October 2018 Moms
Options

(March) What my pregnant self is eating...

Re: (March) What my pregnant self is eating...

• Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Trader Joe’s white truffle potato chips 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My aversion this pregnancy is sweets, the complete opposite from DS. With him I craved and wanted sweets all of the time. 

Im trying to eat healthier this time so I've been eating lots of almonds and other nuts. Fruits, salad, yogurt. I'm not a big veggie eater!

• Options
    Nothing ugh. Food aversions are no joke
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Laying in bed at 9pm last night I was starving...I went and got my leftover Bob Evans (a chicken tender, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese) and ate it in bed... 
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt depending on how i'm feeling at the moment...yes. Right now is one of those moments.
  • Options
    Red meat only. Lots of burgers. We’ve made burgers. Eaten garbage fast food burgers from every place around. I really want to stop eating like crap, but nothing else sounds remotely appetizing. 
  • Options
    @tinattt23 I have been craving cheeseburgers like crazy lately!
  • Options
    Had a burger on Saturday. Made a roast beef last night and a beef pot pie with the leftovers tonight. Apparently baby needed some red meat too @tinattt23 and @purple_2012
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Anything spicy, for the past 3 nights i was not able to sleep until i ate a bowl of hot cheetos with hot sauce  :( 
  • Options
    @itsitsnotcc77 said:
    Anything spicy, for the past 3 nights i was not able to sleep until i ate a bowl of hot cheetos with hot sauce  :( 
    My kinda girl
  • Options
    reading this thread as I eat chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am a sweets person, so my desire to eat cinnamon toast crunch and apple pie isn't all that weird. 

I don't have much of an appetite when it comes to eating actual meals, but I don't have any food/smell aversions, so I'll eat whatever just fine.

The only thing close to any aversion is that I don't really want to eat scrambled eggs, which is normally our go-to for weekend breakfast. A hard boiled egg with salt sounds more appetizing.
  • Options
    I've been craving sweets more than usual. Normally I can take or leave. Trying to eat lots of fruit, but craving and tempting to make a cherry pie soon. I have everything, but no energy to make it. haha. Eating lots of some pina colada flavored yogurt I found, that's satisfying my sweet tooth and my hunger between meals.
  • Options
    I am really enjoying ordering chicken sandwiches from Arbys with mozzarella sticks, I throw the chicken away because I just can't and then I replace it with a few cheese sticks. Yumm. 
  • Options
    Chicken salad sandwiches and cosmic brownies
  • Options
    gracehopper27gracehopper27 member
    edited March 2018
    So so many carbs and sharp cheddar cheese. Can't stand veggies, sweet potato, peanut butter, etc. I normally am a super healthy eater, so this is a change for me. Luckily, I can stomach iced coffee in the mornings! During my first pregnancy, I couldn't do any coffee and spent the first trimester feeling so foggy and out of it. 

I'm with you, @ladyofarlington, every week is so different for me.
  • Options
    I just ate three pieces of piza and two breadsticks. I think that’s more than I’ve eaten at once in weeks. 
  • Options
    Two days and I finished a bag of caramel and buffalo wings flavor popcorn. I don't allow myself to buy bad snack foods as I have no will power but I just needed it when I was at the store
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    My go-to has been canned ravioli... Which is something I enjoy, but it seems to be one of the only things that sounds good right now.
  • Options
    Anything that I can put Cholula on!!!
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Wendy’s frosties!! They make my belly feel normal for a few minutes :)
  • Options
    .Happy Birthday, @chyvie!
  • Options
    Oh and frozen cokes/slurpees. I've been getting one almost daily since the office manager at my dr told me they help.
  • Options
    muchwantedmuchwanted member
    edited March 2018
    Luckily, I can stomach iced coffee in the mornings! During my first pregnancy, I couldn't do any coffee and spent the first trimester feeling so foggy and out of it.
    I'm with you, and I don't really understand it. The coffee doesn't taste good, but I think the desperate need for a little caffeine (I do half-caff) outweighs my revulsion.

But meanwhile, it's almost 11 AM, I haven't eaten a bite, and absolutely nothing sounds tolerable. I've been standing in my kitchen for about 15 minutes trying to figure something out.
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Options
    I read something about how a lot of women swear beans help with morning sickness. So I’m giving it a try! They say pinto beans help the most but also black, white, even garbanzo beans. I couldn’t stand the thought of eating straight beans for breakfast so I ate hummus with carrots and I actually do feel better! You’re supposed to eat them with breakfast and have some more every couple hours to keep them in your system. It sounds crazy but what have I got to lose? I’ll keep you all posted on if it keeps working... haha
  • Options
    @kablaze - if nothing else- it will keep you regular.  
  • Options
    Can I just say that I am tired of eating half portions?   I thought I get to “eat for two”, but I get halfway through a meal and my body is like “and now stop!”  

Today, I ordered one of my favorites- a grilled pimento cheese and bacon sandwich with no sides.  I ate half and ended up giving the other half to my best friend because there was no way I could finish it.  

What is almost worse- any snacking I do directly affects my desire to eat at meal time.  So my snacks have to be healthier, or all I’ll eat all day is oreos and M&Ms.  
  • Options
    I feel great as long as I’m eating.  10 minutes after I stop: nausea is back.  I’ve gained 7 lbs.  Currently loving white cheddar Cheez-it’s, and seriously craving beets with goat cheese and citrus vinaigrette.  It’s okay if the cheese is made from pasteurized milk, right?  
  • Options
    Yes pasteurized cheese is fine! :) 
  • Options
    Yes pasteurized cheese is fine! :) 
    And a good thing too!  Cheese is one of the few things that is appealing right now!
  • Options
    Chocolate milk and Cheerios. Already eating like a toddler!
  • Options
    Totally splurging and going out for red robin tonight! Hello unlimited French fries!! Also going out for ice cream after... Hope I have room! 
  • Options
    I'm just always eating... I just ate a bowl of cereal and im still starving. Wtf.
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt I'm with you. 1000% Everything sets off my morning sickness. Including plastic wrap. Freaking PLASTIC WRAP. What the hell, kid?
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options
    Lemon Meringue yogurt. The tart is helping with the MS. 
  • Options
    I'm hungry a lot, but nothing sounds good most of the time. If I do think of something that sounds good, I get nauseous a few bites into it. So, I mostly end up grazing all day on fruit, crackers, cheese. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Every week has been so different! 

-One week I wanted all the pickles and salt and vinegar chips 
    -another week I wanted all the ground turkey- in tacos and coodles (carrot spirals like zoodles) style “spaghetti”
    - another week I couldn’t touch chicken with a ten foot pole and didn’t want *any* meat at all- I survived on crackers and cereal and tortilla chips
    - I hated sweets and chocolate for weeks and only could do fruity “sweets” or cranberry/ orange / blueberry stuff and dried mangoes but this week I want all the chocolate 
    - cheddar string cheese has been my go to this week. I can’t get enough of it! 

I’ll be curious to know the sex of your baby!  All i wanted was salt with my son.  With my daughter, I was all about sweets and fruit.
    Pregnancy Ticker