October 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 3/8

124»

Re: Randoms 3/8

• Options
    How do you run out of cheese?  Seriously.  
  • Options
    @DunkinDecaf og my gosh right here. I want to live off of tasty mango smoothies and nothing else. Crunchy salad also sounds good but like iceberg lettuce only lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @DunkinDecaf me!  I've having an awful time getting protein and smoothies are my saving grace.  
  • Options
    @DunkinDecaf bacon is literally the worst smell right now. Last pregnancy I wanted all fruit and veggies. This time it’s more carbs, but the vig
  • Options
    @DunkinDecaf @cdepperschmidt I feel bad for you guys... I loveee the smell of bacon!!
  • Options
    @DunkinDecaf @cdepperschmidt I feel bad for you guys... I loveee the smell of bacon!!
    So does non-pregnant me. But pregnant me can’t even handle the smell of rice right now so... bacon is well off the table.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So does non-pregnant me. But pregnant me can’t even handle the smell of rice right now so... bacon is well off the table.
    This. Pregnant me hates the smell of all things cooking, especially meat and coffee.
  • Options
    The only aversion I've had is to my husband's breath after he drinks beer. 

I have a crunchy iceberg lettuce salad for lunch today and I can't wait! 
  • Options
    I didn’t get a flu shot & may have been exposed to the flu 2 days ago... I’m so over flu season and all the cold weather.  I can’t wait for the pools to open and swimming to start!

I didn’t get the flu shot because during my previous pregnancy they told me that I was out of the first tri, so I could get the flu shot - implying that if I were in the first tri then I should wait.  Then when I m/cd in December 2 years ago, they asked me if I smoked, drank, or got a flu shot. It seemed pretty clear that getting it in the first tri or when TTC was not a good idea. We were TTC since September, so I never got one.  

I was told by an NP friend (who happens to work at an infertility clinic) that I can get the flu shot in the first tri.  She told me yesterday, so it won’t help if I did catch it Wednesday. The conflicting info is confusing though.  Was anybody else told (or implied) not to get it during the first tri? Or were you told it is ok?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2  I have always heard that it is especially important for women TTC or in their first trimester to get the flu shot because flu can be more severe in those who are pregnant.  The flu shot contains a dead virus and so it cannot make anyone sick.

But of course, it’s always best to check with your doctor or midwife. :)
  • Options
    @quiltandknit I haven’t seen my OB yet!  The drs at RE office haven’t said a word to me about the flu shot and until yesterday I thought it wasn’t recommended in the first tri so I didn’t ask them about it.   The risk, as I understood it, was potential harm to the baby/miscarriage risk, not actually getting the flu (because you can’t get it from the shot, although pregnant women were advised not to get the nasal spray when it was available).
  • Options
    i saw the flu shot is supposed to be healthy at any stage in pregnancy BUT they did have an issue with a few years (want to say 2012-2014?) and it seemed those that got it during first tri were at higher risk of mc with it but the few years mc did happen from the shot. I am 99% sure I got this from the CDC website so please go check it out.
  • Options
    i saw the flu shot is supposed to be healthy at any stage in pregnancy BUT they did have an issue with a few years (want to say 2012-2014?) and it seemed those that got it during first tri were at higher risk of mc with it but the few years mc did happen from the shot. I am 99% sure I got this from the CDC website so please go check it out.
    This totally makes sense.  My boys were born Feb 2013, so if that’s the case it makes sense that they mentioned me not being in the first tri.  Not sure about the one a couple years ago mentioning flu shot when I was m/c, but I did leave them for a variety of reasons. I do wish the RE would have mentioned the flu shot at my earlier appointments.  Now I just have to hope that the girl that is sick didn’t breathe on me.  I’ll definitely bring up the shot at my RE appointment on Wed.  Thanks @SweetSweetTooth I am not sure I would have found it in my searches for the conflicting recommendations.
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 @SweetSweetTooth I remember reading that on the CDC website too.
  • Options
    Granted the years of the issue they didn't know until like the year after that there were bad effects from it. At least that is what I got out of it. 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @cdepperschmidt @SweetSweetTooth
    I quickly looked it up and found 2 possible issues both on the CDC website. If women got flu shots in the consecutive flu seasons of 2010-2011 and 2011-2012, there was a higher chance of miscarriage. And the other one was the 2012 through 2015 flu years also possibly saw higher miscarriages for flu shots in the first tri.

It would have been fall 2012 that I was told that, so very possible they knew there was an issue (or at least that there had been an issue the previous year).

edit - it also might explain why I was asked about the flu shot 2 years ago.  They may have been collecting data to send to the CDC.  If there have been issues in the past, I’d imagine the CDC is still monitoring the situation, especially since it was the year after the most recent issue (2016).
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2 don’t make yourself crazy. Even if you’d gotten the flu shot you’d have a reasonable chance of getting sick. It doesn’t work as well as usual this year. I got the shot and still got the flu a couple months ago. I hope you’re healthy! It’s miserable this year. I thought I had food poisoning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @DunkinDecaf. I felt really stupid thinking that we weren’t supposed to get it in the first tri when others seemed to know we were.  Finding the explaination actually made me feel better... and now knowing all the years that there are possible issues plus my history of m/c, I may have skipped it anyway, especially since it wasn’t that long ago and it isn’t all that effective this year.

So far, so good on the health.  Tomorrow is day 4, so I’m sure it’s fine. Glad you’re over it too.  Everything this year seems worse than normal. My kids got pink eye, ear infections and pneumonia from colds and they usually only get a mild cold once in the winter. Spring can’t get here fast enough!
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited March 2018
    Also, I'm totally game for a snark thread. Can we make that happen?
    @mytrueloves seems we never got around for this, but I was just directed from another board that the Rash thread in Nov which became fun before getting closed! Not super snarky, but some good gifs and entertaining convo. Super late to the game on that one as it seems some of our O18 ladies were over there :)
  • Options
    Also, I'm totally game for a snark thread. Can we make that happen?
    @mytrueloves seems we never got around for this, but I was just directed from another board that the Rash thread in Nov which became fun before getting closed! Not super snarky, but some good gifs and entertaining convo. Super late to the game on that one as it seems some of our O18 ladies were over there :)
    I thought that was what the Ramzi threads were for?
  • Options
    @chopchop25 So I went lurking and my jaw dropped! The entire thread was pretty "tame" but entertaining due to the slight snark responses and the OP responding back so proper and with too much effort! LOL 

PS - how do you ladies have time to lurk other boards. I can barely keep up with one! I am always checking at work and feeling guilty!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    OMG - the rash thread was lovely.  I love how at one point the OP claimed to not be a member of the board - umm- why are you posting there then?  
  • Options
    chyvie said:

PS - how do you ladies have time to lurk other boards. I can barely keep up with one! I am always checking at work and feeling guilty!
    That's the difference @chyvie, I don't feel bad ;) kidding aside, I check it out for mental breaks. It helps me reset when I dive back in. And now I'm on while we're all listening to our earnings call. I definitely should spend less time on here, though, it's just easy to hang out here when my friends are out drinking and stuff.
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I agree it's a good outlet for mental breaks and think this community we are building it amazing and so supportive. I'm really enjoying it! I also enjoy you pointing out the juicy threads because not only are they gold but it makes me appreciate this board even more. We all are beautiful ladies with class and emense knowledge.  :)
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    I enjoy this so much more than the FB groups I joined. There's so much random crap on FB. And I feel like I can actually connect with you ladies. Yesterday I was barely on because of how sick I've been and I feel like I missed out! haha. I'm trying to catch up!
  • Options
    ;)@sammierose464 agreed! I was sick last week and just in survival mode and I felt like I was gone for weeks and had to catch up!
  • Options
    The OPs responses on that Rash thread were just ridiculous. Nothing says "Look at me" more. And her responses just came off as so entitled. Lady, we're on a pregnancy board. I don't want to have to pull out a dictionary to read your response. 

Also.. what does QFP stand for?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @sammierose464 Quoted for Posterity. So when the OP does a dirty delete we can all still laugh at the crazy they posted.
  • Options
    Thank you! Im used to the FB world of SS or Screen Shotting everything for when DD's occur. I appreciate the QFP for sure!
  • Options
    How do you QFP?
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    @chyvie - in anyone's post, at the bottom, there are four options (report, quote, love it, reply.) Just click quote and it should add it to your textbox from which you normally write a post (likely at the bottom of your screen.)
  • Options
    Thanks! Now I see it! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016