November 2018 Moms

Symptoms (w/o 3/25)

Re: Symptoms (w/o 3/25)

• @babybrain2018 it doesn't "cure" it for long but I do feel instantly better for a good 15-20 minutes at least. Going to the store to get some ginger ale, jolly ranchers, mint life savers, etc this evening to hopefully help the non-stop nausea.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @babybrain2018 If it’s food poisoning, YOU WILL KNOW. I got food poisoning (for the first time) during my first pregnancy and it was absolute miserable hell. I don’t think you’d even be on message boards right now if you were that sick. It felt like an extreme flu (body aches, constant throwing up. I forced myself to eat a cracker so I’d have something to throw up. Less painful. ) for a day and half. Give yourself a couple of days and if you still don’t feel well, it might just be MS. Either way, I really hope you get some relief soon!!
  • Loading the player...
  • kieraann33kieraann33 member
    edited March 2018
    I am 7 weeks 4 days. I just started with the dry heaves/vomiting a couple days ago which actually helps the nausea for a bit  Today I have been nauseous all day with no relief. The first couple weeks I was extremely tired. That has gotten a bit better. The constipation is real, and I didn’t think it could get worse than how I was before I got pregnant. My nipples are extremely tender to the point where DH can’t squeeze too hard when he hugs me. And the dreams! My goodness the dreams...they are ridiculous. I don’t even know where some of these things come from that I am dreaming about. 

Also, came down with Strep Throat on Sunday so it’s been fun this week. There are some symptoms where it is hard to tel whether it is the Strep or pregnancy. Like the crazy sweating at night and headache/body aches. Oh how I am missing Ibuprofin/Aleve for relief with this. 
  • Oh, I have another fun one - shortness of breath! I get winded on my half mile walk to work from my parking garage, and also reading bedtime stories to my girls.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've never had food poisoning but I have had norovirus and if that's anything like food poisioning, you'll definitely know.  I also get maybe 30-45 minutes of relief from morning sickness before the nausea comes back.  I'd take puking and feeling at least temporarily better over 24/7 nausea any day.  
  • @runningyogimama Yes! I'm so breathless just going up my stairs at the house. DH looked concerned... haha. I tried to tell him it was normal but i don't think he believed me!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Anyone else have symptoms come and go. My soreness and sensitivity to my boibs have decreased significantly over the last two days but in exchange my gag is super senstive (vomitted after brushing my teeth yesterday). So many questions for my first appointment, I hate that most of us have to wait so long.
  • @jkmartin723, yes, totally normal for symptoms to come and go.  I know how you feel with the gag reflex... I am pretty sure I am going to have to switch to gummy prenatals again because of it (can't swallow pills now).  Toothbrush vomiting is such a catch-22 because afterwards, you want to brush your teeth again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jkmartin723jkmartin723 member
    edited March 2018
    @purelex Oh. good to know. I know, I'm actually threw up yesterday and today after my brushing my teeth... I'm trying out different things to see what works, different morning breakfasts etc, I'll keep you updated if I find something that works 
  • @jkmartin723 My boob soreness is getting worse. I wish it would go away. My husband thinks it’s too early for such things, maybe thinks I’m trying to make excuses  :D . Last night I took my bra off and the sudden loss of support about killed me.
  • The nausea has been on and off the last few days but a wave came over me in full force earlier and triggered my first puke episode.  I'm glad for the symptoms as reassurance but I'm not thrilled with puking starting at less than 6 weeks.  
  • @oaklandava I hope that for you- so much!!! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @oaklandava I am hoping so much that baby shows up Tuesday! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @oaklandava I agree!! Loving your spirit and FX the baby is doing its own thing at it's own time ❤
  • So I went from feeling like dying, crying from nausea yesterday, to feeling pretty awesome today. Some food aversion, but only the tiniest bit of nausea. 

I'm trying very hard to enjoy the reprieve, and not freak out. I'm sure it will be back full force soon. But it's hard not to panic. 
  • So my back went out a few nights ago which was awful, got some special medicinal patches for my back and am trying to refrain from picking up the clingy toddler (which is going SWIMMINGLY!).

I’ve got a constant dull nausea that persists most of the morning and am running out of breath by existing but otherwise can’t complain.  
  • So I just called my OB since I haven't actually talked pregnancy with them since 2015, and they told me that Loratadine is now on their okay list!

Image result for bunny happy dance gif

However, I also have a fever.  100.4 last night right before I took Tylenol, which reduced it to about 99.6; not looking forward to tonight since Day 2 is always the worst.  Supposed to call in for the after-hours doc if it gets past 100.4 while medicated.  Sigh.  

Image result for sad snoopy gif

I'm a first trimester fever magnet.  I had two fevers over 102 in my first pregnancy and here-we-go-again. 
  • Anyone else with tummy tenderness and off and on body aches. trying to figure out if I'm coming down with something or if this is just a part of the ride.*sigh. I called my OB, my appt is in 2 weeks and they said because I'm not an established patient they cant get me over to the nurse hotline and advised me to go to urgent care if I feel that is necessary.
  • @MouseMama817, sleep bras!  I bought some Medela nursing ones from Target and they are heavenly for just a bit of added support and can be used while breastfeeding later if you go that route.

@jkmartin723, it could be either one but I would say those are probably still pregnancy symptoms.  I have had body aches/soreness off and on, too.  Even if you are coming down with something, you'll just want to do the standard things like stay hydrated, rest more, etc.  Be careful about taking any meds, there are quite a few standard ones not recommended during pregnancy.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Fatigue for me! Also sore breasts and constant hunger. I eat a full meal and find myself eyeing the pickle jar 15 minutes later. Also I'm always using the bathroom and some back pain from standing all day at work. 
  • Hi ladies! Do your symptoms seem to come and go? Some days my breast soreness is pretty bad, today they feel almost normal. 
  • I cried because I was craving a whopper and BK doesn’t serve lunch until 10:30. I’m sick as a dog in the afternoon (yay!). I cry every time I look at my youngest... I’m a hot mess, that’s for sure. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ginny_203 I said in an earlier post that my sore boobs were here to stay but I spoke too soon lol. Today they're not as bad. 
    @EM0704 I'm mad at BK for giving me soggy fries when I was craving their usually crisp ones. Now the thought of fries grosses me out. Nice work, Burger King. I hope you feel better though and that you get that whopper before the MS hits!
  • jkmartin723jkmartin723 member
    edited March 2018
    UTIs and Antibiotics anyone?

Called OB today with my symptoms they suggested urgent care, so I went. I have a UTI and they prescribed antibiotics, although since it was urgent care and not OB speciality they were trying to figure out which antibiotic and regimen would be safe *ugh. Anyone else take antibiotics early in pregnancy? I've always wanted to stay clear of antibiotics if I could, so kinda having a hard time with this.

• @jkmartin723 here is a list of drug information for just about every medication from the FDA. Always a good idea to talk to your OB about any medication, and see if it is category B, C, D, etc. My sister had a uti during her last pregnancy, and was accidentally prescribed the wrong antibiotic. It ended up being fine, but it was a scary situation. 

https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm085729.htm

• @lifesabeach85 Thanks so much!!! I called my OB as well and should be hearing back by the end of today. So many questions all the time, I find this forum so helpful!
  • @jkmartin723 I had a UTI a few weeks ago. My doc prescribed meds that are safe for pregnancy, though not the most effective for a UTI. (Since Cipro is apparently less safe)  Seems to have worked though. 
    I was also on penicillin for strep at the very beginning (conception through first 10 days). Which is apparently totally safe for pregnancy. (but not effective on UTIs)
  • also i've been wondering if anyone has the "horny" symptom of pregnancy??  I have only heard that this is a possible symptom but any mom I know (virtual or IRL) has always just been so turned off to sex while pregnant...so just curious if this is a real thing or just something men hope for lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @erinmarie86 It’s a real thing. Some mamas in the FFFC thread are suffering right now lol. For me it didn’t hit until the 2nd trimester. 
  • I'm trying to relax and not panic. But I had 2 days of BRUTAL nausea on Tuesday and Wednesday. But since then, I've been feeling a lot better. 
    Mild nausea on and off through the day. Still exhausted, but with weird bursts of energy. Still having insane dreams. So still have symptoms, but they've backed off compared to last week.
    I did have a "chat" with little bean on Wednesday, asking him/her to ease off the nausea just a little bit.
    But I know it's not supposed to get better until the 12 week mark. And the doc told me if it went away before that, it was a bad sign. 
    It's still there, but so much better that I'm scared. 
    I know whatever happens is out of my control. But that doesn't help haha.
    3+ more weeks until my next appointment. Tips to relax and stop freaking out?
  • @Babybrain2018, I've been the same way. At first I was nervous I didn't have any MS and the BAM it hurt super hard, it sort of comes and goes, my boobs are also no longer sore at all (which of course is worrisome). I've talked with a few other mommies who have said they had good days and not good days throughout the first trimester, I just keep telling myself some things will probably come and go and just try to relax my body until the next appointment (another 2 weeks!). I'm sure we are fine, maybe watch a new series or read a new book to help calm the mind?
  • @TheSouffleGirl I’m right there sneezing with you. I worked 2 Easter egg hunts today and was sneezing like crazy. My approved medication list says “Claritin, Zyrtec (without the D),” and a few more. Well we have non expired Claritin D in the house. I took it. Most of the websites said it’s ok. I’ve never had allergies. It’s not helping that much so I’m not sure if I’ll take more but hopefully you got relief. I’m trying to clean the house for our guests tomorrow and I’m so congested, sneezy, and teary eyed!
  • @babybrain2018 I completely know understand your nerves. I was so nauseous this week but today has been not bad at all. I’m hoping baby is just giving me an early reprieve and nothing else is wrong. I’m only 8+4 so it is too early for my MS to be completely
    gone if comparing to precious babies. It’s so hard not to be nervous! The chart @lifesabeach85 shared helps me a lot. And I just try to take each day as it comes. That’s not much help, but know you aren’t alone!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @lifesabeach85 that chart is amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing.

@babybrain2018 my symptoms definitely come and go and did during my last full term pregnancy. Although it can be alarming, keep in mind it is usually short lived. Just as soon as you start panicking that the symptoms are gone, they flare back up with a vengeance.  To distract yourself, consider things that you have been doing that might be making you feel better. Less nausea? What did you eat recently that might have settled well? Less fatigue? Were you balancing your time better or giving yourself more breaks? Less boob tenderness? Better supportive bra maybe? Tell yourself to track those tidbits so you can use them again next time your symptoms flare up and then again later in the pregnancy when you are feeling worn down again. 
  • Never in my life have I been happier to have even a small amount of nausea yesterday and today. Eating keeps it at bay but I’m happy to be feeling it and hoping it ramps up. I realize this sounds stupid but it’s defi reassuring to me!