We are not friends and hardly ever talk to each other, but since there are just 6 of us who work in the same dept I am obligated to go along with what everyone else wants to do. They are all so excited to do this for her and I am just "meh". 

• Options
    @flockofmoosen3 I think feeling that way is not wrong, I have felt that way about throwing down for people who would never want a gift from me if we were all doing individual gifts. Due to small numbers you probably have to give SOMETHING though. I have had to throw down for the principal I hated in the past.

@wildtot I always remind myself when I worry about e.coli/salmonella/bochulism that the symptoms are way more effed up than stomach ache, and they take way longer than 20 minutes. He's being silly! Also I have wanted to answer that on facebook but haven't, I would go with #2. I haven't cleaned in so long because I'm busy with other stuff!

@zande2016 glad you got some real food (that sounds so yummy!).
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 I agree with smashjam nothing wrong with feeling that way but with it being a small environment I'd just do something small and call it good