August 2018 Moms

Weekly BitchFest starting 4/2

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly BitchFest starting 4/2

• I woke up early and tried to go back to sleep, but someone’s dog was barking it’s head off. This happens most mornings, but usually I don’t care because I have to wake up anyway, and it doesn’t seem to bother DS. If you’re going to let your dog out at 5am, let them back in, damnit! 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'm really freaking tired of waking up at 1am with this insane urge to pee, and then am unable to fall back to sleep for a couple of hours. It feels like every night...

This cold can fark off already. I'm super glad it's not the flu, but it's so annoying with its symptoms. I seem to be progressing through the symptom tree faster than my husband did when he had it, but this sensation of having to sneeze/burning in the back of my nose every time I inhale or exhale is just awful. 

And yay more best friend drama. She is so close to just being excised from my life right now it's not even funny. Her husband snooped through her phone last week and found nudes and sexts she'd been sending to a married friend from college. But since she's the bread-winner and he can't/won't work due to disabilities, he knows he can't leave her or he'll be forced to go back to Colorado and move in with his family. Meanwhile she's unhappy, he's unhappy, and they remain stuck together...unhappily. I need a damn drink.
  • I'm also on the bitch train about the weather... I'm so over it. It's making my super grumpy, I'm ready for some spring flowers, damn it!

My neighbors also let their dogs out at 5am. The dogs bark which makes my dog bark which wakes us all up. Boo. Luckily DS and DSS sleep right through it but still... We just leave the door to the back yard open when we let the dog out when it's early or late, it's not like we have to worry about bugs right now. (see bitch #1)

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwkecwk member
    Yikesssssssssssssss @neeraja_k that is a crazy story about your friend!! It's really sad all around, they both must be miserable! 

@jsnakehole
    God bless your patience. I'd have peaced out long ago. JK I am still here doing it. I hope I can SAH sooooon. 

@mrs_drc_rn You took the words right out of my mouth. 

AFM - DH is leaving on a work trip next sunday - wednesday. So I have to be in charge of everything. Including dropping DS to daycare which opens at 7 and I am meant to be at work at 7:10 and work is 25 mins away. So yeah. Then I get to work a full day then pick up DS and feed him and play with him and clean the house and walk the dog and do work for school put DS to bed and try not to lose my mind #PityParty

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 for the weather sucking. A few inches of snow this morning. It didn't stick to the roads or sidewalks so that is good but, I just want sunshine and warmth. I also want to put my winter coat away and open a window! I think it might be worse because we keep getting days in the 60s and then a day later snowy and cold. 

• Also on the Why The Eff is it snowing train...I was wearing an adorable spring blouse yesterday and today I'm in a turtleneck sweater.  Cmon!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• +100 to the weather sucking. I'm used to more "breaks" between crappy weather, and we've had next to none this year. It's nothing but dark, cloudy, rain, rain, rain, rain, snow, rain, and cold. I have got cabin fever something fierce and I'm getting bitchy about being stuck in the house day after day. I want to go for a damn walk without a coat. I want to be able to lay in the sun for a bit. I want to garden. At this rate I'd even like mowing the yard. Just something different. 
  • Also bitching about the weather. It snowed earlier this morning. Now it’s 34F and raining. I’d rather just have the snow. At least I can brush it off my jacket instead of getting soaked. Tomorrow it’s also supposed to rain all day. 

Also bitching about Home Depot. We ordered something for our laundry room remodel that our local store doesn’t sell. It was supposed to be here last Wed. Tracking info shows it was sent somewhere in another state. Obviously not to my local store. So now we’ll have to wait another 2 weeks for them to send another one. 
  • @Firemanswife11 - you have every right to bitch about that. I"m sorry about your family, that sounds like a tough weekend all on it's own then throw in the comments, ugh. I've been getting a lot of the sex preference comments too and have no response that isn't even remotely polite so I settle for silence. And RBF. Sorry girl

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 I am trying to think of something to say to people but honestly I can't come up with anything. I mean, I feel like people think I'm lying if I say I'm happy to be having another boy. 
  • mrsbubbles-2mrsbubbles-2 member
    edited April 2018
    @Firemanswife11 - I'm so sorry. It sucks that you have to feel like people might think you're lying to say that your happy to be having a baby boy. I really hope that the comments stop when they see that you really, truly are thrilled with a happy, healthy little baby boy <3

ETA clarity because monday sucks

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My bitchfest was for yesterday...so my dad actually came with us to the farm for the Easter egg hunt, etc, which I am shocked because he doesn't do anything anymore with the family.  He won't go on trips, day excursions, he's barely comfortable outside of his house and we don't go over there much anymore, sooooo.  He has issues he won't address and I basically don't try/care anymore but hate that it's going to affect my children and that it really hurts my mom.

Anyways, so he pretty much kept to a 40 foot distance away from us the whole time.  Then my mom mentioned lunch which probably threw him in a tailspin because he won't go out to eat anymore, but good for her, she didn't care.  He came in, ordered an iced tea, then left and sat outside for the next hour or so while we all enjoyed our food.  So he's essentially not invited to DS's birthday dinner next week because I am not playing that game.
  • I feel like death today. Terrible migraine, nausea (which I don’t normally have with my migraines), and my whole body aches. I don’t know how I made it through the morning with DS but thankfully he wanted to watch movies and put stickers all over my blanket instead of bugging me or making loud noises. I am ready for a nap though. I told DH and he was like “well you could have my mom come over since she’s in town to entertain him a little bit” hmm nope sorry, that would be much more stressful because she’s completely incompetent and wouldn’t know where anything is or half the things DS would be asking for. Not happening.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I don't even know why this is making me mad because I normally do not care about gender specific clothing and labling of such but, I saw this and it really irked me because I see absolutely no reason why this can't be labeled - Baby Onesie. They had other ones too labeled the same way (Bowie, The Who, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones). 

I put it on my registry anyway but, still. 
  • Coming back from 80’s in Florida to a snowpocalypse. OVER IT. 

• I HATE THE FLU! 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @derbysquirrel aww man I was hoping that wasn’t what you had. I hope you feel better soon!
  • @Firemanswife11 Ugh to your FIL! I would’ve been so pissed!
    Also, I hear you on the comments about having 2 boys. Are you sure you’re done after 2? Don’t you want a girl? Oh man, 2 boys will be a handful! And everything else imaginable. Like you, I’m excited to be a boy mom and have another little guy running around! 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• @Firemanswife11 I am getting the same comments and it’s so annoying. 
  • @derbysquirrel
    Aw hon feel better soon!

@Brezzy1928 great onesie! It’s crazy how they label stuff for boys and girls, did they have a pink one for girls? Makes no sense to me, boys can wear pink girls can wear blue!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwkecwk member
    @Firemanswife11 you are my people. I don’t even know whether this LO is a girl or a boy but even still I’m not immune to the “ohh you must be hoping for a girl!!” comments. Over it. Give me a healthy baby please, that is all I want. Andplusalso I freaking love being a boy mom so if this LO is a boy then bring it on!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh. Ms is back again. I’m almost 22w so I’m guessing it’ll just be around for this entire pg. 
  • hezzer78hezzer78 member
    edited April 2018
    @firemanswife11 Ugh so sorry you're having to deal with those stupid comments.  Maybe you can come back with some passive aggressive snide remark that'll make them shut up? I would do that but...

Image result for petty gif

@scottishlass1213 I'm so sorry to hear your father is being difficult. Is he just antisocial?

@brezzy1928 That's so cute! Where did you find it? And I agree - there's absolutely no reason that can't be a girl onesie. 

@derbysquirrel The flu sucks!! I hope you feel better soon!

I don't really have a BF today - I mean, I could BF myself. I procrastinated writing a grad school paper and now i'm stuck at home doing it instead of going to dance class and having fun. Sooo - I'm a scrub.

ETA: Had to fix my gif. 
  • @hezzer78  really long story short is for as long as I remember he dealt with anxiety with beer. Claims he quit over a year ago and is on medication but basically can’t and won’t do any social situations outside his home. He’s always been odd even with his own family. He’s bailed last minute on trips with my mom, both domestic and international so she can only go on vacations with us. He doesn’t appear to care about it or us. Really just DS who is starting to catch onto his odd behavior.  My mom does things without him now. 
  • calimom2524calimom2524 member
    edited April 2018
    I am just so effing crabby at work. I ask my staff to do one thing, they do the complete opposite. I ask them to take a vehicle to a mechanic, they take it to the wrong mechanic. I swear if I don't do it myself it will be done wrong. How are adults worse listeners than my 3 and 5 year old children? 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Just got a $1300 bill from my daughter's one year well-child checkup visit, which should have been completely covered under our ridiculously overpriced insurance. Looking like a lot of time on the phone today... :s
  • edited April 2018
    I am just so effing crabby at work. I ask my staff to do one thing, they do the complete opposite. I ask them to take a vehicle to a mechanic, they take it to the wrong mechanic. I swear if I don't do it myself it will be done wrong. How are adults worse listeners than my 3 and 5 year old children? 
    I will give you my car if you will take it to any mechanic and keep me from paying $800 for new brakes. Lol. 

ETA got cut off. Sorry your staff is being incompetent, though... that sucks. 
  • @mrslittlemac that happened to us with some blood work. Unreal. I about fainted when I saw the bill. Thankfully it WAS covered but no one likes getting a bill like that. Hope it's not too much of a headache. 
  • @calimom2524 - crabby here too. I'm laying low on today so I don't poison people with my negative-ness.
    @mrslittlemac

I hope you got it worked out!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am just so effing crabby at work. I ask my staff to do one thing, they do the complete opposite. I ask them to take a vehicle to a mechanic, they take it to the wrong mechanic. I swear if I don't do it myself it will be done wrong. How are adults worse listeners than my 3 and 5 year old children? 
    I will give you my car if you will take it to any mechanic and keep me from paying $800 for new brakes. Lol. 

ETA got cut off. Sorry your staff is being incompetent, though... that sucks. 
    Haha I totally wish I could do that for you! The mechanics we use all charge an arm and a leg though. I have 4 different mechanics I use in the area for our work fleet and they're all absurd. Vehicle maintenance in general just blows. It's a HUGE part of my job so unfortunately I know all too well how annoying it is. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Ugh. I'm on call at work. Called around to all the people who would possibly need me tonight before deciding I was clear to head home. I left, and literally walked in the door at home when my pager went off. Only had time to grab a piece of Easter ham from the fridge and climb right back in my car to head back. I live 30 minutes from the hospital. Im sitting here waiting for them to actually need me, and am not happy to be here. I just want to go home, eat some real food, pet my dog, and take a shower. 
  • My feet are killing me. Killing. Me. They've been swollen for over a week now - I really thought this wasn't supposed to happen until later. And I am now starting to get cankles - but only on my right foot. WTF. 
  • ecwkecwk member
    hezzer78 said:
    My feet are killing me. Killing. Me. They've been swollen for over a week now - I really thought this wasn't supposed to happen until later. And I am now starting to get cankles - but only on my right foot. WTF. 
    I had my centering appointment tonight and we were JUST talking about this and other normal pregnancy symptoms and the midwife said when it comes to swelling to drink water, elevate your feet etc. but if the swelling is noticeably more on one side than the other then you should give a call in. Not trying to be alarmist, I just thought it was strange you said this and we had just talked about less than an hour ago! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk Thanks for the tip - I'll call in the morning for sure. I have an appointment on the 16th, but I'll phone in early. I wear compression stockings all day at work and I'm on my feet quite a bit as I'm a teacher, so I didn't think it could be anything like DVT - but the internet tells me it could be? 
  • ecwkecwk member
    hezzer78 said:
    @ecwk Thanks for the tip - I'll call in the morning for sure. I have an appointment on the 16th, but I'll phone in early. I wear compression stockings all day at work and I'm on my feet quite a bit as I'm a teacher, so I didn't think it could be anything like DVT - but the internet tells me it could be? 
    I’m not sure hun, I’d give a call just to be sure. You’ll get peace of mind that way! I’m sure it’s NBD! IKWYM about being on your feet all day! Me too!!!!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker