October 2018 Moms

PAIF Thread 3/29

It's been a while! How has everyone been?

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here. 

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Check in any time during the week you have news to share or need support. 

The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread.

Re: PAIF Thread 3/29

• edited March 2018
    Got pregnant the first time back in 2009 but lost it at twelve weeks. We started trying again for another one a few months later, but kept coming up with chemical pregnancies.

2010 We saw a fertility doctor who diagnosed me with PCOS and tried me on Clomid. I had two blighted ovums during my three rounds on that stuff.

Then they said it would take IVF treatments, and we couldn't afford it.

2012 We started going through the adoption process. I met my best friend though a support group.
     2014  still waiting to be placed with a baby, I learn about a book called Woman Code by Alicia Vitti. 
    2015 I started following the book and changed my life style. My best friend was placed with a baby and I ended up pregnant  with DS  after three months of following the  book.

Although I tried to have him naturally, he was turned and ended up having a C-section.

Got pregnant in July 2017, and on the day of my sonogram (Was also DH's birthday) they found no heartbeat. I ended up having a D&E at a woman's clinic a month later after the pills my OB gave  me failed. I never went back to that OB again.

I gave my body a break for the holidays and decided to try again for New Years.
       Found out on Valentine's day that I was pregnant during a simple check up. And on March 8th (My mom's birthday)  we got to hear the heart beat.
       And now here we are.

I do recommend Woman Code and Flo-living (website) to as many women as I can. 
     I also support anyone going through infertility, treatments and adoptions.