June 2018 Moms
Options

Appointments (2/26 - 3/12)

13»

Re: Appointments (2/26 - 3/12)

• Options
    @rnielsen321 FX for your GTT results! Also, if you find the iron pills start backing you up, I want to reccomend liquid iron. This is what I take. I just mix with a little bit of OJ and throw it back every morning. I found it much gentler on my digestion and really didn't back me up as badly as iron pills. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I've never actually commented on these before! But here I am showing up at 27+6! I had to get another ultrasound Tuesday because at my anatomy scan he was BIG! At this appointment he was is still measuring almost 3 weeks ahead. I am still waiting on my glucose test and haf to get my Rh- shot
  • Options
    @rnielsen321 woot woot!! Congrats. And wow, that's crazy on those measurements. 

@stephcat421 dang it. But great newe that LO seems to be chugging along despite the cord insertion and doing well. 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 GOOD LUCK! 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kfren YAY! Celebrate girl! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @kfren that's awesome!!!
  • Options
    Awesome news @kfren

good luck @marcus7676!!
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    great news @kfren!!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @kfren yay!!!  Get it girl!!! ;) 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @marcus7676 that’s fantastic news about the previa! Not so much about the head! 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Had an appt yesterday and my OB wants me to come back at 28 weeks to check growth. There were concerns about my first DD, so every appt was an US, so idk if this is normal. Is anyone else getting an US at 28 weeks? I had been losing weight but am gaining again and have gained about 8 lbs total. I really should have asked, but I was jazzed about getting to have an ultrasound and didn’t consider whether it was normal.
  • Options
    @pupsicle23 obgyn said anatomy scan was my last ultrasound unless they need to check if she’s head down in the final weeks, and that’ll be like 10 seconds. 
  • Options
    catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited March 2018
    @pupsicle23 I'm getting one on tues (28+5). She's just checking on him and his growth since my thyroid has been so uncontrollable. I don't think it's routine unless they want to check on something.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @pupsicle23 with DS I didn’t have anything between 20 and 36 weeks. At 36 they just confirmed head down. I had one at 28 this time due to placenta previa but that is not typical. 
  • Options
    @marcus7676 Congrats!!! Awesome news :)
  • Options
    @pupsicle23 I have one at 32 weeks to check growth since DS has measured 10 days ahead at 17 weeks and then 2+ weeks ahead at 21 weeks.  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @pupsicle23 I had one at 30 weeks with DD because my doctor was concerned about growth because I was measuring pretty small based on their external measurements and the fact I had only gained 10 lb. I was super nervous but the us went fine and she was measuring perfect, he told me I was just one of the lucky ones who carried well. Fingers crossed you get the same news.
  • Options
    Had our first Bradley method birth class. I liked it because I liked the teachers, but I didn’t learn a ton because I spend so much time researching. DH did learn a lot, but he was annoyed that I’m the Hermione of the class — but I have no idea what else he expected given who I am as a person. He says I’m embarrassing lol.  The teachers said probs don’t have your mom at your birth unless she’s a nurse because it usually makes things worse so I don’t know. DH doesn’t want to do any of the homework or practice stuff, and he’s against hiring a doula, but he’s very pro med-free birth so I feel a little frustrated. I think he’ll come around as we go through the classes, but I’m a little annoyed he’s not taking it super seriously off the bat. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 I’m glad your class went well! We are terrible about practicing and doing my exercises. I was talking with a friend that did the Bradley Method and had a med-free birth about a year and a half ago and she said that even if you practice it is hard because how you hold tension and handle the pain during labor is so unpredictable. She said that just knowing different techniques for relaxing and being informed about what will happen was what helped the most. I don’t think MH was super into it at first either but we have two weeks left and I feel really confident in him now. We are considering foregoing a doula because we are feeling more comfortable with ourselves and we have switched to a midwife and they seem great about being able to recommend different positions and not quick to offer the drugs. A lot of them were doulas at one point as well. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krashke that’s really good to hear. I was feeling a little panicky about not having a doula, but I don’t love strangers...
  • Options
    @Austenista Good luck with your GTT today!

I just checked to see when I am due for my Rhogam shot and noticed they had me scheduled at 29 weeks (should be between 26-28.) I called and the receptionist said she could schedule the labs for the same day as my 1-hr. GTT so I only have to be poked once! I just bought two weeks, so hopefully I can take advantage and get my health on in the interim. I know it won't change whether or not I have it, but at least I can start my routine now.
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    @kfren - Rhogam shot is usually done at 28 weeks because it only lasts in your system for 12 weeks. Not sure when you're scheduled for it - but something to keep in mind when having it done.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2 They moved the GTT and Rhogam shot to the 28th, at which point I'll be 28+2.