October 2018 Moms

Rescheduling vacations/plans due to pregnancy

I had all these plans in case we didn't get a BFP this year.  Small vacations planned for June, July, and a big trip in August and now I'll need to reschedule because I just don't think I'll be very comfortable 7-8 months pregnant on a hot beach.  I do have a work trip in August and I think that will be the last of my travel until baby arrives.  Then we'll probably travel for Christmas with baby....eek!

How late are you planning on traveling while pregnant?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Rescheduling vacations/plans due to pregnancy

• I currently have plans in May, June and August with no plans to change.
  • We usually take all of the 4th of July week off and go up-north to MI's Upper Peninsula. Thankfully it doesn't get too warm up there, usually fairly comfortable. However, we camp when we go. I'm really debating if at 6 months pregnant I'll be wanting to sleep on an air mattress every night... I'm trying to decide what I want to do for this trip now.
  • Loading the player...
  • We had a trip planned to go to California with DD for a Porsche event the weekend of Sept 27th. Well I'm due Oct 27th now, so that's definitely not happening since that's literally the opposite side of the country and I'm pretty sure I can't fly that late. Nor would I want to. I'm pretty sad because it's my favorite event and it only happens every 3 years. 
  • I live 10 minutes from the beach and go 4-5 times a week even when pregnant. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • We usually take all of the 4th of July week off and go up-north to MI's Upper Peninsula. Thankfully it doesn't get too warm up there, usually fairly comfortable. However, we camp when we go. I'm really debating if at 6 months pregnant I'll be wanting to sleep on an air mattress every night... I'm trying to decide what I want to do for this trip now.
    I feel you!  We have a travel trailer and were supposed to go camping in August to Destin.  Nope!  I'm not driving 8+ hours and then sleeping in an uncomfortable bed.  We're going in June/July at the latest and we're renting a condo!

We are camping in April and maybe June.  It's going to be a short camping season for us.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We want to do a little trip to the mountains my May/June. That’s probably it. Last time we moved from TX to CA when I was 6 months pregnant. This time I’m just going to chill. 
  • Last time, my doctor had me stop flying for work at 34 weeks, and not drive more than an hour after 36 weeks. (with one exception to see family 2 1/2 hours away) She said if i'm going to travel more than an hour, to just know where a hospital is just in case :).  I intend to go by the same guidelines this time around unless there are complications.  
  • Last time I did go to a Packer game (less than two hour drive) five days before my due date...my dr just made me promise not to try to drive home if my water broke at Lambeau!
  • We had planned to go to Vancouver in late July - it will be much cooler there than in TX and I'll only be about 6 months, so for now we're still planning to go. That will be our last trip until 2019 :)
  • Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend my sister-in-law's wedding in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in May because of Zika.

That was the only thing we had planned. Maybe we'll do a long weekend in Upstate NY sometime this summer?
  • DH has a conference in Cabo next month and doc advised me not to go :( so I am super sad but will take the time to go visit family in NY instead. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • norahkate said:
    I live 10 minutes from the beach and go 4-5 times a week even when pregnant. 

then I think my plan is to visit @hellopartyof5
    Ha! Do it @norahkate !
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • I turn 30 in June so originally we wanted to do an all inclusive in DR. I know it sounds morbid but realistically if this doesn't pan out, we'll probably still do it. DD was walking her first wedding in LA in late August for one of my best friends and we had to cancel that but it worked out because turns out that's the Saturday before school starts. Hoping this bean has a heartbeat next week so we can plan where we want to go in June, I'm leaning towards Savannah. 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are planning to go to Colorado in June or July, but that's it. The OB didn't seem concerned. Our other option was The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida, but I wouldn't be able to do any rides and realistically, walking around a theme park in June/July while 5-6 months pregnant doesn't really make much sense. OB was pushing us to do Colorado instead and it sounds more relaxing.
  • I had all these plans in case we didn't get a BFP this year.  Small vacations planned for June, July, and a big trip in August and now I'll need to reschedule because I just don't think I'll be very comfortable 7-8 months pregnant on a hot beach.  I do have a work trip in August and I think that will be the last of my travel until baby arrives.  Then we'll probably travel for Christmas with baby....eek!

