October 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms week 3/5

2»

Re: Symptoms week 3/5

• Options
    6+5 - mostly just so tired, especially in the late afternoon after I pick up my big kids from school. I usually am hustling them around to activities and yesterday I fell asleep in the car waiting for my daughter at ballet. I've been going to sleep right after I put the kids to bed, at like 8:30.

Otherwise I'm mildly nauseated all day - especially in the car. 
  • Options
    7+3 weeks

Having some brown or pink spotting the past few days. I called my doctor and she wants me to get labs done. No cramping. Anyone else experience this? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    7w5d here - 
    Last week was awful with nasuea, but I'm glad I haven't joined in on the puke party. The seasons changing means I had a lot of post-nasal drip which did not help I'm sure. I'm still stuffy and feel kind of "yuck" but not as bad this week. It's just starting to get annoying. I feel better when I eat, like, if I KEEP eating I feel ok, but then 5-10 minutes after I stop, the "yuck" comes back. I'm having a hard time finding things I can constantly snack on. 
  • Options
    @purple_2012 I swear I keep seeing people look at my belly and I can just see the question burning in them. haha. and YES, maternity clothes are way more comfy. I keep wondering when it's okay to bust out my maternity shirts. haha!

@aels12 yes! it's so weird! I was SO sick with my daughter that this is just throwing me WAY off. I know I should be thankful, but I cant help but worry since I really dont seem to have many symptoms right now. I bought all the ginger ale, ginger candy, sour candy, etc in preparation for the sickness this time and I've barely touched it! I just know it's about to kick in and make up for itself soon. haha.

@acciocoffee YES! maybe that's what it is. I showed a good friend at work and she was like- yep! it's definitely different than it was last week. So I know it's not in my head! I'm still trying to hide it too, but I feel like it's getting hard. lol
  • Options
     I keep wondering when it's okay to bust out my maternity shirts. haha!
    So, I was out shopping with one of my friends last weekend, and she tried on this shirt that was particularly unflattering- I told her that the shirt might confuse people since I’m the one who is pregnant, not her. She laughed and put it back. 
  • Options
    This morning I got a lovely migraine on top of MS. It’s pretty awesome.
  • Options
    WagsFTWWagsFTW member
    edited March 2018
    I'm in my 9th week. Thankful my nausea has been very minor the past few weeks. Had some a day or two last week, but have felt fairly normal since. My major symptoms are TONS of gas (burping and super stinky farts), and some heartburn. And lots of bloating. And I've been getting VERY tired in the afternoons/evenings.

Already started wearing a bella band with my skinny jeans and ordered some maternity pants/shirts. Some of my fitted shirts may get stored already so people don't start speculating. 
  • Options
    8w5d: Still just so very tired, very mild nausea maybe a couple times a week. Constipated. Tired. Starting to pull and stretch every time I cough or sneeze. Oh, and tired.
  • Options
    8w5d: nausea is very bad but doc put me on Diclectin which I've been taking at night. It seems to help and (bonus) helps me sleep too! I'm still exhausted all the time, in bed my 9pm. And I feel starving most of the time...countimg down the wks till second tri!
  • Options
    So I fell down some stairs weeks ago and all was good minus some lower back pain/hip pain that started the next day. It's been like 3 weeks at this point and I'm still getting this hip pain and now mid back pain. Im wondering if it's just a coincidence this started after I fell. Is it too early to be getting pains from stuff shifting and growing? 
  • Options
    6+6

All the normal stuff - nauseated, sore boobs, thankfully only a little tired.  Apparently my bowels are much more sensitive than they used to be because the constipation is causing some not so nice TMI issues (after talking to the dr earlier this week it’s almost resolved).... but the anxiety is getting bad.  I normally have some anxiety brought on by hormones, but I don’t remember it being this hard last time.  Maybe it’s because some of these symptoms that I didn’t have last time, but I was not nearly as anxious last time. The “fever” of 99.5 isn’t helping anything either. 

@nayyohme Did you see a chiropractor after you fell?  When I fell down the stairs, everything went out of alignment.  If you haven’t seen one, it could be from the fall and things are just out of place.  On the other hand, when I was pregnant with my twins, my hips hurt so bad at 10 weeks that I was waddling (again, the chiropractor fixed that & regular visits kept me from waddling throughout my entire pregnancy).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @purplegoldfish2
    No I haven't seen anyone for it because I figured I probably needed to take Ibuprofen to help with swelling but since I can't take that it just seemed pointless. Maybe I'll look into it further on though.
  • Options
    @nayyohme When I fell, I wasn’t pregnant and still didn’t take anything for it.  Just getting adjusted relieved a lot of my pain.  A chiropractor should be able to help you.  Just make sure they know you’re pregnant or find one that specializes in prenatal care.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Can you get adjusted in the first Tri? I keep meaning to call mine and confirm. I need to go in
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I went at like 5 weeks, but it was with someone who only works with pregnant women. 
  • Options
    @sammierose464 Yes. I’ve been adjusted twice. You can’t do muscle stimulation though.
  • Options
    Has anyone experienced bleeding and didn't  miscarry?  I didn't at all with my first and have been spotting today. Doctor said I have to go tomorrow for hcg test....freaking out. 
  • Options
    ***lurking***

@kylaoneill A couple weeks ago I had some fairly significant red bleeding. Like, I felt it coming out of me when I went to the bathroom. That lasted a short time, but continued to spot until it finally faded the next day. My RE had me come in for a hcg test, which showed a great number. They thought it was a fluke and weren’t concerned at all. They told me some bleeding could be normal, but always have it checked out. Good luck, hope everything is ok! 
  • Options
    Thank you. That gives me some peice of mind.   Will see how it goes after test. 
  • Options

8 weeks 5 days. I hope I'm not jinxing myself but the nausea has gone from "sprinting to the bathroom" to mild! I hope it stays this way and it's not a 2 day fluke.

Boobs are still really tender and painful. I feel bad for my husband bc they are his favorite and he's forbidden from even looking at them too hard, let alone touching or licking haha.

And my patience is gone. It was sucked out of me completely and I give zero f*cks about things that aren't my problem lol. I'm normally one to go out of my way to "help" other people (aka do their jobs for them) and I'm not doing it right now. I tell them I'm stretched too thin and I'm sorry I can't help. They can put on their big kid undies and figure out their own jobs without dumping it on me because they know I'll do it.

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• Options
    Ugh! Dealing with some issues that are causing anxiety. TMI warning...

Called my doc this morning cause I have been having some lady part itching for the past few days and I wasnt sure if it was hormone related or something else. About 6 months ago I had some issues with BV/yeast. They just called back and said to treat it like yeast. So obviously I will do that. But I’m having anxiety. What if it’s not yeast and it makes it worse? Yeast is harmless, but if it’s BV that could cause issues with pregnancy. Tomorrow’s Friday so I am nervous about having an issue all weekend. She said I could call back anytime if I had an issue, but I hate taking meds without being seen. I should probably also mention I have heath anxiety. 
  • Options
    I'm 9 weeks and 7 days. The main one is Morning sickness to the extreme all day.. Me being lazy most of the day.. Back is hurting from carrying my 5 month old.. And just being hungry all the time.
  • Options
    Might move this to symptoms w/o 3-12 when it gets opened but wanted to post now for ... reassurance I guess?  So I got to see our Munchkin on Thursday, 6w4d right on schedule. "Strong heartbeat, looks really good!" She didn't give me a HB # tho. (Really the only reason she did t/vU me so early was because she doesn't deliver anymore so she confirms the pregnancy and then refers me to someone else in the practice. I'm 32 FTM no issues, but did have a CP in Jan so it's adding to anxiety.) BUT...then I started spotting last night (Sat night). Just a bit, then even less today, all brown not red. I'm going to say no cramping but really I have no idea, the last 10 wks have felt like one continuous mild cramp (doc says that's what I get for having no periods for last 4 yrs thanks to IUD, I literally haven't felt things in my uterus for 4 yrs lol!). She said it's probably fine, she'll see me tomm for reassurance ultrasound, and told me to call my OB to see if he wanted to move up my Mar 20 appt. But I'm of course totally freaked. And I threw up today (twice) for the first time so I feel like if I m/c now this is royally unfair. Thoughts? 
    Age 32, FTM, cis-hetero, married since 11-2016. Love is love is love is love.
  • Options
    @legalmamanyc No thoughts on spotting as I feel like that’s a hard symptom to distinguish, but glad she will see you again tomorrow. Sounds like doc is confident so hope the next u/s shows things continuing to move along!

@cdepperschmidt How are you feeling? Hope you’re not too uncomfortable!
  • Options
    @legalmamanyc my dr told me to only worry if it was period like blood and I was having bad cramping at the same time. A friend of mine who's about 13 weeks just announced hers. She told me she's been spotting very consistently, but that everything is fine. She has to go in every time she spots because of her blood type, but the dr isn't highly concerned. I wouldn't stress too much!
  • Options
    Well, still strong heartbeat and proper growth so doc isn't concerned! But I'm still very nervous. (And yeah I'm rhneg so I have to go in almost every time too. Sigh.)
    Age 32, FTM, cis-hetero, married since 11-2016. Love is love is love is love.
  • Options
    That sounds like great news @legalmamanyc! Sorry you have to go in so much, but what a wonderful update today!
  • Options
    Glad to hear everything is good! I know it can be scary, but at least you got some good reassurance.
  • Options
    @chopchop25 Thanks for asking. I doing okay, I’ve been using the OTC stuff, which has been fine. Hopefully everything will clear up by my appointment next week and I can get a clean bill of health.