July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 3/19

Re: Weekday Randoms 3/19

• Loading the player...
  • @kissableviv so what are your picks?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere we decided on the Uppababy Vista for the stroller and we'll get the new VW Tiguan for the SUV. it is sooooooooo pretty inside and super spacious. It's a little more money than the CRV but it has a completely different design and feels a little less "plasticky" to me. I'm used to DH's Acura so I'm spoiled, lol. It is a good compromise to avoid the unnecessary extra $$ for the Volvo which I also had my eye on.

Plus with the whole dieselgate fiasco, VW is now offering really good warranty on their vehicles. My FIL had a Toureg that got recalled because of that whole scandal and he got so much money once he traded it in!
  • @MichelleAG05 oh no! My husband does the same “flop like a whale” thing and it scares me each time the bed will break. 

Woo! I got an unexpected focal raise. Not much but still worth something with baby coming. 
  • @wildtot hooray for the raise! That's pretty great! @MichelleAG05 how annoying! I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep!

Today was bounce house/free play day and in addition to staying 10 ft away from my child I actively ignored him for the entire time we were there as he played with a group of boys. They were rough housing and chasing and I just let them handle things (unless it looked unsafe). And the other parents were totally cool too! I'm getting a little better at not helicoptering...although Saturday at a party that MIL and FIL were also at FIL called DS "wild" and I was like...is taht good?? Its always something!
  • @MichelleAG05 oh man!! Our bed frame broke when I was pregnant with my last baby. We ended up sleeping on the floor till I was like 36 weeks and couldn’t handle it anymore. Then DH built us a bed. Hope you’re able to get it figured out!

also- yay for hospital tours!! 

@wildtot congrats on your raise!!

I took DS to the docs today. Turns out he has strep. Hooray. But at least he should be able to go back to school tomorrow. 
  • @hillbillywife - I definitely thought through all the options last night when I wasn't sleeping and taking apart the frame and putting the mattress and boxspring on the floor is the top of the list.  That will give DH time to fix the frame (if he can).  The long-term plan was to move this bedroom set into the guest room once DD is ready to move to a big girl bed and get us a new King sized suite.  But that's still probably 2-3 years from now because the set she will move into (that's currently in the guest room) is really tall!  My dad built it for me when I was a girl so it's important to me that she use it.
  • Oh no @MichelleAG05 that sounds like a bad night! I also couldn't sleep, I don't know why, but I am SO tired. Driving to work this morning was a challenge. 

We turned in our official one month written notice this morning pulling our son out of daycare. For those who didn't read on another thread, we had a big issue with the facility and I was uncomfortable keeping him there. My mom also had just offered to watch him full time while we get back on our feet financially, so the timing worked out. But, I definitely cried while writing the letter last night. I am so sad about pulling him out for some reason - I guess because I want him to have the social interaction and the learning, plus I wanted his life to stay the same and not be interrupted by my husband's job loss. Technically we could keep him in now that my H got a new job, but after what happened with the daycare lying to us, I would have to find a new facility, and then I would just have to pull him out yet again this summer when the baby comes since it would be too tight financially to keep him in on just my husband's salary while I'm on leave. We'll just use these next few months to try to save money, but I have serious anxiety and guilt going on today. Ugh parenting decisions are hard. 

• @zande2016 think of it as a time he will get to bond with his grandma and get extra special 1 on 1 time. I think you made the right choice bc that place sounded super shady.
  • @zande2016 your doing what is right for you and your family. The daycare is a total fault for this. Glad to hear your mom can watch him and you can save some money. Social interaction and growth doesn’t necessarily mean will end because of this. Your son can continue to strive regardless! I agree that it’s a better move to do now than the summer because that can be a lot of change for a little one. *hugs* hang in there your doing great!
  • Sorry about the no sleep @MichelleAG05
    @hillbillywife, ugh, strep, well at least now you know and can focus on treating it.
    @zande2016 hugs. I also agree that this was the best decision, however I know it doesn't make it easier!

• Just in case anyone was planning on getting good deals at the BRU liquidation...
    https://money.cnn.com/2018/03/17/news/companies/toys-r-us-closing-questions-answered/index.html
  • zombiehoohaazombiehoohaa member
    edited March 2018
    Broke a molar lastnight while eating a tostada...ugh!!! Now I'm sitting at the dentist hoping to all the things holy:

1. Doesn't cost me an arm and a leg, even with insurance.
    2. It doesnt hurt.

Eta:
    Because Im pregnant, the dentist has to have written approval from my ob  to give me local
    anesthesia. So I'm not able to get anything taken care of until then. Dh is here bitching at me saying they can't help me and I need to just deal with the broken molar. Also, he is telling me I could have waited on this. He is irritating the F OUT of me. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• zande2016zande2016 member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the support @wildtot @kissableviv @moguippy! my mom used to watch him full time (well 4 days a week, my H always had Thursday's off before) from when he was born until 12 mos when he went into daycare. she was and still is amazing with him and they are very close and have a great bond, which I love, but I feel she keeps him inside too much and always has the TV on. It is more of an issue now that he's older and not an infant anymore. It's just habit/background noise a lot and I know she still interacts with him a ton, but I want to encourage her to get out with him more. Maybe I'll see if she wants to do a music class with him or something. He absolutely loves seeing his grandma and gets so excited when we tell him she's coming over, I just want him to be around other kids too. 
  • @MichelleAG05 that’s so sweet that your DD will get to use the bed your dad made you!

@kissableviv exactly! Time to get better! 

@zande2016 I’m so sorry this is a hard adjustment. I agree with what @wildtot said. He’ll be able to be well adjusted still. I’m sure your mom will do fun things with him that get him around other kids. And maybe this first step will lead to something even better! 

@zombiehoohaa fingers crossed for a good outcome!
  • @zande2016 maybe put together a list of activities for her to bring him to. Like reading hour at the library on tuesdays and play group on thursdays, etc. Maybe that could work?
  • @zombiehoohaa dentist wouldn’t do my fillings without an OB note. Such a pain!

@zande2016 i second the activity schedule or classes! Maybe look into some free days at local museums she can take him to. 
  • @runsomewhere Thanks for the advice! I haven't signed up for any birthing/pregnancy classes and don't think I'm going to, but this sounds like a good class. Just signed up!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @runsomewhere I went to a weekly breastfeeding support group with DD until I returned to work. It was 20-30 women in chairs in a circle just breastfeeding their baby. Everyone introduces themselves at the beginning and two lactation consultants assist anyone that wants it. It was 2 hours and most of the time was just chatting with other moms. I had a terrible start BF DD so I went the first week she was born and found it very therapeutic getting help, talking to people in similar situations, and just simply getting out of the house! I don't know if I can swing it once this LO comes since DD will only be 1 yo but I definitely recommend it (or something similar) to any mom, especially FTMs  :)
  • @zombiehoohaa no fun! I had a chippef tooth/filling done during my second tri with my first but some dentists are more cautious. 
    @zande2016 I so feel you. It is easy to just stay home but so so important for the littles to get socialized. Hope she is willing to take him to a class. 

sending health and caffeine vibes to everyone as well!! 

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Good luck with the tooth @zombiehoohaa! Dental issues are nooo fun, especially when pregnant. 
  • @zande2016 I’m glad you got everything figured out.  What a lucky kiddo to get to spend quality time with grandma!  As far as getting out, do you have a local children’s museum?  We got a membership to ours for a pretty reasonable one time fee.  We mostly go on the weekends for free play, but ours also offers tons of scheduled activities during the week.  Maybe you have something similar near you?
  • That's a good idea @tarheelgirl8 we do have a children's museum near us! 
  • So tomorrow is our 3rd wedding anniversary. I feel terrible that I haven't gotten him anything yet but he hates gifts and spending money and I work late tomorrow night. I got us sparkling juice for tonight and tomorrow and a cheesecake to have a mini celebration tonight after DD went to bed.  I really have any expectations but to be honest I will be really disappointed if he doesn't do anything tomorrow which feels silly since I didn't really do anything. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @lindsayleigh1989 happy anniversary! Anniversaries are hard, my DH is a little more romantic than me, and pre kid we always went out to eat. Post kid...not much happens, lol, but I always wish we did a little something. I hope your mini celebration turns out great!
  • @lindsayleigh1989 happy anniversary! We don’t do much either since our first one. At most we go out to dinner but not fancy. 
  • Found another consignment sale in early April! It’s starts during the week and goes into the weekend so hopefully they’ll still have stuff by the weekend. Me+consignment sale = danger for my wallet lol
  • @lindsayleigh1989 happy anniversary! My H is the same way. He would rather me not buy him anything big or expensive. And because he’s the only one making money I usually don’t do anything crazy for him. Hopefully you have a nice little celebration anyways though!
  • @zande2016 glad one stress is behind you - did you ever get a solid answer on what daycare was really doing? Was it just to make a spot like you thought?
    @wildtot I went to homegoods to pick up a wood cutting board to pyrograph a monogram on for the bridzilla shower this weekend and then got like 7x as much costing stuff for us/new kitchen lol and that was being reserved - oops

So I was poking around the internet about showers and found this horrendous bit of baby shower lack of etiquette (i'm still shaking my head and laughing) so thought I'd share:
    unbelievable-tales-of-baby-shower-gift-grubbing-greed/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 O. M. G. I just can't even think of anyone thinking that was ok. Like wtf. 
  • Just found out my insurance is grandfathered in and doesn't cover a free breast pump. wtf
  • @gingerbride26 I did not find out what really happened, but I decided to let it go for now, because I am afraid to report it or do anything that might make them mistreat my son in the month he last left there. Once he's done, I might write to or call the owners or look into reporting it. Not sure if I'll ever truly know what happened. 

@moguippy that is terrible, I'm sorry! Check local mom facebook groups and see if anyone is giving away an unopened pump - I see it all the time, sometimes women will get one through insurance but never use it. 
  • @moguippy I have grandfathered insurance so was surprised that mine did cover a pump. I talked to a friend and hers wasn't covered so she found a used one online for cheap but replaced all the tubing and parts that touch the milk. She said it ended up being was less expensive that way so maybe some thing you could look into? 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • I emailed the insurance and they will cover 80% of the cost of a pump (up to $500) after I reach my deductible, if I go to a covered retailer. According to their search tool, there is not a covered retailer in my state. wtf. why is this so difficult. I don't mind paying a little if it means I can pick what pump I want. But I don't want to drive 2 hours to get it. I emailed them back and told them to find me a covered retailer in my state. We'll see what they say... 
  • @moguippy i don’t know what grandfathered means in terms of insurance but that sucks!