August 2018 Moms
Options

First time feeling baby move?

Relatively new to the board but curious when you first felt your little sweetheart move. We will be 18 weeks tomorrow - almost 40 and a first time momma to humans.

Ours was 17 weeks to the day when I first felt Baby B move. I was so excited!!! It was the best feeling I've ever felt. I was explaining this to a co-worker about how excited I was and she informed me it was way too early to be feeling the baby. Balloon deflated.... as she always hopes for. (Yes, one of those...)

This prompted me to research and it seems more towards 20 weeks but some as early as 16 weeks. I still feel the baby move.. the same flutter as before and sometimes almost a little poke but it has me curious when you first felt your baby move. 

Re: First time feeling baby move?

• Options
    My apologies- I wasn't trying to treat the board like my personal google. It's more my feelings were hurt and I was curious what other moms were feeling that are also due in August. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi @shanna1573 Like @ecwk mentioned, introduce yourself in the into post and get to know board so you get the lay of the land.  The community is great for questions like yours.  Anyways, I'm 19 weeks and still haven't felt anything but its different for everyone.  The one thing that is true for every pregnant woman is that she is bound to receive unsolicited advice and 'know-it-all-isms' (I just made that up) from everyone who knows you are pregnant.  I try to remember that they all mean well but it can be so condescending and annoying.  Sorry that your co-worker was so insensitive.  Looking forward to getting to know you. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    I was probably at least 22 weeks when I felt anything with my first pregnancy. This is my second, and I felt clear flutters at about 15 weeks, and then they went away and I haven’t felt much recently. So it’s highly variable! Enjoy your flutters and ignore your coworker :)
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    Your coworker is wrong. I felt small movements that early with my first, however, I was only sure in retrospect. But I also had an anterior placenta, so I didn’t feel movement strongly for a while.

If you came here to participate in the community and not just have your question answered, it would be wise to listen to the advice you’ve been given and read the pinned posts. It’s a public forum, but the idea is to actually be a community, not Yahoo answers. If everyone asked their questions in their own separate thread it would get a little crazy. That’s why we encourage board organization.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers