August 2018 Moms
Options

FFFC 4/6

Re: FFFC 4/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 I don’t look at prices either! I pretty much also shop the perimeter but do grab some snacks for DS. Although I’ve started ordering most snacks and canned beans from thrive market and I do feel like it’s cheaper than the organic stuff from Whole Foods. 
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    I still haven't unpacked our large suitcase from our vacation that I got home from 14 days ago. The entire main suitcase is clean clothes because I did laundry while we were there. It is laying open in the middle of our bedroom and slowly getting picked from. I feel like its sort of a stand off between me and my husband at this point.
    I am so guilty of this. It's bad. 

@scottishlass1213
    I don't look at prices either which is bad and I really need to get better at it but it's so far down my list of priorities  :#

I don't think I have anything to confess to today. My conscience is quite clear :lol:

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LOL @doctormom33  DH was gone for 2 weeks in February and it wasn't until last weekend he moved his suitcase with his clothes. I REFUSED to touch it haha
  • Options
    I'm glad I am not only on the groceries - DH sometimes doesn't like it when I shop, but he's not any better either.
  • Options
    cnsm1cnsm1 member
    @doctormom33
    Is there any other way to unpack after a trip? We currently have a suitcase half full of clean clothes laying on our bedroom floor.

I don't look at prices when grocery shopping unless it's for an obscure item. If I stick to my list and don't go crazy impulse buying, then it's all good to me.

AFM I've been sneaking quite a bit of the food my students' families bring in for daily snack. Especially if it's Cheezits.
  • Options
    Yes @cnsm1 I do have a list that I write by aisle so there is limited impulse buying so you reminded me I should at least feel ok about that :)
  • Options
    Lol @ecwk I pulled a tampon out of my work bag yesterday when I tried to find a pen. You aren't alone!
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 I am also guilty of being totally unaware of prices, but I will use a coupon if it is literally sticking out right in front of what I am buying, and for some pantry items (like tomato paste) I will buy store brand versus name brand. 

Mine is that I just found out it is going to be really cold tomorrow (like 30 degree drop), which means I probably can't wear the really cute wrap dress I had bought for this fiesta themed birthday party we are going to tomorrow, and as a result I am considering telling DH I have to work and can't go. It is his best friend's daughter's first birthday and it's in Dallas (4 hours away) and they are renting margarita machines and now that I won't even be able to look cute as planned I am dreading going.  
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    OMG @legallykate  4 hours away? No thanks!  Would you be spending the night?  You are a better trooper than I because I get pouty about going 45 mi - hour away for something like that 
  • Options
    @legallykate could you add tights and a sweater to the dress? The only reasonably solemn dress that I have that fits is a wrap dress and we are going to a funeral tomorrow (its going to be freezing here too). Tights and a sweater were my plan.
  • Options
    I don't look at grocery prices and I definitely judge others' carts. But then I look down at my cart and realize half of it looks super healthy and the other half looks like a 12 year old bought it. I don't know why I want all this junk food now that I'm pregnant. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 We are taking overnight bags JIC (they have room to sleep us) but I would rather drive home after the party (which is like 4-8) and be here all day Sunday, unless DH drinks too much or we are too tired to drive. We considered flying but that seemed like a hassle too and like unnecessary radiation for LO.

@doctormom33 I might try that, I would have to run out and buy some mat tights (and probably a sweater as well which could be hard to find here in April lol). The dress is very "fiesta" themed though so it might look dumb, I can't tell. 
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @legallykate I found some decent maternity tights at target! Not sure if they had much color selection though depending on what you are looking for. I just needed black.
  • Options
    I have no idea how much anything costs at the grocery store, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!  I feel like this is generational?  My mom is always talking about how much things are and I literally have no idea.  I will occasionally price check something in the normal grocery store against Costco (like DS's organic whole milk) to make sure Costco is the better deal.  But for the most part I just assume Costco is the better deal and I like their meat and produce better anyway.  Life is too short to be stressing about the grocery bill.  Ya gotta eat.
  • Options
    My cart currently has gallons of milk (from a local family-run dairy with very high health standards, but not certified organic) sitting beside the cases of Pepsi that DH drinks. Then I have corn chips, Doritos, Cheez-It’s & Triscuits (they’re not horrible when you look at the ingredients list) alongside my fresh fruit. The majority of my shopping list this week was snack foods & produce. We already have all the other stuff. 

I don’t look at other carts because I usually shop at a few stores, and at least one of my carts always looks horrible with pop and lots of snacks.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has no clue about grocery store prices! The only time I really coupon at all is at Target (where I get groceries like DS's milk, yogurt, bread, cereal, snacks, etc) and I'm totally in the habit of having the Cartwheel app open on my phone, scanning everything as it goes into my cart. When there's a deal on something it automatically uses it - yesterday I had an instant $2 coupon for something, I think it was laundry detergent. Plus I have their redcard debit card, so I save an extra 5% on everything. Makes me feel like I'm doing something at least :lol:

I sometimes look in other's carts, and do judge if it's full of absolute crap. I can't be tooooo judgey though, because ours is often half and half unless I'm on a big crock pot meal prep kick. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @doctormom33 This is the dress, what do you think, would it work with black tights and a black cardigan/wrap?

*TTC History*

• Options
    @legallykate that totally would work!
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    edited April 2018
    @legallykate i agree! Especially since there is black in the dress!

ETA: looks like a great dress to show off a bump!
  • Options
    Super judging the woman in the next chair at the hair salon- she's barking orders at the staff and is bragging about how she has a cut on her hand from slapping her son because he cursed at her. I hate to say it, but I can see why her son cursed at her. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    +1 for cart judging. Although mine hasn’t looked that great lately so I’m a total hypocrite. 

I walked in late to my u/s appointment with a DD coffee in my hand this morning and gave zero fucks. I only slept about three hours, I deserve that and a nap today!
  • Options
    @legallykate I’d totally do a day trip if it’s 4hrs or less. And assuming there is either a Bucee’s or Czech bakery on the way, that makes the drive worth it. In Texas a 4hr drive is less than halfway across the state :P It’s nice that you have the option to stay the night, though.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @lalala2004 I was just going to mention about driving in Texas. We are always going to Houston (3.5 hours away), and we don't even think about how far it is/how many hours it will take. I once drove to Austin (5 hours away) for a day trip. I start to complain when it's like 6+ hours away.

+1 for not knowing grocery store prices.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pearl clutching over here since I'm Frugal McCouponSale. I make my shopping list based on what produce/ meat/ brand of organic milk is on sale that week and buy non food items that have a sale and a digital coupon available. (Ie paper towel, toothpaste, deodorant)  Paper couponing is wayyy too much work and my local grocery store (Meijer) makes it so easy to use Digital coupons because their weekly online add shows whats on sale and has a little blue circle by the item if they also are offering a digital coupon on top of the sale. H is a fitness bodybuilding nut so his items I have very little control over ( Whey, bars etc) and it drives me batty but he knows if his items are ever on sale to stock TF up. I swear when Kroger offers Tyson Boneless skinless chicken breast for 1.79 a pound we are walking out of there with at lease a case of 24 packages AND a raincheck to purchase additional packages at the same pric

YES to unpacked suitcases for months and in my case closer to a year mark.  I sure don't need summer items right now but I could easily grab a sundress or floppy hat out of one stashed under my bed if for some reason I need one tomorrow.

Re: Cart judging. I generally am a snoopy person and love to see what others are buying but don't judge too harshly but am aware of judgement happening.  I've been known to hide a bag of starburst or doritos strategically behind the healthy stuff. I've ran into my boot camp instructor in the store before and now make sure the broccoli is placed front and center.

FFFC - I declined free pizza today because it had a topping on it I don't like ::double confession:: that topping is Bacon.
    I refuse to pick toppings off. It's my way or no way in pizza land.

Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the not really knowing grocery prices either. I only remembered the milk price because I was like "holy sh$*()#@" but I buy what I know we need and expect it to usually be between $200-$300. I live in a house with 6 people, it costs a lot to feed us all and I expect that. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Options
    @msmonalisavito at least 10 of us commented on not paying attention to grocery store prices.  My comment simply means that when a person works as much as I do, time becomes the more valuable currency than money. 

Nobody handed me a pot of gold so I'm not going to apologize to you or anyone else for being able to afford my groceries.
    Many people work hard.  Most people value their time.  And I’m not saying that your money came easy to you or that you should apologize for it.  

But perhaps some thought into how you word things would be helpful.  

• Options
    My mom used to take a calculator into the grocery store and add things up as she went, putting things back as she needed to, but I’m not offended by the “life’s too short” statement and I doubt my mom would be either. Yeah, it’s definitely a privileged statement to make, but if you don’t have to worry about it, why would you? That’s how I took it.

*Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    thanks @lalala2004 My mom did the same.  I also (to my original point) feel like some of that is generational?  My mom talks to me about grocery prices when I'm the one buying the groceries.  I think they just think about it more than our faster-paced, too many things to do generation.
  • Options
    Also, this may be an FFFC, but not that many people work hard. I've been in management long enough to know that a LOT of people do the bare minimum to get by and not get fired. It's a constant battle. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers