December 2018 Moms

PGAL Check In (Pregnant After A Loss) w/o March 28th - check out the newest thread instead!

2»

Re: PGAL Check In (Pregnant After A Loss) w/o March 28th - check out the newest thread instead!

• Hey! So I got my results back from my 2nd blood draw! Here's where I'm at:
    1st blood draw at 3w5d - 87
    2nd blood draw at 4w4d - 1,014

Yay!

I'm going in tomorrow for a 3rd. They want me at 2000 before making the first ultrasound appt.  
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @GoyaBean913 That's amazing!!!! Those are fantastic numbers. :) Keep us posted with the next draw!

(Also, FYI to you and every PGAL-er - I just posted a new PGAL check in thread for this week! Woo!)
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    Hi there, I've had two losses in a row right before I had my son. I found out I was pregnant christmas of 2015 then had a MC a week later, got pregnant Feb 2016 and lost that one right at three months. Then got pregnant again the ending of August 2016 and I really had no hopes for him to survive, but to my surprise he did. (Its funny how that works right? When I get my hopes up, it doesnt work then when I give up, it does. Really Mindf***s you up) My son was born 2 weeks early, May 22nd 2017

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up?
    Right now Im 4 weeks and 4 days (due date is iffy because of my weird cycles)

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)?
    Symptom wise I get the usual not hungry mood swings that quickly revert to starving in the blink of an eye. I also am bloated, easily out of breath and sometimes I feel super hot out of nowhere. I get occasional cramps and side pain too.

4. Any appointments this week?
    Nope, avoiding talking to the doctor until I make it to 6 weeks. They are not the best rays of sunshine, they frown on getting pregnant so quickly after having a baby so I'm putting off seeing them until the last possible second. Basically, Im just trying to not think about this pregnancy as much as possible. I don't drink or smoke and have stopped drinking caffeine, but that's about as far as I'm willing to venture.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    Ive been okay lately, but I dread going to sleep. perhaps its the hormones but at night I get the worst nightmares and they haven't stopped for two weeks. Its like all my worst fears wrapped up into a twisted movie that plays every night. I cant even remember what most of them are about but when Im hopping into bed at night I sometimes get scared to fall asleep. During the day im fine though, happy and normal!

6. GTKY: What's your favorite trip you've ever taken?
    Well considering Ive only been to the mainland for army basic training.....I really cant say haha. It was, in short, the worst three months of my life! I went to Fort Jackson and there wasnt much to say about Jackson...lots of trees? I saw a squirrel for the first time and I flipped out and everyone thought it was hilarious. I did spend a year in Texas right after that working at the burn center and going to combat med school but we werent allowed outside of the base much so I cant really expound on it....Guess im due for a real vacay!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Finally called the Dr. My first appt with the np (nothing exciting, definitely not US) is on the 18th, so a little less than 2 weeks! 
  • 1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    Hi Everyone! My name is Allison. I am 23. I gave birth to 2 healthy babies and have since had 2 miscarriages while trying for a 3rd baby. This is my 5th pregnancy and I'm sending so many positive vibes down to this baby, Hoping this will be my last. 

I'm 5 weeks 1 day, I have to go get my blood drawn today and I'm waiting on my progesterone prescription to be ready. I'm not sure what the blood test is for by my infertility doctor put the order in so I'm going to go do it.

I'm nervous. I don't exactly dread the fact that I could possibly lose this baby. I'm more scared of the physical pain that comes with a miscarriage and the week it always causes me to take off of work.

No appointments this week. I'm going to call in about 30 minutes to schedule my first appointment at 8 weeks (if they don't feel like they need to see me earlier)

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    As much as I want this baby so bad, I'm in a way kind of bummed because my husband and I have our vacation planned in May for 4 days in Vegas and I so bad wanted to drink. Also we go to Disneyland in June and now I can't ride on the roller coasters.  :(  :'(

Probably my trip to Palm Springs last year. It was seriously nothing special but it was sooooo relaxing.
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
    Hey Everyone! I had my first loss November of last year, first round IVF, split embryo. Twins never had heartbeats. Ended up a missed miscarriage, and D&C. 

Today I am 6 weeks, with our second IVF attempt, first frozen transfer. Our viability scan is scheduled for 7w6days.

A decent amount of bloating and daily queasies! 2 days ago was my first morning full on sick, but no vomiting since. (scares me that something is wrong/wasnt MS) Anxious about not even making it to our first scan again! I was similarly sick last time one day and then nothing and we got bad news. Scared we will be told this time isnt going to hold either, for whatever reason. Whether its no fetus, no heartbeat, or the baby stopped growing....

No appointments this week.12 days away.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Basically that same as whats above. Taking it day by day just trying not to obsess.

Surprising my family in the States last year. It was completely unannounced! Watching my Mom freak out was the best. (I live in Aus)
    DH & I (35 & 33 respectively) got our first BFP last November, but our July baby was a blighted ovum that my body was keeping. My OB did my D&C the next day. We were certainly upset, but that loss got DH into an awesome pre-dad mode and now he’s extra supportive. (Last time he doubted my body changes and hunger, now he puts extra spinach in my smoothie for folate & iron)

4+6, we’re getting ready to move and buy a house. -But- we do this often, so it’s not as special for us, it’s just a big business transaction. This will be our third house, we’re totally building a rental empire :wink:

Cautiously optimistic. 

