October 2018 Moms
Options

PSA for Rh negative ladies!

muchwantedmuchwanted member
edited March 2018 in October 2018 Moms
If you experience spotting or bleeding at any time, or a blood sac (subchorionic hemorrhage) is noted in an ultrasound, remember that you may need the Rhogam shot! Don't count on your doctor to remember that you're Rh negative - some of them have better systems for that than others, and I've needed to remind mine in the past.

The shot is easy and extremely low risk, but the potential complications that may result from not getting it are massive, so it's absolutely worth doing.

PSA over! :)
***TW***
DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

Re: PSA for Rh negative ladies!

• Options
    Thanks!  I was just told the same thing by my OB. Spotting is normal (as we are all constantly reassured) but even normal spotting means Rh neg ladies may need to get a rhogam shot. (And I needed to remind my OB I was Rh neg once too.)
    Age 32, FTM, cis-hetero, married since 11-2016. Love is love is love is love.
  • Options
    Thank you for this! I am Rh negative and work in a clinical lab where we often distribute rhogam so I knew I would need it, but I didn’t know I could potentially need it if I spotted (thankfully I haven’t yet).
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017