I traveled at Christmas after our first October baby and it was totally doable! Flying with a newborn is way easier than toddlers. Realistic expectations should set you up for a good break from the monotony of the first few months!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We flew to visit my SIL when our first was two weeks old (at her urging...she is an OB, but admittedly did not have children at that time). She convinced us it would be great! and really, it was a wonderful visit...but we did get stuck at O'Hare on the way home, with my ridiculous milk supply that he could not begin to keep up with and my breast pump in my checked luggage (flash to me trying to hand express milk in an airport bathroom stall) and ended up sharing the last available rental car we could find with a couple other women from our flight and driving home to Wisconsin.

That being said, I agree that the actual having a newborn part was so easy compared to flying when they are a little older, and we would do it again (just maybe after a month or so). ;)

• mariek312 said:
    I had all these plans in case we didn't get a BFP this year.  Small vacations planned for June, July, and a big trip in August and now I'll need to reschedule because I just don't think I'll be very comfortable 7-8 months pregnant on a hot beach.  I do have a work trip in August and I think that will be the last of my travel until baby arrives.  Then we'll probably travel for Christmas with baby....eek!

I traveled at Christmas after our first October baby and it was totally doable! Flying with a newborn is way easier than toddlers. Realistic expectations should set you up for a good break from the monotony of the first few months!
    Yes, we traveled a ton the first year, DS's first flight was at 2.5m, then 3m and so on, so easy

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lisa3379Lisa3379 member
    edited March 2018
    I might be going to DC in early August for a December 2016 mom meetup. Haven’t booked it yet so TBD. 
  • We are leaving for a trip to florida this weekend! yay! We also have a long weekend planned at the beach/cabin camping for memorial day and we are going on a week long beach trip in June.  We have been doing our family trips in August but were planning to get pregnant so we decided on June this year. 
  • DH thinks we are still going to bring our 2 kids camping in VT, 4 hours away, in late August.  LOL.

image        image

• OP with my first pregnancy I was due the first week in november and traveled at the beginning of August. We did a 9 hour car ride. It wasn’t bad, you just have to get out and move every few hours. The beach was still nice. It was a bit harder to get comfy sometimes, but I never regretted the trip. We don’t have a family vacation planned this summer as of now, but if one comes up I was probably still go.
  • edited March 2018
    My work travel plans end in May (by design- thankfully, I get to choose my annual training opportunities).

I’m taking a road trip to visit my parents in July, which is my annual thing.  

I’m planning to ask one of cousins to have a legal role if anything happens to me, but I want that to be in person.  So, I’m planning a road trip to Kansas City- probably in July or August.  I can’t set a date on that until after I start letting extended family/friends know.  
  • @stithof we had to cancel a trip to the DR as well :( darn Zika!! I know so many people say the resorts spray really well for mosquitoes but not worth the risk in my opinion. Just really sucks to not go! 
  • We were planning on going to an all inclusive for adult drinky/sexy time this month but changed our flights and bought DS a ticket and now we’re going to Disney. 

We will be “traveling” in September when we move from AZ to Nor Cal. So, that should be interesting. Unfortunately, I don’t believe I can reschedule that. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Baby's due October 18 and our wedding is November 11  :# In Niagara Falls
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @mytrueloves A mom in DS’s play group had her wedding booked in Belize a month after her due date. Baby ended up being almost two weeks late, but they still pulled it off (with baby in tow). 
  • @stithof we had to cancel a trip to the DR as well :( darn Zika!! I know so many people say the resorts spray really well for mosquitoes but not worth the risk in my opinion. Just really sucks to not go! 
    We traveled to Central America last August and then had to wait 6 months to conceive.  Good thing we got it in the first try!  Now we won't be going international until the baby arrives for fear of Zika.  My SIL was pregnant in Houston last year and there was so much bug spray around her all summer long - now it'll be my turn.
  • @tinattt23 That's great to hear! I'm suddenly more confident in my ability to do the thing lol
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @tropical1982 We were living in Houston when I was pregnant with DS in 2016 (when Zika was all over the news). And no matter what I did I was covered in bites. Nerve wrecking.