Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTCAL - March 5th

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What's the top thing on your bucket list?

Re: TTCAL - March 5th

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly Ohh my goodness. I hope you are able to adjust back to being at work quickly! I understand being honest and upfront. I am the same way! I was never good at keeping things from my bosses and co-workers. I prefer them knowing about something being wrong, rather than just wondering and thinking the wrong things. Hugs to you darling. I can't imagine what you are going through!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Options
    wrensnest so so sorry youre going through this.. thats exactly how my last mc went... hope and doom all together at one time. Of course you are taking it hard. Hope you can get some downtime to process and know we are here for you...

Whitmore1027 I know how you feel with your mom knowing... its a weird combination of having support and maintaining privacy. For me, nobody loves me like my family, but it also feel like work dealing with their sadness too... like its hard enough to manage my own. My mom knows (because she lives with me and my husband) and she has tried hard not to put her grief on me, but I do feel guilty for putting her through this... its complicated, right?

Kath525 loss anniversaries are so tough... so awesome your DH is making you feel loved and supported!

prpl11butterfly sending hugs... Im always so sorry to see another woman end up here, but everyone here is absolutely lovely. So great you could tell your colleagues and get support there as well.
  • Options
    ChloandCoco pregnancy announcments and BFN's at the same time are awful... hugs to you...
  • Options
    Can I ask a question here?

Just to start, I'm so sorry that everyone has to be here. I hope our time here is short!
    *TW I think* After a blighted ovum at the beginning of February and a D&C last week I'm wondering when to expect my period.
    Last Thursday I had an ultrasound that showed retained tissue after using cytotec. The ultrasound also showed that I was likely to ovulate very soon, but needed a D&C, so it's not like we could take advantage of the O. My question is, should I still expect my period in a couple weeks? The D&C wouldn't mess with my hormones in a way to affect my period would it? Maybe it'll just be a lighter period?

I suppose now that I go here I should def start answering the actual questions. Next week hopefully I'll have the time/strength to really contribute.
    Thanks so much for your best guesses! 
  • Options
    Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC discovered at 9 weeks (6 weeks 4 days), failed medicazl management then successful D&C

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Back from the nicest holiday in Queenstown, it was perfect and work wasn't as chaotic as I anticipated it to be when I got back so thats great. Also getting all the signs that ovulation is imminent which is nice.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Will dehydrate myself this avo and OPK

GTKY: What's the top thing on your bucket list? Travelling really, everywhere. Europe probably to start.
  • Options
    @galactickates I'm sorry :(
    @wrensnest @Whitmore1027 @prpl11butterfly sorry both you ladies find yourself here
    @ChloandCoco I'm so sorry you've had such a rough week. Pregnancy announcements can really suck
    @dAsch14 After a D&C you can expect a period 4-8 weeks after. From my experience the first period post D&C was longer and more painful. Sorry for you're loss

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. 2 early losses(8/17, 1/18)

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? I've not been doing great this weekend I had a meltdown this weekend, and at the moment I can't even remember what started it. It did hit me this weekend that I was supposed to be having a baby this month and now I'm not. I'm so terrified to start trying again and I don't know what to do about that. I was so hopeful we'd find something we could fix, but we didn't. I'm just taking it a month at a time and shooting for May. We should get my father in laws pathology results from his bladder mass today, that also has been adding to the stress.
    RAVE: I had a amazing workout this morning. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? We had the Factor five and Gene mutation test last week we should get those in the next couple days. 

GTKY: What's the top thing on your bucket list? Greece, The Holy Lands, Sweden 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @lokibear89 That's really great that you had such a nice time on your holiday! And good luck this cycle!
    @suzycupcake I have no idea what kind of yoga I'm doing. My cousin is staying with us right now and she's a personal trainer, so she's been doing it with me. It's mostly stretching with some planking and push-ups. She knows that I hate working out, so the less she tells me, the better. Haha! 
  • Options
    dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited March 2018
    dAsch14 so sorry you had to deal with retained tissue... this one is definitely above my knowledge, but I can tell you from my own experience that you CAN ovulate before your period. The problem is no one can really say when. A D&C can affect your hormones in the way any operation can impact ovulation.... its a well controlled operation, but to your body, you uterine lining was just removed... that may or may not impact your ovulation just as something stressful can delay O. I wish I had charted that cycle after my early spring MC because I would have know I was ovulating. Unfortunately I MCed that next cycle as well... If you are cleared to TTC then if I were you I would chart so you can see if you do actually O. Some women don't O (even if you have an egg gearing up before your operation) and will have a withdrawal bleed and then O next cycle. You can ask your doctor if it is possible (I asked because I wanted to be careful and have a cycle to heal, but my doctor said I was unlikely to ovulate after a d&c at my age :/ )
  • Options
    @galactickates, Northern lights would be amazing. You can get flights here in NZ to see the southern lights which while not supposed to be as good as the Northern ones is still very tempting.

@wrensnest I am so sorry for your loss, be upset and cry its the most natural thing in the world.

@dragonette505 good luck with the ultrasound

@Whitmore1027 Drop everything move to NZ! It is a beautiful country, not perfect by any stretch but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

@Kath525 So sorry for your anniversary :(

@prpl11butterfly So sorry, been there and its just awful. Use the benched time to heal if you can, its so good having supportive coworkers I know that mine made life so much easier.

@ChloandCoco That combo sounds awful.

@dAsch14 I think after D&C they say it can take 2-6 weeks. I know mine took 5 weeks but then when it came it wasn't as expected. It really depends how quickly hcg comes down but its impossible to guarantee a time 
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    Sorry I missed a few ladies. 

@Kath525 She wants you to wait? Is it a RE? 

@prpl11butterfly Yayyyyy you came from the other board! Though I'm sorry that you had to :( I hope the 15th comes like lightning for you! Ugh, the work thing. I'm so glad that they were so supportive when you told them. That can be so difficult because on the one hand, we wanna be tough and professional, but those every day questions can just bring us to tears or make us angry at the drop of a pin. Hugs to you love

@kindbytealikat I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so difficult when things are unexplained. I don't operate in the realm of unexplained because I'm a mrs fix it to the core. And you know what? We all have to have a meltdown from time to time. I know that it feels embarrassing when it's happening, but I just think of it as pent up toughing it out syndrome. Hugs. I will pray that you guys get good news with your fil's test results. Hang in there!

@lokibear89 Yay to great vacations! I'm so glad it was so wonderful for you and that work was low key when you got back. Haha to your dehydration comment.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    @galactickates - I am going to Yellowstone with my dad (a retired park ranger) this summer and can't wait! You should definitely make a trip there. I am sorry about the EP and left tube. It would be hard not to blame every BFN on that but FX everything works out for you soon.

@wrensnest - I'm sorry for your recent loss and the ups and downs. Take the time you need to heal and feel ready.

@dragonette505 - FX for good US results.

@Whitmore1027 - Sorry for your recent loss and the call you had to make to the doctor's office. I know it was hard for me to call them after my ER D&C to let them know I didn't need the D&C scheduled through their office :/

@kath525 - Didn't realize your 1st loss anniversary was coming up. Wishing you peace and strength through this time.

@prpl11butterfly - I'm so glad your coworkers have been supportive and you have felt comfortable sharing with them. :) It has been very healing for me at work this week that everyone knows and is offering to help me however they can.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.
     I had my first pregnancy and loss this year - MMC diagnosed 9w5d (stopped growing at 7w3d) and D&C last Monday. 

Status: Not avoiding sex but not actively TTC until after my first period, which I understand could be tomorrow or 6-7 weeks from now :/

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Trying to get back to a sense of normalcy after the craziness of last week. I have not been sleeping, so feeling tired all day at work and wide awake all night in bed driving myself crazy. The recent loss has caused me to want to seek out ways of controlling other aspects of my life so trying to get back into a regular work out routine, etc., which will hopefully help with the sleep issues.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope - my doc hasn't even been testing BETAs to see how quickly they're dropping.

GTKY: What's the top thing on your bucket list? Japan!
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    Omg ladies! My OB called back after I talked to the nurse about the CP, and my doctor said to wait 1 or 2 cycles before trying again. :'( I don't want to wait! I want to get back to trying! Why though? Nurse just said for my body to get back to normal...but I mean, it feels pretty normal. In fact, I think my AF is already done. I mean...does this mean, don't have sex, or just...not "try"? I didn't expect them to say that I should wait!

@suzycupcake NZ because my H and I are nerds and are obsessed with LoTR, and that's where it was filmed, and therefore NZ is Middle Earth. It's beautiful there, AND I have heard the people there are super nice!
    @lokibear89 I want to go SOOO BAD! If we had more than 2k in our name we would. We wouldn't even be able to afford one plane ticket. Haha. My H and I want to go, and rent a sleeper van and just drive everywhere!

• Options
    @Whitmore1027 Honestly, I would just do what you feel is best for you. A lot of women have a chemical pregnancy and just think their period came late. Maybe that's bad advice, but I feel like being benched would cause me severe anxiety. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

• Options
    @eleven_ That's how I feel! I told DH what the doctor said and he thinks we should listen to the doctor. I told him what you said about the fact many woman have them without knowing. We know since we are tracking so closely. I really don't want to be benched, but I'll listen to doctors advice if it's really medically necessary for my health. I mean, I may be worrying for nothing if I just end up not getting pregnant next month anyway.

• Options
    eleven_eleven_ member
    edited March 2018
    @Whitmore1027 My OB and RE both told me there is absolutely no reason to wait to try again after a chemical pregnancy, but you are right; your doctor knows what's best for you  :)
    TW

• Options
    @Whitmore1027, honestly, there isn't a lot of research showing that waiting changes anything, so I would do what you feel comfortable with.  The biggest thing they usually want you to wait for is dating, but it seems most OBgyn's do dating ultrasounds anyway, especially after a loss, so I don't see why it matters.

@Kabazaba, I am sorry for you loss. Is your doctor planning to test betas?  I don't think they usually do after a d&c, I think it is more common with a natural miscarriage.

@kindbytealikat, I hope your FIL's results are good, and that your tests are too.

@suzycupcake, I am sorry you were in so much pain, but glad it subsided. That's so great you can still see the same doctor, I glad your appointment went well.

@prpl11butterfly
    , I am sorry you had a rough day back at work, but I definitely agree that being open can make things easier.  I am sorry for your loss.

@Whitmore1027 I am sorry your mom found out and it was awkward.  We are currently staying with my parents and they know we are almost cleared soon and it is so awkward when we talk about it.

@dragonette505, good luck Wednesday!!!

• Options
    ***TW*** @holly321 We did get the results, this afternoon. They were not good. He has an high grade, invasive form of cancer. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    mmc 2/12 MMC molar malignant pregnancy 8/17

Benched/WTO
    How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?
    stuck in a spoiler box, for non TW stuff, second box is TW for pregnancy, kids, death, etc...

I am doing ok.  I am excited to almost not be benched, aggravated with my hormones (will I ever not bleed again?) Speaking of bleeding, I am trying to not freak out that the tumors are coming back, it is illogical, and I did stop, BCP, so, obviously, I have my period, which I should be happy I got, so maybe I will be able to ovulate..
    about a year ago, DH and I sold our house, looking for something new/bigger.  We have been staying with my parents and absolutely can't find what we want.  We have been considering seeing if we can build on a huge addition and just stay here.  It has so many benefits to this.  Monetary, my parents can help with the kids (both are special needs, and I could cut back my hours to help with my sanity of going to their appointments.)  Also, before we moved in, we were here all the time anyway since emotionally, my parents needed it after my brother committed suicide a year ago.  The biggest downfall is changing the kids schools. And as much as I don't want to care, what will other people think.  I rant because I don't know what to do!
    Also, SIL is being induced Wednesday, I mixed emotioned, so happy for them and sad for me.  We had joked how she had to go late and I had to go early so we both had March babies.

Any testing coming up/ any recent results?
    Hcg on Thursday, I think. I need to schedule a pap and then plead my case to be done with the bench!
    GTKY: What's the top thing on your bucket list? I don't really have any, I guess visit Rome, if I have to pick 
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat I'm so so sorry. What terrible news  :'( *Big hugs*
    TW

• Options
    @suzycupcake it's an obgyn. If I didn't really like her I'd probably switch. But I'm just trying to be patient. At least for 1 more month. Then it will be 7 months post most recent loss and I think she'll be more cooperative. Also, glad you're liking the new clinic!
    @prpl11butterfly sorry the first day back was hard. I hope tomorrow is better for you.
    @ChloandCoco i was really into yoga a couple of years ago. I miss it and should get back into it. 
    @kindbytealikat sorry for your loss and for the news about your FIL!
    @kabazaba hope get some good sleep soon! It's so hard to function when you're exhausted.
    @holly321 we went to Rome in 2015. It was probably my favorite place that we've traveled. I just loved all the history!
  • Options
    @kabazaba I'm sorry for your loss.
    @kindbytealikat I'm so sorry to hear about those results. **sending you lots of hugs**
    @holly321 It sounds like a great idea to build on your parents' lot. Especially if they can help you out.
    @dpjennifer TTCAL really does suck. But good on you for trying to focus on the positive stuff right now.
  • Options
    @holly321 Oh I bet that is hard going though this while living with your mom! My mom doesn't live with us, but she is 2 miles down the road, and I see her multiple times a week, so I'm sure it was bound to come out at some point. I hope your tests are good, and that you can be unbenched soon!
    @dpjennifer So sorry you are having a rough time emotionally. I totally understand your point...but I know the feeling of taking a long time to conceive. **TW: took 17 months for me to conceive the first time **END TW** I guess it has an opposite feeling to me. Since I know it could take another long haul, skipping a cycle or two makes it harder for me personally. I just was NOT expecting the doctor to say that. He gave me no medical reason why I should wait a cycle. And everything I had read before I talked to him said it was okay to jump back in. (Yes, I know I should trust my doctor more than google, but I can't help but educate myself, because generally that's a good thing for someone to do.)
    @kindbytealikat I am so sorry about your FIL test results. :(

• Options
    @eleven_ I hope you are able to figure out why! I totally understand both wanting results to be good...but then you still have no answers, so you don't know what to do. YES to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, I totally forgot that even existed. Haha

• Options
    @eleven_ This is a topic that I've been researching because of mine. I know that I've only had one, but I realize only one that I'm aware of. In hindsight, I suspect this may have happened more than once. Obviously I'm not certain. 

This is a thing that I found that gives some answers and things to investigate. I hope it helps you too https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/260495-overview
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options

@chloandcoco Pregnancy announcements are the absolute worst. I’m so sorry. I’m happy that you guys decided to try this cycle. Awesome job on keeping up on the yoga!
    @prpl11butterfly I’m so sorry for your losses. I think it’s so incredibly awesome that you told your co-workers the real reason you were out. It actually brings me so much peace when I don’t feel like I have to keep everything to myself.
    @galactickates I’m so sorry the last cycle didn’t work out for you. ((Big hugs))
    @dragonette505 Please let us know how tomorrow goes!! FX for the best possible results.
    @kath525 That seems so weird to me that your doctor wants you to wait for testing after 15 months. I would definitely fight him on that one!
    @lokibear89 I’m so glad you had a nice vacation! Yay for O being on its way. FX for you this cycle!
    @holly321 That sounds like the best idea about building behind your parents. I love living close to family. Honestly, I would try not to let what other people think be one of the reasons you are hesitant. Being close with family is such a blessing. Who cares if people judge you if it makes you happier? Also, see spoiler..
    TW-pregnancy mentioned

Did your SIL give birth yet? My SIL is due any day now. I think her actual due date was 3/1. I’m feeling every emotion possible about the whole thing. My main goal is to try and hold it together in the hospital room. I don’t want to make a special day for her about me in any way.

@dpjennifer I’m so sorry you are feeling so bitter. I honestly don’t have much advice because I’ve been feeling the same way after this cycle being a bust. Maybe Spring will help dampen the bitterness a little? Everything just seems so much worse in winter.  

TW

• Options
    Whitmore1027  Understood. If you don't think the doctor has given you a valid medical reason to be benched, can you make an appointment with him and discuss it? Trust me, OBs do NOT have all of the answers! And some of them are running on very old advice. But I'd want to make absolutely SURE there's no valid reason to wait before I just dismissed him, in case there is a specific reason. Also, are you still going to your OB or do you have an RE? Have you gone through IF testing?

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer - I was feeling pretty down last week, so started a 100 happy days challenge and for the next 100 days am trying to find and post about something that made me really happy that day. Only on day 6 but so far it does seem to be helping me focus on the positive, even if small, things (snuggling with DH on the couch, great book and cup of tea, etc) rather than the stressors (which seems like everything right now). But, I also think it's bullshit women are expected to be happy all the time so you do what feels good to you. I support you being bitter, or focusing on the positive, or doing both at the same time.

@kindbytealikat - So sorry about your FIL.

@holly321 - Doc has not planned to do BETAs, I guess I just felt left out because it seemed like everyone else was doing them and I'm nervous HCG is going to be in me forever because I'm a crazy person and would like to know for sure they are going down and the day they disappear.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    @dpjennifer The nurse told me there wasn't any reason to be seen..so I didn't ask for an appointment. Her exact words were just said "Wait a cycle or two before trying, just to, you know, let your body get back to it's normal cycles". I figured if my body isn't ready to get pregnant next cycle, it just won't right? Haha. Does my weird thoughts make any sense? We saw an RE back in June 2015. They made sure my tubs weren't blocked (with the dye) Forgive me, it's been so long, I don't remember the name of that test. They said my fertility seemed fine. H unfortunately had a low sperm count. Which is why I am worried about this being another long haul. I have also had some other issues that point to Thyroid problems (I am seeing I different doctor, waiting on those tests right now). So I don't know if that can cause an issue. I do want to see if my H should get another SA, but I haven't asked my OB on those thoughts yet. Thank you for your concern and advice!

• Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    Yes @Whitmore1027 YH should absolutely get another SA and two in a row if that was so long ago. MH had a low sperm count too and some other things with his first one. By the second one, everything was great. They said it depends on the time of day and things like that. The dye test you are talking about is the hsg. It's good that you got that. Yes, thyroid problems can affect fertility. Read the link I posted for eleven. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI