June 2018 Moms
Options

MOTN Thread March

2»

Re: MOTN Thread March

• Options
    I think I've been able to draw a correlation between my insomnia nights and going to bed hungry. We ate a super light and early dinner last night and here I am at 3:00 AM wide awake. I'm going to make a snack and see if I can get sleepy again. Womp womp. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 hope you were able to fall fast asleep after your snack. 

I've been waking up 2 to 3 times lately to pee during the night, which is new for me. It's been 1x for a while now but recently ramped up. I was pretty thirsty before bed today (probably from that damn cheesecake factory) but I refrained from drinking anything bc I didn't want to wake up to pee even more.

Well I just woke up, not even 2 hours after I fell asleep with my heart pounding and racing. My heart issues get worse when I'm dehydrated, but I drank a lot all day long. Apparently it's not a cumulative thing for me. A lot of vasalva maneuvers later and drinking some water and it's a little better. Not great, but better. Ugh. Hate when you can feel your heart beating just sitting there. Must have recently had an uptake in blood volume...seems like it always makes my heart weird for a few days before it adjusts again. Now I'll probably be up quite a bit tonight because of the water. Thankfully I have nothing going on this Sunday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @amys614 Oh - I had that heart speeding up thing today, too! I was just sitting on the couch and could suddenly feel my heart beating through my chest. I'm still up....got some work done, though - so at least I'm being productive, I guess. Lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 work?! You're a champ! I'm just surfing the internet. At least pee time #2 is while I'm awake now. Maybe I will fall back asleep from like 4am to 10am. That would be glorious.  
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    @amys614 I'm with you on internet surfing instead of doing anything productive during these MOTN insomnia stretches.  I'm just hoping I can get a nap in tomorrow.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @amys614 To be fair, it was something I’d been procrastinating on for a few days. I thought it might help me sleep to get part of it done. Not so much....

However, I did get a few hours in between 5 and 9. Hooray!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’m awake because I’m hungry. I’ve literally had to come downstairs and eat because I can’t sleep with my stomach demanding food this insistently.  :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH had to leave at 3:00 for snow removal, so I’m now awake because one of our dogs isn’t content to stay in the house when somebody leaves, she has to go out and chase after whoever’s leaving and sniff around for a bit before she’s ready to come back in. So now she’s back, she’s got the other dog all riled up, and the cat now wants to go outside because he doesn’t understand it’s 3:30 AM and there’s 3 inches of new snow.
    If any of these effers wake up the toddler with their bonking around, so help me god....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Up and crossing my fingers for a snow day. My district never calls them, but a girl can dream. 
  • Options
    I feel like I need someone to tranquilize me. Pregsomnia has descended with a vengeance and I can’t shut my brain off. Last night I couldn’t go to sleep because I was hungry. I had to get out of bed and go forage which is ridiculous. Now I’m awake 4hours later even though I’m exhausted. Also 4-5hours from Saturday and Friday. I feel nuts with my beady little eyes all open wide as I think and think and think about things. Seriously, someone just set me loose like a rhinoceros running in a field and shoot a blow dart in my butt. It’ll be a big crash when I fall over, but will also be for my own good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I really belong here today, but have been up since 4:50ish. I think my body is just getting used to waking up early. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 I hear you. I was up at 3:45 this morning. Even before DH who is usually up at 4 for work. I showered and then went back and laid in bed but I'm feeling more tired than if I would have just got up right away. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker