December 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check In (Pregnant After A Loss) w/o March 28th - check out the newest thread instead!

maureenmcemaureenmce member
edited April 2018 in December 2018 Moms
Hi all! I am so happy to be starting this thread because I really need it today!  Please join me, any ladies who have had losses. The PGAL check in can be such a strong and valuable community as we go through the anxiety and fears (and excitement and hope!) of going through a pregnancy after a loss.

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned. With this general warning up top, I don't think we need to use TWs throughout this thread - thoughts?** 

1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up?

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)?

4. Any appointments this week?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

6. GTKY: What's your favorite trip you've ever taken? 

Re: PGAL Check In (Pregnant After A Loss) w/o March 28th - check out the newest thread instead!

• Options
    edited March 2018
    1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    MMC confirmed on 9.18.17 at 9 weeks (baby stopped growing at around 6) then failed medication, then D and C on October 9th. Second miscarriage at 4.5 weeks in early February of this year.

I am only 3 week and 5 days, so still very early days. Looking forward to getting past 4.5 weeks, which was my most recent loss. But, of course, the main milestone that I'm obsessing about is making it through an ultrasound and seeing a heartbeat. But that's not for another few weeks (which feels like forever.)

Symptoms are still mild, since I'm so early on, which, of course, makes me nervous, even though I logically know I'm not even four weeks yet and that's normal. 

Second round of betas today. Cannot wait to find out the results. I'm really, really nervous.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 
    I feel like I can't focus on anything else but this pregnancy, which is unfortunate, because I have a giant writing project I'm working on with a huge deadline and I can. not. focus. I'm hoping getting my beta results today or tomorrow will help me just relax and let things happen as they will.

Probably my elopement/honeymoon in Scotland. It was the first week of spring, but it was their coldest spring in 50 years, so it snowed, a lot! (Including on our wedding day!) It was just so magical and cozy and romantic. I think about that trip all the time.
  • Options
    I’m ok with a general TW up top.

1. Helloooo! I needed this today too, although I think I’ll be anxious until my appt on the 14th. I had a stillbirth in Nov of 2016 and a CP in January. Our son was born healthy in sept of 2017.

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up? 4+2, just my first appt

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)? Really hungry, really irritable and really anxious. I had some cramping yesterday and I’m trying to put it out of my mind. I’ve been taking pregnancy tests every day and the line doesn’t seem to be getting darker and I know i should probably just stop. We’ve been trying for 8 months though so add that on top of PGAL nerves and I’m a ball of anxiety. 

4. Any appointments this week? Nope

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Nothing really, just trying to keep it together
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maureenmce Fingers crossed for good test results!
  • Options
    @westcoastfoodie I'm so sorry for your losses. I've been irritable too and I'm hoping that's a good sign and a symptom and not just the anxiety getting to me. I've been taking tests daily too and I decided to stop today because I think it's messing with my head and I know from my personal experience, positive, even dark lines are no guarantee of a good outcome anyway. (Though it's tough to stop because at home tests are the only thing at our disposal right now to actually do, other than wait!)

But as for your anxiety about lines getting darker, it's good to remember that hcg only doubles every 48 hours, if I'm remembering correctly, so you may not get a much darker test from one day to the next (also with fluctuation of urine concentration, etc.) Try not to psych yourself out (I know it's hard.) I hope time flies between now and your first appointment. I'm trying to give myself mini milestones I will celebrate to get to that point - like, at 4 weeks (Friday) I'm going to make a ticker, at 5 weeks I will have made it past my most recent loss, at 6 weeks I'm only about 1 week from my appointment, etc. It's been helping a little to break up the time into smaller chunks to get through.
  • Options
    Hello!

Well as I mentioned in my intro, I'm 35. I have one 4 yr old girl. Our second pregnancy ended over Christmas time .I went in to the ER due to bleeding at 7.5 weeks and ultrasound showed that it stopped developing at 5 weeks .  

Tomorrow makes 4 weeks .I just had an appt today to confirm the pregnancy .they took blood to check my hcg level and progesterone and I should be hearing back tomorrow. 

I haven't really had many symptoms yet much. I had a bit of nausea for a few minutes yesterday. I want to be excited but also scared as well .  I know things can happen at any time during a pregnancy so of course most of us are probably never completely worry free. I know I wasn't the first time but mannn.... I'll have such a sigh of relief when I get to the 2nd trimester. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @GoyaBean913 I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you mean about not being able to wait until that second trimester and being able to breathe a sigh of relief! I literally texted my husband the date of the second trimester today, I've been so focused on it (even though I'm only 3 weeks 5 days and it's uh...far away.) Anyway, good luck with your test results tomorrow. Keep us posted! I just had my first wave of mild nausea as well, but other than that, I'm pretty symptom free other than being tired and irritable (which, I confess, isn't THAT different than my exhausted working mama norm, haha.) Fingers crossed for all of us.
  • Options
    @GoyaBean913 I’m so sorry for your loss and hope you get good results back. 

I don’t know why it’s tagging all weird for me, but thank you for your advice and reassurance, it really did help today! ❤️  @maureenmce
  • Options
    @westcoastfoodie Oh I'm glad! Hope you're feeling less anxious today!
  • Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    edited March 2018
    1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.  Hey y'all.  This is my third pregnancy and I've had one loss. My first pregnancy was diagnosed at my 8 week ultrasound.  Baby measured 7w5d with no heartbeat :( I had a D&C in August 2014.  Went on to get pregnant again in Oct of 2014 and delivered a healthy boy in August of 2015.

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up? 4w4d.  I'd like to get past the 5 week mark for for some reason.  Really looking forward to a happy 8 week appointment, then of course, second tri!

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)? I think I'm a bit tired, but my symptoms didn't really kick in until 5 weeks.  Anxiety wise, every time I go to the restroom I'm nervous :(

4. Any appointments this week? None this week

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): I have a PCP appointment to check my thyroid levels.  I'm coming off of an antidepressant, so hopefully this pregnancy will keep me chipper.

6. GTKY: What's your favorite trip you've ever taken? My honeymoon to Kauai! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    edited March 2018
    @maureenmce Praying for great beta results!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Hello, I'm Ashley. I have 2 boys ages 2.5 and 8. I had 3 losses between them, 1 MMC, 1 ectopic (resulting in a tube loss) and an early loss. 
    3 weeks 6 days today, EDD Dec 7th

Physically in feeling pretty normal, boobs hurt a little. Emotionally I still can't believe it, wasn't really prepared for it to happen so fast but also about 1,000x's less anxious then with my Rainbow baby (2.5 year old). It's weird but very welcome.

Nothing until April 10th

I make YouTube videos and I made one about finding out, telling my husband, my feelings, etc. I'm not posting it for a long time but it felt so good to speak about it. I refuse to tell anyone, even my immediate family until at least 12 weeks.

Last summer we took a trip to Romania, Italy and Germany, it was so much fun!

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.  Hello!  Cautiously expecting #2.  My son is 4 years old.  We had an early loss before we conceived him in 2013.  I have PCOS and have a hard time getting pregnant in general, considering I only have a few periods a year.  Frustrating.  Hopeful with this sweet little one and taking it day by day.

2. How far along are you? Any milestones coming up? 4 weeks 3 days, due Dec 5th.  Had two betas this week and my numbers are rising like they should.  So that's one step in the right direction.

3. How are you feeling (symptom or anxiety wise)?  Little symptoms right now...a little bit of mild cramping and a tiny wave of nausea here and there.  Weirdly looking forward to more symptoms, as it somehow calms my nerves to have the pregnant feeling.  

4. Any appointments this week?  next appointment is April 18th - first ultrasound appt

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Just trying to be productive and not obsess about all things pregnancy all day long.  Blah.  These first few weeks are so hard!

6. GTKY: What's your favorite trip you've ever taken?  Probably just our low-key family beach vacations every year.  We aren't fancy people and are more homebodies.  So we like the relaxed family trips over the bigger and busier trips we have taken.  Way too boring for our 30s. Lol
  • Options
    Welcome @mara005 I'm glad you're feeling less anxious this time around. I'm feeling weirdly good about this pregnancy, which I didn't expect after two losses, BUT then I'll have moments of complete anxiety, so it's been kind of up and down. But I do feel good overall about it. (With fingers crossed hard.)

@littlewhitecottage Yay for good beta results! And I know the feeling about wanting strong symptoms (even if they suck.) I've been feeling symptoms earlier than with DD but no real morning sickness yet, and I can't wait (even though I HATE morning sickness.) 
  • Options
    @maureenmce Yes. There is something so reassuring about that morning sickness. Like I hate it but I welcome it. Pregnant people are weird. ;) I’ve already warned my husband that I will be a handful until that first appointment and then again until after first tri. He’s just going to have to deal. Lol
  • Options
    Hi there, I’m 42 years old and work in NYC. I had a loss in 2012, followed by fibroid surgery and had my daughter in 2013 (she’ll be 5 in two months).  I had another loss in 2015 and ended up going through fertility treatments. We did two rounds of egg retrievals and nothing was ever viable. To say this is a surprise would be an understatement! I also just got over a really bad flare with my ulcerative colitis, so the timing is crazy. 

I’ll be five weeks tomorrow. 

So far, waves of nausea that keep coming and going. I’m bizarrely calm about the pregnancy and not knowing the outcome. As we’ve had so many challenges, I now better than to get excited. 

I’m hoping my old reproductive endocrinologist will be willing to see me and run some tests. If it isn’t viable, we want to know sooner than later. 

We are in the middle of selling our house. It actually gets listed on Monday. Talk about timing!

6. GTKY: What's your favorite trip you've ever taken? The Philippines - my husband is from there. Beautiful country!
  • Options
    Hiii... Very cautiously here. I am not even ready to intro on the main board yet. I had an early loss in december that resulted in a D&C (spent a short amount of time on the Aug18 bmb). It was my first pregnancy so I was fully unprepared for the devastation of a loss, especially so early. 

I think 3w5d-ish... not 100% sure because i think i O'd early and don't have a consistent cycle anyway. First milestone is just getting to 6 weeks, that will be the record! 

Symptoms are pretty minimal. Some sore nipples, after I saw my BFP of course now i feel like my uterus is very busy (things I wouldn't even have noticed otherwise). As far as anxiety.... like I said I am cautiously optimistic, there is no reason to think that this pregnancy will end, but I also don't want to get my hopes up yet. 

Nope, haven't even called the Dr. I will later this week

So of course last week I scheduled a jaw surgery that would require anesthesia for may 2. Obviously I wont be able to do that preg, but if this doesn't work out I want to have the surgery ASAP. Will probably wait a week or 2 before I cancel (I hope that doesn't jinx me!) 

I love taking trips! Not sure I have a favorite, but definitely in the top tier is spending 2 months in Scandinavia, with some side trips to Berlin and Prague. 
  • Options
    @nolabelle10 My husband us Filipino!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    morgantu said:
    Hiii... Very cautiously here. I am not even ready to intro on the main board yet. I had an early loss in december that resulted in a D&C (spent a short amount of time on the Aug18 bmb). It was my first pregnancy so I was fully unprepared for the devastation of a loss, especially so early. 

I think 3w5d-ish... not 100% sure because i think i O'd early and don't have a consistent cycle anyway. First milestone is just getting to 6 weeks, that will be the record! 

Symptoms are pretty minimal. Some sore nipples, after I saw my BFP of course now i feel like my uterus is very busy (things I wouldn't even have noticed otherwise). As far as anxiety.... like I said I am cautiously optimistic, there is no reason to think that this pregnancy will end, but I also don't want to get my hopes up yet. 

Nope, haven't even called the Dr. I will later this week

So of course last week I scheduled a jaw surgery that would require anesthesia for may 2. Obviously I wont be able to do that preg, but if this doesn't work out I want to have the surgery ASAP. Will probably wait a week or 2 before I cancel (I hope that doesn't jinx me!) 

I love taking trips! Not sure I have a favorite, but definitely in the top tier is spending 2 months in Scandinavia, with some side trips to Berlin and Prague. 

Hi there. 

It looks like we have something In common. I was originally in the August 2018 group as well and had to pull away early.  My MC happened in December as well. Hoping for sticky babies for both of us this time around.

• Options
    @GoyaBean913 So glad we both made it back! Fx for us staying here together! xox
  • Options
    Hi ladies :)  Also not ready to intro on the main board yet but wanted some support because PGAL brain is a bitch.  I've had 3 losses since December, a MMC that was discovered at 9 weeks (baby stopped growing at 7w4d) and two CPs in February and March.

Still really early.  3w4d.  If I make it to 5 weeks I'll be past my CP milestones, next hurdle will be 8 weeks.

No real symptoms except sore nips and crazy dreams already.  Feeling really anxious about another early loss, I may or may not have taken 4 different brands of pregnancy tests this morning.  Slightly darker lines than yesterday but still really nervous.   

Going to try and get in for betas tomorrow.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Worried about being able to finish up my internship and do a good job with nausea and doctors appointments (or dealing with another loss during it).  

Surprised a friend for her 30th birthday last summer, her SO paid for me and another friend to fly down there and rented a house on the beach for the weekend.  Got to spend a week with my BFFs just hanging out, having drinks, and eating good food.  It was awesome. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @coco2787 So many prayers for sticky rainbow baby!!!!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @coco2787 ...I have been a lurker on ttcal since my MC- happy to see you here and hoping for the best! 
  • Options
    @coco2787 I am SO EXCITED to see you here, friend! <3<3<3 Sending you all the good vibes for the stickiest of beans! Keep us posted with your beta numbers!
  • Options
    How many HPTs can one person take?!?!?! I'm pregnant! At least for now, but it seems like my brain won't let me believe it, so I have to keep checking. Like, obsessively. The first time I was KU I took 2 tests. One dye, one digi just to confirm. Oh how times have changed in a few short months lol. 
  • Options
    morgantu said:
    How many HPTs can one person take?!?!?! I'm pregnant! At least for now, but it seems like my brain won't let me believe it, so I have to keep checking. Like, obsessively. The first time I was KU I took 2 tests. One dye, one digi just to confirm. Oh how times have changed in a few short months lol. 
    I've been resisting but it's hard! I have my second blood draw today. I'll find out results tomorrow. If all is well and they won't see me again until my first appt at 8 weeks I can guarantee I'll be buying more tests in that time lol. 
  • Options
    I'm trying to just rely on my body to do what it's going to do.  I took 3 initially, but I've hit a wall.  That hasn't stopped me from googling all the things, though.  Hugs, y'all. This is hard.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Had a kind of scary experience last night - I had a very stressful, late night at work and as I was walking to my car I had the feeling of Braxton Hicks (I know it can't be that, it's too early by a lot, but that's exactly what it felt like!) So, I had this tight feeling in my abdomen and a fluttery feeling that made me nauseous. I just instantly became terrified I was losing the pregnancy and got so upset. It lasted a couple of hours. I rested on the couch and had water but that didn't do anything to help. It's finally gone after a night of sleep but I still feel terrified. I'm hoping it's just normal stretching and growing but I'm so scared and upset. I hate that I have three weeks to go to find out if this pregnancy is going okay, but I just need to take big breaths and deal with it. As you guys were saying this is just so hard. :(
  • Options
    @maureenmce That sounds so terrifying! I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope the next 3 weeks flies by (lol, yeah right)
  • Options
    morgantu said:
    @maureenmce That sounds so terrifying! I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope the next 3 weeks flies by (lol, yeah right)
    Ugh isn't that the toughest thing? The first tri goes so slow as it is, then we add in all of our worries. 
  • Options
    @maureenmce Ugh I'm so sorry that you had that happen.  Remember that there's so much going on in our bodies...it's most likely just the stretching and growing.  I heard somewhere (I have no clue if this is truth) that as a STM+, it's like our bodies know what to do so they start stretching and growing sooner.  Again, I don't know how scientific that is, but it brings me comfort when I have extra pinching/stretching feelings.  HUGS.  This is hard.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Thanks SO much for the support, ladies. I just had a good appointment with my endocrinologist who manages my thyroid autoimmune disease, which is helping calm my nerves a bit. (With my MMC in the fall my thyroid numbers had jumped way out of range, but everything is normal right now, so I'm using that information to help assure me that it's just normal stretching and growing.) Just taking deep breaths and trying to relax.

@GoyaBean913 Keep us posted with your results tomorrow! Sending you good thoughts!!

@morgantu Thank you! I hope time flies for all of us (even though it will probably feel like it's crawling. Ugh, first trimester!!!)

@littlewhitecottage Thanks so much. I've heard the same thing, and since, including losses, this is technically my 4th pregnancy, maybe my body *really* knows what to do and is kicking into high gear asap! I am feeling symptoms earlier than usual for me, so I'm going to hope that's the case. 
  • Options
    @maureenmce Prayers that all is well!  All these pokes and pinches and cramps and flutters.  Man. Too much.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    Ugh, my doctor wants me to wait until I get to 4 weeks before doing betas because of my 2 losses right around the 4 week mark. So not getting my first beta until Friday morning, and repeat will be done on Tuesday and will be calculated x4.   This is going to be a long week.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    nerdeebirdnerdeebird member
    edited April 2018

Hi everyone, I too am very cautiously here and not ready to join the main intro board. I'm 28 and we started trying for our first at the end of last year. I was very briefly in the November BM group (formerly known as ecologyphdmama) before having an early loss at 5 weeks. It was really emotionally draining, I had really fully invested when I saw that first positive and hadn't even fathomed that I would lose it. I'm a full time graduate student and we needed to get pregnant this year for it to work with my research schedule, so we decided to try again right away one last time before taking a break. And low and behold we are here again! I have another positive! I am trying to be optimistic but cautious too...DH doesn't even want me to take any HPTs until I'm a little further along but I cannot help myself! 

I am 3 weeks 6 days. I took two cheapy tests at 10 dpo (risky decision) on Sunday and had some faint positives. Resisted the urge to take another yesterday, but did get a darker positive today. AF is due Thursday so that's a big milestone for me. I am also waiting until Sunday (which will hopefully be 3 days after my missed period to use my last first response early detection - I have been holding off as if it's this magic wand and once I pee on it, it will seal the deal! lol). I am also waiting for the 5 week mark, which is when I had my loss last month. But really I just want to be at 8 weeks already so I can have a doctor appointment to confirm everything is alright!

I'm having some very slight cramping which I am trying to not psych myself out about. I didn't get it last month so I am telling myself it's a good sign. I am actually managing the anxiety pretty well and trying to stay hopeful. 

None. Hopefully next week I'll call my GP to get a referral to an obgyn

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): I have started some field research for my graduate program this week which has been a great distraction. It also gets me outdoors in the fresh air and gets me a little more active. I also LOVE my new undergraduate interns that are helping me out. They are so great and enthusiastic, which always makes the long hours easier to deal with. I am nervous about getting MS in the coming weeks and how I'll cope but maybe I'll be one of the lucky few who doesn't get it? HA! I'm also nervous because I do some brief heavy lifting, but there's not a real way to avoid it. I'm hoping it's not that big a deal in the first trimester...?

Oh gosh that's so hard. DH and I love to travel. Last year we got to visit Japan which was just absolutely amazing! 

**also I'm sorry for such a long post! I think it just feels good to talk it all out since we really haven't told anyone we're trying, or about the loss we had! 
  • Options
    @maureenmce I’m sorry you had that scare but I’m glad everything is okay and you had a good endocrinologist appointment.  It’s so hard not to panic at every little twinge.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    I had a loss 2 years ago and I keep reading everyone's postand the one thing that's confusing me is the time of everyones first appointment. My Dr won't even seen me until 12 weeks... Is that wierd? First the 2 week wait now the 8 week one ugh.

• Options
    @coco2787 So sorry you have to wait more for your beta tests. Hope the time goes by quickly. Keep us posted on the results. Sending you good thoughts!

@wackers87 I think it depends a lot on the practice (and the country where you're located - are you in the US?) Have you asked to been seen earlier and reminded your OB of your loss history? Sometimes they can be flexible. For my OB, even with loss, she doesn't typically like to see people before 7 weeks, since dates can be off and she doesn't like limbo where you don't know if you're too early or there's no heartbeat. I could push to be seen earlier because I hate the wait, but since I was in that exact limbo position with my MMC, I do appreciate the clarity, I suppose and I'll stick with her idea of seeing me at 7 weeks and 4 days. 
  • Options
    @wackers87 I don't think it's necessarily weird. The practice I go to does the first appointment at 7-8 weeks to do an ultrasound to check for heartbeat. But it's with their nurse practitioner or midwife. They don't consider it my first official prenatal appointment which they do 2-3 weeks later with one of the doctors. From what I've read it's normal to have the first appointment anywhere from 8-12 weeks. The benefit of having it later is it is easier to find the heartbeat! But I know the wait can be rough! 
  • Options
    @maureenmce @nerdeebird I live in Iowa. I have decided to use my primary care provider until 28 weeks then switch to an obvious due to the bad experience I had with the on when I had my mc.

• Options
    LuthyLuthy member
    Hi. I had a MMC and d&c in May 2012 a little after 9 weeks. I have since had two healthy pregnancies but the anxiety never goes away. All three of my pregnancies involved copious amounts of bleeding, but I haven't had so much as a spot this time, which I hope is a good sign. I don't really know how far along I am because I have wacky cycles but my beta was 200 a week ago and I've only gotten sicker since so I'm hoping for the best :) I'm at a new doctor this time and they don't want to see me till the end of the month which is pretty stressful and new for me, my previous doctors always saw me very early because of the bleeding, but I guess I should be grateful to be normal for once!