August 2018 Moms

STM Check in/Chat 3/26

ecwkecwk member
edited March 2018 in August 2018 Moms
How far along are you? What size is baby? 

Age(s) of other kid(s)?

How are you feeling??? 

Rants/Raves

Questions 

GTKY: What are the best and worst gifts you’ve ever received? 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: STM Check in/Chat 3/26

• 18 weeks tomorrow, baby B is the size of a sweet potato! 

Other kids are 13 and 8... a jack Russell terrier and an English lab.

Feeling great other than I think I wore jeans too much this weekend with an expanded and now my belly physically hurts. There was also a lot of sitting involved with that and I think my belly just gets sore...?

Not much to rant about really. I was a plus size gal before we got pregnant and I'm feeling remarkably disgusting sometimes.. like trying to get off the floor - my body hates me after that and it's embarrassing. I've got some self issues to work thru there.

Best gift - hand made green bay packers hat from a co-worker! 
  • How far along are you? What size is baby? 19 weeks, Mango

Age(s) of other kid(s)? 22mo

How are you feeling??? Sore. I think my allergies are getting better, but the later of pollen outside tells me to not be so sure.

Rants/Raves: DS has been a bit of a challenge lately. Throwing things, pinching (not when he’s mad, I think it’s a comfort thing) and begging to nurse all the time, even when we aren’t home. He wasn’t like this before. Not sure if it’s his age or he just knows change us coming.

Last night I asked him “Where is the baby?” And he pat my boob and said “baby!” :lol:

Questions: I know there are a lot of books out there about being a big sibling, but are any really appropriate for a 2yo?

GTKY: What are the best and worst gifts you’ve ever received? DH gave me a great record player. My grandma has given me weird random crap she has around her house.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? What size is baby? 
    21 weeks. I can’t remember the size....

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    2 years, but he’ll be 3 in a couple of months which makes me want to cry. 3 seems so big. 

How are you feeling??? Okay. No huge complications or anything so I hate to complain but I’m just sore & achy a lot and pretty sure I have sciatica (spelling might be totally wrong).

Rants/Raves
    Add me to the challenging behavior @lalala2004
    DS has been hitting when he’s mad and kicking or falling on our dog when he wants to play. Last night he lost two trucks in a row for not listening.

When he’s not acting like what I just described, he’s the sweetest. Hugging and kissing us. Every morning he gives me a big hug and says, “Morning mommy.” Then he rubs my belly and says, “Baby,” and then kisses my belly. It’s my favorite.

Questions
    I can’t really think of any. 

DH gives really great and thoughtful gifts, so I’ve gotten some really good ones from him. Probably my favorite was a locket with my mom’s picture right after she passed. That might seem weird, but it was sweet and unexpected, and I still wear it most days, especially if I’m having a rough day. 

The worst gift was probably a huge heart necklace with all these fake diamonds from an ex boyfriend. It was just not my style at all. 
  • melpropmelprop member
    edited March 2018
    20w 4d, not sure how big that is

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    7yo

How are you feeling??? 
    As long as I take my ms meds and drink enough water, I usually feel good. But then occasionally I wake up nauseous and can’t even get the meds down without throwing up. I’d really like it if those days stopped. 

Rants/Raves
    Rave: My grandma turned 90 yesterday, and we had a big birthday party for her! It was tiring but sooo much fun! 

Rant: My mom invited MIL & FIL to the party, mostly to be nice. MIL called DH to see if BIL & his wife were invited. No, they weren’t. She then asked DH if I could call BIL and invite them. No, not happening. We have to deal with them at Easter. I don’t have the sanity to deal with BIL’s wife sans wine twice in 8 days. If BIL’s wife brings it up at Easter, I have no idea what to say other than, “My grandma hates you, why would she want you at her party.” 

Questions: nope

Best gift: DH gets me my favorite, locally-made chocolate eggs that are only made at Easter. He remembers that I particularly love the coconut filled eggs. My mother can’t even get that right. 

Worst gift: Probably from IL’s. They don’t care enough to actually get to know me, so they give me random shit. One year for Christmas they gave me a punch bowl and a set of Twelve Days of Christmas coffee mugs that came from their attic. We don’t drink coffee, and I’ve never used a punch bowl. I donated both to Goodwill after Christmas. 
  • How far along are you? What size is baby? 19+3

Age(s) of other kid(s)? DS is 1.5 and DSS is 13

How are you feeling??? Good but achey. RLP is my life right now

Rants/Raves DS wasn't having anything to do with a nap yesterday so we went to the park so he could run around and burn some energy off. He fell asleep in the car on the way home so we drove around for about 45 min so he would get some sort of daytime sleep and ugh. I was so achey and sore after sitting in the car for that long and not being about to change positions.

Questions What do you do when your littles start the great crib escape? So DH told me he's caught E a few times trying to hoist himself out of the crib in the morning but I've never seen him do it. Saturday I put DS down for bed and about 30 min later I hear him crying on the monitor which is unusual, (he usually either goes right down or plays with his lovie until he falls asleep). I check the video and he's up on the crib rail, straddling it and can't figure out how to get down one way or the other! Is it time for a toddler bed? I'm more worried about him falling on his way out of the crib and hurting himself than him actually escaping the crib.

GTKY: What are the best and worst gifts you’ve ever received? I have a long list of best gifts, my ILs got me a pendant with DS's name, birthday and birthstone for Christmas, my sister gave me emerald earrings one birthday and DH gave me this le creuset casserole dish I was lusting after.
    Worst gift was when I was in the military, I was sharing a house with these 3 guys and they got me a dust buster for Christmas...

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lalala2004 Our DS’s are the same age and have the same issues (minus the nursing - that has been over since about 8 months). He throws everything either because he is frustrated or just to show me - like he throws a book at me when he wants me to read it. He doesn’t understand the concepts of “ouch” or “dangerous” or “gentle” or “no”. And don’t get me started about the food throwing at mealtimes - I found potato on my ceiling yesterday. I’m assuming it’s just a phase... hopefully a short one. I’m also interested in recs for sibling books for 2 year-olds! He has no clue what’s happening currently... but we have a few months yet.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • How far along are you? What size is baby? 17+3 - Pomegranate

Age(s) of other kid(s)? DS will be 3 in May. @amac12999 I completely agree. 3 sounds so much older than 2!

How are you feeling??? Okay. My allergies are still going a bit haywire, but I feel better today than I did all of last week, so that's a plus. I had quite a bit of RLP and achiness this weekend. I know the baby is growing a lot at this point, so just powering through!

Rants/Raves: Rant - DS also has had some challenging behavior. He is so kind and sweet and then like a switch goes off and he's defiant. Yesterday I told him we had to go take a bath, but he was playing a game on his tablet so he said no. I took the tablet (nicely and gently) and then he threw a toy at me. Then when I reprimanded him he screamed "no momma and scowled and pointed at me". 3 is going to be so much fun....
    Rave -

Questions - Has anyone here had a repeat c/s already, or planning on one????

GTKY: What are the best and worst gifts you’ve ever received?: Best - Sounds cliche, but my engagement ring (is that considered a present?!) DH took the stones from his mom's engagement ring and anniversary band and had my ring made. She passed away when he was 25 and they were so close...it meant so much to me that it's what I get to wear each da y.

Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• @mrsbubbles-2 No suggestions on the crib escape, because surprisingly DS never tried it! He was getting too big for the crib though, so we switched to the toddler bed right around Christmas and then a full size bed last month. It was honestly the best decision ever!  He always went to sleep just fine, is an amazing sleeper, but I feel like he wakes up happier, he sleeps a little later (because he has more room and is comfy I think!). He rarely climbs out of the big boy bed himself, he usually will lay there and play with his lovie or his stuffed animal until one of us goes in there.
    1.5 is still on the younger side, but there were a few girls in my last BMB that did it before the age of 2 and had success!

• @mrsbubbles-2 unless there is something making it easier to climb out like a toy or pillow or something you can remove, I think it’s time for the toddler bed. That’s really young to be climbing out, he must be very athletic :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*

• ecwkecwk member
    Haven't caught up properly. Just wanted to say I just received this book @lalala2004
    https://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Baby-Rachel-Fuller/dp/1846432758

And it is definitely suitable for a 2 year old! We have only read it a couple of times but DS seems to like it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? What size is baby
    21 weeks. I don't know I have a giant baby growing inside of me so probably bigger than what the app tells me LOL

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    5 in 3 weeks (wahhhhhhh)

How are you feeling??? 
    Very tired today. I took a unisom stupidly thinking I would sleep well last night because I over-did it this weekend but really I was up just as much so feel really weird and groggy right now at my desk.

Rants/Raves
    Rave: Got our crib and storage stuff this weekend from IKEA so besides decorations/paint, the main nursery items are done.

Rants:  I was feeling really good from acupuncture but then got over-ambitious this weekend and did not wear my support belt and I am in pain today :(

Questions 
    I don't think I have any at the moment...

Best: My 10 year anniversary ring upgrade last year :)

Worst: Nothing specifically but generally if my MIL isn't getting me jewelry, she gets me really weird things or clothes I would never wear.
  • Thanks ladies! @lalala2004 - he's a climber! :D He's figured out how to climb up on the coffee table and chairs, he'll stack pillows to get up on top of the couch. He's a lot to keep up with! No toys in the crib that would be big enough to help him climb, and the mattress is at its lowest so I think it's time to make the switch. A girlfriend of mine used this mesh net thing that goes over the crib but that gave me a heart attack just thinking of it.

Thanks for bringing up the books for siblings and the recommendation @ecwk!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwkecwk member
    @mrsbubbles-2
    Time for a big bed I guess! You could do a mattress on the floor and make sure everything in the room is anchored. That, or this:

I kid, I kid. I need to look into this too. I saw the most darling floor bed on Pinterest yesterday....something like this (sans the laptop. Or not, who am I to judge?) 

How far along are you? What size is baby?  I am 19+4 / Mango?

Age(s) of other kid(s)? DS is (terrible) two 

How are you feeling??? Tired. Fatigued. Sleepy. Exhausted. Wrecked. Knackered. Weary. Jaded. 

Rants/Raves: DS wants to sleep in our bed every night. He had been doing great in his crib until his 2 year sleep regression hit. I haven't slept well in years. Literally years. 

Questions: 

OBVIOUSLY the best gift I ever got was my son and of course this baby too.....
    But if we're talking material things then DH got me a designer bag I had been lusting after and I love it sooooo much. 
    Worst: I try to be grateful no matter what, after all it is the thought that counts but years and years ago DH got me some bath stuff that included cellulite cream. Like, really?? SMH. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 I'd vote that it may be time for a toddler bed. My DS hasn't tried to escape from his pack'n'play yet but there were several kids in his BMB that were climbers and moved to a toddler bed around 18 months. Good luck!

18+3, a sweet potato

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    DS1 is 22 months

How are you feeling??? 
    I feel AMAZING. Well, that's probably an overstatement, but compared to a couple weeks ago I do feel great. I had been having migraine headaches from ~9am-2pm every single day that were making it nearly impossible to work or take care of my DS. Figuring I had nothing to lose I found an acupuncturist and I'm now totally headache free after just two sessions and my energy levels are back to pre-pregnancy baseline. I was pretty skeptical at first but now I'm a convert.

Rants/Raves
    Rave: We're going on VACATION on Saturday! We're spending two days in Las Vegas and 6 days hiking in Zion National Park. So happy I'm feeling good I can actually enjoy it! Just praying my 22 month-old isn't a nightmare on our 5 hour flight...

Questions
    Anyone have mealtime advice for me? As I mentioned above, DS is a nightmare right now - he won't sit still in his highchair for more than 5 min, he hurls all of his food across the room and/or scrapes it into his lap or the floor. He throws cups, plates, spoons, etc. He is totally unpredictable in what he will eat at any given meal (one day he loves bananas, the next day he hates them, etc). Trying to eat out when we travel next week is going to be... interesting.

Best - I love experience gifts. DH got me a weekend away at a nice hotel in the mountains and a 90 minute massage for my 40th bday and that was pretty amazing.
    Worst - This isn't really that bad but it's a bit of a running joke in my family... My stepmother is part of a local choral group and they make CDs for the two major concerts each year which she wraps up and gifts to every single family member for Christmas each year. So you know we all put on that fake "yay" face when we see the CD-shaped package every year, and on Christmas morning when the 10th person in a row opens the same present trying to pretend it's a surprise is impossible. I have an entire cabinet full of these CDs collected over the past 15-20 years. I haven't listened to a single one of them, but I also know I can't really throw them away. I don't really like choral music.
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • For DS in the toddler bed we used the rail and that was enough for him as he never fell out or had any issues.
    With his bed now - It is a full size mattress and box spring only, no bed frame. We figured it was good to start this way as it is still lower to the ground. The bed is in the corner of his bedroom, so the wall is on one side and we got the rail to put on the other side and he has not had any issues with it at all. He actually stays to one side and under the covers for the most part. Every now and then I'll see him laying sideways or diagonal though!

• When DS was about 1.5yo we realized that converting his crib to a toddler bed was too high for him, even with the crib on the lowest setting. I got him a toddler bed from Ikea. I really liked it because it was low to the ground, but it was longer than a traditional toddler bed that uses a crib mattress. DS was able to sleep in it until this past summer (6yo) when we moved him to a regular twin bed. 
  • We moved DD1 directly into a twin bed (one side against the wall and other side with a bedrail) when she was 23 months.  She was perfectly happy in the crib but we needed it for DD2.  She is very active but for some reason never climbed out of her crib and won't even get out of her bed until we get to her room in the morning.  She just hangs out in there and talks or sings until we arrive.

We're going to borrow a crib from my in laws for DD2 for a few months after this baby is born (only a 14 month difference) but will probably put her in a regular twin bed with guardrail around 18 months.
  • Is the height difference between a twin and toddler bed that big of a deal? We already have a twin bed all set up for DD when it's time to move her, and I'd prefer not to get a toddler bed if we don't have to.  Thoughts from BTDT moms?
  • @juliebird6  I wouldn't buy a twin toddler bed if you already have a twin bed.  You may just need to get a railing if they try to roll out?  

You can also DIY one using a pool noodle underneath the fitted sheet as well!
  • We got DS a toddler bed because we didn’t have a twin bed and his room is on the small side. He used it for about 5 years, and we can use it again with this LO. The twin bed takes up a lot of DS’s current room, so we’re giving him the bigger spare bedroom and turning his bedroom into the nursery. 
  • @mrsbubbles-2 we switched DD to a toddler bed around that time. Her crib converts to one, so it was nbd. She wasn't a climber, just wanted a big girl bed. Now she's in a queen cuz we had that already set up in the guest room, and she LOVES it. 

19. Four toed hedgehog. 

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    DD is 2.5, but will be 3 in a few months.

How are you feeling??? 
    Ugh. Not the best. I had some really uncomfortable cramping, aches and pains yesterday. I'm a little sick, and I have sciatica issues, so I think I was sore all over, and it kind of radiated to my stomach. Plus I keep tossing and turning all night, and I am so sick of it. 

Rants/Raves
    Rant: we we're supposed to go to an Easter egg hunt at a local church that was supposed to start at 11. DD had dance class before that, so we pulled her early to get to the hunt. Get there at 10:50 only to find out the hunt was over and they cleaned up early. I was so pissed. 

Questions
    Not really.

Best - my parents got me a dog for Christmas one year. Best surprise ever! 
    Worst- DH has recently realized that experiences are really the way to go gift wise, but before that, he would get me really hideous jewelry. He knew I liked orchids, so he got me an enamel orchid necklace that took up half of my chest. 
  • @juliebird6 I would skip the toddler bed if you already have a twin ready to go. We bought the toddler rail to use with our crib when we purchased it. IMO it was kind of a waste of $$ since we only used it for 1-2 months and I didn't see a huge difference between the toddler bed and 'real' bed. I would just go straight to the twin!

• uggggh you guys, I keep going back and forth on this crib or bed thing.  Our boys will be 21m apart.  DS (16m) doesn't have the upper body strength yet to pull himself up on the crib railing and he's a great sleeper.  So I thought I would buy another crib for the new baby.  But I'll be annoyed if I do that and then almost immediately have to buy a new bed for DS....  WWya'll do? 

How far along are you? What size is baby? 18+3.  Baby is an iPhone 6

Age(s) of other kid(s)?  16m

How are you feeling?  I feel huge already, but that's my only complaint.  These boobs, these feet, I feel like an elephant and we still have so long to go!

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: DS has a ear infection and he's fine except if you want to feed him, change him, bathe him, give him medicine, or get him to sleep.  Ya gotta eat to take the medicine kid and you have to take the medicine to get better.  work with me here. 

Questions 
    Best: I have to say my engagement/wedding ring too.  It's just really unique looking and totally me and nothing I would have thought he could have ever picked out by himself. 

Worst:  Pretty much anything from my MIL.  This year she bought us a giant sherpa super thick blanket.  We never turned our heat on all winter...... I'm keeping the tags on it so I can regift it. 

• @redheadbride15 probably questionable parenting, but sometimes DS does better eating in front of the TV. Also, he likes sitting at the table as opposed to his high chair tray. Not sure if you're doing that or not.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @redheadbride15 have you ever just not reacted much but asked, “all done?” And then take the food away? My DS has always been a decent eater but that’s how I handled it when he started throwing food. Then if he acted like he wanted to eat it, I’d give him one piece at a time. He’s 2.5 now, and there are nights he eats nothing and nights he eats more than me. Today all he ate for lunch was a cucumber (his choice) and strawberries. He had a chicken roll up on his plate that he didn’t touch. I’m probably harsh about it, so you might not want to listen to me at all. 
  • @redheadbride15  what if you tried to do a "picnic" with him on the floor? 
  • @ecwk - That crib contraption is amazing lol!! I like the idea of a floor bed! We might have to see what DS does with something like that. Right now he jumps in the dog's bed and curls up in there just to hang out so maybe if we made it seem kinda similar he would enjoy

@redheadbride15 - so we've had a few phases where DS would have a fit in his chair and we moved to a more 'grazing' schedule. We would give smaller snacks through the day, cheese, cut up fruit, those mini bagels, and we would put it out on the coffee table in the living room. He would come grab some food then get back to playing. We would watch him like a hawk with the food but it worked during the tricky times. Do you think this is just a phase he's going through? I hope you find a solution that works while you're on vacation!

@livinthesunnylife - does the crib you currently have convert to a toddler bed? If it does, I would leave that with your DS and buy a new one that converts for this LO. If it doesn't, I would buy a convertible crib, give the convertible to DS since he will need a toddler bed sooner and move DS's crib into LO's room (can't remember if you plan to bed share)
    Also I will take alllll your big fluffy blankets!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Answering other questions first:

1) I have probably about 4 different "big brother" or "new baby" books and they are all definitely good for a 2 year old (I read some to DS1 when he was under 2 and I feel like he was too young to get them, but DS2 is a few months past 2 and I feel like he is at a good age for them. I also continued reading them to DS1 after the baby came because there is still a lot of learning for them to do about baby after he/she is here). I would just go to the bookstore and open a few and see if they are good. I like different ones for different reasons... some explain more about different aspects of life with a baby, others are more about the big brother wanting to play with baby but having to learn baby is too little, etc etc. I don't think you can go wrong though!

2) I would probably just move DS to a bed if he is trying to escape. We moved DS1 at 21 months and DS2 at just under 27 months, but he honestly could have done it way earlier it was just a matter of us getting organized to do it. It went so well for both of them, they both loved their big beds instantly! We just went right to a twin bed with a little guard rail that you secure underneath and then take off later.

• How far along are you? What size is baby? 21w5d, baby was the size of a least weasel last week lol.

Age(s) of other kid(s)? DS1 is 4; DS2 is 2.

How are you feeling??? OK but so much more sore this time. My belly and vag get pretty sore and I don't remember it being like this so early with the other two. I hope everything is okay in there, but feeling lots of kicks all the time now so that's reassuring.

Rants/Raves Good: starting prenatal yoga tonight to hopefully prevent my hip pain from getting really bad this pregnancy. My piriformis syndrome acts up every pregnancy but I know how to mitigate it, just have to not be lazy and go to yoga class!
    Less good: I am starting a new job next week, which I am excited about, but I will have to leave the house earlier, bus to get there and also just put more effort in since I will be new again. Hopefully I won't be too tired and have too much pregnancy brain to do a good job lol.

Questions None I can think of

GTKY: What are the best and worst gifts you’ve ever received? Hmm.... best probably something from DH. He made a book to commemorate 1 year of us being together with all these memories in it like printed off emails between us, ticket stubs to places we went together, etc etc. But he just always does really thoughtful stuff, if I show him a purse I like he will remember and save it for a holiday etc.

Worst.... my friend got me shoes that were the wrong size once lol.

• @redheadbride15 so DS is only 14m but he goes through phases like this on and off since he started eating people food, partially because he likes to feed our dogs.
    What's worked well for us is letting him choose between two or three things about what has eating and allowing him to eat from our plate, because he's way more interested in what I'm eating than what we give him.
    Sometimes I also let him eat on my lap, he really likes to move and gets frustrated being stuck in his high chair. 

How far along are you? What size is baby? 20w 2d a popsicle 

Age(s) of other kid(s)?
    14m

How are you feeling??? 
    Super gassy :/

Rants/Raves
    We had our gender reveal this weekend and we're having another boy!

Questions 
    Not right now, I always think of these later...

Best: DH got me a dog for Xmas about 5 years ago :) we picked her out together but adoption was his gift

Worst: my dad and step family would repeatedly get me garden related gift every year for my bday. I HATE gardening. I finally broke down and asked if they could get me something else, or even nothing. My birhday is next week so we'll see 
  • I have a question now. Is 20w too early for the baby to be positioned really low? I’ve been feeling weird today, kind of like when I was midway into 3rd tri with DS. My back hurts, and my stomach & lower abdomen feel very tight, like the baby is laying down below my belly button.  

I remember feeling similar to this during the last couple weeks I was pg with DS. I never felt actual contractions with him until after my water broke in the hospital. I was having contrax according to the monitors, but my back just hurt. I think I’m being paranoid after everything with DS was so different than I’d been told to expect. It could be that I just feel this way when I reach a certain size, as I’m now about the size I was in mid-3rd tri with DS. But it’s really freaking uncomfortable. 
  • ^ I have been feeling the same way. It's really scary feeling that tender and achy so early on. I'm hoping it's just cuz this is our second baby. 
  • How far along are you? What size is baby? 20 weeks- banana 

Age(s) of other kid(s)? Almost 2

How are you feeling??? Tired and sore

Rants/Raves- rant- I was 5 days late w/ DS and MIL has just scheduled a stay out here for four days prior to my due date to two days after it. If she wanted my opinion (she doesn’t), she should plan instead to arrive the day after my due date and stay until 5-6 days after my due date, since the whole point of her visit is to be here to take care of DS while I’m in the hospital and my understanding is that most second kids only come 1-2 days earlier than their first.

Questions no good questions at the moment

GTKY: What are the best and worst gifts you’ve ever received? Best- cruise for one of my birthdays. Worst- MIL apparently didn’tnotice that I haven’t worn/liked clogs in years because I don’t like them. She bought me a new pair again this year.
  • I notice a lot of our worst gifts come from MIL’s haha
  • How far along are you? What size is baby? 20w5d, banana I think

Age(s) of other kid(s)? 3

How are you feeling??? Pretty good. A bit tired, and I have been having some BH which freak me out a little but otherwise good. 

Rants: +1 on pants being uncomfortable. I had to go to Target and get some sweatpants that just have a drawstring waist instead of any elastic because everything is uncomfortable right now. I'm about to start just walking around in my underwear, but then I can't go to Target so...
    DS has also been quite naughty lately, mostly with hitting. I understand that he's 3 and has big emotions but my god... it's terrible. Thankfully 99% of the time he's nice to other kids, especially babies, it's just directed towards me and DH mostly.
    Raves: DS is quite a cuddly boy, and always has been. Now, he comes up to give me hugs or cuddles, puts his hand on my belly, and says "I love my baby brudder" :love:

Questions: Nope

Best: my Opa gave me his old Rolleiflex camera. For a photography nerd like me, this is like gold. I need to get it serviced because when I used it on a trip, all of the photos came out really blurry, but thankfully one of the best Rolleiflex specialists is in Los Angeles, I just have to want to spend probably a good $300-500 I'm guessing to finally do it.
    Worst: My first boyfriend in high school gave me this terrrrrrible gaudy framed thing for my birthday. My birthday is in November, so it was like this victorian calendar picture, which was ok, but the frame was this ugly AF gold thing, gaudy is the only word for it. In my mind I was like "ok but I'm 16 and want jewelry or chocolate" :lol:
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thanks for the advice on mealtime everyone! It may partially be an unrealistic expectation on my part to think that we’ll have “family meal times” with a toddler.

@lalala2004 to clarify, he’s in a booster seat at the table, food it a suction plate (which he always manages to pull off and throw). @amac12999 we definitely do the “all done” thing when things escalate to a certain point, but when I put him down he then starts screaming, tries to climb back into the chair, and says and signs “more more more” so it’s he still seems hungry. @mrsbubbles-2  grazing would probably work. He happily eats breakfast and snacks at the coffee table in the living room. I guess I worry about getting some “real” table food into him, which is messy and I don’t dare put it out in the living room. Again, maybe i need to adjust my expectations. @scottishlass1213 A picnic sounds fun!
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • ecwkecwk member
    @melprop idk if this is relevant but when I had my A/S on Friday (19+1) the tech said baby was head down and quite low down and said that he/she will not necessarily stay like that. Plenty of room to move around still! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @redheadbride15 I do remember DS going through a stage where he would do so much better if I gave him bites from my plate. And we totally graze for breakfast and lunch so the only meal he really sits for is dinner. 
  • amac12999 said:
    @redheadbride15 have you ever just not reacted much but asked, “all done?” And then take the food away? My DS has always been a decent eater but that’s how I handled it when he started throwing food. Then if he acted like he wanted to eat it, I’d give him one piece at a time. He’s 2.5 now, and there are nights he eats nothing and nights he eats more than me. Today all he ate for lunch was a cucumber (his choice) and strawberries. He had a chicken roll up on his plate that he didn’t touch. I’m probably harsh about it, so you might not want to listen to me at all. 
    Agreed this is how we handled food throwing stage. Calmly say ok all done and take it away. Imo it’s the right age to start teaching dinner manners, and stuff like eating what everyone eats - establish that stuff with toddlers before it turns into a big thing

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Books : my favs are ‘im a big brother’ (“I can eat pizza and apples because I’m the big brother!”) and “the new baby” (“babies cry to tell us they need something.”) that one shows nursing and babywearing too. I Got them for my first who became a big bro at 22m. 
    We have others but those are my favs

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w