STM+ Check In 3/26

2»

Re: STM+ Check In 3/26

• Options
    meltonjlmeltonjl member
    edited March 2018
    1. How far along are you?
    12w2d
    2. How do your symptoms so far compare to your previous pregnancy(ies)?
    Nausea is the same. Nothing seems to help. No vomiting but never vomited last time (even when I tried!) Anxiety is WAY worse on account of the constant guilt of feelings useless at home and at work. Exhaustion is letting up but I think that the unisom in the homemade diclegis is helping me sleep better now.  The exhaustion relief came sooner last time but I think the toddler adds to it. 
    3. What do you drive and have you thought about fitting an extra car seat in it or not yet?
    Mercedes ML350. We haven’t discussed but now that it has been brought to my attention maybe I should think about it! DH drives an Acura TSX. If anything we will need to replace that next. 
    4. Mama Drama? Tell us about it! 
    Sigh. The biggest thing for me right now is trying to keep my 23 month old entertained while I feel like poo on the weekends. He’s also acting out a lot when I pick him up from school. He refuses to listen and hits and kicks. The teachers say he behaves fine until I get there. Lastly, he usually an AMAZING eater. Hasn’t eaten much the last few days. Oh, and did I mention we spent Friday night in the ER because he fell outside and hit his head on our front step. Here we are four stitches later. 

Maybe I should have posted this on Monday BF...even though it’s Tuesday. 
    :# 
  • Options
    9 weeks 2 days

My nausea is far worse this time, and the never ending headache kind of sucks.

3. What do you drive and have you thought about fitting an extra car seat in it or not yet?
    I have intractable epilepsy, so I don't drive. But we have a mini van and have lredy figured out carseat and all that.

My almost 2yo is having full on meltdown crying tantrums if someone breathes wrong at him. Where did my happy go lucky baby go?! 
    Also, my niece lives with us, and is on spring break. She is just driving me crazy! She want keep her hand to herself and leave DS alone. I'm ready for her to go back to school!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. How far along are you? 11 weeks and a few days

This one is way worse. Sick, tired and not motivated to do anything.

I drive a Toyota Corolla so essentially it will be fine for 2 kids but I would like to upgrade to something bigger. However my BF needs a new car before I do.

I plan on telling my ex husband about this pregnancy so that i can tell my son!
  • Options
    9w5d

I have more symptoms now than I ever had with my first, its crazy how different things are this time.

I drive a honda cr-v (2009). I am freaking out about this one. I really want to be able to use bucket seats and not struggle to reach in to buckle in 3 kiddos later on so that means mandatory vehicle upgrade I was not prepared for if things continue to go well. I literally just bought my cr-v not even 2 years ago. Tears. All the tears. 

None today, shockingly. 
  • Options
    11 weeks, 2 days

Hard to say! I’m tired, but I have a toddler now. My food aversions have been minimal, same as last time. My nausea seems to be lighter this time, but I can’t tell if that’s because it is, or I’m distracted by the cold I’ve been fighting for the past 10 days. 

We have a Pacifica, so we’re all good there! 

Not really, my kid’s been pretty chill lately, which has been great under the circumstances. I’m going stir crazy in this house though, so I’m hoping to feel better today so we can get out of here. He’s been pretty content with Moana and walking all over the house with stuff in his hands. That’s his latest obsession. He wants to carry all the things. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 10w6d today

2. How do your symptoms so far compare to your previous pregnancy? Bascially the same so far. I’ve been really lucky to escape the nausea/throwing up both times so far, so I’m thankful for that. I swear I’m more tired this time, but DH says I was just as bad last time so who knows. 

3. What do you drive and have you thought about fitting an extra car seat in it or not yet? We have a Subaru Outback, so I think we’ll be fine to fit another car seat in it. The only issue is right now DS’s seat is behind the passenger because DH is taller than me and needs his seat pretty far back. Not sure if we can make it fit behind the driver seat with DS still rear facing, so we’ll have to experiment with the recline angles to see. 

4. Mama Drama? Tell us about it!  I hate complaining because I feel like I’ve been super lucky with a pretty easygoing baby up till now, but DS just turned 2 a couple of weeks ago, and it seems like all of a sudden a switch flipped in him and now he’s a handful. He’s so strong willed sometimes and doesn’t like to listen to us, and I don’t have enough patience right now for it. Hopefully it’s just a phase and he gets over it. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? 10w4d 

2. How do your symptoms so far compare to your previous pregnancy(ies)? I am more tired this time (probably because I have a toddler and cant nap when I want anymore, haha) but less sick! I threw up for 9 weeks with my first and this time I get nauseous here and there but I've only thrown up twice so far! I've broken out like a teenager both times. I also have less aversions so far. I used to think boy because I've been less sick, but now I think girl because I want all the sweets again. I know that makes no sense, but it's what's in my head. haha

3. What do you drive and have you thought about fitting an extra car seat in it or not yet? We have a Honda Accord and a Tahoe- so we should be good with fitting in an extra car seat since this will be our second. 

4. Mama Drama? Tell us about it! My hormones are the drama. OMG. they are all over the freaking place. 
  • Options
    Ugh... Maybe it's the weather, but the children will be playing away, laughing and having fun, then BOOM! switch is flipped and world war III is starting up!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    I dropped the mama hammer yesterday. Any sign of disrespect toward me lands them in their room for the rest of the day. I am so sick of the grunting at me and telling me no when I say to do something and whining and talking back.  I am so done.  Any fighting gets them separated for the rest of the day and they are not allowed to talk to each other.  And I brought back nap time.  I gave 1 warning yesterday since it was new and reminded them of the rules this morning.  1 kid is now in his room for the rest of the day, but other than the outburst that landed him there it has been so peaceful here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It’s been a while since our last one, so here it is! Edited question 3.

9 weeks, 3 days

Just as tired, only occasionally queasy, and this time I am SO HUNGRY. I lost 10 lbs 1st trip wth my first two, this one I have already gained 2 lbs

Mazda CX-9. We will either put the baby in between the two other kids or put my oldest in the backseat in his booster

My mother and sister both told EVERYONE that we are expecting. I had to tell them to stop and to remind everyone they told that we are only 9 weeks so they all need to shut their traps.

also if I hear ONE MORE person say “oh! I hope you’ve a little girl!!!! Fingers crossed!” I’m going to lose my damn mind. I feel like everyone is going to be disappointed if this is a boy and I don’t want to deal with that every time we tell someone the sex if it is a boy.

• Options

12w4d

2. How do your symptoms so far compare to your previous pregnancy?

ummm pretty similar. No heartburn so far which is nice 

Explorer and yes...

my son is 20 months old and 30 lbs. he’s constantly crawling all over me and I try to catch myself and make sure he stays away. This morning in bed he stood on my stomach and I totally forgot I was pregnant. Now I’m paranoid I hurt the baby letting a 30 lb boy stand on my stomach for 20 seconds
  • Options
    10w 5d 

I'm more tired this time, but as previously mentioned, that could be because I have a toddler running around :). In regards to the constant nausea and food aversion, that seems to be the same but I don't remember it lasting this long.  Maybe I blocked it out haha. 

We drive a GMC Terrain and love it.  It might get a little tight with an additional carseat, but we'll be able to make it work.  

No real mama drama here...thank goodness!