Not this week, but I have one scheduled on the 17th!

DH’s grandfather isn’t doing well, and today I bought new funeral pants. We’re expecting the call tomorrow. 

Probably our trip last summer, DH took me to all of his favorite places in Tokyo -we stayed downtown for a week, and I had the best breakfast sashimi on my birthday. We did almost everything on so many “Top things to do in Tokyo” lists, walked 10+ miles daily and LOVED IT. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
    Hello, this is my third pregnancy, and first natural pregnancy. I had 2 IVF pregnancies before. The first resulted in a mc after seeing the heartbeat at 7w2d in June 2016. That one left me devastated. For the second mc, baby didn’t grow past 5w5d and my beta’s weren’t doubling properly. Ultrasound diagnosed it early in the 6th week and I started bleeding late in what would have been the 7th. It was October 2017. 
    I have endometriosis but last year we sought second opinions before transferring our remaining frozen embryos (which resulted in 10/2017 mc) and another physician found a DNA fragmentation issue (basically the DNA of the sperm is abnormal) which he said could have contributed to miscarriage and would not allow for a natural pregnancy. Well my husband was put on supplements and retesting last December showed an improvement. 
    I’m hoping with his new super sperm and this miracle from God of a natural pregnancy after trying for almost 4.5 years that this baby will stick. 

4w3d. I’ll be happy if I can get through the month of April. 

I don’t feel any different but two things which are odd are I’ve been peeing a lot since last Thursday (I originally thought I was getting a UTI) and every night for the past 5, I wake up randomly feeling hot and thirsty. 

None. I’ve done the beta thing in the past with IVF pregnancies and this time I just wanna POAS everyday to reassure myself (lol) and wait until my prenatal appt. I have one scheduled in about 2 weeks. 

Just work, same old. And I have a major exam coming up but I can’t focus on studying, boo. 

This is a tough question. I think it will have to be Mykonos, Greece. It was a great island with great beaches, people, food, and our hotel had been amazing! 
  • @asun123 The good thing about Disneyland is that it's so much fun even without the roller coasters!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Hi ladies ! I have yet to check in on the regular thread but this seems like a perfect place to start .

I’m a proud momma of a health feb 2016 toddler . We have experienced one MC and that was jan 16th of this year i was 8 weeks . Today i hit the 8 weeks mark with this pregnancy and im starting to feel alittle anxious and hoping this baby is healthy according to my ovulation app ill be due nov 30th but my daughter was 6 days late so i dont expect much different . 

First midwife check in on tuesday !! 

Stressful week we found out my husbqnd needed emergency surgery ln tuesday and we just got him home today . Praying for good  result back in the next couple of weeks . 

• Someone ease my mind!!! 

Anyone else's pregnancy symptoms randomly leave? I still have sore breasts but nothing like they were and I look a bit bloated but I feel nothing!

hubby's gone for two weeks and I really don't want to have to go through another miscarriage alone  :(
  • Hi Knottie! Yes, it’s very normal for symptoms to come and go. I think most of us here have been going through it and have been at different levels of freaking out about it. :) Try to hang in there!
    PS if you log into the knot you can change your username. It’s very hard to keep up with “knottie” screen names and to try to tag them. Welcome!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Is anybody having brown spotting? I’ve been having a little bit this whole time and trying to ignore it as “normal.” It seems to have increased a little bit this morning and that has me NOT happy.
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @rosebud332 I’ve read that some spotting is fine. Also, some cramping is fine. But spotting with cramping is NOT fine. 

Anniversary
  • @rosebud332 I agree with echo. I hope it has stayed with just spotting, or better yet, goes away!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @rosebud332 I've always been told brown is ok, but if it's increasing and you want peace of mind, there is absolutely no harm in calling your OB. Sometimes it feels better to hear "it's fine, don't worry" directly from a doctor! Hope it stops soon!
  • Thanks everyone. I’ve had cramping too but not necessarily both together. Not sure if that makes a difference. @maureenmce I have always thought brown was not as big a deal too because it’s “old blood.” I guess I will have to wait and see for now. It was a little increased this morning  (still not a lot) but seems to have stopped for the moment. Ugh.
  • @rosebud332 How are things this morning?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t No spotting yet this morning. It seems to come and go. I didn’t have much after yesterday morning though. Fingers crossed everything’s going ok in there! Thanks for asking!
  • @rosebud332 Well, I'm on board with everyone else in thinking that brown is the color you want if you're going to have any.  I had light pink spotting with my previous successful pregnancy.  I think the main thing to be worried about is bright red in large quantities.  I bet you're good! :smile:
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

Hi there!  I am coming over from the Sept 2018 board. Had a miscarriage late January...   DS is 5 years old and DD is 3. Just found out my sister is pregnant too and we are about 2 weeks apart. 

