October 2018 Moms

Stabby Saturday

I haven’t seem this one in O18 yet. What’s got you stabby?

Re: Stabby Saturday

• I’ve got a few...

...DS woke up at 6:30
    ...I slept like crap last night
    ...We are getting our taxes done today (I’m not expecting a refund).
  • My son was up at 6 this morning. Usually it’s pulling teeth to get him up at 7 during the week
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not being able to sleep until even 5, 
    Feeling crappy from unhealthy dinner last night,
    Continued lack of symptoms/fleeting and inconsistent ones, and

*TW- the stress of waiting for our u/s this week. I feel like almost everyone else running behind in this BMB has not had good news so far and the stress/having to wait another week is making me super stabby. *end TW
  • @chopchop25 how far along are you? Waiting is so stressful!!
  • @chopchop25 I know what you mean.  My first appointment isn’t until March 28.  I don’t really have any reason to be seen earlier, but I’m excited to check in that everything is ok!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cdepperschmidt should have been 7w3d at last appointment and measured 6w3d, but we know ovulation date based on opks and temping.
  • KFrobKFrob member
    2 year old didn’t fall asleep until 10ish and was up before 7.  She already had one melt down.  Our down stairs neighbor is a nurse with late night hours.  She comes home in the middle of the night and makes SO MUCH noise so I was up for a couple of hours. Then while I was doing dishes this morning our pots and pans cabinet exploded.  The top shelf randomly fell down sending all the sheet pans and mixing bowls all over the floor. SO STABBY.  My saving grace is a Starbucks reward that I am definitely cashing in!! 

• Ugh @kfrob that sounds like a super annoying night and morning (not to mention a noisy one.) is downstairs neighbor noisy every night? I would lose my marbles.
  • @KFrob I would be super stabby too! Hopefully momma can get a nap later!
  • @chopchop25 that’s so frustrating! I hope your next appointment goes well! 

@KFrob 2 year olds really suck sometimes!
  • My contractor on one of my projects is making me stabby! I work for a design build company and we didn't win the construction on this project, which is normal as we can't win them all. So I'm still acting as the interior designer for my client but the contractor has it in his head that I'm out to get him. In the beginning he sent a nasty email to me by accident instead of his boss talking about me, saying he didn't like my attitude, when the email was me explaining I can't legally issue construction drawings until the permit was issued nothing rude just the truth. No apologies from him instead his boss said the email wasn't about me it was about someone else. Yeah right buddy! Then the first time I met him on site he was giving me grief for no reason. So I asked him what his problem was and he yelled at me and said I had the issue and I was "sour" and not cooperating because we didn't win the construction. I laughed at him and said why would I care, it's not like I have ANY investment or profit if my company wins a construction project. I'm only hired as the interior designer. So grow up and stop thinking I'm out to get him. Drives me nuts that most of the men in my industry think they can push the women around on site and talk like that to me! 
    Sorry that was a long rant but I'm peeved! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• @kfrob noisy neighbors are the worst, I feel for you. We lived through a guy who partied 5-6 days a week for over a year in our condo. We had to lawyer up and finally he grew up! Noise machines are miraculous things. We use it still to this day! Never slept better. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• @chyvie I would have a hard time not punching him and also find it super irritating that his boss said that - management should be upfront and honest and able to handle the issue. Sounds like an industry where there is probably a lot of mansplaining, as well. Blech.
  • Alright this might be a long one but here goes:

I've had a strained relationship with my mom for a while and I've been working on establishing boundaries and distancing myself with her. But we went to a family gathering last weekend and let it be known that I was pregnant. When news trickled back to my mom, she announced to the whole room and LOUDLY, that she was going to kick my ass for getting pregnant again. She later butted into the conversation I was having with someone else about my pregnancy to tell me not to get my hopes up that it would likely end in a loss because of a condition SHE has. As we were leaving, my little sister told me that my mother said I was never allowed to have another baby after this.
    DF was pissed and it ruined an otherwise nice visit.
    Then the next day she called me while DF was at work to scream at me about how much she hates my fiance and how disappointed and angry she was at me for 1) getting pregnant again and 2) "changing how I parent DD"
    I was like "wtf are you on about woman?" She says I've completely changed who I am and how I parent because of DF and that he's a controlling ass because, wait for it, we told her no when she asked to take DD FOR THE ENTIRE SUMMER. Even though I explained to her DD has summer camp that was expensive and we already paid for.
    Anyway she won't shut up about how terrible I am and then has the nerve to make a disgusting comment about my DF possibly being trans.
    I hung up, I blocked her, and I downloaded an app to block her text messages too. 

Yesterday I went to check that the app was working properly and realized that it logs all the blocked messages and I have FIFTEEN from her. I didn't open them but I saw some bits and it was all about how disappointed she is that I'm having a baby with my DF. What the actual....

So I'm very stabby at one particular person. Needless to say, she's staying very far away from this baby and my family.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves Holy. Shit. I'm in awe(and not in a good way) that someone can behave that way. Good for you for not murdering anyone yet. 
  • I’m stabby about this headache. It feels like I’m literally being stabbed in the noggin and I’m so over it. Also I have to go do our taxes today. Booooo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chopchop25 lots of mansplaining! I think after this maternity leave I'm going to not go back to interior design. It has jaded me and made me a bitter human because of all the stupid people I deal with. I have clients who don't understand anything about construction projects, then the engineers who are supposed to be smarter and paid more but we end up having to babysit and micromanage/ do their job, to the contractor who usually are trying to rip off the client and find more money. Then all the other people I have to deal with in between that. 
    I haven't figured out what I want to do yet. Maybe just be a dog walker and be happy with cute cuddly dogs! Sounds like heaven! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• @mytrueloves What. The. Hell. Glad you were able to set a limitation and then block her ass after she reached it. 
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited March 2018
    @mytrueloves I am so sorry you have to deal with that. Family acting up is the worst, and it is sad to hear that she cannot be a good support system for you.
    We actually haven’t talked to H’s family in three years because his mom is very similar. If you ever need to vent some more, feel free to reach out!
  • I'm so sorry, @mytrueloves. You're amazing for handling it so calmly! Your mom is behaving so inappropriately and you deserve to be supported. I hope that things get better, whether it's because she apologizes and your relationship heals or you are able to move on and find peace. 
  • @lynzev Thank you, I'm glad someone appreciates my restraint lol. 
    @stithof Yep and I'm getting my number changed so I don't even have to deal with those stored blocked messages.
    @chopchop25 I'm sorry to hear you were in the same boat but at the same time, glad to hear I'm not alone!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves that sounds infuriating. Difficult times with family are a special kind of stress.

@KFrob I hear you on the obnoxious neighbors. Our downstairs neighbors have a little party area set up right outside our window. It’s the only thing making me happy that winter is still happening.

My OB is king of making me feel stabby. I feel like she isn’t giving me information unless I ask very specific questions and I don’t always know what to ask. For example, she didn’t tell me the heart rate at the first u/s and I didn’t think to ask. She’s been evasive about explaining a weird test result. I might start looking for someone new but also it was hard enough to find her because of my insurance. I’ll probably give her a bit more time but argggg.
  • @mytrueloves ugh that sucks! I'm sorry she ruined your experience telling your family. How can our own mother's be so cruel and crazy? I disowned my parents because they are equally as dramatic and crazy. It was a big weight that lifted and now I'm more happy and less stressed about family situations. It's been 2 years and I have never looked back. Hopefully you can figure out what is best for you and your family and she can either respect that or leave you alone. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• @rc-cola OB issues are no fun. Fingers crossed you find a new OB that you click with.
    @gracehopper27 It definitely took all I had to just hang up and block her rather than go crazy on her. I'm in the moving on camp at the moment. I was planning on at least sending her an announcement when baby's born but now I don't even want to do that. I just can't get past the blatant disrespect she had for my partner.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves your mom sounds like a peach. Yikes. Good for you for setting boundaries. I hope she respects them. Also, seriously... the entire SUMMER?! Even if you hadn’t booked camp, how could she think that would be ok?? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf I have no idea! We let DD spend time with her over Christmas break and it was a disaster. I've been clear with her since that overnight visits are permanently off the table. So idk where she got this idea that taking her for the entire summer was a possibility.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • I have a booth at a wedding expo tomorrow and I feel so unprepared. Last year I had things very planned out, but this year between having a toddler and newly pregnant, it’s really thrown me off my game.
  • @mytrueloves Your mother seems to be living in her own little world where she is the only one who matters. If you have a good relationship with your sister I hope this doesn't affect it.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • @mytrueloves Holy crap! I would cut her out too that’s horrendous! I am so sorry you even had to go through that crap. I totally would have stabbed someone. 
  • Omg @mytrueloves I wouldn’t have been nearly as polite as you... much respect for how you handled it! 

I’d really like to stab everyone. And everything. I. Am. So. IRRITABLE. Mainly mad at myself that I picked up a shift this morning. I actually feel mostly ok so far today and DH is going hiking with some friends but I have to work. I hate worrying about money. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    I get to my favorite place on earth (Target) and find this:

I text DH, who’s out of town, that it was the final straw.  I’m actually surprised I didn’t cry.  
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @mytrueloves WOW! stay strong! It’s your life and she needs to respect your decisions.  You know what’s best for you and your family. Sometimes you just have to cut people out. 
  • @KFrob - oh, that is awful!  
  • @KFrob At least you only have to wait one more week?...and it'll be bigger and better then? Maybe? :|
  • No @kfrob nooooo. But also, yes to Target. It’s my happy place.
  • My stabby Saturday is preemptive- I have a couple of friends driving in from out of town for the afternoon/night.  When I offered to let them stay with me, I didn’t realize it was right after my dog’s surgery (he’s much happier today, but still...).

I’m also still annoyed with them pushing my privacy boundaries on their last visit- I told them I was dealing with some health stuff and couldn’t stay out super late (pregnant = 8pm bedtime).  But they aren’t on my list to tell I’m pregnant, and they got allllll concerned and parental and sh - and that is definitely NOT our dynamic, and is unwelcome.  And so I’m feeling all stabby about having to deal with that attitude, and I’m just not down to deal with it.  

Also- I had to sanitize my house of anything pregnancy related, cuz they are still on my “tell in the middle of April” list.  Cuz I’m obstinate.  And annoyed.