August 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly QUESTIONS 26-FEB

2»

Re: Weekly QUESTIONS 26-FEB

• Options
    Breezy - I’ve known a few ppl with funky results after disappearing twin (like, the wrong sex). Also if you are obese it can be common for inconclusive results. 

I had mone through quest and got the results really fast!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Okay even though the Dr. told me today I could bleed a little because she checked my cervix I am still freaking the F out because there is some watered down blood on my liner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pghctwife I am slightly overweight but not obese. I have heard about disappearing twins etc. messing up sex results so it definitely could be making the test all wonky. I was surprised at how fast they called too. 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 - I'm so sorry, even though she told you to expect it I think I would still call. The cervix is so easily annoyed during pregnancy that the slightest thing can cause bleeding. But your OB will be able to best advise you if it's something to be concerned about. Big hugs!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What should I order to get my Amazon welcome box?
  • Options
    @melbel0824 I ordered diapers for DS1 lol

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @melbel0824 I ordered baby wipes, because I use them for myself as well. lol
  • Options
    @melbel0824 If I remember right you can add almost anything to your registry and then order it.  So order something you actually need.
  • Options
    @livinthesunnylife I just thought of that, so I added new slippers. Lol.
  • Options
    @melbel0824 - ditto PPs - order anything you need! If you really want to order something for the baby I would go with either crib sheets or one of those waterproof under-sheet crib mattress pad. They won't expire and it's good to have several of both :)

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone hit second tri and not had an improvement in energy? I’m still so tired all the time. It’s dragging me down hard. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @melbel0824 I ordered another bottle of my prenatals lol. The bonus to that is I found out that they're a couple dollars cheaper than at Target, but the bottle is way bigger, so it was a win!
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Has anyone hit second tri and not had an improvement in energy? I’m still so tired all the time. It’s dragging me down hard. 
    Me. I feel slightly better than when I was taking diclegis, but I have no energy most of the time.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Seems like every week in rants/raves I just keep saying tired. Just really tired. Can’t move past it. I mean I’m better than first trimester because I feel fine. But if I never got out of bed. It’d be too soon. 
  • Options
    @hardlyhannah zero improvement. I was looking for even a tiny bit of relief. Still hoping it happens. 
  • Options
    Add me to the list of people who have no energy yet in the second trimester. I keep hoping, but so far no improvement. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In one of my Mom groups someone mentioned vitamin b to help with energy, I’m thinking of trying it. I’m not productive in life anymore and there’s so much that needs to be done. I just want to lay around

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I’m still exhausted. I’m okay in the morning but the afternoons are brutal. It’s 6:20 and I want to go to bed. 
  • Options
    In general I’m a morning person and get the typical afternoon slump where I am just done. Then it’s like my body hates me and I’m up until midnight. I’m trying to not take unisom every night now. 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 girl I am right there with you. I also have anxiety issues but I have felt more down lately. Do you live in the north? I think for me the weather has been making everything worse. We get one sunny day a week and it is killing me. I think this is a hard time of year to be in early pregnancy. I know I personally have been sick for over two months so it can be a mental battle. I for now am handling it on my own with the support of family. For me the big thing is just talking about it (I’m also not on meds anymore for similar reasons to you). I want to learn how to manage emotions and life on life’s terms but I’m def staying aware and telling my husband it’s ok to tell me if he thinks I need extra help. Masters level classes are so demanding too! I think we lose brain function while pregnant lol so I literally can’t imagine doing that! Sounds like from your replies you are doing all the right things and how your feelings is pretty normal. You can always message me- I def identified with what you were saying (as you can see from the novel I wrote)
  • Options
    I’m on the struggle bus too @hardlyhannah
  • Options
    I’m not napping after school anymore, but I’m still physically exhausted by 8pm every night. But then I try to sleep and end up watching Hulu in bed until midnight. 
  • Options
    melprop said:
    I’m not napping after school anymore, but I’m still physically exhausted by 8pm every night. But then I try to sleep and end up watching Hulu in bed until midnight. 
    This.  Tired all the time. Occasionally tired enough that I crash for a nap. Never tired enough to sleep at bedtime. 

WTF internal clock. 
  • Options
    It is 1 am and I have to be up at 7 am to take DH in for his oral surgery. I'll likely still be up a couple of hours and finally hit REM sleep just as he wakes me up =(
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    pghctwife I am slightly overweight but not obese. I have heard about disappearing twins etc. messing up sex results so it definitely could be making the test all wonky. I was surprised at how fast they called too. 
    Yeah just regular overweight wouldn’t be a problem I don’t think! Hopefully better results next time, or it’s just bc of the twins. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Has anybody used the owlet baby sock monitor? I keep seeing it advertised on my Facebook but I don't really know much about it. 
  • Options
    Has anybody used the owlet baby sock monitor? I keep seeing it advertised on my Facebook but I don't really know much about it. 
    I haven't, but have friends who have. Some liked it, but others said that the baby was able to wiggle their foot out of it. I believe they've modified the design since then, though, so maybe it's better now. 

I used the Snuza Hero with DS, which clips on to the baby's diaper on their belly. They've since come out with the Pico, which connects to a smart phone like the Owlet does, so I am looking into getting that one this time. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We used the Souza with DS too. 
  • Options
    I didn't use anything.  And DS slept in his own room from the first day home from the hospital. 
  • Options
    @melbel0824 - a girlfriend of mine did and said it gave so many false alarms it caused her more worry than peace of mind. I don't know what brand but she got one of those monitors with the pad that goes under baby and that worked much better. I think several ladies recommended theirs in the product spotlight baby monitor thread. We didn't use anything and probably won't with this one either.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't use anything.  They're so expensive.... Plus my son slept on me for every sleep so I knew he was breathing, lol
  • Options
    We had some false alarms and they were scary AF. I probably won’t put anything on this baby but I’m hoping he’ll sleep on a normal flat surface. DS would only sleep in the rock n play and I googled that and got scared. Now that I’m a second time mom I know better than to google anything.