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up? I am 5 weeks along. 

Every time I go to the washroom I am worried. Hope I can relax and be thankful for each day... 

No appointments for a bit, should hear back from my doctor regarding progesterone since DD was born at 33 wks and my last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. 

Just trying to stay busy. We’ve had quite the ice storm in Canada so we’ve been hermits all weekend!

I love traveling! Couldn’t pick one. I am lucky that my side of the family doesn’t do birthday gifts or Christmas gifts... my parents pick a destination every Christmas and the whole family goes. It’s amazing!
  • . Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: 1 miscarriage at 7 weeks in July (took 3 months for HCG to get to 0), followed by 2 chemicals. 

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up? 4w3d (should have given birth last month)

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)? Anxious about miscarriage. Looking for spotting every wipe. Want an ultrasound but know it won't show anything. Hoping for good bloods 4/18. No major symptoms yet except mild nausea, fatigue, and sore boobs.

4. Any appointments this week? 4/18

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): WAITING. THE WAITING. Its rough. 

6. GTKY: What's your favorite trip you've ever taken? Mexico with hubby and Jamaica with hubby and 3 other friends
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important:
    We have a 4YO son and in October 2016 our twins girls were stillborn at 21 weeks

2. How far along are you?  6 weeks, 6 days

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)? The MS and fatigue are starting to affect my daily activities.  Surprisingly my anxiety has been well managed, its more of an issue as I fall asleep and when I'm waking up.  While my mind is not racing, I have the physical symptoms I associate with anxiety.

4. Any appointments this week? Yesterday I had my second ultrasound and the tech was able to measure the heartbeat, such a good feeling.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): We had to tell my parents I am pregnant, we arrived at their house for dinner and there was only one item on the "safe" list.  We were going to wait a little longer and come up with a cute announcement, oh well.  Still struggling with finding the right balance of engaging with this pregnancy and the natural tendency to hold back after a loss. 

6. GTKY: What's your favorite trip you've ever taken? I just love Disney, so many great memories for our family there.
    Hi ladies! I’ve been lurking this group since March 30th right after I got my BFP... I really haven’t fully accepted that I’m pregnant yet. I’m 35 and from Texas and this would be my second pregnancy the first one ended at about 6wks. 

7wks exact today. I’ve made it past the 6wks mark. 

The last two weeks I had super sore breast and all day nausea with some vomiting. This week I had heartburn after eating pretty much anything and then today everything just went away. This is making me very nervous because the instant disappearance of symptoms and spotting is what made me know something was wrong the with the first pregnancy. I’m trying to tell myself everything is ok because I don’t have any cramps and I’m not bleeding. I kind of want my nausea back just to ease my mind. 

I have my first appointment on Tuesday so i have to find something to keep me busy for the next couple of days. I feel this is going to be hard!

No rants just TRYING to take each day as it comes without losing my mind. I never knew MC was so common and honestly glad that this group exist. I’m hoping that I make it to December with a healthy baby as well as everyone in this group. 

Favorite trips would have to be Dubai and Costa Rica. 

I’ve had 1 loss (1st pregnancy) and 1 full term birth. This is a sort of surprise pregnancy. I quit being careful as we were casually thinking about maybe having another and then I ended up pregnant lol. My loss was diagnosed at about 7 weeks. I don’t think they ever told me if there was a baby, blighted ovum or anything. I just remember them saying it wasn’t viable. I miscarried naturally about 2 weeks later. 

Today I am 4w4d. Haven’t had a dr. appt yet, but I don’t imagine in changing

I legit feel like I’ve been pregnant for 2 months when I’ve only known for a week! Everyday I worry...My boobs are SUPER sore and I’m already start to feel queasy if I don’t eat something every couple of hours. I’m pretty tired as well. I’m hoping all of it is a sign everything is fine
    . I don’t remember being symptomatic with the miscarriage I had. But it was 6 years ago. 
     First Dr. appt is this coming Wednesday. I have this fear that they will have me pee on a stick and it will be negative. I will probably pee on a stick hat morning just to ease my
     mind

we are in in the process of building a home, so we went met with a designer who put together some awesome things for us!

Im annoyed at my husband because he refuses to acknowledge im pregnant. He says it’s because he doesn’t know if it’s going to last, so it’s a protective mechanism. But it makes it hard for me to feel optimistic and excited when he isn’t. And, in the event we do lose him/her, I don’t want to be alone in my grief.

Probably one one of our Cabo trips. We always had a blast in Cabo and crazy things happened every time! On our honeymoon, our luggage got lost, so we decided to just get wasted to quit from being pissed. So, we did, then decided to go stand in front of the ocean. I had my sunglasses in my hand and my hubby said “don’t drop those”. I argued with him that I wouldn’t, then promptly dropped them right as a wave came in. So of course, they were swept away, but we frantically started feeling around anyway. Suddenly my husband says “found them!” But they weren’t mine, they were a different pair!!! Lol
  • Hey @maureenmce can you edit this post’s title to include the original date? It’s turning into a zombie thread with these newbs keep bringing it back to life. 

Anniversary