July 2018 Moms

FFFC 4/6

2»

Re: FFFC 4/6

• Ugh thanks @gingerbride26. I'll stick to ice pops and chicken soup and tea. 
  • @zande2016 i was always told that you want to avoid dairy when you have phlegm because it makes the mucus worse.
  • Loading the player...
  • @wildtot  that's what I've heard too, but I swear I also heard it was a myth, and @zombiehoohaa  makes a compelling argument for a milk shake lol. I'm so stuffed up I wouldn't even taste it, I just feel like it would be so soothing on my throat. 
  • @zande2016 ive always been told no dairy when there is phlegm, too. However, Dr. Google told me about the whole soothing your throat and calorie intake. Plus, I remember getting ice cream after surgery...soooo...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• So weird because one of my mom's remedies is warm milk with honey and I swear as a kid it worked...I know it's better to stick to warm foods vs cold. Hence why I made a smoothie bowl for lunch with literally all the "power foods" I had on hand LOL. I just really wanted to pack a the vitamins. Trying to stick to tea or just warm water with lemon and ginger. What a pain!!
  • I've read cold can irritate the throat but it feels so good. One of my coworkers said I should sleep with garlic in my sock. Her mom is from Iran and that's her remedy for everything apparently lol. 
  • @zande2016 garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, lemon...you name it... anything to wake up feeling better tomorrow!
  • Oh yeah gargling with ACV totally helps, same with salt water. I wouldn't doubt eating garlic helps, just not sure about putting it on my feet lol
  • I think I’d rush to get a new mattress after sleep with garlic. Iv put garlic on pimples and that’s still to smell too take to bed.
  • @wildtot I also recently heard about this issue with fragile bones and trampolines, but toddlers are not launching themselves much higher than an inch off the trampoline by weight and effort/ability, so I don't see how they can seriously injure themselves with barely jumping unless there was already an underlying bone issue. Also, gymnastics classes start for kids as little as 18 months and they use the trampolines all the time...again, with such little impact.
    That said, we love trampoline parks during toddler times only, and great wolf lodge is amazing! Also bowling is fun but don't buy a whole game just for him because it is too long

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @flockofmoosen3 we put DS in gymnastics around 18 months but it was a parent and tot class. This was before reading up on it. I was more concerned of the adults jumping around the trampoline with my son. He didn’t even understand the concept of jumping yet. I mean a grown 200+ lb man jumping and running around my son. Someone can get injured like that. If we did do more trampolines I’d be more concerned about others around him making a greater impact. 
  • @wildtot I'd be hesitant about the trampoline parks too. Only because I've read and heard a lot about kids breaking bones at one by us, and I've also heard they don't enforce the toddler jumping time at all, so I'd be concerned about a bigger kid landing on my tiny kid. People around us seem to really love Great Wolf and Kalahari (not sure if that one is a chain). I want to take my son somewhere fun for his 2nd birthday too but his baby brother will be here (and 2 months old) by then. Debating between Sesame Place and Great Wolf/Kalahari. Both would be an overnight trip for us. 
  • @wildtot I dunno how the one near you is but the trampoline park near us has a separate toddler area with no parents or children over 42 inches or something on the trampolines there. Part of me was like, yay, no one to launch him into the air! And the other part of me was like...how do I keep him from being an a-hole if I can't reach him, or keep some other kid from being an ahole and everyone ending up with broken bones? 
  • @wildtot and @zande2016 not sure about yours but our trampoline park is pretty large and has a very open main area with 6 different side rooms. Even when there are bigger kids there (on weekday mornings during school??) there is so much room for us to easily go where they aren't and vice versa. The only issue I have ever come across is once a worker told me "only one person per trampoline" while I was holding DS's hand and gently bouncing with him. DS was like 15 months old! I completely ignored that, and a dad nearby who overheard said out loud that was a ridiculous thing to tell me, and then we both laughed about it. I guess my point is it's fun and maybe consider giving it a try! My mom's group has gone several times together with like 2 toddlers/preschoolers per mom and I have never seen an unsafe situation unless it was normal toddler wrestling, which is probably safer on a bouncy trampoline than the hard floor anyway.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @wildtot I'd actually never heard of a trampoline park...that just sounds like too much while pregnant anyway...don't think we have one near here... I more meant one of those play/pretend places.  We have one near us that's an interactive children's museum with different themed rooms - there's a pirate/fishing ship, a castle, a reading room, blocks, a kitchen, etc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker