October 2018 Moms

Free baby stuff

Re: Free baby stuff

• Bandana style bib?
  • Ahh bib! Could be! Are there bandana style bibs? Odd style. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @SweetSweetTooth

Yes, there are bandana style bibs. They are ment to catch drool. Some come with a rubber/silicone corner for chewing.
  • Bib, maybe?
  • I'd say bib too.
  • @kiwi2628 Thank you! I appreciate you sharing and I agree with @hannat8516 - it helps me get realistic ideas and I feel like there's always something on someone else's registry that's totally necessary but slipped right by me and I forgot to include.   

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• @SweetSweetTooth, what they all said. It's a bib. From my understanding, they're supposed to be really useful for when baby is teething and drooling a lot.
  • Thank you all!!!!  :) 
  • Ordered the walmart box today too. Noobie box should be here today.
  • Got my noobie box and babylist box yesterday, Amazon is on the way! Considering doing Target as well. 
  • sammierose464sammierose464 member
    edited April 2018
    I was a little disappointed with the Noobie box too. I expected a piece of clothing or bib. It did come with a mam bottle though.

Edit it's the same as what @Laumb11 showed in her pic.
  • @kiwi2628 what size(s) did you put for the clothing? Even for the Halo swaddle I'm not sure what size to ask for
  • @chopchop25 I put 0-3 and 3-6. I figure he will either start out as a 0-3 month right away, or if he doesn't, I will have clothes he can grow into. I want to minimize people buying me NB onesies in case he is a bigger baby- I dont want 20 outfits all NB size only for him to grow out of them after 5 days. I have amazon prime, so I plan on having like 3 NB onesies and if he is on the small size I will prime some NB onesies and they will be at my house the day I leave the hospital.
  • I tried for the Walmart box earlier but I haven't gotten anything yet. Anyone know how long that one takes? I tried again today and it said I already registered for one so I know I did it and didn't stop part way! 
    I ordered mine yesterday and it mentioned to "please give 5-8 weeks for shipping."

• Thank you! Really wish I could remrmwhen I ordered it! It has probably been less than that amount of time lol 
  • edited April 2018

@beccajean71 @drurose @kiwi2628 @ everyone who did the amazon box

I made my registry on Amazon and made my $10 purchase but how do I mark the categories as complete or not needed so I can get my welcome box? it shows at 27% complete but I don't know how to finish it.

Edited to add - @chopchop25 helped me out and I completed it. Bring on the welcome box!

• The babylist box is SUPER overrated guys. Can't wait for my amazon and target boxes so I feel less disappointed
  • That's a bummer @kiwi2628

@sarahzett at the top of the registry checklist there are different tabs. In each tab, just check the boxes that aren't filled in yet. Or, add something from each of the boxes (you could always delete later)
  • @chopchop25 thank you!

• kiwi2628 said:
    The babylist box is SUPER overrated guys. Can't wait for my amazon and target boxes so I feel less disappointed
    Is it worth the effort to get one?
  • edited April 2018

@sammierose464 - I'll probably just skip that one. Thanks for the heads up!

• @sammierose464 I mean it didnt take much effort to get one, but inside is a small pampers bag that has one single diaper in it and a tiny pack of wipes, there is a travel size cetaphil tube and one other cetaphil thing and a bottle. Whoop-dee-do
  • My free teether from Amazon came today, I had to order $10 off my registry to get it. The box should be here Monday. I think I may have gotten the free gift since I did it before I was a Prime member. They have a free kindle book for prime members too, but of course the one i want is unavailable...

At Target do I just go to customer service and tell them I have a registry?
  • @sammierose464 re: Target - yup, they didn't even ask for our registry info
  • Guys, does it make me a terrible person if I put something on my Amazon registry that I was going to buy myself anyway?? To be fair...I feel like comfy cotton undies are essential pregnancy items, *TMI* 'cause ain't nobody want a yeast infection, amirite?
  • I went to Target to get my bag (and a few small things for my trip). They were out, but I still spent plenty!
  • @kiwi2628 - You got a bottle in yours?  Then yours beat mine....
  • I was disappointed with Buy Buy Baby. The Pampers bag (single diaper with wipes) and packets of lotion and baby has a wash.

@kiwi2628
    Your Baby list box sound like mine. Was is a silicone boon bottle?
  • rc-colarc-cola member
    edited April 2018
    I’d say neither noobie nor baby list are worth it (though my baby list also  came with the bottle) but the target and amazon definitely are worth doing the registry. I only put one thing on my target registry and they gave me the bag without a word.

eta: I don’t think it’s unethical to sign up just for the free stuff. That’s why they do it! Their hope is it will cause us to actually use them for the registry. I’m certainly more likely to use target or amazon over babylist at this point.
  • Has anyone signed up for everyday family?  I keep seeing their ads, and was wondering what the deal is. 
  • @knottieamusements I think everyday family is mostly spam email. I signed up for it but haven't really paid attention to the numerous coupon emails.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    I second @sammierose464.  I quickly unsubscribed 
  • edited April 2018
    Got my 'bag' from Target for setting up a registry! Got a Dr. Browns bottle that was talked about on some post mentioning bottles! So excited as I already have 3 avent bottles.
    edit for spelling
  • Guys, does it make me a terrible person if I put something on my Amazon registry that I was going to buy myself anyway?? To be fair...I feel like comfy cotton undies are essential pregnancy items, *TMI* 'cause ain't nobody want a yeast infection, amirite?
    I did the same thing.  Added shampoo for my kids since they were out
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Not baby stuff... but I have heard these are easier to use after birth (at home when the hospital gigantic pads run out) and you can get two free sent to you! https://www.depend.com/en-us/samples Also check out https://try.hexanow.com/ you can get 10 for just like $3 shipping. 
  • Not baby stuff... but I have heard these are easier to use after birth (at home when the hospital gigantic pads run out) and you can get two free sent to you! https://www.depend.com/en-us/samples Also check out https://try.hexanow.com/ you can get 10 for just like $3 shipping. 
    I don't know why I didn't think about all of the bleeding post partum before I got pregnant. I think I'm more worried about recovery...
  • @sammierose464 Postpartum bleeding varies so much person to person. I was prepared to feel like I was bleeding out from other people’s comments. It really wasn’t that bad. I actually had to go buy smaller pads because the big giant ones I got were seriously overkill after I used up my hospital supply.