Infertility

April 2018 IVF

Re: April 2018 IVF

• @sunny_side I am so sorry. I hope this next cycle works for you
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    History in the spoiler (child and pregnancy loss mentioned)
    IVF #1 - Jan 2015 - 25 eggs retrieved down to 4 blasts to freeze
    FET #1 - March 2015 -- BFP twin boys
    Lost one twin June 2017
    FET #2 - August 2017 -- BFP single girl
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #2 - Jan 2018 - 13 eggs retrieved down to 1 blast
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF
    FET # 4 - Unknown start date, waiting to finalize everything

• @sunny_side I’m so very sorry to hear that. Did the doctor say what could’ve caused that to happen? How many embryos did you get from your last retrieval cycle? Please do not blame yourself. You did everything you needed to. I’m sorry you are going through this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Had a bw and ultrasound, estrogen jumped up (not sure what the jump was from since nurse didn't tell me a number Saturday) to 100. Still much lower than it has been on both previous cycles but a good jump for a 2 day gap. Dr wants me to add ganarelix tomorrow and start it daily til trigger. Nurse said earliest we would have ER is Sunday but will like be closer to Mon/Tues. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz I think we might be on the same cycle day? I went for monitoring on Saturday and again today which was cd 8. Last IVF cycle I did antagonist protocol and i didn’t respond well (only 1 embryo, TW ended in a CP end TW). I’m on a microflare Lupron protocol and it’s working much better for me. Is this your second IVF too?
  • @mandurz thanks and best of luck next week!
    @beachbunnyxo123 thank you! At my Last ER I had 10 eggs retrieved and I was on the exact same protocol (lupron, gonal and menopur with Hcg trigger). I’ll have a consult with the Dr. this coming Monday so hopefully more answers. If I start my period before then I’ll go in for blood work and try to start another stim and will be able to meet earlier. 

Such a roller coaster but can’t wait to hear that you both all have success next week! 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 this is actually my 3rd. I did one 3 years ago

**TW that i had 4 embroys with and the transfer of the first 2 was successful and have a 2.5 yr old son. I tried to transfer our remaining 2 and that ended in a MMC at 10.5 weeks**TW.

I did a 2nd round of ivf to try again and we did a similar protocol as now with a few modifications for the not so pleasing results. I stimmed between Dec/Jan and got 13 eggs and in the end only one made it to blastocyst. So on to ivf round 3 to add more embryos to the bunch. I am going for PGS.

Right now I am on CD 10 so yeah we are super close on timeline. How was your monitoring appreciate today?
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @sunny_side thank you! I’m glad that you are able to get right back into stimming. I hope that you get some answers from your doctor! Please keep us posted!

@mandurz thank you for clarifying! I’m on mobile and can’t see your signature. Things went great today cd 8 and I have 17 follies under 10 and one at 11 and my estrogen today was 522. Most follicles I’ve ever had. I’m definitely responding much better to this protocol and I’m extremely thankful! I added human growth hormone tonight and I go back again for monitoring Wednesday. 
  • Hi April IVFers, I was off the forums for a bit after my retrieval because otherwise I would drive myself crazy reading things as I waited to hear back on how many made it to day 5 freeze.  I want you all to know I was thinking about you and sending good vibes.

For my second IVF round, April saw a lot of improvement.  Of the 20 eggs retrieved, 6 were atretic/traumatized (super rare and usually a bad sign) and 3 were immature.  Of the 11 mature eggs, 10 fertilized with ICSI (A-grade for the husband).  Shockingly, we ended up with 9 frozen on day 5.  None of them are graded AA but I am ecstatic.  The samples have now been sent to the lab for PGD/PGS testing.  Targeting a FET for July.

Much love and maybe a little extra hope!
  • @beachbunnyxo123 those are some awesome numbers! are you planning for FET or fresh? 

@sushibaby 9 frozen! holy cow that is amazing! good luck on getting several PGS normal.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @sushibaby that’s amazing!!! Fx for great PGS results!!

@mandurz FET as we are going to do PGS testing again. 
  • @beachbunnyxo123 that is fantastic news! Having the most you’ve ever had is such a wonderful sign and hopefully this will be “the one”! Can’t wait to hear! 
    @mandurz I’m sorry for your losses but hopeful for you this time. Keep us posted. I’m trying to “bank” also to give my one frozen some siblings
  • @sushibaby I tried to leave you a comment also but my screen cut off! 9 frozen is spectacular! My clinic told me not to stress over embryos that aren’t  AA because it is rare and like in school Bs and Cs are totally passing grades! During my feb cycle I had only 1 of my 7 embryos make it to freeze and the PGS results for my 1 lonely embryo came back normal...so starting with 9 strong day 5 embryos is outstanding!!! 
  • @sunny_side That is good to know, I am hopeful for the PGS results.  I am sorry April wasn't good for you.  I too was on the same protocol and had completely different results the 2nd time.  IVF is so frusterating as it feels like it should be a science but even the doctors don't seem to truly understand it.
  • @beachbunnyxo123, when we showed up on Saturday at our clinic for the transfer they told us we had 1 grade AA blastocyst to transfer. And we also had 2 additional blastocysts to freeze. I still haven’t gotten confirmation if there were any additional blasts to freeze from day 6. I’ve been feeling hopeful! I bled the day after the transfer and I will hoping that was a sign of implantation bleeding, but I don’t know. I go in to take my pregnancy blood test on Monday. I’ve been distracting myself and trying to think positive that the embryo implanted. Planning on taking a home pregnancy test this weekend!

@sunny_side, my heart goes out to you. You are doing the right thing to vent, let the past be the past, and look forward to the future and to next month’s cycle! Sending supportive vibes your way! 

@sushibaby, that’s great news! So happy for you!

• Hi everyone!!

I had my retrieval today and it went pretty well! In our first cycle, we got 7 eggs, 6 mature, and ended up with one blast. Today we retrieved 15 eggs!

I'm pretty pumped and looking forward to the fertilization update tomorrow!
  • @megmac2010 woo hoo for 15 eggs! That is an amazing number. Good luck on lots of embroys. How are you feeling?

Afm I had blood work and ultrasound done today. Biggest is at 19mm and 2 others not far behind, and tons at under 10. Estrogen went up to 350, so a nice jump in 2 days. Last time once it got over 100 it shot up every time they checked it so I imagine fri will have a nice big jump as well. I was worried about one being 4-5 mm bigger than the others behind it, nurse said we would let that one grow bigger (and risk it being over mature) to give the others time to catch up. I am ok with that assessment, risk one for the many. Especially with my history of having more eggs retrieved and not many embryos in the end. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz great estrogen jump! My estrogen is always slow to jump, but then once it starts, it's huge! This cycle mine went from 377 to over 1500 in 3 days. What dose of meds are you on?

I'm feeling good! Actually a lot better than I felt in the cycle where I got half the eggs. I was taking preemptive stool softeners for a few days pre-retrieval, so it's really nice to not be constipated! We're planning for a day 3 transfer, so hopefully by the weekend I'll be in my tww!
  • @megmac2010 any news on transfer day? I am waiting for my ultrasound for another follicle check right now.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz yeah! I'm doing a 3 day transfer tomorrow morning. 

Turns out I had 20 eggs retrieved, after all the counting was done. 16 were mature and injected for ICSI. 13 fertilized. On our day 2 report this morning we have 8 4-cell, 4 2-cell, and 1 6-cell. 

We had a similar "good news" report last cycle, and then 80% of our embryos arrested between days 4 and 5. Hence the day 3 transfer this time!

How did you follicle check go this morning?
  • @megmac2010 it went well, right has a 23mm 18mm and a 13mm and several under 10 still, left has a 18mm and a 13mm and several under 10. I know we are willing to sacrifice the one lead to give the others a chance for more to be mature, but I am getting worried. I probably shouldn't but I can't help it. Waiting for the hormone levels call to see how much my estrogen jumped.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz how is it going? Is your estrogen jumping yet? Keeping my fingers crossed that your medium-sized follicles catch up quickly! 
  • @megmac2010 I trigger tonight and have ER Tues at 7am. We really only have 4-5 that are in the right size range but I am trying to convince myself that those 4-5 will be the best quality we have ever had. But the reality is I am terrified looking at my odds. 25 eggs down to 4 embroys, and 13 eggs down to 1 embryo. So of course the only thing my brain can focus on is the idea that I will likely have no embryos make it to freeze.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz good luck with your trigger tonight I trigger tonight too we will be retrieval buddies on Tuesday!!!

@megmac2010 great report!! Glad this cycle is turning out better for you!! When is your transfer? Will you freeze and test the other embryos?

AFM trigger tonight and retrieval on Tuesday. I have 11 follicles between 16-19mm. Last IVF cycle the most follicles I ever saw on an US was 4. I am so beyond thankful!!! 
  • @mandurz quality over quantity! And you can't know how many eggs you will retrieve! Maybe between your trigger and retrieval, a few more will mature? I know at my last ultrasound before retrieval, I had 8 follicles bigger than 17.5. And I ended up with 16 mature. Did your RE tell you that your embryo development problems might be due to egg quality? I'm sure you are cooking up some high quality eggs up in those ovaries!

@beachbunnyxo123 thanks! I was pumped! I'm a poor responder to stims and I have a likely egg quality issue, so I'm crossing my fingers that this cycle will leave us with something to freeze. I did a day 3 cycle yesterday. Not planning on PGS, but I'd love to have a few in the bank. I was on a super high dose of Gonal-F this cycle (450iu) and I can't afford to do that again for awhile!!

Good luck to both of you with your trigger and retrieval. Can't wait to hear your good news numbers!!
  • @megmac2010 yep due to the PCOS he said that my eggs are "mushy". So with this being the last time I plan to do an egg retrieval and having not amazing results on the first 2, we made a few changes to protocol and definitely see the difference. The first few days of stims I started with more than double the small ones compared to this cycle. Nurse did tell me that at this point last time I had 7-8 folloclfo in the right size range my estrogen was about the same as it is now. So maybe there are more hiding that we aren't quite seeing on the ultrasound or the ones we have are just the winners. How did the transfer go.

@beachbunnyxo123 woo hoo for trigger. Sounds like you will have some good numbers. Hope all goes well. What time do you trigger? I do one lupron shot at 7:30pm and then again at 6am tomorrow morning. I go for blood work at 8 to be sure I don't need a 3rd trigger shot. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @megmac2010 girl I hear you on the gonal f. I’m all OOP as well and was also at 450iu dose each day. I went through 5 900iu pens and a 450iu pen. How did your transfer go? Best of luck to you! 

@mandurz I triggered at 750 tonight with novarel and also go back tomorrow for BW and US. I was on microdose Lupron twice daily as a part of my microflare protocol so I couldn’t do a Lupron trigger. I have to report for retrieval Tuesday at 620am 
  • @megmac2010, Congrats on your great news! I hope the transfer went well for you! Looking forward to hearing your update!

@mandurz, I had a similar situation as you when they were tracking the growth of my eggs- a couple were way ahead of the rest. Best of luck to you for tomorrow's ER! I hope the rest of your eggs catch up and are mature!

@beachbunnyxo123, isn't it wild that the amount of eggs one woman produces in 1 cycle can differ so greatly from another cycle? Congratulations on your 11 follicles! I hope that translates into 11 mature eggs! Good luck with your ER tomorrow morning!

• mandurzmandurz member
    Sitting at the dr office waiting to get called back for prep for ER. I am feeling pretty good today (minus a bit of cramping which is quite normal for me). I feel like there are going to beore than 5 and that makes me excited. Good luck @beachbunnyxo123!
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• Good luck @mandurz!!  I can’t wait to hear how it went!!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• mandurzmandurz member
    6 eggs retrieved. They told me 7 at first but not sure what happened that it went to 6 but either way...more than 5 like i was hoping for. I hope that in the end we have all mature and fertilize. I have never had fertilization issues, just having the numbers make it to freeze. So hope all 6 are mature and fertilize and we end up with 4 to freeze and add to the one we have for testing. I know it's high hopes but I am still going to try and be hopeful and positive that we will have amazing results this time.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz congrats!!! Fx for great results!!! Looking forward to your update tomorrow! I was feeling pretty crampy last night and this morning too. I didn’t remember feeling like that last retrieval. 

AFM we got 8 eggs! Fert report tomorrow! 
  • *lurking*  

congrats on your ERs @mandurz and @beachbunnyxo123 ! Fx for great fert reports and cell growth!
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• mandurzmandurz member
    Finally got the call (was anxious about it all day). All 6 were mature and all 6 fertized. I won't get a day 3 report, the next call I will get is Monday with how many we have to freeze and test. I am so happy that out of 6 I still have 6. My hope is on Monday we still have 4. Again I know it's a super high hope but I am going to keep that hope alive.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz wow that’s great news! Congrats!!!

AFM all 8 eggs retrieved were mature and 7 fertilized. I’m thrilled!!! Now we wait until our next report on Monday! 
  • mandurzmandurz member
    @beachbunnyxo123 that is an excellent report as well! Monday seems so far away but we will make it through
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz and @beachbunnyxo123 I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to hear your results!

I got the report yesterday and we got three blasts to freeze! Bam! So happy!
  • So. I'm one of those crazies who tests out the trigger. It's been 10 days since I triggered an it's still hanging around. Super faint, but still there. 

I just want an obvious, stark-white negative for one day, followed by an obvious strong positive. Is that too much to ask? ;)
  • mandurzmandurz member
    @megmac2010 I totally get that. I hope you get the Stark white tomorrow to get ease your mind. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @megmac2010 when is your beta scheduled? 

@mandurz how are you holding up waiting?
  • @beachbunnyxo123 my clinic is so mean and make us wait 16 days! So beta is on the 14th. I've been attempting to test out my trigger, but I'm still getting faint positives. My trigger was 12 days ago so it should be gone by now. So it could be the real deal? I still have a long wait to go!!

Hope you have a bunch of fun things lined up for the weekend, so Monday gets here quickly!!