July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms Pt 1 3/5 - 3/6

124»

Re: Weekday Randoms Pt 1 3/5 - 3/6

• well...be careful what you wish for...looks like I get a full day off tomorrow - decided to listen to everyone and have morning appointments with PCP and xray for my probably broken toe which is still causing nausea-inducing pain and keeps going all pins-and-needles 2 weeks later. They keep saying they probably can't do anything and can't even do anything for pain because i'm pregnant, but then people in my EDS support group are freaking out saying i need a boot and/or a pin in my toe if it's broken.  Was already taking a half day because of afternoon hair appointment, and Monday I go in late due to anatomy scan...so looks like a 3.5 day weekend for me... bring on the mother/daughter musical marathon.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Today I learned how to use a snow blower. With 15 inches of snow. It had a flat tire, but it was better than shoveling. We haven't had power/heat since last night, our house is 55 degrees (well at least when I left at 10am, its probably colder now since our insulation sucks). I'm probably going to have to throw out most of our food. And the poor cats are freaking out. All of the roads were terrible this morning so I drove to my parents (who have power and heat) 10 minutes away instead of going to work (40 minutes without traffic, would have probably taken me like 2 hours).  But most of my co-workers live near work (which didn't get hit as bad) and now I look like the A-hole for not going in because most everyone else did. (and I'm working from home tomorrow morning as well because I have the fetal echo appointment).  End rant. Can winter be over now?
  • Sooo...I bought 3 new maternity bras this past weekend. Wore one without washing it because I don't know why and now I have a gnarly rash on my girls. I took my bra off and dh about had a heart attack, gasping in shock. He asked what happened. When looking in the mirror, holy toledo batman! They are pretty rashed up. So I've washed the bras and am now putting special ointment on the ladies so that I don't itch. It's been a fun week of trying not to scratch every time they itch. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @zombiehoohaa whoa! I'm so sorry, rashes can be so painful.

@acunamatada lol, can't wait for that...when do they learn not to take things so literally? :)

I just found my own baby album and had a good cry. So many good pictures. Also my mom wrote about the night I was born. Looks like I was 4 days early, she went into labor at 6pm and I was born a few minutes before midnight! Surely that seems very  quick for her first baby...I'm pretty sure she was having contractions and in labor before 6pm, I'll have to ask. It does seem like 6pm is when she went to the hospital, I wouldn't mind the same thing...
  • @zombiehoohaa Sorry about your rash! happens to the best of us. I've given up trying to wear things before washing them.  I do sympathize with the itchy ladies though... I was having that problem like two weeks ago.. trying not to scratch in public but I'm sure I did.. oh well lol
  • @acunamatada My niece used to do that to me, although not dinosaur style. lol

@kissableviv Thanks! It hasn't been a fun week, to  say the least. I love going through old albums! It's always an awe!, cry, and giggle. Can't wait to start that for lo. 

@moguippy Thank you! I usually wash EVERYTHING before wearing because I have sensitive skin...apparently I thought I'd be good this one time. NOPE! I've been doing the whole, bring your arms to your chest and slowwwwlllly rub across for relief...yeah, I probably look like a ding dong but it feels good! 

• Everyone said Houston would be worse but i got through TSA and pat down like nothing! 
  • I just had my anatomy scan and they couldn't see the stomach filled up with fluid.  So that could mean that it was just empty during the scan and she didn't swallow enough to fill it up right then or something scary (I googled).  I have to go back in a week but I'm kind of freaking out.  After everything we went through with Macy, this just feels like the start of something bad.  I really hope I'm wrong though and she looks perfectly healthy when I go back.  They said everything else looks totally normal so I'm hopeful that means it will be fine.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thinking of you @Sarafuss those indeterminate might be nothing, might be devastating AS results are shitty. Hoping we both get good news next week!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @comealongponds I just caught up with your a/s results.  The waiting is so hard because your mind goes to the worst places and then you have moments where you think it will be fine.  Such a rollercoaster.  At this moment I'm mostly feeling angry to be going through that again.  I'll be thinking of you too!
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss So stressful having to wait. I hope everything turns out ok. 
  • @kissableviv my first birth was 6.5 hours start of contractions to baby out! Second was 5.5. So you could totes go that fast first time around! 

@Sarafuss ugh I'm sorry you have to wait. I understand 100% how hard it is with your past not to worry about the worst but don't borrow trouble! It is likely nothing.

@acunamatada that's hilarious and how did you train your kid not to destroy things while you are in the shower?? I won't shower without someone else in the house because I am paranoid af but it seems like lots of people do this with their toddlers! I'm so flippin' jealous. 

@wildtot glad that part of your trip was uneventful!

@moguippy I hope you get power back! We got the 14 inches of snow but thankfully have power here in VT, fingers crossed for you!
  • @SmashJam it came back on a little while ago! Was out for just under 24 hours. According to the internet we actually got 25 inches of snow but it didn’t seem like that much. Im also jealous of your reasonable length births. I’m fully expecting like a 3 day ordeal. 
  • @sarafuss sending good vibes your way, it seems like a lot of the times it ends up being bad timing and once you go back everything looks good.

@tarheelgirl8 even your kid knows! 

@SmashJam that would be fabulous!

You guys, I subbed a prenatal yoga class tonight! I teach yoga normally but it was terrifying for me especially because I subbed for my mentor! I had 2 ladies in class and it went great. Sometimes you really need to push past the comfort zone...
  • @kissableviv yay for you subbing prenatal yoga! You are right, you should push past the comfort zone, and often, because who knows what you'll miss out on if you don't!

My random...even if DS wakes up right now because I am jinxing myself by writing this, he has slept later than he has any day in the last week. WHAT?! It's been all 5 am, 4:50, 5:30....ugh. So this is pretty nice.
  • @Sarafuss thinking of you.. so sorry you’ve got that awful f/u wait, I hope baby is just being stubborn! 

@kissableviv my water broke at 2am at home and DS was born at 9 that morning, and 2 hours of that was pushing.. I went from water breaking to 10cm in under 5 hours.. Its totally possible!
  • @foxbaby2016 I didn't want to bring back an old thread, but just to update, my son loved Sesame Street live - he was a little mad about having to stay in our aisle and wanted to walk around a bit, but overall he was fascinated by it and it kept his interest. 

We just bought tickets to see the Wiggles tour, my son (and my husband and mom) are kind of obsessed so it should be fun. They don't come to USA often so I grabbed them as soon as they went on sale this morning figuring they'd sell out fast. It's late June so hopefully I'll still be pregnant lol. 

I am really really behind on this thread but happy Friday everyone! 

• @Sarafuss I'm so sorry you're going through the stress and uncertainty, I'm thinking of you. Ultrasounds, can cause so much stress. I hope the time between now and the next appointment flies by and you get good news. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss I'm so sorry to read about what you're going through, I can't imagine how stressful it must be. I hope the time passes quickly and you get reassuring news soon!
  • Thanks everyone.  I’m just doing my best to stay busy.  Luckily, three kids are good for that!
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sending you happy thoughts @Sarafuss!

At the doctors office, they have about 6 designated mom and mom to be parking spots. Well, this guy parks in the spot next to me. He gets out, grunts extremely loudly and wobbles towards the entrance in tak won do outfit. Now, I understand he is probably going to urgent care, however dude...there are closer parking spots than these. People like this are asshats. Im so tempted to put a note on his douchy bmw. 

• I hate when single people who may have children but don't have them with them pull into those spots. It means if you are preggo or have your kid WITH YOU. Not just if you happen to be a parent. I've seen dad's pull in at toys r us and go in and I was like NO WAY. @zombiehoohaa
  • lily refused to nap more than an hour today now I have angry toddler who wont eat unless she is lounging on me watching daniel tiger. 

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @lindsayleigh1989 ugh Velcro toddler... Hoping you get an early bed time!
  • @lindsayleigh1989 we have a no-napper today too. Commiserating with you. 
  • Had a successful first trip to the dentist. He cried a bit but was ok after the check up. I made the mistake of bringing out crackers for my tuna salad (also for DS). Now DS only wants crackers for lunch. 
  • @lindsayleigh1989 @hillbillywife I was in the land of no naps today as well...until we got in the car to go to the grocery store. He napped about 10 minutes between the exit and the store.

I am all kinds of screwed up in the head. DH has spent the last two days super busy at work, which you would think would make him less patient and more crotchety. No. He is trying visibly hard to be patient with DS who is a bear right now due to no naps. He's cooked dinner. He is doing bath. He has apologized once for not doing more around the house before having to go downstairs to be up working til 11pm. He has a general demeanor right now that is typically reserved for...drunkenness. And yet...there is one beer in the house. Yesterday there were zero. My family (not him at all) has spent so much time lying to me about their drinking I am literally convinced that he is downstairs drinking and not telling me, or snorting his ritalin or something. Not logical I know but a solid 50% of me is like...but really what if he is?

It is really nice to see him genuinely happy and patient though.