June 2018 Moms
Options

MOTN Thread March

Middle of the Night Thread. I sincerely hope not one of us has need of it. Sweet dreams, friends. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: MOTN Thread March

• Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    Well I guess I'm first this month.  We live in the Philadelphia suburbs and due to the storm yesterday I had a lovely 2.5 hour drive to daycare to pick up DD and when we got home our power was out. Yay. Luckily my parents still had power (they live 5 minutes away) so I packed an overnight bag with what little sunlight was left and we came here after DH finally got home (it took him 3 hours). So now DH and I are sleeping on an inflatable mattress on my parents living room floor with DD in the PnP feet away from our heads.  I have horrible heartburn and left all my tums and otc medicines at home.  FX our power comes back on tomorrow before the 5pm predicted time frame.  Is it spring yet?!?!
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    Well, here I am. I rolled over half asleep and got an awful cramp up my whole calf. I walked it off but my entire muscle is still sore.  45 min later s d I'm still awake.

@jsl82 hope your power comes back on soon!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    silvergreensilvergreen member
    edited March 2018
    Ugh, awake because I think I'm a little dehydrated and just feeling a general sense of anxiety and tingling in my uterus. Woke up and had several glasses of water, tried to take myself back to bed, and think I had a few BH contractions back to back, which has me even more anxious. I felt tightening in my lower abdomen two or three times in a few minutes, but I'm so unfamiliar with them that it's sometimes hard to tell when they begin and end. Now sitting on the couch, trying to find reassuring info. :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto to the heart burn. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    Couldn't fall asleep, now up. It's been snowing and I have a meeting at 7 so I have to leave early. I'm tired, but also a little hungry. Lame
  • Options
    Went to bed early - around 9:30. I was exhausted from getting up at 4:00 am for my flight. I guess this is what my body thinks is the new normal. I woke up at 1:45 because someone else in the condo complex slammed a door and it is now 3:25...

I know this supposedly gets us ready for motherhood and MOTN feedings, etc. But can't I just stock up on some sleep now? Please???
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @laceybee522 it really is the cruelest. What makes it worse is when people tell you that this is to prepare you for post-baby.  What would really prepare us is 9+ months of restful sleep.  I woke up from the wind last night at 11 pm.  I didn't fall back to sleep until 5:15.  Alarm goes off at 5:30.  I feel like I'm premanently exhausted.
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 that is the worst. And I completely agree with @marcus7676. I get so irrationally angry when people say "just you wait" about anything pregnancy/baby related. Like "you think you can't sleep now, well it's gonna get way worse once the baby comes." Or "you think you're uncomfortable now, just wait until you're 8 or 9 months pregnant". 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    Ugh. I go here now. It’s technically middle of the night east coast time. Our dog woke us up with these horrendous dry heaves. Nothing ever came up but she went out side and came back in all crazy and normal so idk what her deal was. Well, now I’m wide awake. 

@Austenista I love that I’m not the only one that uses douche canoe as a phrase. It’s one of my faves 

@jsl82 I feel I need to start thinking of witty comebacks for jerks like that. Like why do people feel it’s okay to comment on a pregnant woman’s body. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi, it's 330 and my baby is having a rave party in my ribs and dh is snoring.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I've had 3 episodes of acid rushes up my throat tonight that wake me up. What the heck.  I haven't even really had heartburn thus far much. 

Also have a weird ache in my uterus? I think?  FTM so I have no idea if it's GI, Braxton Hicks, or just stretching. 

Since I'm moving aroind, my cat thinks that's his cue to start dancing on my head. 
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey Same with the dance party.  I've been awake since 4am and she's been non stop moving.  Might as well get up now.

@amys614 I also had acid rushes these past few days where it made me choke a little.  I pinpointed it to a juice I was drinking which is super acidic so I stopped and so did the reflux.  
  • Options
    @becca_123 yes to the choking. It makes me sit straight up because I feel like it's going to cut off my air or something. Good thinking on the drinks. I was thinking it may have been the Mexican food, but I eat that quite frequently BUT I did have a sparkling water right before bed last night and I typically don't drink much carbonation. 
  • Options
    @amys614 It makes things super uncomfortable!  Hopefully it's just a one off thing for you and doesn't continue for the rest of the term. 
  • Options
    It’s almost 2am and I’m awake. Probably mostly because of jet lag. We got my mom from the airport at 10:30 and then got home around 11:30. She wasn’t really tired yet, and DH went out to his friend’s 30th birthday. My dog is asleep but I am wide awake, thinking longingly about candy. 
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    DD woke up around midnight, by 1:30 both MH and myself had failed to get her to fall back to sleep and were bickering with each other.  I finally realized that pregnancy insomnia has taken over and even if she fell back to sleep I wasn't going to.  I rocked her to sleep for 15 minutes and just got her back in her crib.  Now if only someone could rock me sleep and tuck me in. 

@doxiemoxie212 what kind of candy are you thinking longingly of?
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    I've been awake with awful hip pain for an hour and a half.  DH is snoring and I want to throat punch him.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Up with a sore neck so that's fun. I tried supporting it and getting back to sleep but DH is snoring to beat the band. In his defense he drank a number of beers for the first time since BFP so I know it's contributing to his abnormally loud snoring (at my expense). 
  • Options
    @stephcat421 I’m also struggling through DH snoring *extra* loudly tonight! Solidarity sister.

This time change has already made me crabby. I know I’m up for the day and I didn’t sleep past 4 am yesterday. Sleep struggle is real ladies.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @aharv77 lol, I wonder if we're only noticing now more that we're up more/insomnia and it was always that bad? 
  • Options
    4:30 am and I've been up since 1 with a pukey toddler. She finally passed out on me on the bathroom floor with her pillow and blankets in my lap. I contemplated calling DH and having him help me move her carefully but he has a big meeting in the morning and she looks so peaceful I don't want to move her. Baby is up having a dance party right now so I don't think I'd be able to sleep anyways. So I guess I'm camped out on the bathroom floor until DH gets up in 2 hours. Thank god for smart phones tonight. It's another one of the joys of motherhood, and a pretty good reason for DH to owe me a massage later   :D
  • Options
    Up again starting at 3:30 or so. I wish there was a way to just turn my brain off MOTN. 
  • Options
    @momac1919 I hope your DD feels better and that you can get some rest today! Also, I hope your battery lasted the night!
  • Options
    The arm that got the tdap shot today is so painful after sleeping on that side for a couple of hours! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 hope your arm is feeling better today.  I'm definitely not looking forward to that shot. As if finding a sleeping position that works isn't hard enough these days!
  • Options
    @amys614 yes! That’s where my MOTN brain was going with that. I had to find a modified way to wedge myself on my left side without putting weight on my arm... super fun when there’s only 2 positions you can sleep in! :s It’s  back to just normal sore this morning after not laying directly on it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 Hope your arm feels better soon. That TDAP is an emm-effer!
  • Options
    The key with the TDAP is to use your arm after the shot - - the more movement, the better it will feel!
  • Options
    The baby is having a dance party. It’s 3 am and it’s had me up for an hour. 
  • Options
    Def noticing an increase of movement and stronger movement. TB article was right, its not cute/fun anymore, even DH is over it. When you got heartburn despite eating perfectly to avoid it all day, hip pain but you still have to sleep on your side, waking up to pee, but you can’t go back to sleep bc of the kick boxer you’re carrying practing on your surrounding organs. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    jsl82jsl82 member
    DD woke up around 2:30... I got her back to bed with no issues (little water for her cough) but I've been unable to get back to sleep... really wishing tomorrow (today) was Saturday so I could try to nap later.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    I've been up since 2. Third night in a row. This lack of sleep is really starting to get to me, especially in the mental health department. Hoping today flies by quickly. I'm considering Benadryl to help sleep more than a 3-4 hour stretch tonight. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can't handle another night of only 2-3 hours of sleep. I'm starting to hallucinate and I feel like I've tried everything.
  • Options
    Not MOTN, but awake before 7 again on a Saturday. I just want to sleeeeeeep but every position is uncomfortable. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    I've been up since 4:30 with a serious stomach ache. It's been bothering me since last night. Not sure if it's something I ate or if it's just pregnancy indigestion, but my stomach feels like the inside of a volcano with churning lava, particularly when I lay down. So I'm up on the couch, trying to talk myself out of puking because today's our sprinkle shower and we have to drive three hours there and back with a toddler. Not the best scenario to also be sleep deprived and sick.  :|

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista oh no!! I hope you feel better as the day progresses. Whenever I feel like that, I usually feel better after I puke, but I'm not gonna sit here and tell you to try it. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020