May 2018 Moms

Weekly check in: 03/05 - first week of May 04/29-05/04

Let's see if I can successfully create a new discussion and lure my ladies back to get caught up

Re: Weekly check in: 03/05 - first week of May 04/29-05/04

• Nooooo!  Where is the rest of my post??

Weekly check in for people who are due the first week of May: 4/29-5/5

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY:  Do you have a deadline/timeframe in mind of when you’d like to be ready, in the event of an early arrival?  ie: hospital bag packed, nursery ready, baby clothes and supplies ready etc?
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?  31+5, May 2, asparagus. I put in for my mat leave starting April 25, 6 more weeks of work left!!

Not much new this week, still with the heartburn, sore hips and lack of sleep.  We did buy a glider though, I had no idea they were so awesome!!  Spinning and rocking in major comfort!  I figure I might try to sleep in it if sore hips from laying on my side keeps waking me up.  I have a rocking chair in ds room, it was my grandmas so it’s sentimental, but it’s nowhere near as comfy. 

So many appointments!  I had my fasting glucose tolerance test today after failing my 1 hour challenge.  Found out I failed the first one by 0.1 so I’m feeling good about this one.  Spending 2.5 hours at the lab is no fun, although my brother happened to randomly be there as a walk in, so I had company for an hour.  I have an ultrasound on Wednesday, and then my last appointment with my maternity clinic on Thursday.  Off to the OB in 2 weeks!!

GTKY:  Do you 
     have a deadline/timeframe in mind of when you’d like to be ready, in the event of an early arrival?  ie: hospital bag packed, nursery ready, baby clothes and supplies ready etc?
    I figure I’ll have the majority of the prep work done by 35 weeks.  We have a few pieces of furniture to pick up, but the nursery is painted and the decal is up.  I have a week off before Easter, I’ll power through everything and then just coast until the end.  I’m not really worried about an early delivery but you never know!!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?
    32+4 April 27, squash!

Mostly just tired. I wake up a lot now just from general discomfort.

regular dr appointment next week but nothing this week baby wise

GTKY:  Do you have a deadline/timeframe in mind of when you’d like to be ready, in the event of an early arrival?  ie: hospital bag packed, nursery ready, baby clothes and supplies ready etc?
    Around 36 weeks. I think that's when I got ready with DS. My bag was packed, I had the basics for supplies and the car seat was installed. 

@squashandlaces fingers crossed for good results on your test!!
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 32+1, squash, due 5/1

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Baby boy is still breech so I’m startinh to try all the things although my midwife said not to worry until about 34 weeks. Heartburn is getting so bad.

Any upcoming appointments? I had one yesterday so I’ll go back in two weeks, then start going weekly.

Not really, but like @onesmallcoconut I think 36ish weeks is when I’ll get around to it.
  • @onesmallcoconut thank you!  I passed, woohoo!
    I hate the waking up from general discomfort.  It would be really nice to get a solid night sleep!

@MissusTexas  good luck getting your baby to turn!  Were your other 2 breech?  I think this is your third...

• @squashandlaces no, they weren’t, so this is all new to me. My midwife said that if it comes to it she can try to trim him (ECV) and it is usually a little easier on STM+ because “the uterus is so stretched out already.”  :|
  • @MissusTexas nothing is more fun than someone telling you that your uterus is already stretched out. 
  • @MissusTexas well at least you have time and a stretched out uterus on your side.  lol.  Too bad your midwife didn’t have a more flattering description!  
    My first was breech at 32 and when I went in for an ecv at 37 he was mostly head down, I hope yours finds his way on his own :)
  • MissusTexasMissusTexas member
    edited March 2018
    @squashandlaces that is encouraging!  Me and my stretched out ute will just be waiting patiently for him to flip  :D