October 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change (3/22)

Hi there! Ticker change simply means you've started a new week of pregnancy. For example, on this Thursday I go from 9 weeks to 10 weeks. It's our way of marking a milestone.

Questions stolen from Sunday.

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Ladybug - April 2013
Dandelion - October 2018
Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
Angel "Violet" - March 2022
Baby Dove due March 2023

Re: Thursday Ticker Change (3/22)

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

10 weeks, strawberry.

2. How are you feeling?

Very exhausted.

I had my first prenatal appointment and tbh it was a mess. But I did get to see lil' monster on our first ultrasound! Even though it was a super speedy scan.

Did not like my OB this time. 

England

Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options

10 weeks, baby is as big as a strawberry.

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good, mostly just tired  and bloated.

nope. 

We have started calling around and inquiring about child care options for when I come back from maternity leave. Our top choice,  close to where we live has  been super flakey about any sort of response. Called left a voicemail, nothing. On Saturday we sent an email through their contact us  form. Nothing. If there is no room, a wait list or what have you than just say as much. Not a good way to run a business!

Algarve region in Portugal. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    dash83 said:
    We have started calling around and inquiring about child care options for when I come back from maternity leave. Our top choice,  close to where we live has  been super flakey about any sort of response. Called left a voicemail, nothing. On Saturday we sent an email through their contact us  form. Nothing. If there is no room, a wait list or what have you than just say as much. Not a good way to run a business!
    I had the exact same experience.  I called three times, and the person I needed to talk to was always “in a meeting” or “not available”.  They would take a message or tell me to call back later.  

Finally- I asked myself if this was indicative of their level of care and attention to the kids and their current parents, and decided if it was, I wanted nothing to do with it.  I’m planning to ise a daycare that is a little further away, but I genuinely enjoyed interacting with everyone I’ve spoken to, both on the phone and through the tour.  

/ back to lurking from Wednesday /
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I think you are totally right that this may be indicative of things to come! Super lame. I’m going to start calling around to other options, I will feel much better once newborn care is sorted.
  • Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby9 weeks today, baby is the size of a cherry or green olive

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good today! The last few days I have been exhausted and the nausea had been constant. Today I feel like I slept good last night and have more energy so hopefully that will last the entire day.

3. Any appointments this week? Nope

4. Rants/raves/questions? At what point is it acceptable to transition to maternity clothes? My pants in particular are starting to get uncomfortable, but I don’t feel like I am quite to the point of needing maternity clothes (FTM). Any recommendations? I’ve been living in yoga pants whenever I can get away with it...

5. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Hmm this is a tough one. I would love to live closer to my sister who is in NC, but anywhere in the world I would probably choose Italy. I have never visited but the wine and food sounds amazing! 

@mytrueloves My first ultrasound was super fast too. I was kind of annoyed because we only listened to the heartbeat for about 5 seconds. She moved it before we even realized what was going on! I hope the rest of them aren’t like that, but I don’t think I get another one until my anatomy scan closer to 20 weeks...

Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    nugget2ehfnugget2ehf member
    edited March 2018

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

11 weeks; the size of a lime!

2. How are you feeling?

Tiiiiired. I know I can't complain much since I missed the nausea/puking train. But ugh.

Nope, but I have one next Thursday for 12 weeks!

We plan to start telling friends if next appointment goes well. Can't wait for that. And I keep feeling lots of stretching going on, so I'm anxiously awaiting my bump to show up. I crazily look in the mirror every time I go to the bathroom.

I haven't been to many places so I can't really say. But for now I'll say Ireland, mostly because I really want to go there. Or somewhere with cool history and architecture. And wine.

• Options
    @spartan4life We were at the office for 2 hours and of that entire chunk of time, only 25 minutes of it was spent on my appointment. I was there for over an hour and a half before I was seen by the doctor. Then she rushed through everything as quick as possible. I feel like she didn't even look at my entire uterus. She just checked the heartbeat, measured the baby, and that was that. I have a referral to have a more advanced ultrasound done at a fetal diagnostic center though, so I know at least they'll do a more thorough job.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options

10 weeks. Baby is the size of a cardinal tetra fish

2. How are you feeling? Not great but not terrible. I've been dealing with some headaches in the morning though.

3. Any appointments this week? Tomorrow! I also have an appointment to finally see the MFM on Tuesday.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nothing really.

I've never really traveled so I honestly have no idea. Italy always sounded nice! And Australia!

@dash83 I'm with @knottieamusements on the day care. If they can't give you the attention and help you need now I can't imagine that they would get any better once you're enrolled. Good luck and FX you find one that fits your needs!

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?11 weeks. Baby is the size of a lime.

2. How are you feeling?

Tired and grumpy but relieved that I’m not feeling nauseous or throwing up everyday.

I have just had an appointment with the midwife, got all the boring stuff out the way. Now have my dating scan on 04/04 which I hope speedily arrives. I can’t wait to see my little ‘pipin’ again and hopefully everything is well.

Was disappointed that I couldn’t listen to baby’s HB but I understand that the midwife refused for good reasons. It wouldn’t have done anything to ease my already anxiety that something is wrong if she couldn’t find it because of it being too early. 

Anywhere hot with lovely beaches and gorgeous scenery. 

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 10 weeks! Double digits! Size of a strawberry  

2. How are you feeling? Feeling exhausted still but otherwise good.  Allergies are kicking my butt though! 

3. Any appointments this week? None this week unfortunately, but next week I have my nurse intake appt and my first OB visit to transition care from my RE to the OB, so I can’t wait for that! 

4. Rants/raves/questions? I can’t wait till I have a real obvious bump.  I’ve definitely gotten bigger and when I’m not wearing a shirt I can definitely see a small bump, but clothes mostly hide it so people can’t tell yet.  I loved my bump when pregnant with DS, so I can’t wait for that again. 

5. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Maybe someplace in Europe like France. I know Europe has lots of their own problems, but i love the culture and history of it. 

• Options

9 weeks, as big as a green olive.

2. How are you feeling?

So friggin tired. & nauseous! I cannot stand to look at, touch, smell, or even think about raw meat so I am useless when it comes to cooking right now haha.

Nope, had my 1st last week. So far so good!

I’m really pumped I have the option to work some days from home, it’s been super helpful for my extra shitty days.

Somewhere warm ☀️

• Options

10 weeks. Size of a strawberry

2. How are you feeling?

Nauseous and bloated 

First ultrasound tomorrow :)

Can’t wait for the morning sickness to subside

Hawaii

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 12 weeks!!! Size of a plum or apricot!!

2. How are you feeling? Tired tired tired !! My belly feels like it’s stretching and I think I’m officially starting to show 

3. Any appointments this week? Had my 12 week US/appointment earlier this week. Baby measuring right in track and all blood work looks good so far.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Found out at my appt that I’m RH negative. I’m starting to do research since I’ve never heard of that before. Any other RH neg mommies?!

5. GTKY: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Some where in the mountains in a small little town

• Options
    @linssears4 I am also Rh negative! There is an Rh negative thread (on mobile so I can’t figure out how to share the link). I’m a FTM so I don’t have any experience personally with the rhogam, but I do know most patients usually receive it twice. The first time is around 28 weeks and the second is at delivery (I used to work in a hospital blood bank administering rhogam). It is very routine and necessary. One thing I did learn is that it is important for us to contact our doctors any time we have spotting or bleeding just to be sure we receive it appropriately. It is meant to prevent you from developing anti-D which could attack red blood cells in future babies that you have that are Rh positive. Fx for us Rh neg mommies that the shot isn’t too bad!!
  • Options