1st Trimester
Options

Can you guys just talk me through this please?

suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
edited February 2018 in 1st Trimester
Hi, I'm coming from ttgp boards. After 5-6 years of trying naturally (we didn't know about the 1 year rule), we got tested and I was diagnosed with PCOS. We started IUI and medication cycles last July. We did our 3rd one on 2/13.

Two days ago, at 13dpo, I got a faint positive on wondfo; a darker positive on opk.
I had frer shipped to my office for Monday. I got a faint positive yesterday afternoon.

This morning, I got a faint positive on wondfo, darker on opk, and what seemed like a bfn on the frer with fmu.

I went in to do my blood beta this morning, 15dpo and 17dpt, which apparently I was supposed to do two days ago and didn't know. The levels are showing at 14miu. Previous bfn betas were <1 miu. The Nurse at our clinic said that she is telling us to prepare for the possibility of a c/p just in case because she has seen this go many different ways and that 14 is on the low side. They want me to repeat beta in two days to make sure it doubles.

I'm really nervous right now and I'm trying to calm myself down. I know I should stay positive because if I had done beta two days ago, it could show that I've already doubled for all that I know. I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. If not, please let me know and I'll post in the appropriate place.
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: Can you guys just talk me through this please?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tessiesmom26tessiesmom26 member
    edited February 2018
    @suzycupcake I have no advice but sending all the virtual hugs.

ETF spelling.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited February 2018
    I took another frer this afternoon and it was back to being a faint positive. I've been reaching out to my friends all day for support and prayer. MH is being really great about not leaving me alone in this. He has been sending me screen shots of hcg slow risers and positive outcomes. At least if something doesn't work out, we can go back to IUI and try again. At least we know one of them worked. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    sending you love, hugs and positive vibes! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Thank you. That’s so sweet! 

Thank you again all of you ladies. You don’t even know me yet you are reaching out to me in love. I appreciate you!

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake Thinking if you!! I am hoping so hard for you that your hcg will begin to rise and relieve all of your stress  :) take care of yourself and try to relax and enjoy the moments (so much easier said than done!).
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Options
    @suzycupcake Oh hun, I'm so sorry that your betas are giving you stress. Wish there was something I could do to help. Hoping you just have a slow riser in there and baby is getting settled in now!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    Right now, I feel like I have real hope. Last night, I was holding onto false hope that maybe I will be an anomaly, that I'm just a slow riser, and everything will be fine. After everything I read today about the way implantation works, about how over 5hcg levels is just fine for early pregnancy as long as the numbers double, how faith shouldn't be placed in one test alone (you can't determine a slow riser or anything after just one test), etc..., my levels aren't an anomaly at all and I have a 99% chance of my numbers doubling like they should by tomorrow.

I still show no signs of af. I still have no symptoms other than headaches and mild twinges of pain that feel completely different than I've ever had any other time I thought I was KU and wasn't. I'm still showing positive at home tests.

I feel a lot better about it today.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake Yay!! Sending you lots of love! Keep that hope strong!!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Options
    Fingers crossed for you! I had a pretty low first beta and remember how scary that can be. It’s so true that what really matters is that it rises, not actual numbers. 
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    Fx that your numbers have risen appropriately!!!!!! I can relate to that awful anxious feeling as you wait to find out. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker