October 2018 Moms
Options

Stabby Saturday

2»

Re: Stabby Saturday

• Options
    @mytrueloves your Mom sounds toxic! I’m sorry she’s treating you this way.

@rc-cola i would definitely shop around for new OB. In 7 months your life may be in her hands.
  • Options
    Love the unicorns. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    DH is good with directions and he was questioning himself so I asked if he wanted me to check gps. Sure. Ok he is rambling talking to himself with directions and then I tell him what gps says. He goes off saying he just explained how he would get there. Ok crabby pants, you said I should check gps and so I did and I didn't listen to your ramblings as you talk to yourself a lot and how the heck would I know if you were comfortable with your rambling directions and didn't need gps anymore?
    Edit to add a word to clarify 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth Glad I'm the driver of this family! Husband is scared of me  :D

• Options
    S/o's father. Constantly talking crap about me when he comes into our home and calls me a wh***. He doesn't even know I'm pregnant yet and I'm terrified for my s/o to break the news. I won't be around when it happens. My hatred for him has gotten so bad I actually had a pregnant dream and throwing knives at him and killing him. I've never had a dream about killing someone ever. It was stressing to wake up and realize what I just dreamed about but now whenever he comes over and gets on my nerves with his BS it's a happy memory to think about. 
  • Options
    The guy in the drive through line at the donut shop. Thirty minutes to get a donut! There were only three cars in front of me. Almost gave up and went inside but it was raining and I was lazy. 
  • Options
    @theglitteredpterodactyl preach. Every time I make anything for my 3yo she goes “mmmm no I don’t like it” or “I can’t try it on though.” All my latest projects have been for DD2. No matter what I make, I get squeals and smiles and it’s immediately her new favorite thing. Babies are so much more appreciative.

also that dress is fricken adorable. Where did you find that fabric??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mytrueloves I am so sorry you have to deal with that. I just can't understand parents like that. And there's no f-in way my parent is taking my kid for that long. The only reason they'd ever get them for more than a weekend would be because I was going out of town. At one point my bonus son's Nana (his mom's mom) tolf him that daddy has to share him with Mom and Nana. um no lady. Your daughter can share her time, we do not share our time with you.

@theglitteredpterodactyl that dress is adorable.

@knottieamusements I wish you all the luck tonight!!

I'm just cranky today. hubby is at a wild game dinner. We were supposed to get a changing table from a lady of fb this am. I told her before noon. I texted at 10:15 that we'd be there at 11. She was supposed to send her address then. Well she doesn't respond so I drop hubby off with his buddies and she finally responds, but I can't get it myself. So we make arrangements for her bf to drop it off at 6pm. I'm supposed to get DH at 5. Of course at 4:15 he tells me that he won't be done until 6. So now I have to meet this guy myself. Hope that he and I can get it in my house and then go get my husband. 

On top of that. The midnight operator at MH job has been a no call/no show for 2 days. He was supposed to cover part of my husband's shift tomorrow. If he doesn't then they will get rid of shift trades which is how MH is able to go to Dr appointments with me without using his vacation time. So now he might have to do work, but won't know until midnight. And if this guy gets fired my husband will have to work 4am 12 hour shifts for several weeks.

