August 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly QUESTIONS 26-FEB

Re: Weekly QUESTIONS 26-FEB

• Options
    I was going to save this for TMI Tuesday tomorrow, but here goes nothing: (TMI WARNING) has anyone else had a yeast infection during this or a previous pregnancy? I woke up with what I'm 95% sure is one on Saturday and started doing 7 day Monistat on Saturday night but the first two doses don't seem to have helped and inserting them seems to be giving me cramps. Anyone have any experience with this? 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @legallykate I have had them with both of my pregnancies. I would call your OB and ask what they suggest and also see if they can prescribe Diflucan. I'm not sure if it's pregnancy safe but it always seemed to help me better than the OTC stuff. I'm sorry, yeast infections SUCK.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This may be a symptom or really a mental health post but anyone else seem to be struggling lately mentally?  I can't focus, I don't feel like being at work at all, I can't get motivated around the house to exercise or do chores and I am stressing out because I am in the last 3 weeks of two courses for my Masters I am working on and for the life of me I can't get motivated and I have 2 big projects due. I just want to lay down and cry pretty much all the time and that is typically not me at all.  Now, I am used to anxiety but this is not anxiety.

Funny enough, one of my projects is on pre and post natal depression in mothers LMAO.  I guess there's a reason I chose it.
  • Options
    @legallykate - yup, had 3 during my last pregnancy. Monistat did absolutely nothing, ditto @calimom2524 to call your OB for Diflucan. I took if for all 3 YIs and felt better within 24 hours

I did ask my OB because I read that it can be not so great for pregnancy, she pulled the medical article and we went through it together before she handed me the prescription. From what I remember it's ok during pregnancy, it's the higher doses that they prescribe for a bigger fungal infection that the doses aren't recommended.

So sorry you're dealing with it!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much @calimom2524 and @mrsbubbles-2, I will definitely call today.

@scottishlass1213 have you ever had depressed bouts prior to pregnancy? It sounds more like depression than anxiety. I have been having similar motivation issues at work but haven't been feeling as tired/prone to crying lately. My OB's office does mental health screenings throughout pregnancy because I think depression is really common not just postnatal but also during pregnancy, so maybe you could reach out to yours and see if they have any recommendations? I'm sorry you are dealing with this.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @legallykate
    I had one earlier this pregnancy. I was told to use Monistat and to make sure I used the 7 day treatment, anything less than that could be ineffective. It did clear up but not until I had finished the entire course. ALSO using the applicator caused bright red bleeding because I irritated my cervix. It is not dangerous but could be very alarming so if that happens to you then don't freak out. My midwife told me not to insert it the full way and that ensured I didn't bleed. Also, sorry to be graphic, but really try and make the area "open" before you insert it, more so than you would for a tampon, say. That helped me, anyway! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry @scottishlass1213 that you're going through that. I definitely think you should give your doctor a call. Pregnancy anxiety and depression are real and there is no shame in reaching out just to get  professiona opinion. Big hugs!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 I'm sorry you're struggling, but you're not alone. I definitely have a lackluster desire to do anything I need to do. DH is insistent on selling our house this year and I'm supposed to be cleaning up and selling miscellaneous things we've had in our basement and I just can't be bothered. Even every day chores are a struggle to get done, although I think it's getting a bit better. 

My anxiety is a bit higher than normal lately. I normally do okay with being able to mentally beat those anxious thoughts back with a bat, since medication just made me a zombie, so I'd learned to deal with the bad thoughts myself. But with being pregnant it seems every little odd twinge, pain, or whatever I experienced last week is always in the back of my mind. The "what if's" are crippling sometimes. Like I'm pretty sure my episode last week was a horrible combination of adrenaline, pregnancy fatigue/anemia, and walking up a steep hill but now I'm like, "Will it hit if I get anxious about the drive to my OB appointment on Wednesday?" "What if it happens when I go in labor, that's a pretty adrenaline charged moment, right?" Just ugh.

As for me, is there some sort of ligament that attaches to your hip bone in the front? I'm pretty sure I've experienced the dreaded RLP, that goes from the uterus to the pubic bone, but yesterday there was some very painful twinge on the left side that seemed distinctly attached to my hip bone. Any sharp movement, like going down stairs, or even deep breathing, made it hurt. Thankfully, it seems to be gone today *knocks on wood*. But it was quite unpleasant yesterday.
  • Options
    I just got a message from my OB's office. There was "not enough fetal fraction" for the NIPT test to be preformed and I have to have a retest.  Has anyone had this happen or head of it? The nurse said it happens sometimes and it isn't anything to worry about but, I am freaking out now and of course the office is closed for lunch! 
  • Options
    I just got a message from my OB's office. There was "not enough fetal fraction" for the NIPT test to be preformed and I have to have a retest.  Has anyone had this happen or head of it? The nurse said it happens sometimes and it isn't anything to worry about but, I am freaking out now and of course the office is closed for lunch! 
    Yes, I have heard of this happening a few times. I guess there wasn't enough fetal DNA in the blood sample provided (or something to that extent). It's not a big deal, except you have to get poked again! 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 - I am so sorry you're going through this. I'm going to echo PPs and say that it's not a bad idea to reach out to your OB. I really hope they can put you in touch with the right resources to deal with your struggles.

@neeraja_k - That sounds like more RLP - those tendons stretch and are pulled with everything expanding and shifting right now. However, if it does come back or get worse I'd say call your doctor and see if they have any recommendations.

@Brezzy1928 - I'm so sorry! How frustrating to have to wait again! From what my genetic counselor told me it's no big deal at all, there is more and more fetal dna in your bloodstream every day and the sample they took just didn't have enough to run the tests. How soon can you get scheduled for another draw? I'm really sorry

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @neeraja_k I’m not sure if this will make you feel better or worse but when I was in labor, I didn’t have time to think about anything. Right after I had DS. Literally like they put him on my chest and I started having a panic attack. I couldn’t breathe, vision blurred,hands went numb. I told my doctor I couldn’t feel my hands, so they took DS, gave me oxygen, doctor reassured me the placenta was out and all was fine, and I calmed down and was nursing DS within 20 minutes. So even if it does happen, you’ll be with medical professionals, and you’ll be okay. 

• Options
    @Firemanswife11 and @mrsbubbles-2 Thank You for helping ease my mind a little. I am googling like a crazy person! Hopefully I can go tomorrow to Quest up the street from my office or maybe my OB can fit me in. I am going to try and think positively but, it is really unnerving. 

Honestly I am not that surprised that something like this happened. Weird and unlikely things always happen to me! Just this pregnancy alone I had the heterotopic preganancy which is a 1 in 30,000 chance and now this which only happens in 3% - 5% of women. 

• Options
    @Brezzy1928 - my love-it is a hug, hope you can get to quest tomorrow!
    And stay away from the google lol!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've never been classified with depression before, just anxiety so this is semi-new to me.  I have an appt tomorrow so I will probably bring it up I think.  I just know it's because my normal things I enjoy have been taken away from me at the moment.  It sucks.  I can deal with my anxiety but this is different territory.  I'm a type A, super controlled, scheduled person and so the feeling of not wanting to do anything at all is weird. I don't even think it's pregnancy tiredness either.  It's definitely dealing with pain but I dunno.
  • Options
    I've never been classified with depression before, just anxiety so this is semi-new to me.  I have an appt tomorrow so I will probably bring it up I think.  I just know it's because my normal things I enjoy have been taken away from me at the moment.  It sucks.  I can deal with my anxiety but this is different territory.  I'm a type A, super controlled, scheduled person and so the feeling of not wanting to do anything at all is weird. I don't even think it's pregnancy tiredness either.  It's definitely dealing with pain but I dunno.
    Not diagnosing you at all, but it definitely sounds like symptoms of depression. I would urge you to speak to your OB asap. You don’t want to ignore it and it get progressively worse. Do you feel supported during this time? If not, that could be a huge contributing factor. 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 - so glad you have an appointment tomorrow. Have you been seen by a therapist before? If so, can you call about getting an appointment? I'm so sorry this is taking so much away from your daily life and it really does sound like something that needs prompt attention. All the hugs!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ssthomps I am totally supported I mean my DH is amazing. To be honest, he was gone for 2 weeks and in like 6 weeks he's gone again for 3 weeks and I think I am having a hard time mentally with that, especially since he'll be on the other side of the world.  It's just not fair but that's how our life has been for 13 years so I dunno.  He can't control it either, it's not his fault.  I'm hoping just pg hormones.

@mrsbubbles-2  Oh yeah, I've been to both talk therapy and been on medication before for anxiety so I am not opposed to it.  I guess mostly I just feel like things aren't going to change because they can't....at least until the baby is here hahaha
  • Options
    This happened to a few women in my previous bmb.  My one with DD2 was borderline, I had it done right at 10 weeks.  I had this one done at 11w6d and had more that twice the fetal fraction as my previous test.  So I think this is a risk if you get the test done on the early side, especially if you are not 100% sure on your dates.  Totally not indicative of an issue, but suuuuper annoying.
  • Options
    @delujm0  I am going to ditto what @Brezzy1928 ,  when I had the test the nurse had accidentally scheduled me for 10w exactly and another nurse called back and was like "oh no you need to be 10w3d" In my head I wondered what that 3 days difference would make, but I guess it really can.
  • Options
    windywomanwindywoman member
    edited February 2018
    I totally forgot that the Nurse Paralegal we recently hired was an OB Nurse for like 20 years so I asked her. She said it is nothing to worry about. My sister had a GYN appointment today and asked her doctor. lol. He said the same. Finally I got through to my OB Nurse and she said it is fine and that we are just going to do it again. She discussed it with my OB and they said there could be a possibility that because there was originally two in there that the test didn't know what to do with that so that could have screwed it up or something. But, whatever the reason it seems it happens and that it is not indicative of anything wrong. All I know is that  I will feel much better after my appointment next week!

ETA: Forgot some letters and a word
  • Options
    @Brezzy1928 glad you got some reassurance. I missed your post earlier. Not sure how. 

@scottishlass1213 I’m sorry you’re feeling down. Honestly a lot of your posts remind me of myself and I’d be down in the dumps if my husband were gone that much, even if it weren’t his fault. I know you have a son too, and it is exhausting. I feel totally done by 7 pm. I hope your doctor can give you some advice and that you start to feel better. 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 I'm so sorry you're going through that! I would be a wreck if my DH was gone for any amount of time and I definitely went through a really depressed stage when I was so sick all day every day during the first trimester. Thankfully things are looking up for me but I still have days where I'm less motivated than usual. Could it be partially a seasonal thing? Where I live it has been cold and rainy, but a few weeks ago we had some days in the upper 60s with sun, and my mood lifted SO much! I couldn't believe what a difference I felt in my energy level and mood just because of the weather. In any case I'm glad you will be talking to your ob!

My weekly question is, are anyone's boobs sore and dry? I'm 16 weeks and I feel like they are suddenly so sensitive again and feel HUGE.
    They itch and are dry which I can only attribute to the growth in such a short time but I don't remember them feeling this way with my DD. Not at this stage I at least, maybe in the third trimester.
    Im putting lotion on them but they feel so dry that I'm tempted to put lanolin on them but that seems ridiculous!
  • Options
    @amac12999 it’s nice to have someone feel similar though it’s crappy we are feelingbthat way!

@missybutler94 it probably is partially seasonal. I hate winter and cold and we had a few days of 70 last week I did feel much better. Hopefully by April my mood will improve with that alone. 
  • Options
    @missybutler94
    I definitely have itchy dry breasts, especially the areolas. They go back and forth with how sore they are. I started using a body butter on them, and it's helped a lot. I'd say go for the lanolin! 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @derbysquirrel maybe I'll try body butter first! That would probably help more than just plain lotion. I just need something unscented which I don't currently have :( Oh well! It's an excuse to go to target! And I might get some lanolin just in case. 
  • Options
    +1 for the dry, itchy breasts. I actually noticed the skin on my areolas was flaking when I dried off after my Sunday morning shower, and I lotion these things every day.  :s

On the plus side, they seemed to have stopped growing any larger that I can tell. And thankfully the aches inside has gone away and the tender nipples seems to have calmed down.
  • Options
    @missybutler94 grab a big tub of the Aquaphor ointment! It's awesome, has no scent, and will help out dry, cracking skin so well. You'll also be able to use it on baby if there's dry patches or excema :)
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• Options
    @rocknrrollmom omgosh thank you for that tip! We have some aquaphor for my husbands excema and I was eyeing it wondering if it would work for this!! I will definitely be doing that tonight.
  • Options
    So hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but if I'm having a bit of white-ish discharge but no itching or redness or fever or any other symptom, is it something to be concerned about? 

I had a bit of discharge in first tri, but that stopped around 12-13 weeks.  I'm 15 weeks now and this is just starting up again. I've never had a yeast infection, so not sure if it's possible to have one without the itching/redness symptom?
  • Options
    @hezzer78  Nope! My Dr. today asked about my discharge and I explained the same thing to her as you posted and she said as long as it doesn't smell or is itchy or a super off color then it's fine.
  • Options
    @hezzer78 I've got the same thing going on right now. Around weeks 8-10 I had it bad, but then it kinda cleared up, but now is back at 14 weeks. 
  • Options
    @hezzer78 Super normal and it will only get worse.  I wear a odor absorbing liner every day.
  • Options
    hezzer78 said:
    So hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but if I'm having a bit of white-ish discharge but no itching or redness or fever or any other symptom, is it something to be concerned about? 

I had a bit of discharge in first tri, but that stopped around 12-13 weeks.  I'm 15 weeks now and this is just starting up again. I've never had a yeast infection, so not sure if it's possible to have one without the itching/redness symptom?
    I always end up with a lot. So much so, I usually end up wearing pants liners on a daily basis towards the end. So much fun. ;-)
  • Options
    TMI*****
    Re: discharge just a reminder that the mucus plug regenerates so don't be surprised if your wiping and something gooey is on the toilet paper. This happens to me that day after sex and always causes a WTF moment even though I know what it is now.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yes, I rock the liners every day as well. I can't stand stuff in my underwear.
  • Options
    brzvice said:
    TMI*****
    Re: discharge just a reminder that the mucus plug regenerates so don't be surprised if your wiping and something gooey is on the toilet paper. This happens to me that day after sex and always causes a WTF moment even though I know what it is now.
    After sex, that might be something else :grimace:
    This is what I was thinking too.  I don't think you lose mucus plug every time you have sex the whole pregnancy?
  • Options
    @livinthesunnylife It has happened twice this pregnancy the day after sex.  Just a piece of MP not male biological matter.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker