September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/19

What’s going on this week? Share your randoms here. 

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/19

• Options
    MH had to report for Jury Duty selection this morning. When he got the letter in the mail, I panicked thinking it was for me and I started planning how I was going to get out of it by telling them I'd need hourly pee/snack breaks.

We are expected to get bad weather this afternoon  :o I'm planning to work through lunch and leave early to hopefully avoid driving in it. 
    I had jury duty while pregnant with DS. They wouldn't let me go based solely on the fact that I was pregnant and had to pee often. I was told I could go, but it wouldn't be considered serving and I could be called again soon instead of being on the 3 year exemption list for having served.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    St Patrick's Day weekend was a lot of fun but boy am I tired today!!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    @born2run911 I’m curious what they said when you told them you would have to bring baby with you since you were breastfeeding. I’m thinking if you had actually had to serve and showed up with a baby they would not have been happy.
  • Options
    Kind of a busy day at work, I'll likely be fairly MIA tomorrow through Thursday except at night since I'll be at a different location for my job. Looking forward to this weekend already, I have a hair cut scheduled and I'm  hoping my new ring will be in and I'll be able to go pick it up. Also I'm fairly certain my H is home all week which is great! We need some time together so I hope we can spend some QT together after DS goes to bed.
  • Options
    @born2run911 That's crazy! I had jury duty last year and a woman showed up with her infant, and they let her go five minutes later. 

• Options
    klj0228 said:
    @born2run911 I’m curious what they said when you told them you would have to bring baby with you since you were breastfeeding. I’m thinking if you had actually had to serve and showed up with a baby they would not have been happy.
    This happened to me and I was told I would have to make arrangements for someone to care for my daughter and that I was to not bring her to the courthouse. BFing was not an acceptable excuse.

I got exempted for being a college student :unamused:
  • Options
    @knitknitread WTF?! I’d raise some major hell about that if I couldn’t bring my newborn while breastfeeding. 

I have a relatively slow week this week and I’m so excited about it. Hoping to get computer work done for the business. Then some cleaning and finishing painting the nursery. Just one wall left!
  • Options
    @knitknitread that’s insane! It’s an newborn not a 6 month old or something. I practice in our circuit court almost daily so now you have me curious. Tomorrow I’m totally going to ask around for the policy. 
  • Options
    Oh, I made just they knew exactly how I felt about their policy. It was ridiculous. Hell, not everyone even has access to someone to watch their children anyway.
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn your DD is so cute! Glad your appt went well, hope it eases your mind for a while!
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn Oh my goodness! Your daughter is such a cutie! How did she react to the news?
  • Options
    So cute @jhjocelyn!! I love her excitement but hopefully tomorrow isn't overwhelming! 
  • Options
    @jhjocelyn so adorable!!! Wonderful happy news :)
  • Options
    @born2run911 Oh my gosh, that is so stressful! I'm so glad it worked out for you. I would also enjoy doing it, but not while pregnant or breastfeeding!

MH eventually got dismissed because they had enough people, but said after going through the selection process he would have been interested in serving on the jury. It was a first degree murder case! 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Options
    @EErin86 I always thought that was a myth!!
  • Options
    @southernlady07 I would love to sit in on that! 

@EErin86 I’ve had it work once but haven’t tried since. So interesting. 
  • Options
    @klj0228 that’s annoying that she’s so focused on herself. Some people just can’t let themselves not be the center of attention. 
    If it helps at all with the Nana/Nonna issue, my dad is Papa and DH’s dad is Papi. DS has never seemed confused about who’s who. (he does confuse Papi and Poppy the doggie that lives down the street, but that’s a whole other issue). If you just don’t want to let her have her way though I can’t blame you too much :)
  • Options
    @nackie I agree w knitknitread!
    Dd refused to say “grandma”, she would say “grammie” and “grand” and “ma”, but ask her to say “grandma” and she said “Fwafwa” thus my mother in law is now named Fwafwa by all the grankids... forst grankid perks! Haha 

Also, kids are super adaptable dd caught on early that some people have more than one name. We call my fil “Bamper” but he hates it, so when he is around he is “Granpa”. ...there may be a little spite involved among his kids... :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    @klj0228 my mom is really good at turning things around and making it about her, it drives me crazy. I have to limit my communication with her about certain topics to avoid the woe is me guilt trip. Also, it drives her nuts that DS says grandpa, nana and papa but not grammie. He tries to say something along those lines but it's hard to understand.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I know there is a chance our kid will just choose a name based on what they can pronounce or like to say. I do think a large part is I don’t want her to get her way. And by this being the first thing she brings up about the baby it felt like it was about her not us and baby. I’m sure I’m being at least slightly irrational. 
  • Options
    Also, it sounds like she didn’t get pissed and hold the text thing against you, so maybe give her a pass on this.