June 2018 Moms
Options

Things That Rumple My Stiltskin! (Rants 3/5)

izza2izza2 member
edited March 2018 in June 2018 Moms
Co-worker chewing too loud? Dog won't stop licking the couch pillow?

What's got you hot and bothered this week?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Things That Rumple My Stiltskin! (Rants 3/5)

• Options
    izza2izza2 member
    My dog won't stop licking the couch pillows. He'll seriously walk the length of the couch on his way to my lap, and stop to lick every single pillow on the way.
    Nobody even sits on that half of the couch!

Our phones have been out since Thursday night. At first I was like "yay, no phone calls!", but now I'm pissed because the 10,000 messages I've been getting to my phone from people (aka my mum) could be answered in a quick 5 minute phone call. Ugh.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2 our dog used to lick our bed at night. and also the living room carpet. no idea why....the vet said it was OCD/anxiety, but what's there to be anxious about when cuddling?? Sorry about your phones, what a PITA

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @izza2 my dog is a freak that licks everything too. She licks her dog bed at night and I can hear her! So annoying! Also she some times does it when her stomach is upset so maybe that could be it. 

AFM...we are starting the day off with freezing rain and supposed to end it with up to 9 in of snow! I'm hoping I can leave work early before the roads are too bad. Come on spring! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    This has been brought up in other ways at other times but I'm continuously annoyed by it....I'm not a "girly girl" and I also can't stand how gendered all baby stuff is. Yes, my baby is a female, but she can wear other colors besides PINK. I wasn't going to register for any clothes, but I wanted to put a few things on the registry that maybe hinted at my desire to have other colors but there just isn't a whole lot out there! Also, aren't ruffles and 10 layers of fluff just asking for a diaper explosion? 
  • Options
    bearmoons said:
    This has been brought up in other ways at other times but I'm continuously annoyed by it....I'm not a "girly girl" and I also can't stand how gendered all baby stuff is. Yes, my baby is a female, but she can wear other colors besides PINK. I wasn't going to register for any clothes, but I wanted to put a few things on the registry that maybe hinted at my desire to have other colors but there just isn't a whole lot out there! Also, aren't ruffles and 10 layers of fluff just asking for a diaper explosion? 
    It’s frustrating AF. I also tried really hard to keep things neutral for DD, but MIL (who had three boys) buys ALL the girlie things. With small pieces. So, solidarity and a warning that it only gets worse.

Luckily, big ticket items generally come pretty neutral. 
  • Options
    @bearmoons For the longest time, DD's wardrobe looked like it came from the Pepto Bismol collection. I swear, I did not receive a single article of clothing at my shower that did not have some pink on it somewhere. And yes, you put an adorable outfit on an infant, especially if ruffled, and you are asking the diaper gods for a poop-splosion. 
  • Options
    @bearmoons pink is actually my fav color but I’m very particular about the tone. Like mauvey dusty or almost beigey. I hate the bright, garish pink stuff for babies. It’s too much for my eye balls. So difficult to find non crazy looking stuff sometimes though. And agree that I don’t want EVERY SINGLE OUTFIT of hers to be pink like omg! lol
  • Options
    My MIL who is 50 is obsessed with pink.  Like little girl embarassing must buy everything in pink or she's not getting it.  It annoys me sometimes like it's not the end of the world if something isn't pink - it would actually be so refreshing for her.  So she told me she's bought a whole bunch of clothes for the baby (great!) and before she even sent me some preview pics I already knew what was coming.  Needless to say I will not be buying anything pink myself for the baby for a while!  I mean I'm greatful but mix it up woman!  Ugh she even begged me to do the nursery like tacky princess pink themed.  It's neutral with pink curtains.
  • Options
    I will say all of this pink talk is making me happy to be having a boy. I got all blue stuff at my first mini shower, but a whole blue wardrobe seems less intense then all pink. 

I'm upset because we renewed the registration for MH's car almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten the sticker. He started his new job today and took my car just to be safe since I didn't want him getting pulled over, but now I'm trapped at home all day. Like I have his keys and could use his car if needed, but I'm so worried about it I doubt I'll leave the house. Just mail us the damn sticker already! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    Team green FTW. Hopefully avoiding an all pink or all blue wardrobe at least until baby is born and at that point we will have all the neutral stuff to mix it up. 

@Amphibious22 I would just use his car if you need to. I had that issue once living in MN but still being a resident of WI. They lost my stickers in the mail and never told me so I waited 6 weeks for them. In that time I got 6 expired registration tickets just from my car being parked on the street (thank you city of St Paul). While it was a PITA, I was able to just go to the county clerk and show them that I bought the stickers prior to the expiration and they waived all of them. Even waived an old parking ticket that I didn't know I had lol. They were actually really great about it. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krashke ughhhhhhhhh, we have a winter storm warning starting around 6, supposed to be freezing rain that becomes snow and then snow tomorrow. I am also ready for spring
  • Options
    @bearmoons @krashke we had the freezing rain all afternoon yesterday and last night, then the snow started around 6 AM today. Along with the wind. I haven’t ventured out but MH will have to go start snow removal in a few hours so that nice layer of ice underneath should make things extra fun. We’re expecting 8-12 inches. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @krashke Yaaaas!! Team Green unite! I am finding that I'm registering for some blue things. That just seems more gender neutral to me than pink stuff. I don't know why.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 I have a lot of grey, yellow, teal and orange on our registry. Target has a great selection of neutral stuff. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    We were Green the first time around.  We bought all of the clothes during my pregnancy at a consignment sale.  Given the plethora of pink, all of the clothes we bought were in the boys section.  We don't know if this one is a boy or girl, but if its a girl, she's going to be wearing a lot of blue.
  • Options
    @bearmoons have you thought about making your shower something that indicates less pink? I attended a baby shower once where the theme was lady bug and everything was red, yellow, black and white. I noticed significantly less pink stuff being given. I also attended another shower where the dad praised everyone who brought something that wasn't pink. He was like "thank you, and its not pink."

I purposely avoid buying clothes as shower gifts. It seems like a waste to me. The baby will fit it MAYBE 3 months, and wear it MAYBE twice. Then trying to match the season with the size of the baby. Ugh. Its too much work.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    *there are no clothes on my registry BTW. None. The closest thing to clothes is the little hats, only bc those were critical in my nieces first few months as she had no hair and both me and DH were born hairless, so I expect our baby will be the same.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    bearmoonsbearmoons member
    edited March 2018
    @ffw0617 yes- my BFF is throwing a non-gendered party and most all our friends get it. My MIL made our shower navy and yellow with the cow jumping over the moon. And yea- I agree about clothes. I am happily accepting all hand me downs from friends, and there are like 5 items on the registry that are clothes. Aside from a couple sleep sacks and swaddle things. 
  • Options
    This shower is such a cluster. Invitations went out yesterday (3 weeks before the date), and I'm trying my best to stay out of it and not "shadow plan" (as DH says), but I'm included in all the group chat stuff, and my friends don't know each other so they just keep asking me. And I just feel bad because they're all so busy. I don't want to dictate the budget, so I feel uncomfortable making suggestions. But I also realize they clearly want to do what I want. It's just so awkward. Ugh. I'm trying to just ignore it and tell myself it will be what it will be, and it will be for the best if I am not my overly-controlling self, but it is hard! I could bang this party planning out in 30 min, easy. Sigh. 
  • Options
    My rant is kind of lame, but it's how I feel lol. 
    Here on this military post, we have a state run Preschool (I guess it's basically the same as public school?). It's free to everyone under a certain income limit, 3 hours a day, 5 days a week. Kids in the morning class get breakfast, kids in the afternoon get lunch. It's actually decent, they learn much more than I expected. 
    But, because it's state run, everyone here looks down on it. It really bugs me because when someone new asks about it, people act like it's a free for all daycare that has no structure. 

I think it's a weird rant, but I'm currently annoyed by it, lol. 
  • Options
    Throwing this in because I swear, I'm not alone ....

MIL tagged me in a video of that gender reveal going around facebook .... with the caption "next time!"
    It's not that she said it, it's the fact this one isn't out and she's thinking of the next one.

I wasn't in a great mood when she originally tagged me, so I left it alone - or else I probably would have been snarky - but I'm not even convinced I'm having a 2nd child .... this one feels like it's a lot harder than I expected :(
    Which - for reference - I know it could be a lot worse. I'm thinking expectations were at an 8, when they should have been at a 4 .... mixed with first pregnancy unknown.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger so irritating! In the hospital room, within hours of pushing DD out, my FIL asked when we would be having the next one. I almost went for his jugular. What’s wrong with people?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 100% I would have snapped at him {blame dropping hormones ;) } I told my H about what MIL said, and he understood my frustration - also calmed me down, making me realize she was just being thoughtful but not thinking ahead.
    I know for sure I'll be bringing it up if someone asks about 2nd kid {which is gonna be awhile anyways if it happens}
  • Options
    Guys.....I am soooooo bummed! I'm supposed to leave tomorrow morning for Key West...in the middle of the blizzard hitting New York. I tried to move my flight up to today, but no dice. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 Did they already cancel flights?  FX that things aren't too bad at that time and that the weather network overestimates the hype (as usual)!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'm not particularly optimistic because American won't let me check in. It says I have to see an agent at the airport. But they haven't officially cancelled. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH went on a weekend trip to fix his drivers license, alone, with no family. 4 days of just hanging out with friends, eating out and no kids. Today, he has an eye appt 3 hours away and another one tomorrow so he's spending the night at a hotel, again no kids. 
    I'm not really upset, but kind of jealous. I want to go off by myself and leave him with the kids. Maybe next fall. 
  • Options
    Have to go in for a mandatory meeting for work at 5:00 this evening. My manager is being super secretive about what all this is about, just that it’s important and mandatory. 

The last “mandatory” meeting we had in December, only myself and 1 other co-worker (out of about 40) actually showed up. 

DH just got home from doing snow removal at all his commercial accounts in town and removed the 5 ft drift in front of our shop so I can at least get my car out. We ended up with about 9 inches and ice underneath, but out here where we live rurally it’s so open that the wind causes it to drift on the roads badly. He said the plows haven’t made it out to our (gravel) roads yet so I will have to follow the path he plowed to get home which isn’t exactly the way I need to go to get to the hospital so I will end up having to double back once I get closer to town where some of the other roads have been cleared. UGH, just a PITA. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 ugh that does sound like a PITA! Drive safely, and hopefully the meeting is all good news!
  • Options
    2589  that sounds miserable
  • Options
    @2589 Blargh, that is so lame! Why have a mandatory meeting when the weather is so ridic??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 mandatory and secretive? Secret baby celebration/shower? ;)
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @catlady1215 haaa that was my first thought but didn't want to get any hopes up  :D
  • Options
    Lol you girls are so much more optimistic than I am! No there wasn’t any surprise baby celebration today but I’m just glad that the attendance was better than last time and some of the info was somewhat important. The roads were shit though. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 Aww well at least it was semi worth it and I'm assuming you made it home safely
  • Options
    @2589 Glad it turned out to be a productive meeting but my first question was, how mandatory can it be if only 2/40 showed up last time? lol