Okay that was long
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited March 2018
    What a jerk @indias95! I can’t believe he uses that word / speaks to you that way and am so sorry you have to put up with him. Hopefully he isn’t around too much?
  • Options
    Thanks folks! Toddler was over the moon to wear it when it was actually time which helped. @DunkinDecaf joanns! It was with the doodles fabric and has just a bit of stretch. The dress pattern is Made By Rae's geranium dress which had a million options and it's the only pattern i have for woven fabrics lol
  • Options
    @theglitteredpterodactyl I have such a love/hate relationship with Joann’s. Where I am it’s basically the only option though. Anyway that’s so freakin cute. Definitely going to have to keep an eye out next time I’m over there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @theglitteredpterodactyl That is so adorable! I have tons of fabric, just no motivation to do anything with it. Seeing that makes me think I should probably try and get my butt in gear and put it to use!
  • Options
    @chopchop25 *Lurker* I thought I'd share my story to give you some hope. I went for a scan when I was supposed to be 7 weeks 0 days. I measured at exactly 6 weeks 0 days with a hb of 121. I thought for sure something was wrong and there was no way it was going to work. I was tracking with OPKs and 3 of those days were due to ovulating "late" but the other 4 I could not account for. I explained that to my doctor and she assured me that she was not concerned at all. Around that time I was also having some brown spotting so I was terrified. But I went back 2.5 weeks later and was measuring 8w6d (so 3 days "ahead") with a good heartbeat. I think the earlier scans have a large margin of error.   
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited March 2018
    @katherine8940 thank you so much for sharing your story! I am so glad it worked out for you, and fx we have a similar update! 
  • Options
    @KFrob how the hell did you NOT cry?!?! I would have had toddler worthy meltdown at this stage.
    Age 32, FTM, cis-hetero, married since 11-2016. Love is love is love is love.
  • Options
    @chopchop25 *Lurker* I thought I'd share my story to give you some hope. I went for a scan when I was supposed to be 7 weeks 0 days. I measured at exactly 6 weeks 0 days with a hb of 121. I thought for sure something was wrong and there was no way it was going to work. I was tracking with OPKs and 3 of those days were due to ovulating "late" but the other 4 I could not account for. I explained that to my doctor and she assured me that she was not concerned at all. Around that time I was also having some brown spotting so I was terrified. But I went back 2.5 weeks later and was measuring 8w6d (so 3 days "ahead") with a good heartbeat. I think the earlier scans have a large margin of error.   
    @nmadjeski
  • Options
    It's no longer Saturaday, but I was pretty worked up about this over the weekend... I told my aunt and grandma that I was pregnant. And my grandma keeps saying how we don't live close enough for them to help and "it takes a village" and basically acts like I better move back home immediately or I'll never make it. We live 700 miles away. It just annoys me that she acts like we have to have a ton of help. Thanks Nana, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has had a kid that hasn't lived near family. Plus we have plenty of friends and husband's family as well. Just because my brother and SIL need extra help from everyone...

I know that she likely means well, and she's also just old. And yes, I know it is nice to have help. I was just super annoyed by it. She's been saying it before I ever got pregnant. I'm also really the most independent one in the family, the only one who has moved away. Honestly, I'm glad I don't live so close to family because if they were stopping in everyday like they do to my brother, I'd definitely stab.
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 We moved back home when I was pregnant with DS, partly for the help along with numerous other reasons. Honestly, being so close to family has been more work than it has help. It took me a long time to get comfortable leaving DS with them, so we’d spend an entire day every weekend blocked off with grandparents. Eventually we had to tell them visits were going to be cut down to every other weekend because we had no time left for ourselves. It did not go over well. As he’s gotten older and I’ve gotten more comfortable leaving him, it has been nice to be able to drop him off and get some things done baby free. But generally being close is still more of a time sink than help. I’m sure everyone’s experience is different, but we’re also very independent, so we’d rather do everything ourselves. 
  • Options
    @tinattt23 I agree. I'm sure it has its pros and cons. Sometimes I think about how nice it would be, but then we go home for holidays and I'm reminded why I wanted some space. Not that my family is terrible by any means, just always been more independent.
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 we’re close to family (hour or less) and it hasn’t made that much difference. Yes, when I’ve been going through a rough patch they help, but on a regular basis no. It’s more “we never see you” then “how can i help you” for sure.
  • Options
    @hannaht8516

I have a friend that has 7 kids, including twins and triplets and their closest family is 8 hours away.  They are managing just fine.  Occasionally they do need some help and friends all know they have no family here so we jump in and do what we can.

I’m sure your grandma just misses you and wants you to move back home so she can see you and your baby.  My grandma cries every time my sister & nieces leave (they live 5 hours away).  She doesn’t do it to make my sister feel bad, although that is the effect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic