September 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/26

It's the last week of March! I think spring may actually be on its way where I live! What's going on this week?

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/26

• Loading the player...
  • @DanyTargaryen Girl I like your style. Yes to a shorter work week! 

I'm having a staffing issue with my business which is super frustrating. Theres a good chance I'll need to ask H to leave his full time job a bit early this week to do a pick-up. I feel bad because he's already overworked at his normal job. I hate it when I need to ask him for help with my business on top of that. 
  • Aww man. Good luck this week @SkilledSailor!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Good luck @SkilledSailor, hope your H can help!

My H will be out of town tomorrow and Wednesday so I'll be on the struggle bus trying to get out the door the next few days. Currently dealing with frustrations regarding starting a class at work. I've been in touch with marketing and they've dropped the ball on the timing of the advertising and didn't get me fliers that they promised. I'll either need to postpone the class to do some more advertising or put it on hold once again since it's pointless to have less than 5 participants. It can be so tough having to rely on other people for projects.
  • @SkilledSailor Good luck this week!

I really need to start packing this week but I really have no desire to get everything packed up.
  • @nlc8424 How frustrating! Which way do you think you will go with the class? 

@knitknitread What are you packing for?
  • @SkilledSailor I think I'm going to extend advertising for a few more weeks and ask for the fliers, and then wait to see how many sign up.
  • We started a home renovation project today. I'm freaking out! Ahhhhh! We're putting in a master bath and some closets. It should be done in plenty of time before the baby is here, and we can sleep in the now-empty room that will become the new nursery until they're done. So the timing really was right. But Ahhhhh! This morning they helped move all the furniture for us, and they're (supposedly) doing demo right now. I'm dying to see it when I get home. It's supposed to take up to 3 months until it's done, but fingers crossed it's much quicker. I'm just dying to see it when I get home, it might be all torn apart. Hopefully it's nicely contained and cleaned up like it's supposed to be!
  • @knitknitread That's good that the timing ended up working out for a win-win for both you and your SGM! I understand not wanting to pack up an entire house though. Moving stinks. 
  • @yogapants247 YAY!!! That sounds so much like my life, we just bought our first house in October, and even as a kid growing up I didn't live in houses, but only cheap sometimes nasty apartments and townhouses. That's so exciting! Fingers crossed for everything going smoothly!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yogapants247 That's so great! Crossing everything that it goes smoothly!
  • @yogapants247 Becoming a home owner is really such a big moment! Happy for you guys!

• @yogapants247 yay! That's so exciting, as tough as it may be at times I love being a homeowner and I'm sure you will too. Fingers crossed the inspection goes well!
  • @yogapants247 congrats that's so exciting!!!!! 
  • @yogapants247 Congrats! That's so exciting! And it must feel great to have things come together after making big changes like that. MH has talked about moving out of this area a million times because it's so expensive, but we've been very fortunate with certain family situations and were able to buy a house last year. Without the help from family and a few things falling into place we couldn't have done it, but actually packing up and moving can be hard to do!
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Congrats @yogapants247!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Congrats @yogapants247! Such great news!
  • @treeofcheem that is the best visualization I have seen to explain contractions and effacement without it being too graphic. Thank you for sharing
  • @yogapants247 Yay! Congratulations! You're in Western NC, is that right? I know quite a few people who move from NY or CA partly to enjoy homeownership here. 

@nlc8424 That is very exciting! Who decided carpet would be a good idea for bathrooms? Ick. What else will you be doing to the bathrooms? I love home renos. 

@pourmeamocktail How's everything going with your family? 

Y'all, Carter's is having a 50% off sale and it's taking everything in me not to go buy cute clothes. Logically, I know I should be buying the boring things like the cloth diapers instead. But baby clothes are so much more fun! 
  • @SkilledSailor You can't go wrong with cute sleepers and onesies! You will NEED those, too  ;)
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @SkilledSailor - We're in Charlotte!
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• @SkilledSailor I wish I was kidding when I said that my kitchen had carpet too when we moved in! Most of the main floor did, but a decent amount had hardwoods underneath. So our hall bath is a total gut. Pink tub, pink toilet, pink sink and old vanity. Fake tile on the walls. So we want to put tile on the floor, new tub (nothing fancy), new toilet, new vanity. Probably will just paint the walls. I actually need to look for some inspiration for decor for the bathroom. Our master also needs to have carpet removed and tile put in, the rest is fairly updated. I'll post before and after pics once we're ready!
  • @yogapants247  congrats on the house! That is so exciting, especially all the extra space and knowing it is all yours! We are north of Charlotte, not too far from Hickory. 
  • SkilledSailor said:

::snipped::
    @pourmeamocktail How's everything going with your family? 

::snipped
    TW: Family loss, cancer

Well, today we got the biopsy done, but it's more to find out what type and what stage rather than IF it's cancer, if you understand. The CT scan was pretty clear (I've seen it) and with a 71 year old that's been smoking for more than 50 years, it's a matter of likelihood too.

So far, my mom is hoping to come up and visit in June for a wedding and DS's birthday. But that would depend on one of my aunts being able to travel to Florida from either Chicago or Seattle in order to take over for her. And obviously a lot hinges on what types of treatment, if any, are available, and how much time they think we'll have (I know I sound pretty low hope, but I've got a lot of experience with cancer unfortunately, and I think it's realistic to ask how much time rather than talk of long term remission). Crossing fingers that either a short span without much suffering, or a quick treatment with a year of good time after is in our cards. Maybe that's harsh, but that would make it possible for my mom to be here for birth/recovery, and a year of good time would make it possible for her to meet great-grandchild number 5.

I just wish we hadn't just been through this, for perspective my grandfather was hospitalized mid-september, diagnosed first week of October, and gone February 1st...this year. I know she's not happy without him, so I'd really prefer she doesn't suffer more.

End TW

And in a selfish fashion, knowing that DH can't take days off for this birth, and there's pretty much no one else around that can help more than 2 hours a week (or me handling my MIL for hours, but still only one day per week) while I am at home with barely 2 year old (hopefully more verbal by then, lol?) and newborn with no sitter, I'd really really like my mom to be here.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeamocktail you said MIL is an hour away?  Is your son close with her?  Maybe she could host him for a sleepover once a week or so?  That might be fun for both of them and you wouldn’t have to deal with her more than you can tolerate. 
  • nackie said:
    @pourmeamocktail you said MIL is an hour away?  Is your son close with her?  Maybe she could host him for a sleepover once a week or so?  That might be fun for both of them and you wouldn’t have to deal with her more than you can tolerate. 
    An hour away, and she's not really into him. she self-admits that babies and toddlers aren't really her thing. She will only watch him with her husband, and it's only happened maybe three times total in his life? Not ideal for his first sleep overs. He doesn't sleep through the night regularly yet, still prefers to nurse overnight once. So while it's a good idea in theory, probably not feasible either. He's really only close with my mom. But she's the one that really tried to bond. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yogapants247 That's what I thought! Such a fun area! We live in the Triangle.

@nlc8424 Ugh whose idea was it to carpet in those areas? So silly! Can't wait to see some before and afters! 

@pourmeamocktail *hugs* That is a lot to be dealing with emotionally on top of everything else. So sorry. 
  • @pourmeamocktail I’m sorry you are having to deal with all of this in a time that can already be stressful enough. Sending you lots of hugs! 
  • Oh @pourmeamocktail I missed your previous update. I'm sorry you are dealing with so much. Hugs.

• @pourmeamocktail I know how it feels to be "insensitive" to terminal illnesses. I hope that your grandma is comfortable and not in pain no matter what, I'm sorry for all that your family is going through. Totally okay to want to be selfish IMO and want things to happen sooner rather than later so you can have your mom back. Big hugs.
  • @SkilledSailor BTW, it was a little old lady who decided the whole house needed to be carpeted. No idea why, but they literally installed hardwood floors and put carpet on top right after so our hardwoods were like new when we moved in.
  • @pourmeamocktail F*ck cancer! I'm sorry you're dealing with this and it's complicated with being pregnant with a little one. I hope it goes as well as it can for your grandma. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d