October 2018 Moms

GTKY - How many kids do you want?

2»

Re: GTKY - How many kids do you want?

•  We always agreed on 2, I was VERY firm on it and H agreed. We were in the hospital with #1 and started talking about 3. We'll make a firm decision after this one, but I think 3 is the goal. They're effort, but so much fun. We are currently looking at new houses so thinking about 3 kids did change the houses we're looking at. But that's about it
  • I'm done being pregnant after this and both my partners respect that. My queer partner and i would love to foster but with non monogamy whio knows if that'll be possible
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2018
    Well my first is a surprise and I'm still young. I wanted to wait a few more years but that's okay! If I'm in a much better place financially maybe about 5 or 6 years from now I'd like to have another.. Then one more after another 2 or 3 years.. Life never really goes as planned so I've realized but I would love a family of 5 with 3 beautiful children. Of course I want both sexes but my family is known for having boys.. My mother had 5 before I came along, then she stopped after she got her girl. Most of the women in my family have given birth to boys first and had a girl second though.
  • I thought I wanted 3, but now that im on baby #2. Its a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm young so theres a lot more time if I decide otherwise. 
  • We always talked about 2 or 3. We were 75% sure we wanted to have a third when we got pregnant with this one...so three kids it 100% is!  We’re excited. We’ll have 3 under 3 though which is making me all sorts of panicky. 
  • We’ve always wanted 3 but recently DH said he’d like 4. It took us over two years to conceive this one though (baby #2) so I think we just won’t prevent and if we don’t get pregnant in another couple of years maybe we’ll transfer one of our remaining embryos. I honestly can’t see myself ever being “done” though. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Ideally I want 3, but logistically and financially we’ll be probably done after this one.
  • 2? I don't know, man. I'm just hoping for the best with this one and not even close to considering another yet.
  • I’ve always said one but the second I say that everyone has an opinion...Hubby wants two so I told him we’ll see how one goes and I’d be alright with two but that’s enough for me... I LOVE LOVE LOVE children but my career is also very important... but I absolutely appreciate the women who are able to raise “a football team” - you go girls! 
  • If my pregnancies were easier and money was no factor, I’d love to have 3 or 4. But alas, life has other plans and I’m fairly sure we’ll be stopping at two unless there’s a woops in the future. We travel a lot and are excited to get to a point where we can regularly travel as a family, and that’s just easier and more financially responsible with two. If we won the lottery and could hire a surrogate and a nanny then I’d have a whole herd  :p
  • elliemakelliemak member
    edited March 2018
     @DunkinDecaf My hubby and I want to foster and possibly adopt too! That's awesome that you're considering that as well.
  • @elliemak future foster mom hi five! I’m really excited about it. Logistically we don’t really have space to foster in this house though, and I’m up to my neck in it with 2 (soon to be 3) little ones around. Hoping to start getting licensed as soon as we move, which will probably be in 2-3ish years, unless H gets a crazy raise or something. By then these kids will all be in preschool/school and hopefully I’ll have enough free time to start taking foster kids.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've always said either none or two. I was really unsure about if I wanted to be a mom. Having my bonus son totally changed that. I LOVE being a mom. Now that I have one, albeit part time, im good with just one more. I don't know if I could handle more. However, we will see after this. I'm 1 of 4 and love my big family.
    This is me, we literally said zero or two. And I’m 35 with this being my second. I’m all set after this. I probably could manage three but we can’t afford it.
  • I've always said I wanted 3, DS will be 7 next month and I'm currently expecting my second due in late October. The fact that I have been suffering through severe hyperemesis gravidarum this pregnancy (I have already been hospitalized 4 times and am only 9 weeks along) paired with a couple other factors has me feeling like this baby will be my last unless I change my mind a few years down the road. I've also always said I want to be done by the time I'm 30. I'll be 27 when baby#2 is born so I do still have those few years to make my mind up lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Between my SS and DS, I was done. #3 is a surprise. DH still wants another one (or two) but trying for DS was so hard and my pregnancies are not easy. I'm definitely done this time and will be more dedicated to my BC after this one comes until I can convince him to snip it!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015